Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

3.2lb off and club 10 with it for me this week. Have had a horrible few days with big emotional stress, lack of sleep and flare up of IBS, not felt like eating a lot but what I have had has been fairly SW friendly. Not had many syns though which is why I think I've had a decent loss after my boozy Saturday. That and I think last weeks STS was period bloat so otherwise would've lost. Havnt managed to get to the gym since Thursday, which isn't good but because I've hardly slept since Sat ive felt too poorly to do anything much other than work.
Today I'm planning a treat of either a hot chocolate or a milkshake from this amazing coffee shop at work that I have to keep away from! Then back to it 100% from tomorrow. Only 1lb to go until I hit 1.5 stones off!

Anyone know how I can get more than 1 sticker in my sig?

Red days are a bit daunting at first but get in a nice steak or other fresh meat and it's easy! Steak and onions with a side salad- or home made extra lean beef burgers in wholemeal rolls with onions and a salad- easy free meals! I'm going to do a coupla red days (Red weekend hopefully!) as I've been bloated too and SO sick of the STS's!!
Eggs are great on Red too- you just have to be careful with things like mugshots and carby things you arent used to syning which are suddenly like 20 syns on red *gulp*. You get double Hex's though which is fab! So you can spare a HexB for a potato or wholemeal pasta easily.
Give it a go :) x

Thank you for the info ladies. I will probably try to mix the plans up a bit more then post some diaries to make sure I'm doing ok!

Well the poorly feeling reached a peak when I broke out in a rash and my eyes puffed up. Went to see my GP and he said its a virus but we don't know what yet. Been told to rest, drink plenty and stay away from people!
Feel so crap that SW is kind of at the back of my mind instead of the front; still sticking to my syns and eating the right things but not really planning of making anything too adventurous.

Oh no, that sucks!
Soumds like you need to redt up. Unfortunately the dcales are always a bit wacko when we're ill because of water retention so dont be hard on yourself if they're not great at your next WI.
Get well soon! X

+1lb this week :( I'm very disheartened because I have stuck to the plan so well. I tried to overcompensate for the virus by drinking lots of fluids and eating plenty of fruits. This sucks. I was hoping for a loss because I'm away this weekend so expected a little gain next week. Now I feel like I'm going to have to be super careful all weekend even though it's my first weekend away with my hubby since before christmas. I stopped posting in my diary because I still keep a written one in my notebook but maybe I need to start posting again because maybe I'm doing something wrong without realising.

Todays Diary - EE day

B - 35g fruit and fibre HXB With 125ml Skimmed milk HXA

Bannana and Apple

L - Chicken tikka pieces with salad leaves, peppers and tomatoes. Mediterranean mugshot. Melon.

Mullerlight, 2 chocolate fingers 3 Syns

D - Fanta chicken with peppers, mushrooms, onions and carrots. Boiled brown rice.

Freddo bar and options hot choc, 1 mikado 7.5 syns

Fluids - 1 mug tea, 1 coffee, large glass water, 3 fruit teas, 1 can lilt zero, 1 glass squash, options.

Last edited:
Hubby and I booked our summer Hols last night, we fly to Gran Canaria 8 weeks on Monday. I was hoping to be down to 11 stones by then but I think 13.5 lb in 8 weeks when I have 4 weekends away in that time is a bit ambitious :( I'm excited about getting away both on my mini breaks and big Hols but I had hoped to be smaller and more comfortable with myself by then. As of next week I need to regain my drive for exercise and get back into 3 or 4 decent work outs a week. Although exercise doesn't seem to boost my losses, I know I'll feel a lot more toned.

Are chicken tikka pieces free? I want some :O

Dont get hung up on the +1 if you are still recovering from a virus- hopefully you'll drop the water weight over the weekend to balance out whatever you eat while away!
I know what you mean about exercise not boosting losses- it's annoying, huh? Gran Canaria will be great! If you stay focused while having your weekends out and eat well, 13.5lbs in 2 months *is* possible. Just think, while on weekends out, avout how great it will feel to be 11st on hol, and let that thought determin your food and dribks while out!
X

Some are, the ones I had were Bernard Matthews and they're actually turkey lol. Think sainsburys lower fat ones are free too.
I just need to stay focused and put in 100%.

Today's diary-EE and v similar to yesterday!

B-35g fruit and fibre (HXb) and 100ml skimmed milk (HXa)

Bannana and mini rice Krispy square (4 Syns)

L-turkey tikka salad with peppers, tomatoes, carrot sticks and rocket. Apple, satsuma, muller light. Chicken noodle mugshot.

