Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi guys, have downloaded iPhone app for this site, it's really good!! Hope that everyone is having a good week. Five days down, two to go. Wd love it if every single Sunday weigher had a loss!!

I've been drinking loads of water / fingers crossed that it's helped!

Honey x

Hi Honey,

I downloaded earlier this week - I love it. Good luck this week. Look forward to finding out.

Gail x

I got it for my Android too.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Am trying to up my water in take this week. Was also hoping to get some good workouts in this weekend. Unfortunately, had my flu jab yesterday and now feel terrible.

Good luck to everyone.

You do look terrific, Sarah! Sorry about the flu jab making you feel rubbish.

Come on all my lovely fellow Sunday weighers - am rooting for every single one of us to have a good loss tomorrow to report! I really look forward to finding out how everyone has done this week, lol.

Honey x

*wolf whistles at Sarah's new profile pic!*

You look fabulous!

Thanks Silly Sausage and Honey - you've made my night saying that. :thankyou:
It is a good photo (if I do say so myself) am usually not so photogenic - the fact it has been taken from a flattering angle helps!

I actually felt much better this morning and managed a good workout after all.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow

hmmm another STS for me. that burger must have done some damage as i've been under syns all week. that said, more and more people are commenting on my loses so even though it's not really showing on the scales these past weeks it's showing elsewhere

Hi my lovely Sunday weighers,

Am so so pleased this morning, I've lost 5 lbs (yay!!) which has taken me to a number of great milestones: I've lost 2 1/2 stones, I've achieved losing 10%. I am just so happy this morning, I could NOT believe the scales, so got on and off about five times to check. I think it was actually a little more weight lost, but I went for the more cautious figure.

I think the huge difference this week was that I drank so much water - I know it works, and I really tried to get my intake up to about 2 litres a day. I bought a new glass for work and took some sugar-free lemon squash in to have a very diluted drink. I think that it filled me up and meant I ate less automatically (even of fruit and healthy snacks). Plus I know from previous experience that water really does speed up weight loss beyond that. I just don't like doing it.

Why_D and Lynnt, a STS *is* disappointing, I know that from experience (and gains!), but you're doing so well overall. And I think you have to really be proud of yourself for posting in your weigh-in no matter what - that's the trick to long-term success, keep at it until you get the results you want, and keep posting here whether it's good or bad.

So next week, what am I going to do? I'm going to do three main things:
Track my food online (this really works)
Drink loads of water (this made a huge difference)
Start doing some exercise (this is the next weapon in my arsenal to get where I want to be)
Keep posting here through the week.

What are you going to do next week to get the results you want on 14 November?

Honey xx

Good morning Lynn and Why D :) A STS is not a move in the wrong direction. Your body will thank you for all the healthy things you ate this week!

Great non-scale victories there, Why_D! Still nobody has noticed my loss :sigh: but as Gail pointed out on another thread, I am still wearing the same old big clothes! lol

WELL DONE HONEY !!!! That's absolutely brilliant. I'm so pleased for you. Lovely posting and so positive.

Agree with honey about Why_d and lynnet - well done for posting. Why_d - I'm delighted that you're getting some positive comments about your weight loss - it really helps to motivate. That's fantastic. Keep at it and built on what you've achieved so far.

I lost 4lbs this week which I'm really pleased about. But actually feeling a bit low about last night. I went to a party and despite thinking about it all day to try to prevent me picking at food that I didn't really want and would rocket my syns up, I went ahead and did it anyway. It wasn't all bad in that some of the food available was SW friendly (baked spuds, baked beans) but 'grazing food' (ie a buffet where you stand near food and pick at it) is one of my weak points and I feel like I completely failed. I'm not worried that I'm going to fall off the rails - I was back on track as soon as I left the party, it's just that I've been so good and these occasions are going to happen again in the future so I have to learn to deal with them.

Anyway, today is a new day. Onwards and downwards. Like honey I know that I have to drink more so that's goal 1. goal 2 is to get out on my bike again (I also haven't started exercising yet but plan to) and goal 3 is to stick to plan even though I'm going out for lunch today !!!

