Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Kitchen now finished and have decided I must get back on the wagon for the umpteenth time as everything just doesn't fit and I'm fed up with myself !!

So weighed in abc it's pants!! Got my week planned . So here goes the cold turkey week.....

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jenna88 said:
Good luck! You can do it, and we're all here if you need a boost :)

Ta Jenna!! I will need it - it's sooooo hard at the beginning

Kx

One day late for weigh in but very happy with a half pound gain. I went to an amazing wedding on Saturday evening and gave myself the night off. Indulged in a couple glasses of wine, mountains of hog roast and schnitzel followed by a divine pumpkin seed parfait (semi frozen icecream) although nearly had a major disaster when the new jeans ( same size and style as the pair I wear every day) proved extremely difficult to do up. This severely restricted not only my intake of food but air as well!

Need to come up with my next goal as the wedding is now out of the way. Ideas anyone? It has to be associated with what I will be wearing so I can visualize myself.

Christmas? Arrange a night out with friends for the start of December, so that it's not as far away...book a nice restaurant and have a real girls night out. For such an occasion you will obviously need a LBD and will have to look fab in it :)

I have Halloween at the minute as my goal to look nice in my costume but there are days when I still can't see any difference in my appearance, so frustrating!

Is anyone else worrying that they'll get to what they envision their final target to be and not be able to stop from switching the goal posts? Initially I wanted to be 10st but that was just what I thought I could get to and didn't seem like such a MASSIVE goal....then it was 9st 7, then I knew at 9st 7 that I wouldn't look how I wanted to at 9 so have moved it to 8st 7...I'm just worried that I'll eventually get there and still not see what I want to see? I feel like Carrie Bradshaw but in true Sex and the City style 'Will we ever truly be happy?'

Jenna88 said:
Christmas? Arrange a night out with friends for the start of December, so that it's not as far away...book a nice restaurant and have a real girls night out. For such an occasion you will obviously need a LBD and will have to look fab in it :)

I have Halloween at the minute as my goal to look nice in my costume but there are days when I still can't see any difference in my appearance, so frustrating!

Is anyone else worrying that they'll get to what they envision their final target to be and not be able to stop from switching the goal posts? Initially I wanted to be 10st but that was just what I thought I could get to and didn't seem like such a MASSIVE goal....then it was 9st 7, then I knew at 9st 7 that I wouldn't look how I wanted to at 9 so have moved it to 8st 7...I'm just worried that I'll eventually get there and still not see what I want to see? I feel like Carrie Bradshaw but in true Sex and the City style 'Will we ever truly be happy?'

I have also moved the goalposts Jenna. My target was 12 stone for the wedding. I am really happy with my losses but now feel that 10.5 st will be a healthier weight for me at 5ft 4. As with all things, it's about being sensible.

Jenna88 said:

I set myself mini goals - and I did eventually get to my goal weight and maintained - which was difficult!! Then I fell pregnant and have been struggling with my weight ever since!!

Managed to be good yesterday and so far today - one step at a time!!

Kx

Hello !!!

Well, I don't post here much now as I don't weigh on a Sunday and I am not doing slimming world, but I do still read and follow your progress!

6 weeks on judd and 7 lbs down. I was struggling with sw mojo so this change has obviously helped me. I still use sw principles for healthier eating though !!

Woodland girl said:
Hello !!!

Well, I don't post here much now as I don't weigh on a Sunday and I am not doing slimming world, but I do still read and follow your progress!

6 weeks on judd and 7 lbs down. I was struggling with sw mojo so this change has obviously helped me. I still use sw principles for healthier eating though !!

What's Judd? I thought it was a typo for Judo - lol

Kx

You can read about judd on here. I saw a horizon programme on it, alternate day fasting. One day 500 cal and then next around 2000. Most people do down days m, w, f and up days the next. Surprisingly easy and with health benefits. Not trying to lead you away from sw, it's just working well for me!
Have a great day
Tx

A friend of mine is trying that judd at the minute, granted she hasn't quite yet mastered the down days. I know for a fact I couldn't do it...it takes more willpower than I possess! Once I'm told I can't have something then I have to have it!

How's everyone's week? I've been good apart from the FOUR hi fi bars on Monday! Just hope my scales move down instead of up like they've shown me the past three days! Grrr!

Woodland girl said:
You can read about judd on here. I saw a horizon programme on it, alternate day fasting. One day 500 cal and then next around 2000. Most people do down days m, w, f and up days the next. Surprisingly easy and with health benefits. Not trying to lead you away from sw, it's just working well for me!
Have a great day
Tx

My parents are doing that I think

How's eveyone's week going?

I've struggled to get back on track after my gain last week but am hanging in there, just about. I have another two meals out before WI though so not expecting much this week.

The last of our visitors leave on Sunday so hopefully I'll get back into the exercise and lose those 4.5lbs to get to target.

M Louise H said:
How's eveyone's week going?

I've struggled to get back on track after my gain last week but am hanging in there, just about. I have another two meals out before WI though so not expecting much this week.

The last of our visitors leave on Sunday so hopefully I'll get back into the exercise and lose those 4.5lbs to get to target.

I'm struggling too. It seems that letting myself off the leash at the weekend has triggered the hungry monster in me. I also have another meal out today before weigh in and no matter how hard I try the choices must be worse than they look. Yesterday was Italian bean and pasta soup, followed by pasta, tomato and basil. Sounds fairly virtuous don't you think? The tomato sauce probably had masses of cream and oil in it. I skipped the dessert and only drank water so not much more I could have done. Came home to homemade Ribollita soup which was totally free.

My biggest problem is will power! Bought some mikado chocolate sticks for a friend who was staying and she left them behind. Wasn't that what I was hoping for? Bought OH some slices of apple kuchen yesterday, luckily he has taken them both to work today or I would have had those too.

How can a couple of slip ups, stall the weight loss so spectacularly?

Am I right in assuming that your target is 11? That is what I have set myself for Xmas. Kicking myself as we were neck and neck early in the summer and I have lost the plot a bit. Never mind, it's what I do next that counts. Let's help each other. How can I help you?

Hey ladies,
Sorry to hear you two aren't having the best week! Aim for a 100% the next two days and hopefully that will help :)
My week has been good, hoping that the figures on the scales will start to go down a bit from here to Sunday as at the mo it's a sts for me.
You're soooo close to target now, Louise :) Well done, you must feel amazing and Daisybell you will get there soon :) I'm loving Baz Luhrmann so remember ''the race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself'' :)

I completely understand.

When I started on minimins my target for this October was 9 and a half stone! I lost loadsa weight in my first year , then I fell off the wagon, got back on, fell off etc etc!!

It's so hard - and I wish I had more willpower as I'm heavier now!!!

We can do it!!!

Kx

My week just got worse. Father in law's tumour confirmed malignant and he's having a full larynx removal tomorrow. I'm afraid the wine was a necessity this evening. Worrying about a weight gain seems extremely trivial right now.

M Louise H said:
My week just got worse. Father in law's tumour confirmed malignant and he's having a full larynx removal tomorrow. I'm afraid the wine was a necessity this evening. Worrying about a weight gain seems extremely trivial right now.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. You are totally right that this puts things in perspective. Am thinking of you.

Back