D-undecided yet either chilli with wedges or rice. Or pasta with bolognaise made with veggies and extra lean beef mince.

Prob have another hot choc and freddo later (7 syns)

So I'm away in Oxford this weekend, the weather hasn't been to kind to us but thankfully was dry enough whilst hubs was on the outdoors bit of his photography workshop. I spent yesterday wondering around the city then had a self indulgent hour reading magazines and painting my toenails back at the hotel!
Yesterday's food-

B-bannana, cup of tea, hifi light (half hx b) and fruit salad

S-alpen light (1/2 HX B)

L-tuna and egg salad from Eat, without the dressing. Another bannana.

D-steak, salad, jacket potato.

Syns-long island ice tea but with diet coke -5 syns
Red wine-8 syns
Banoffe sundae-? 15 syns maybe

28 syns-could have been much worse and I reckon I can claw it back by WI because I'd saved 5 syns from thurs&fri and think I can use 8 less across mon& tues.

Part of me really wishes I wasn't thinking about this right now!

Well I've totally written off the weekend, started off quite focused this morning and had porridge with berry compote in wetherspoons whilst hubby tucked into a full English. Then went to get some lunch to eat on the train home and options were v limited but managed tomato and mozzarella salad that had pesto pasta in and a fruit pot. On the train I gave into choc cravings and split a large pack of revels with hubby. For dinner had planned to go for a curry but neither of us can really be bothered so have dug a steak pie from the bottom of the freezer to have with mash and veg. I'm a bit angry with myself for losing my focus and being so weak willed. Once again I'm back to a Monday to get back on plan.

Did my first Red day today!

B-30g all bran crunch (b choice) with fat free natural yogurt

S-bannana

L-salad with tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, leaves, ham, 40g low fat cheddar(a choice) pickled onions and beetroot.
An apple, half a pack of grapes, muller light

S-satsuma, 2 mini brownie bites (5 syns)

D-steak, salad, 2 big mushrooms, caramelised onions (0.5 syns for salad dressing) 200g jacket potato (2nd B choice)

Options hot choc (2 syns) and 2 choc fingers (3 syns)

10.5 syns

Going to have another Red day tomorrow in a bid to limit the damage on the scales from the weekends bad choices.

Hey Summer! Congrats on your first red day! How was it? Did you miss the carbs or find it Ok? I'm shocked that I'm finding them so easy at the mo as I used to be craving pasta the whole time.

Dont beat yourself up over the slip up- it was great that you made good choices for breakfast and lunch! Red days should help and maybe stick to 10 syns for the rest of the week to balance out the extras for chox. Might be good to face the music and work out how many syns you had? (would scare you off next time perhaps! But also help you work out how to stay under weekly amount so you can still get a nice loss!)
Dont get too stressed about it though, I see some people on here have much bigger binges than that but like twice a week- every week! Makes me think "why do they bother?" lol.

You are doing great, keep at it! X

Thanks Hun, I found it ok tbh. Works been quite busy so not really thought about it too much. Have followed red again today and have everything crossed for the scales tomorrow!! Will be doing EE for the rest of the week but poss red over the weekend.. I havnt craved carbs as much as I thought I would.

Today's foods...Red day

B-2 weetabix with hot skimmed milk and 1 tsp sugar (HXA1 and HXB1 +1 syn)

Bannana and apple

L-Tuna mayo salad (1 syn for extra light mayo) with boiled eggs. A muller light. Melon.

Grapes, satsuma and 2 choc fingers (3syns)

D-chicken breast with low low cheese (HXA2) and bacon. 200g new potatoes (HXB2). Roasted veg-carrots, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, red onion.

Planning hot choc and mikado (5 syns) for bedtime treat.

10 syns total.

Does this look ok for red day? X

Looks really good! Well done love!

Red days are brilliant for countering bad weekends. I was up to 13st12 Sunday and now back to 13st9 already, hopefully be a lot more by Friday :) yay to red days!

X

Thank u! I've never written a report so I'm scared i don't even know how to begin?! Or set it out. Ahhhhh. Mixing plans works really well I think, keeps your body on its toes. X

No. It's a report based on my findings of an early years setting, I did 24 hours and have to make a formal report based on some questions they provided, Then compare it with another type of early years provision, was going to do that New Zealand one as I think it's cool, way better than the eyfs. X

Back