1 large potatoe
A bunch of spinach leaves roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garam masaalah
A bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
gram flour

Slice the onions and potatoes finely (not too finely though) and mix all ingredients together.

Put in 3 tablespoons of gram flour (syns will need to be included for this) and mix with a little water at a time..

You need to see how much gram flour your mixture will need and add water appropriately because it will depend on the water content of your onions/potatoes

Then I would pick up a small handful and drop it into the deep fryer but not sure how they would taste if you would put them in the oven.. They should work I think. I'll ask my mum lol

Hi Roziee - could I use a standard flour or does it need to be gram - it sounds lovely and a bit like the onion bhaji recipe I tried

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Roziee said:
It wouod be a bit stodgy with flour too.. Gram flour is a lot lighter xx

Okey Dokey. - I should invest in some. Do you know the syn value?

I think I saw it in Tesco - but the bag woz massiv init!! (done in my best Essex accent)

Kx

Hahahaha.. I have some.. Lemme check...

379 calories per 100 grams

That's not that bad because you could make quite a lot of pakorahs with that that it would come to just over 1 syn per pakorah if you used 100g which I don't think u will need to actually...

Roziee said:
Hahahaha.. I have some.. Lemme check...

379 calories per 100 grams

That's not that bad because you could make quite a lot of pakorahs with that that it would come to just over 1 syn per pakorah if you used 100g which I don't think u will need to actually...

Cheers hun

Do you know other recipes I could use my gram flour for (just need to get some now lol)

Kx

Hmmm..

If you mix the same spices I mentioned in the pakorah recipe with thick slices of aubergine thats delish! The aubergine will go nice and squishy and will soak the spices..

Or slice of thick potatoes..

My mum used to make lady fingers covered on this pakorah mixture- I don't like them though..

And I love your innit accent :p lol you might be able to get a small packet from sainsburys..

Roziee said:
Hmmm..

If you mix the same spices I mentioned in the pakorah recipe with thick slices of aubergine thats delish! The aubergine will go nice and squishy and will soak the spices..

Or slice of thick potatoes..

My mum used to make lady fingers covered on this pakorah mixture- I don't like them though..

And I love your innit accent :p lol you might be able to get a small packet from sainsburys..

I don't like lady's fingers either - it's like eating a bowl of bogies!!! Errrrrrrrrrr yeuch!

I will try Sainsbury if I get a chance - have to go to Lal- ton (Loughton) innit for that - well Essex dahn there

K

Roziee said:
Hahaha k!!

If only we lived closer I could have given you some xx

I hear there is this thing called The Post run by Royal Mail innit . People stick funny square things on stuff and put them in strange red boxes through an 'ole .... and it just arrives ! - lol lol lol (cheeky is my middle name)

Kx

Kx

Lol ok safe then yea.. Like, gimme yo address right now yea and I'll post it thru the ole u talking bout! ;-) hahahaha

Roziee said:
Lol ok safe then yea.. Like, gimme yo address right now yea and I'll post it thru the ole u talking bout! ;-) hahahaha

Cool - Essex speak is contagious init!!
I'll get all Sunday weighers talking like me!!!
A bit concerned about you posting through the hole though :roofles:

Kx

Roziee said:
Hahaha cheeky minx!

;)

Oh my tummy is ful..

I've been very good and eaten 1/2 pineapple 2 days in a row.. Want to get rid of these 6 lbs so I can get down into the 19 stone now... Gosh, I weigh twice as most of you in this thread lol

My pakora was from the local curry house so definitely deep fried. Been a piggy again today. My son is going away this coming week with the school and I am completely freaked out at the thought of being away from him for so long :( I can't show it, obviously, so am just quietly stuffing my face. Going to do some decorating while he is away to keep me busy and distracted....so if I am not here posting, I will be up a ladder or something.

silly sausage said:
My pakora was from the local curry house so definitely deep fried. Been a piggy again today. My son is going away this coming week with the school and I am completely freaked out at the thought of being away from him for so long :( I can't show it, obviously, so am just quietly stuffing my face. Going to do some decorating while he is away to keep me busy and distracted....so if I am not here posting, I will be up a ladder or something.

Hey ss..

How long is he going for?

Use that as motivation to lose some extra pounds so he will notice when he comes back xx

He will be gone Mon-Fri. Sure he will love it. Silly mummy I am. I will be painting the kitchen so might have a fry up and soup week again as that worked well and doesn't need much cooking.

Funny how everyone here is suddenly eating pineapple this week!! I bought some today too.

Youre not silly at all. I would feel exactly the same.. Yeah I bought 2 big ones and have eaten 1 with the hubby and 1/2 melon too.. Hope it helps my losses. Been exercising every day this week too- not for long.. Only 30 mins a day so I hope that helps too..

I'm not eating pineapple as it makes me ill :sigh: along with a whole host of other things

Good luck for this mornings weigh in gang :D

Back