Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

You have to train your stomach and mind to be satisfied with less. I would have a glass of cold water before eating my meal and slowly reduce the amount you put on your plate. If you normally have 6 new potatoes start giving yourself 5. Half a spoonful less of rice or mash. People don't like waste so will generally eat what is on their plate regardless of whether they are still actually hungry or not. If you put less on you can still clear your plate but without over eating. Hope this is helpful Daisybell x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I'm sure, if my mind was in the wrong place, I could eat the amount I did to get me to 15 stone. At the moment I am eating for eating's sake - all on plan but still too much. Plan for dinner tonight was grilled fish and salad. The salad was past its best so I just had the fish, small piece of cod but two full swordfish steaks. I can congratulate myself on something though - I cooked cod in batter and proper deep fried chips for OH and DD and didn't have a a single nibble.

Today's Actual: -

Breakdast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, Philly light HEA
Lunch: Mackerel, lettuce, 4 Ryvitas HEB
Dinner: Fish frenzy as above!
Snacks: Ham, banana, 0% yoghurt, Alpen Light 3 syns

Exercise: L2 D5 30 Day Shred + 30 mins on WiiFit

Oh trust me, I could EASILY eat what I ate pre SW...chips for lunch and a chinese for dinner would be no probs!

Green day
Breakfast
Shreddies and milk (A1 and B1)

Lunch
Fruit and a muller light

Snack
Apple
Advent calendar chocolate (2 syns)
A few grapes.
HEB2 of toast

Dinner
Pasta bake (passata, 70g pasta, cheese-A2, chilli, pepper, onion, mushroom, sweetcorn and 1 quorn burger-0.5 syns)

Already feeling guilty about having my HEB of toast because it wasn't part of a main meal. Does anyone else get that on a green day?

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I could EASILY eat what I ate pre SW...chips for lunch and a chinese for dinner would be no probs!

Green day
Breakfast
Shreddies and milk (A1 and B1)

Lunch
Fruit and a muller light

Snack
Apple
Advent calendar chocolate (2 syns)
A few grapes.
HEB2 of toast

Dinner
Pasta bake (passata, 70g pasta, cheese-A2, chilli, pepper, onion, mushroom, sweetcorn and 1 quorn burger-0.5 syns)

Already feeling guilty about having my HEB of toast because it wasn't part of a main meal. Does anyone else get that on a green day?

Toast is one of life's simple pleasures - no guilt necessary!

Why are you weighing pasta on a green day?

Well done avoiding temptation MLouise H. I had chips for the first time in ages last night - SW version and really enjoyed them. Was stuffed to the gills after egg, chips and beans. I love that I can still lose weight eating this sort of food.

Jenna88 - Re HEB. I have mine main or snack all the time although as a creature of habit my ryvita snack in the afternoon would be hard to give up which is why I tend to go red or green. I suppose planning in advance helps. How does everyone else use their HEs?

On plan again yesterday - just - and have worked out I used almost all my syns. The dark chocolate is gone now and I will not be replacing as I can't be trusted to eat it in moderation. Who says you can only manage one or two squares of 85% cocoa!

Plan for today (Green)

B'fast: fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: Vegetable Bento box (sushi)
Dinner: veg chilli, jacket potato and salad
Snacks: apple, banana, ryvita, Philly and jam, (HEA &B) iced coffee (HEA), options chocolate orange (1.5syns)

Exercise - Day one 30 day shred. Wish me luck! Will bite the bullet and get it over with before breakfast.

I have asked Santa for a Fitbit for Christmas. A couple of friends have them and swear by them. It might help me to up the exercise when in the UK as I will be more aware of what I am doing - or not, as the case may be!

Keep focused on the 5lb loss we are aiming for by Christmas. Each good day under the belt gets us closer!

I always weigh my pasta Louise, otherwise if gorge on it plus I'd so much other stuff in it that the bake was huge (and yum)!

Made me feel a better daisy, I think I get overly caught up on the sf snack rule and then when I have something different I feel I've failed. Silly!

What's a fit bit?

A Fitbit is an elaborate pedometer that measures activity level, calories burned, performance against targets, stair climbing etc. Seems a bit extravagant but as a reward for achieving my 4stone a worthy extravagance don't you think?

