Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Congratulations Emma on your award winning month. I'm dead chuffed for you :winner:

Why_D - relieved to read you had a good day and were not pining or anything lol

Had a good start to the week with a trolley dash around Aldi to fill up on cheapo fruit, veg and tins. My sister has begifted me a massive celeriac so I will have to get my thinking head on :D

Have a great week everyone xxx :553:

I have nekkid, unfestive peas :cry:

*cough* Smartie *cough* :rolleyes:

I'm taking orders for xmas avatars if anyone wants one :D

Dont all rush at once and form an orderly queue >>>>>>> here <<<<<<<

ps I gained 1/2 :sigh: fingers crossed for a better week :D

In general a great week here. Well done everyone (no matter how big or small). For those who didn't lose, draw a line and get back on it. This is a lifelong journey for most of us so you can expect a few gain along the way.

I had a much better week than I've had for ages apart from a particularly bad day yesterday. Still, I lost 1.5lb which is the gain from last week plus 0.5 lb. Still have 5.5 lb of the holiday gain to come off but I'm making progress in the right direction.

Honey - I am just so proud of how you are doing. It's great to see you continuing to make progress in the right direction no matter whether you have the odd gain here and there (which is normal). It's brilliant and inspiring and I'm so pleased to have been here with you for the last year :)

Why_d - similarly, you are just doing fantastically well. A superstar despite having a great social life eating out pretty frequently.

And sausage - I love the fact that you keep coming here every week and that you have maintained your loss over time which (if you're anything like me) is an achievement not to be sniffed at. I have never ever maintained any kind of loss for any length of time.

Spanx - lucky you on the dating scene :) Good luck for your xmas challenge.

Emma - I am delighted for you. Really, really. I love hearing the positivity and seeing the results. Yay.

Kwise - these things happen. I hope you feel better soon.

I know I've missed a few people out and I'm sorry. It's late and I need to go to bed. However, please be aware that I have read all your posts and am rooting for everyone even if I haven't commented.

Have a good week everyone. See you next week.

Gail x

P.S. Good luck on your fresh start Judith and Pickle

I have nekkid, unfestive peas :cry:

*cough* Smartie *cough* :rolleyes:

PMSL. Good response smartie :)

Sorry to hear that smartie. I hope you know why though ?? You're sooooo close to that 5 stone though if you're stats are correct ?

Hope this week is better for you.

Gail x

My stats aren't correct :( and I came dangerously close to losing my 4.5 stone shiny a few weeks back. I'm not changing them as I feel meh about how much weight I have put on *living in denial* I think its 4.5 I need to lose to get my 5 stone back

Hey Smartie,

You're human. It'll come back. Don't change them because you can't face up to it, just don't change them because you're going to turn it around. A few weeks ago I had my 5.5 shiny. I then lost that AND the 5 stone one. I've got the 5 stone one back and I'm chasing the 5.5 one now. It's frustrating because I've 'been there' and I would quite like the 6 stone one. But it's life. I can't stop doing this so I just keep going !!!

Big hugs.

Gail x

I've made it Gail, brace yourself for this one .... no drooling over your keyboard :p

nntci9.jpg

You have your very own cereal bar selection box :D What more could you ask for?

I did forget to mention earlier, there will be a slight charge for my xmas avatars, so could you stick 50p in a charity box of your choice. Thanking you very muchly :D

I'm taking orders for xmas avatars if anyone wants one :D

Dont all rush at once and form an orderly queue >>>>>>> here <<<<<<<

ps I gained 1/2 :sigh: fingers crossed for a better week :D

Hey smartie - me me me me me!!!! Please - I want a Xmas avator - a jaunty hat on her or something? I love my dressy avator, makes me laugh every time. Thank you my lovely!

And a 1/2 lb gain isn't much, you're definitely keeping an eye on it. It'll fall off you this week for sure!

In general a great week here. Well done everyone (no matter how big or small). For those who didn't lose, draw a line and get back on it. This is a lifelong journey for most of us so you can expect a few gain along the way.

I had a much better week than I've had for ages apart from a particularly bad day yesterday. Still, I lost 1.5lb which is the gain from last week plus 0.5 lb. Still have 5.5 lb of the holiday gain to come off but I'm making progress in the right direction.

Honey - I am just so proud of how you are doing. It's great to see you continuing to make progress in the right direction no matter whether you have the odd gain here and there (which is normal). It's brilliant and inspiring and I'm so pleased to have been here with you for the last year :)

Why_d - similarly, you are just doing fantastically well. A superstar despite having a great social life eating out pretty frequently.

