Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Good question. I don't have an outfit in mind, just anything out of a regular shop instead of the "fat ladies" shop. Or better still, a charity shop. I always see nice things, but choice is limited in larger sizes :sigh:

Good luck to Smartie on your WI today :)

Oh definitely to this! I love 'thrifting' - charity shops - and have some gorgeous necklaces and scarves. I would LOVE to be able to have my choices of clothes, I would be incredibly stylish!

I know this is a bit vain, but clothes are a definite fantasy of mine in losing weight - I love having more and more choice, and I'm finding more and more things that I can wear in my wardrobe, it's just fab!

Why_D, I'm gonna have to check out what he was wearing now - you tease!!!! Hahahahaha.

Hope you're all having a terrific week, mine is going well so far, two days in and have been bang on target and trying to eat 'under' a little to make up for Thursday and Saturday. Am shooting for a STS this Sunday, but if I could have a teeny little loss would be absolutely delighted!!!! Am also really hoping for a STS on Boxing Day - and yes, I am going to weigh in through the holidays; will be painful though!

i'm not an outfit kinda guy, but i think that salsa outfit scott maslen wore the other week on strictly come dancing could have my name on it... :sign0151:

*rushes back from Youtube to report there was not a sequin in sight* :D

So far so good this week. Lots of soup, beans and fruit. I can't go to my work's night out this week so no temptation there. I want a good week ahead of Christmas as I am off for a fortnight and I am likely to graze at home :eek:

Okay, guys and gals, I need help choosing my office Christmas lunch tomorrow - does this sound fairly low calory?

Smoked salmon to start
Baked cod for main
No pudding - can't see anything remotely healthy
Coffee and warm mince pie as treat

I don't want to be all scrooge and bah humbug, but I have another do on Saturday, and then Christmas itself, so I don't especially want to overeat tomorrow. And a couple of glasses of wine - will be squiffy straight away, because I am not drinking at the moment!

The other options are a bean salad, shin of beef casserole, roast turkey and all the trimmings (for mains).

I'm having a great week so far, three days in and doing really well, so I'd like to not go overboard tomorrow.

Hope everyone's pre-Christmas week is going well...:)

That sounds like a good choice, Honey. Bean salad could be covered in oily vinagrette so the salmon sounds more SW friendly. Would the cod be in a sauce of some kind :confused: No idea about fish to be honest LOL but I am sure it is healthier than beef.

Enjoy your lunch :)

Well, yesterday was the first of my 2 meals out. I had gone for parma ham and melon as a starter, and the turkey dinner for mains, so that wasn't too bad, although the plate was swimming in thick gravy. There was a teeny sausage in bacon which I couldn't resist and a ball of stuffing, and I think the new potatoes had been roasted slightly but I counted the oil as my Hex.

Pudding was a lovely chocolate sponge with orange marmalade with custard and despite my good intentions I ended up eating the whole thing. I worked out I probably used about 34 syns, although that's only guess work.

Not too bad if I am good for the rest of the week, but I have our office do tomorrow and there is a slice of cheesecake with my name on it!

Well done Sparky. Sounds like you had a pretty good night all in. Good luck for yours Honey. I agree with your choices (although not sure about the 'no pudding' bit !!!)

Well, I have had my xmas night out. Mostly pretty good (but not all.....!)

I had:

Melon to start (left the champagne jelly)
Turkey, lots of veg, stuffing, one little sausage, cranberry sauce and a yorkshire pudding (I couldn't resist !) but no roast potatoes and not too much gravy
No alcohol

However, I had all my pudding and a little bit more......oops ! Oh well, I don't think I did too badly. Still some learning but hey ho, it's all part of my journey.

I'm not counting my syns for today (because I'm not sure I could) but will continue to try hard this week (which has been ok so far other than tonight).

And, I wore the new dress !! First time in a dress for ages. Generally felt good about it (better than I would have in anything else) but still felt VERY self conscious and still a bit fat. But I did it !

No more xmas do's to contend with so it's full speed ahead for xmas.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

P.S. Sausage - you continue to crack me up......!
P.P.S. Anyone heard from smartie ??

((I've not read previous posts so I'm not being ignorant if anyones said anything))

Just wanted to nip in quickly and say good luck for sunday everyone!
Yet again I'm not too optimistic but at the end of the day its my own fault! I really need to get my head sorted and commit to this 100%.
My Mum's coming up today from Sussex so that'll help I think as I tend to cook more SW friendly things when she's here... well i tend to make more effort cooking in general because OH isnt really bothered but she appreciates it more :D

So fingers crossed you all have wonderful losses to give you a boost over xmas with motivation!

Take care all
xXx

Oooh cheesecake sounds good Sparky!! Enjoy!

Well done Gail on wearing a frock in public :D I don't understand it myself as I don't own any trousers or jeans. In my mind girls wear dresses/skirts and boys wear erm...salsa costumes.

I don't know where Smartie is. She is a student so is probably studying in the library :rolleyes: or possibly passed-out in a puddle of snakebite somewhere.

