Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I dont have any before pics - I regret not having some taken now, because its sometimes hard to see how far you have come. But at the time I joined, I thought meh this isnt going to work so didnt bother.....

But I was quite happy to have my pic taken then - although loads got deleted lol, that graduation was the reason I joined SW - because I didn't want to look like a big fat black bat flapping around :eek:. Hopefully by the next graduation I will be at target :D

I couldn't see any photos. Am I looking in the wrong place ??

I know what you mean about not taking 'before' photos - I was the same. I never dreamt it would work/I would stick to it etc etc etc. Still, I have a fair way to go so I took some photos at the weekend. Hopefully I will be able to look back at those when I have lost a bit more........

Good luck for tomorrow Smartie. We're all rooting for you.

Gail x

I'm having a bit of a grrrrrrr day. I don't feel like whinging which is what would happen if I explained my grrrrrrr but there is lots of grrrrr with a few rarrrrrrrs and hurrumphs.... oh and a meh! ..... and maybe a small pfffffft.

Well I feel much better for venting :rotflmao:

Just going to sit back with my mug of tea and relax for a few minutes before the grrrrrr-ing restarts! Worry not though, none of it is important/significant just life at it's most frustrating/irritating. Grrrrrrrr - well dammit the grrrrrrrs re-started sooner than I thought!

Hope everyone has a grrrrr-free day! :D I'm tempted to eat cake which should be syn-free on a grrrr-day, just because no-one should be game enough to contradict me!! :rotflmao:

Incidentally, I'm not really going to eat cake - I just want to! fruit-cake... a bit like me - eh! :p

Got my chair back today. Thank god! Let's hope I can do some recovery work this week!

Great news about you chair Why_d :)

I lost 1.5 this week so I am noq bang on 13 stone, my aim for next week is to get into the 12's :D

Dont I just, if I had it wouldnt have been such a mountain to climb and, if I am honest I actually thought I had gone past the point of no return :(

SW is the ONLY plan I have ever managed to stick to and enjoy doing. I used to do the old crash and burn diets whereby I used to announce I was on a diet, crash for a week, succumb to starvation and then put it back on, then think s0d it, it dont work :cry:

But now, i can honestly see the light at the end of the tunnel :D I still enjoy the food I am eating, my binges are relatively under control and for once I feel that I in control.

So what about you sausage (or anyone else)?? you been doing it for a while, how are you finding it? :)

Yayyyy Why_d - excellent news about your chair! Good luck with the week ahead!

Great loss smartie! fingers crossed you achieve that great milestone into the 12s next week!

I find it relatively easy to stick to this plan and did really well on it when I started last year and for the first 3 or 4 months probably. I got into difficulty when my weight plateaued and nothing I tried seemed to get the weight loss moving again and I got really really frustrated. At that point I sort of half gave up - I stayed mainly on plan in terms of what I ate but with the occasional take away or some extra sweetie type syns. In the probably 5 or 6 months where I wasn't officially "on plan" I only put on 6lbs but the trend was definitely a slow but steady rise.

I feel though now that my head is in the right place now (on my shoulders :rotflmao: ) and with all the good people on the Sunday weighers thread that I can now do this and get to target sooner rather than later. I really do think that the support I get here will see me to the not very bitter end!

Enough introspection for this time of day! It looks like being a beautiful day here - bright blue skies and sunshine, probably going to be a toasty 30C plus today! I'm wishing I were back in England now as the snow looks lovely ... and my daughter wants to make a snowman! Having said that, I used to hate it when it snowed.... looks pretty in parks and gardens but walking on slippery pavements and skidding around on the roads I don't miss at all! ;)

Anyway, I'm wibbling on again! Today is going to be another green day full of veggie and fruity goodness .... I might even have some quorn today. It costs a fortune here and has only recently become available.

Hope everyone sleeps well when they go and have a great day tomorrow!

Y

I feel though now that my head is in the right place now (on my shoulders :rotflmao: )

See, thats why I think I'm the only normal one around these parts, because my head is quite firmly on my neck :p :sign0151:

Really nice to hear that you are now finding it a way of life rather than a diet, I think I am almost there, just a few more hurdles to jump hopefully

I am finding it great! Never hungry and it is all tasty stuff. My mealtimes are a lot calmer too, if that makes sense. I savour every mouthful rather than shovelling it in unconsciously.