Have just finished Day one shred. How does the 30 day thing work? I did level one. Do I go onto level 2 or do level 1 again. Could be something I've lost in the translation (German DVD)

A Fitbit is an elaborate pedometer that measures activity level, calories burned, performance against targets, stair climbing etc. Seems a bit extravagant but as a reward for achieving my 4stone a worthy extravagance don't you think?

Have just finished Day one shred. How does the 30 day thing work? I did level one. Do I go onto level 2 or do level 1 again. Could be something I've lost in the translation (German DVD)

Do 10 days on level 1, 10 on level 2 and then 10 on level 3

Good luck - I LOVE it, well not so much level 2!!

Do 10 days on level 1, 10 on level 2 and then 10 on level 3

Good luck - I LOVE it, well not so much level 2!!

The same thing for 10 days? That gives me chance to improve. I find the star jumps and leg kicks difficult to maintain for long but find the floor exercises a doddle. Kettlebells has obviously helped but as I suspected I need cardio training.

So far so good today. Just enjoying a cold strawberry tea. Sounds disgusting but actually quite nice.

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, Philly light HEA
Lunch: Baked Potato, Cottage Cheese, Sweetcorn
Dinner: Cheese & Onion Pie with Cheese HEB + 3 syns, Baked Beans
Snacks: Banana, 0% yoghurts, Alpen Lights 6 syns

Exercise: None

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, Philly light HEA
Lunch: Baked Potato, Cottage Cheese, Sweetcorn
Dinner: Cheese & Onion Pie with Cheese HEB + 3 syns, Baked Beans
Snacks: Banana, 0% yoghurts, Alpen Lights 6 syns

Exercise: None

What's up on the exercise front? You're the one who is into the Shred!

What's up on the exercise front? You're the one who is into the Shred!

I did it yesterday Miss, honest :ashamed0005:

Backache and general ache from too many lunges yesterday...that and being pre-menstrual bone idle. Probably won't do any tomorrow either as I'm driving OH to Athens (8 hour round trip!).

I know, I need a serious :asskick:and to stop with the excuses!!

We'll have to buddy up for the shred Jenna!

No exercise today but am only just having chicken and salad after having breakfast 11 hours ago! Quite impressed I resisted the Ikea food section and McDonalds at the airport.

Great idea to buddy for the shred, M Louise H. Can I join?

Well done on the IKEA avoidance. Don't you find the smells the hardest thing to block out.

Cold weather is increasing my appetite and I am worried that even on plan I am going to struggle to lose 2 lbs this week. Dilemma?? Do I go for slow burn or cut back for the next couple of days to hit my mini target which will in turn keep me motivated. Decisions, decisions.

The three musketeers!

Hit that mini target daisy!!! I've spent 7syns on choc today and feeling a little guilty-need to keep reminding myself its part of the plan so I'm being daft!

No need to feel guilty, Jenna88. That's the whole point of SW approach.

Friends arrive later this morning so need to be über prepared food wise. I can already feel multiple Xmas market trips coming on and the gluhwein is a syn killer. Sugar and alcohol - lethal. Will buy a couple of cans of diet Lilt if I can track some down ( my favorite) then I can join in the fun.

Plan for today:

B'fast: fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: mulligatawny soup ( hubby prepared but under pain of death not to use butter)
Dinner : chicken fillets ( looking for recipe inspiration) leeks, celeriac, pumpkin, peppers ( roasted methinks) and a few new potatoes (HEB) stewed apple with strudel flavourings and quark and Philly mixed (HEA)
Snacks: apple, banana, options hot chocolate

Exercise

Kettlebells and 30 day shred as I missed yesterday.

The three musketeers!

Indeed :D

Yesterday's Actual:-

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, Philly Light HEA
Dinner: Chicken, salad + olive oil 1/2 HEB
Snack: 0% yoghurt, Alpen Light 1/2 HEB

Exercise: Resistance training - ie Ikea food section, McDonalds and a large Amaretto after a stressful day. 100% complete

Today's Plan: -
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, Philly Light HEA
Lunch: Chicken, salad + olive oil 1/2 HEB
Dinner: Scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms, ketchup 1 syn
Snacks: Fruit, Alpen Light 1/2 HEB

Exercise: L2 D6 30 Day Shred

Back