Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Kwise! What a menu! Thats a toughie. I think I would go for the whitebait for starters then the teriyaki pork. Save all your HEs and then if there is oil in it then that can go towards it. That would be the "healthiest" option in my opinion. Stay away from the crusty bread lol. xx

Woodland Girl - I went to visit the nurse the other day who is also sort of doing this plan and she takes in a big tub of fruit salad and munches her way through that all day. She makes a big lot of it and it does her 2-3 days if kept in the fridge. She chops up pineapple, melon, oranges, grapes, apples etc and throws it all together. Just an idea. xx

Hello everyone!

I have come back to you all after about a month off plan and let me tell you I feel awful!
I've not been eating particularly badly, I've STS at 26st 2.5lb, but I'm getting heart burn all the time, bad stomachs (sorry TMI), lots of headaches and generally feeling crappy. Honestly right now I feel so ill :( All i want to do is eat a salad haha

OH and I have had a lot of money trouble with me being out of work and then the benefits I was getting being cut drastically and it was literally all we could afford to eat cheaply from iceland. The money situation hasn't changed but I just can't carry on eating like this and feeling as rough as I do. So I'm going to do my best to get the cheapest fresh produce I can find. I plan on hitting the market on saturday and seeing what's there :)

So I shall sneak back in, I'm not going to be following SW 100%, but I'm going to do my best and hopefully that will be enough :)

I hope everyone's been keeping well and look forward to hearing from you all on sunday when we check in :D

Emma
xXx

Hey Emma. Good to see you back on the thread. You have done really well to stay the same. Do you think it is processed food that is making you feel crappy? Was reading another thread earlier today about people feeling ikky if they eat certain foods.

I think Kwise had some recipes for EE dinners on a budget for someone here a while back. She is always full of ideas. Good luck :) x

Hi all,

Am having a rubbish week because of an on/off (and now totally off) relationship, so forgive me for not answering any comments.

BUT - the good news is that I haven't turned to food for comfort; this ia a massive breakthrough for me!

Honey, sorry to hear your news x
Thanks craftylucy, yeah, I take big bowls of yummy ness when I can! I have to make stuff the night before though so it depends on me being organised ;-)

The 3 mysterious lbs have gone again, so might have a better weigh this week. I lose 4 lbs a month so I should just wi monthly as it is not 1 lb a week !! Couldn't wait that long though!!

Emma, I hope you can get your money and food sorted. I mentioned cap money to someone else on this forum, an excellent and free debt councelling service. We did the money management course and it is really good !

Have a 100% day ya'all! X

Welcome back Emma.

Good to hear those lbs have gone again WG. Fingers crossed for Sunday :)

Honey - sorry to hear things aren't good. Even if you knew it was going to happen and may have even wanted it to happen, in my experience it's still pretty hard when it actually does. A huge well done for not turning to food. That's a massive achievement. Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks SS, I feel great now, must have been a 24hr thing luckily.

I feel for you moneywise Emma, it's really terrible how cheap the bad naughty food is, while healthy stuff is so expensive. Doesn't make sense how you can buy a giant bag of frozen oven chips for £1 while a tiny punnet of raspberries is £3+!

We usually buy a few tins of tesco value tomatoes and blend a tin up with cheap stock for a basic sauce. Then buy a big bag of frozen veg to bulk it up. Then we buy the cheapest dried pasta/rice and the cheapest potatoes for SW chips. From these ingredients we make basic pasta, bolognese, lasagne, cottage pie.

After that we buy Quorn which makes it expensive but obviously you don't need to do that!

We only do green, I don't know if red or EE is cheaper as I'm a veggie! But I hope this helps. Xx

Emma - well done on STS after a month off plan! That is brilliant. yep bags of frozen peppers and veg are good value. Cheap rice and pasta and lots of tins of various beans. rice bean salads and pasta salads are great. Make bolognaise and chilli in bulk and freeze portions of it. jacket pots are filling too with baked beans. I just keep saying to myself - "Stop getting so food obsessed. It is only food" and that helps me to get it into perspective. It's just fuel!! xx

The basic red sauce which Pinkie describes is also good for curries and chillies. I added cajun seasoning to mine tonight. Would blow your head off! My favourite meal from Iceland is the Ross spinach and ricotta cannelloni. It is seriously creamy, £1, veggie and only 3.5 syns on green/EE.

Thanks for the lovely comments, guys!!! I'm a bit down but fine - I guess losing weight has made me realise that there are things that I wasn't happy about, and I just don't feel like I want to settle.

I'm so pleased (and surprised!) that food isn't an escape for me - I guess the last 11 months really have changed me...

Well done Honey for staying on track in the face of emotional turmoil. It's a good sign though that you are no longer willing to settle for anything other than what you really want - amazing how losing some weight can change your perspective on all sorts of things. Hope things improve for you. x

Welcome back Emma. I second the advice about rice and pasta dishes being really cheap and filling. I often make big slow cooker pots full of speed soup, veggie curry, or pasta sauce and then portion them up and stick them in the freezer. Also frozen fruit is cheaper than fresh for berries - tesco do a bag of mixed berries for about £1, which are great to go on your cereal. Well done for STS and good luck getting back on track!

What are we all up to this weekend? :D

Thinking of making some healthy nibbles for watching T in the Park on telly, painting my kitchen wall units and potting-on my tomatoes and cucumbers. Life in the fast lane eh? :rolleyes:

I killed the thread :eek:

I am nosey to hear about Kwise's restaurant trip last night.

My neighbour has gone to Blackpool for the weekend so I nabbed her zumba for the wii before she left. Will give it a go. Told her to expect to see me with a washboard tummy like the girl on the box when she returns on Sunday :D

Hi ss!

Went to the wood this morning, chilling now, wedding party tonight, 6 hours total travelling hours on a train tomorrow for curry lunch with a friend! Then back to school Monday exhausted!!

Have fun ;-)

Hey guys and gals!

Sorry I've been a proper lurker this week. I've been cheating a bit!

Also, I have changed from iPhone and on blackberry now and SO not as easy to check here :( sad times!!!!

i hope you're all ok - honey - i'm gutted for you what's going on for you, but really really well done on not turning to food for comfort. That's ace :)

saus - how you finding the wii zumba? I'm just about to get mine out in a sec following a friends marathon and a big bowl of SS soup!

Good luck everyone for weigh in tomorrow :) (my sneak peak looks good but not sure if it'll reflect the same tomorrow!)

Back