I think you are fab, Emma. You have so much stress this week but you are sticking with it. Hope your OH is better now :)

Thank you sausage :) He's getting there mostly. He hasn't really seemed to have lost his appetite (last night he ate half a bloody lasagne meant for 4 people!) but he's still being sick occasionally :( Apparently on the bus to work this morning it made him sick (from the bumpyness i presume) so I don't know. We had a little tiff over text message earlier about him refusing to go to the doctors but I dont think it'll make much difference :(

But yes! I figure if I'm going to lose weight and keep it off I can't let anything make me go back to eating crap, otherwise whats the point?

(not that eating the SW way seems to be making much difference mind...)

Has he not been to the doctor since puking blood? At the end of the day, he is a big boy and you can only do your best to persuade him :sigh:

Yes, stuff happens, but SW keeps plodding on and we are healthier for it :)

Hi guys,

Stuck to food at Christmas do as planned - very good.

However, drunk my own body weight in white wine virtually - sigh. Have terrible hangover today, and am thinking that I blew it this week. Althought it was just booze, no extras, and I only had one meal in the afternoon, nothing else. Was a lot of fun though!!!

Sorry, am behind on reading people's posts and making sense of them today...I feel like....:yuk::ambulance::party0036:

my christmas do is meant to be tonight but with the snow as bad as it is, i'm not going. i really peeved about it as i needed it to get a decent catch up with people i've not seen in a while. now my problem is that i have NO food in the house! i've been clearing the freezer in time for my xmas shop and any food still left in there is raw and needs fully thawed before cooking and i've no decent veg in. so as it was going to be a flexi night i think i'm going to see if i can get something delivered. it's gonna be megga high syn wise and at this moment i dont care, but i know it'll mean a gain come sunday.

Hi guys,

Stuck to food at Christmas do as planned - very good.

However, drunk my own body weight in white wine virtually - sigh. Have terrible hangover today, and am thinking that I blew it this week. Althought it was just booze, no extras, and I only had one meal in the afternoon, nothing else. Was a lot of fun though!!!

Sorry, am behind on reading people's posts and making sense of them today...I feel like....:yuk::ambulance::party0036:

You only blew a day so get back on the saddle tomorrow :) Get well soon doll x

Why_D - sorry that you will not be meeting your friends tonight. Get a home delivered curry/chinese and enjoy it. There is another 364 days to make it up. You can't go without any food.

The weather is a pest - even when it is not bad! My poor daughter has been counting the days for months until a concert tonight. It was cancelled last night due to the "bad weather". What bad weather??? Poor baby :(

I got a set of silicone bakeware tonight and tried a SW quiche for the first time. Was yummy and no oil needed to grease the dish. I feel and eggy-pie addiction coming on :eating:

Oooh. Sounds delicious. I must try it sometime.

Why_d - sorry to hear about your party. Hope you managed to get some nice food though.

Honey - totally agree with sausage. It is only one day.

We are now having our first proper snow tonight. Which is a shame because I have to get up at 4.30am tomorrow to go to London for the day. Eeeeeek. Oh well, we now know what the rest of the country has been going through for the last few weeks.

See you sunday.

Gail x

I'm back :D Hope you have all been well? It took me ages to sign in here I had to wade through all the 'where's smartie' threads and plough through about 27,000 personal messages of concern :cool: Yeah honest - I am that popular :D

I don't know where Smartie is. She is a student so is probably studying in the library :rolleyes: or possibly passed-out in a puddle of snakebite somewhere.

I shall be passing out in a vat of something tomorrow hopefully :p I have just completed the assignment hand in week from hell:cry:4000 words on strategic IS development, 3000 on business intelligence strategies, 2000 on computer assisted learning, 2000 on software quality assurance, a presentation and a prototype that teaches children primary/secondary colours and the rainbow :eek: Can you tell I am trying to gather cyber sympathy, huns and brackets here? :D

Oh and I am another one who is sitting in the rather overcrowded STS corner - which was quite amazing considering what I have been eating this past week - I have been cunningly calling it brain food as a method to stop the SW detectors from realising that I have fallen off the wagon :cool: Back on it from tomorrow :D

Well, second Christmas do now firmly under my belt - literally!

Started well with the prawn cocktail and roast beef dinner. The white chocolate and pistachio cheesecake was gorgeous. It was someones birthday so then there was chocolate cake being offered... well, it would have been rude not to wouldn't it.

On the good side, I don't really drink, and was driving anyway, so no wine to contend with.

I've taken the two meals as flexi-syn days, so although I had what I wanted, my mind is saying I am still on plan, so the damage doesn't continue after the event, which is where the real problems can come.

4000 words on strategic IS development, 3000 on business intelligence strategies, 2000 on computer assisted learning, 2000 on software quality assurance, a presentation and a prototype that teaches children primary/secondary colours and the rainbow :eek:

*tuts very loudly* The youth of today :rolleyes: There is no excuse for missing WI.

Nice to see you getting into the spirit of things Sparky! All this talk of parties and nice food is making me hunger for party food. I am going to make a buffet tonight for dinner...a real retro one with things on sticks :D

My mini quiches are just out of the oven. First attempt and I am very pleased. Used my new silicone muffin trays and they just slid out. No need for oil. Same for the bombay bhajis - they didn't fall to bits for a change LOL :D

I have 0% yoghurt and harissa dip for the bhajis and some HM spicy plum chutney for the quiche.

It is all on plan! SW is the best! :woohoo:

Attachments

• DSCF3451.jpg
    DSCF3451.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 38
Back