Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Happy birthing day Sparky! :553:

Today is a unique and special day and not one to be worrying about syns. Have fun and be confident that tomorrow you will be back on plan. Chances are that any extra calories wont register until Monday anyway hehehe

Enjoy your evening out Sparky - be as good as you feel like being. Remember that SW isn't going anywhere so even if you are a little bit naughty, you can come straight back to it tomorrow. However, your daughter only has one 21st birthday and you don't want to spend the evening agonising about syns, and speaking as a mother, it's a special evening for you too!

I've been saintly so far today - just got to be good with my dinner and then it's weigh-in in the morning!

Hi there! You're the founder of this thread? Awwww, great to see you back!!!

I have been good all week so far, and need to lose 0.9kgs for my next award...but...

Today it's ny daughter's 21st and we are off to an all you can eat buffet, and have a lovely Thorntons chcoclate birthday cake to take with us!

I have never used a weekly syn allowance, but this week I have tried to keep them down a bit, and have only used 42 (ish - yesterday I was out for lunch and not 100% about what was in what I had, but I did make good choices and avoided the tiramisu and cheesecake!)

I know I have the syns to use today, but I will be disappointed if having that extra on the day before weigh-in is going to undo the good work I have done so far, even if only temporarily!

Here's hopng I stay strong in the face of unlimited food!!

Enjoy the night out! It's great to celebrate your daughter's 21st, what a terrific night.

Don't worry too much about going on/off diet. The way I think about it, this is going to be a lifetime commitment for me, and hopefully I will have *loads* of joyous occasions! I think the way to long-term success is to stick to healthy eating almost every day, and accept the occasional celebration with relish and enjoyment. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful night and a really good weigh-in tomorrow!!!

We went for an afternoon do because she was doing something with her mates in the evening.

I mostly had steamed rice, chicken, salad, and just a little chicken in black bean sauce, Bombay potato, and fresh fruit for dessert. Although I did have a decent slice of chocolate cake! Yum.

Fantastic Sparky. That sounds like you did brilliantly for a buffet (and I am pretty sure that I would have had the chocolate cake too !). Well done and hope you had a lovely day.

I had lunch out (is a long story). I thought it would be sandwiches (and I wasn't sure if it would be possible to take my own lunch so I didn't) but it wasn't.......................so for lunch today I had a meat and potato pie, a bag of prawn cocktail crisps and 2 penguin biscuits (ok, so I didn't have to have either of the penguins but I did !). Now feeling very hungry for some reason so I'm going to have a filling healthy syn free meal and hope that because I think I will be well within my syn limit if spread over the week that it won't cause too much damage. Not too worried about it though because I've been fine the rest of the week.

Well done again for today. Good luck for tomorrow. See you then !

Gail x

Thanks. The cake was always a given - we took it with us and it was a lively Thorntons one. I have stayed on track the rest of the day though. Had a syn free rice salad for tea, and will have an Alpen bar for supper.

I think you can feel hungry because although you feel like you've eaten a lot because you have gone over your syns etc it is not good filling food, so your brain thinks you have over eaten, but your tummy thinks otherwise!

It's bright and early on a Sunday morning here! Actually it's not at all bright really, it's grey skies and piddling down but it's warm!

Well, I weighed myself this morning *pause for trumpet fanfare* and I have no idea how I've done :rotflmao: As I said before, I really should have weighed myself when I restarted a few days ago. About a week ago I was dithering around the 169 mark and touched 170 which actually made my heart sink .... so if I work on those figures I've lost 1 or 2lbs in the last 4 days. Strangely enough though, I had to add a pound to my last recorded figure here, from when I tried to restart a few weeks ago.

So I'm going to draw a line and do an official restart this morning at 168lbs, but feeling that the last few days have gone well with me and my mojo reunited and it feels so goooood! *pauses to hum tune* ;) :p :D

Glad to see you had a good time at the birthday celebration Sparky, you were probably a hell of a lot better behaved than I would have been!