In the past I have been to two slimming clubs and done quite well (Scottish Slimmers and Rosemary Conley) but I can't be doing with counting everything and feeling hungry. SS classes annoyed me as it seemed to be all about how many two-fingered kitkats you could shoehorn into your day. RC was better but I had problems getting there. I prefer doing it on my own now.

I also find that SW fits in well with my gardening. When I decided suddenly to do something about my weight I though, "Oh no! I have planted a million potato tubers" but that is not a problem on green days hehehe.

In my 16th week now I feel I could happily eat this way for good. I don't think I am missing anything at all from my pre-SW days. If anything, the food is better.

You guys crack me up !!!! You are hilarious

Why_d - delighted about your chair. Good luck for this week. Please remind me next time I try to do something that someone who knows more about cooking (ie anyone !) has told me not to do. Tried your delicious stroganoff tonight.........with smoked paprika (yes, I know you told me not to but I just didn't listen !) which wasn't anywhere near as nice (but I still ate it !). Ho hum. I promise to listen to you next time..........

Smartie - LOVIN' the picture. You look fab. And your hair is just gorgeous. You must feel absolutely amazing. Well done. And congrats on the loss this week.

I wish I had found SW earlier (this is my first time) but I have no regrets. For me, I just had to be in the 'right place' and I am (at the moment). If I had found it but not been in 'the right place' I don't know whether I would have been able to stick to it. I have had a total change of mindset - I would still never ever choose to turn down any food (if I could get away with it) but because of my change of mind, I am now happy to turn stuff down and not feel deprived. I still have to make a conscious choice to do that but can deal with that and not look back. I feel that this could be my 'way of life' now but am still so nervous about falling off the wagon.

Ozzie - I think to have come off plan and only put on 6 lbs is pretty good. I know it's still a slow steady gain but it's 'only' 6lbs and hopefully that won't happen again.

I'm having an ok week. Food wise has been fine but for some reason I have gained 1.5lbs since Sunday ???? I know that's a lesson about weighing in the week (and I lost 2.5-3lbs at the tail end of last week, kept them off for 2 days and now they're back so maybe was a blip in the right direction for once for weigh in !!!) but I haven't let it put me off and am still eating sensibly so I'll be ok in the long run.

Sorry for rambling on (that is what this thread is about isn't it..............................???!). Hope you're having a good week everyone. Drink plenty.

Gail x

Dont be disheartened Gail, its one of the downsides of being a sneeky peeker as long as you keep to plan it will come off. As I am hermetically sealed to my scales I know that I drop weight about 5 days after weigh in and it will flicker during the proceeding time. Sometimes I wish I could stop doing it - but I cant :cool:

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my hair, its not really mine tho :eek: its chocolate cookie by L'Oreal (because I'm worth it :p)

Actually considering I haven't had a gain week at all since I started (had 1 very close shave !) I'm ok about it. A bit concerned, but ok. It used to put me off a bit (and then I might binge) but I know I haven't done anything wrong (except the pie that I had on Sunday (!) but was entirely planned and within my weekly syns !) so it will come back off and I'll keep going.

And the hair is most definitely yours. You just borrowed the colour !! (and you are worth it :))

Gail x

See, thats why I think I'm the only normal one around these parts, because my head is quite firmly on my neck :p :sign0151:

:p Pfffft - nobody likes a smartarse! :D Actually, I do, but that's not the point! :rotflmao:

Drink plenty.

Gail x

Yes mum! :D

Seriously though, I think we can all do this, provided we are forgiving with ourselves when minor lapses occur, but hop straight back on to plan before the rot sets in. I think we've all been there with the crash diets or going off whatever diet we've been on and then thinking what's the point and piling on pounds lost plus some more! I certainly have! I think the key is to be honest with ourselves and just keep on going! Christmas is going to be tough for some but there are plenty of suggestions out there for how to deal with it and stay within reasonable boundaries. I know from having been a Miniminer over this period last year, that lots of people disappeared after christmas, presumably having fallen off the wagon and finding it hard to re-commit afterwards. I don't want to lose any of our crew. All for one and one for all !! I'm having a Musketeer moment :rotflmao:

Back