And sausage - I love the fact that you keep coming here every week and that you have maintained your loss over time which (if you're anything like me) is an achievement not to be sniffed at. I have never ever maintained any kind of loss for any length of time.

Spanx - lucky you on the dating scene :) Good luck for your xmas challenge.

Emma - I am delighted for you. Really, really. I love hearing the positivity and seeing the results. Yay.

Kwise - these things happen. I hope you feel better soon.

I know I've missed a few people out and I'm sorry. It's late and I need to go to bed. However, please be aware that I have read all your posts and am rooting for everyone even if I haven't commented.

Have a good week everyone. See you next week.

Gail x

P.S. Good luck on your fresh start Judith and Pickle

PMSL. Good response smartie :)

Thanks Gail!!! And well done on your loss this week, that's absolutely fantastic, you're doing so well. And do you realise, that a lot of people have been on this journey together on this thread for well over a year now? It's fabulous really, how this thread has got such sticking power. I love it! You're a real inspiration to me :)

My stats aren't correct :( and I came dangerously close to losing my 4.5 stone shiny a few weeks back. I'm not changing them as I feel meh about how much weight I have put on *living in denial* I think its 4.5 I need to lose to get my 5 stone back

That's definitely do-able and a really good goal, smartie - I'm up for a 100% week this week, so will be around spouting encouragement to myself !

My technical report on the perceived merits of using counters as syns
The experiment
One counter is one syn. I had 70 syns in a bowl to use over a week. Each time I use one I move the counters.

Did it work?
Well, yes! Really made me think about how many I was using, planning ahead etc. the mistake I made was in only having 70!! I could have 105, right? Well, I was trying to cut back but on Friday night my remaining 17 or do got used up at a friends house where he had curry crisps and champagne. So, sat morning I had none to use and so I did what any self respecting person does. Ate loads of syns!!! Lol

I reckon I still stayed under the 105 though but it felt like I failed. So, this time I have 70 black counters and 35 emergency white ones. The aim is to use black ones first and to try to not use all the white ones ! We shall see. Managed to only use 5 yesterday so I am building up a buffer :)

I have 4.1 to lose from today to get under 10. I wonder if I can do that before new year? I know most people could but I lose I credibly slowly. Taken me a year to lose 2.4!!! Well, I will try!

10 miles on my bike yesterday , need to up the exercise again, it will help

Have plan
Have syns
Have lunch ready :)

Have a good day everyone
Tx

Well done Tracey,

What's great is that you can see how well it could have worked but needs a bit of tweaking. I think MANY of us can relate to what happened. Fingers crossed for this week.

And a HUGE MASSIVE THANK YOU to Smartie. I LOVE it :)

I am going to be putting money in a box at work (instead of Xmas cards) for Derian House children's hospice (who are brilliant and I already have a regular standing order to them as well) so I will put in a bit extra for you. Thanks again :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Morning all, going to do some cleaning and exercise to work off a little of what I ate yesterday. I dont feel guilty as I had a wonderful day with my other half and even tried on a dress I absolutely love in John Lewis that I may get as my wedding dress.
Buy John Lewis Women Uma Satin Back Crepe Dress, Champagne online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis
I am also thinking of returning to group to help me move the last 24lbs or I may keep a diary of my exercise and eats and use the counters and post everything on here to keep me on track.

Morning all, and well done to the losers. Some of you have done brilliantly.
A sort of semi-well-done to the STS-ers, and commiserations to my fellow gainers.

I meant to remember to weigh on Saturday morning, because I knew I was having a seriously off-plan curry on Saturday night - but I forgot.
So Sunday morning was a 2lb gain. And I know it would include food weight. But I wish I knew what it would have been before it.

And I'm just so fed up that I can't get my head back into this and back on plan.
And I'm also fed up with feeling fed up & miserable.
It's time to turn contortionist, and give myself a good kick up the backside, but I can't quite manage it.

Help, anyone? There is a fairly large arse here, ripe for the kicking!

Im in too much of a good mood to tell you off, I dont know if it will work but im sending you some of my good mood.
Im also going to quote yourself lol
'A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.'

That dress is just stunning Vicky, I'm loving the bustle at the back :)

I'm with you Jim - trying so hard to get my head back in the game and I cant honestly remember the last time I had a 100% week. If I am honest I'm struggling to consecutive 100% days going at the mo :sigh:. I'm just going to do my best and keep plodding on... trying not to gain so I can at least maintain. Hopefully the new year will also be a fresh start for us both :)

Im in too much of a good mood to tell you off, I dont know if it will work but im sending you some of my good mood.
Im also going to quote yourself lol
'A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.'

Yeah, ok. Thanks, Vicky.
I'll try.

smartie do me :p

Back