Good luck Sunday weighers and thanks for all your support. It means a lot.

Gail x

Oh Honey! I am absolutely thrilled for you! Well done! :D

I am celebrating too this morning a 3 pound loss which takes me to 2 stone (in 12 weeks) This is what happens, kids, when you drink diet tonic water instead of wine during X Factor :rolleyes:

I could not find my original Wii Active disc this week so am trying a newer version which has a longer, 6 week challenge. This week I have been waterskiing, boxing and playing squash. I can't always get on the Wii so will be happy to complete it by Christmas and have been doing cross trainer on the "rest" days.

So my goals are:

Continue on the Wii Active Challenge
Dodge the wine
Try for 100% this week

Silly Sausage - the other thing that I have found about compliments and people noticing is that it depends what you do for a job. I have quite a senior job and there have been a couple of people that have said only after I mentioned what I have been doing that had said that they had noticed the difference but didn't know whether they should say anything (obviously they may have been lying but I don't think so !). I promise you it won't be long but you really must go and get some new clothes. At this stage it will make a HUGE difference. I have gone down at least 2 sizes on the bottom (heading for 3) and at least 1 size on the top, probably heading for 2 but I don't like wearing things too tight. Time for a wardrobe rearrangement I think..............!!

WELL DONE silly sausage (sorry, you and I are cross posting at the moment !)

Brilliant news. 2 stone is fantastic !!! And past your 10 % now I think ? Yippeeee !

Good luck for next week. Work hard and play hard :)

Gail x

Aaawww Gail, don't be so hard on yourself. SW is a lifestyle for life. Part of life is parties and buffets. You joined in and had some nice food then got right back on track. Sounds to me like you have done exactly the right thing! Congratulations on your fab loss!

I remember seeing a woman on a TV programme once who was trying to lose weight. Her buffet tip was to go to the loo, not wash your hands after the deed, then she was not tempted to pick up finger food. Oh good grief! That is just soooo wrong!!! :psiholog: I prefer Gail's sane version of enjoying a buffet!

Ha ha ha. lmao !

Online shopping is the way forward. I hate shopping too most of the time but you need to start wearing more fitted clothes and standing in front of the mirror. Once you really start to see the changes, I suspect that you won't mind as much.

Thanks for your comments. I was feeling quite down about it yesterday. I know it's not the end of the world and I am SO chuffed with how things are going, but I want to try and save my syns for the stuff that I consider to be worth it and to be in control and yesterday was one of my lessons to teach me that I still NOT in control (at least some of the time) :-(. But you are totally right - SW is my lifestyle for life so I have to learn to deal with it.

You are all great here !!! Thanks :)

some fantastic loses this week! don't worry Lynnt, we'll get there too! and a STS is good as far as i'm concerned. in the 14 weeks i've been doing this i've had quite a few STS's, 2 gains, but still had great loses overall so happy enough!

Silly Sausage - the other thing that I have found about compliments and people noticing is that it depends what you do for a job. I have quite a senior job and there have been a couple of people that have said only after I mentioned what I have been doing that had said that they had noticed the difference but didn't know whether they should say anything (obviously they may have been lying but I don't think so !). I promise you it won't be long but you really must go and get some new clothes.

totally agree! people wouldn't usually say to me as they'd not know how to approach it, but once one got the nerve.. lol

the clothes issue also makes a big difference!

Aaawww Gail, don't be so hard on yourself. SW is a lifestyle for life. Part of life is parties and buffets. You joined in and had some nice food then got right back on track. Sounds to me like you have done exactly the right thing! Congratulations on your fab loss!

I remember seeing a woman on a TV programme once who was trying to lose weight. Her buffet tip was to go to the loo, not wash your hands after the deed, then she was not tempted to pick up finger food. Oh good grief! That is just soooo wrong!!! :psiholog: I prefer Gail's sane version of enjoying a buffet!

totally agree! it's a lifestyle and if you sway off one one meal here and there then so be it. enjoy yourself, it's that thought that has allowed me to stick with SW for this long! and have no plans of leaving even if it means a STS for months to come

Back