Good luck to all of you when your Sunday morning comes and sleep well til then :D

I lost 3.5 lbs this morning - I feel like bursting into tears, because that takes me to 3 stones lost, and over 40 pounds. I am so so so so pleased, couldn't begin to tell you how emotional I feel. I genuinely have a tear in my eye, which is kind of weird, lol.

Good luck to everyone else, will check in again later. Well done Ozziemoz, that sounds like a great start, good to be doing it now and not waiting till after the holidays!!

welcome back and good luck ozzie!

Honey that's a fantastic loss!!! just noticed we started at the same time! may need to check your food diary as these past few weeks it's been flying off ya! lol

i'm down 1lb this week. would have been nice has it been more but happy enough with that. it also brought me to the 21KG mark! so yay me!!

Well done Why D, that's a good loss - you're doing really really well, you should be really proud of yourself!

I seem to have got into a groove just now, because I think the difficult time will be from about mid December onwards - I have a motivational weight loss podcast which made such a good point:
- we can lose seven pounds between now and Christmas and maybe put a pound or two on
- we can stop now and put ON ten pounds to our current weight

So there could be as much as fifteen pounds difference by the way we treat these last few weeks before the holidays. I'm not explaining it well, but it really hit home with me, that the next month is really important for me!!

Well done Why D, that's a good loss - you're doing really really well, you should be really proud of yourself!

I seem to have got into a groove just now, because I think the difficult time will be from about mid December onwards - I have a motivational weight loss podcast which made such a good point:
- we can lose seven pounds between now and Christmas and maybe put a pound or two on
- we can stop now and put ON ten pounds to our current weight

So there could be as much as fifteen pounds difference by the way we treat these last few weeks before the holidays. I'm not explaining it well, but it really hit home with me, that the next month is really important for me!!

makes perfect sense! it all starts this week for me! 3 meals out!!! eek, lol

Good advice Honey - explained perfectly! What a great loss, and it's good to make it to the next milestone isn't it. :D

We all started around the same time!

I've lost 3.3 lbs this week, which brings me to 1 pound short of the 3 stone mark, so hopefully I will join you next week! I have made it (just) into the next BMI number at 34.9, although my signature has rounded it up to a dead 35. :D:D

I know it's not a good target in a way, but my goal is to weigh less than my husband - if I stay on track in the run up to Christmas, I should get there (plus he has a weakness for mince pies which I luckily don't share, so he'll probably make it easier by coming to meet me :p ;))

Congratulations Honey!!! :clap: That is a fanstastic result and has really cheered me up. Made up for you x

Ozziemoz - get on the scales missus, you are confusing me LOL Well done on your loss :)

Well done Why_D - you are getting into some really high numbers now. Your staying power during the not-so-good weeks has been an inspiration.

I stayed the same this week :( Ho-hum. That is the last time I set a mini-target as it jinxed me! Back to muddling along aimlessly from now on. I have better luck that way :D

Good advice Honey - explained perfectly! What a great loss, and it's good to make it to the next milestone isn't it. :D

We all started around the same time!

I've lost 3.3 lbs this week, which brings me to 1 pound short of the 3 stone mark, so hopefully I will join you next week! I have made it (just) into the next BMI number at 34.9, although my signature has rounded it up to a dead 35. :D:D

I know it's not a good target in a way, but my goal is to weigh less than my husband - if I stay on track in the run up to Christmas, I should get there (plus he has a weakness for mince pies which I luckily don't share, so he'll probably make it easier by coming to meet me :p ;))

Oh yay, well done, that's a great loss - and I love the mince pice idea, lol. I have such a weakness for them too, mmmmmmmm, *droooooooooool*

You're doing so well!

Congratulations Honey!!! :clap: That is a fanstastic result and has really cheered me up. Made up for you x

Ozziemoz - get on the scales missus, you are confusing me LOL Well done on your loss :)

Well done Why_D - you are getting into some really high numbers now. Your staying power during the not-so-good weeks has been an inspiration.

I stayed the same this week :( Ho-hum. That is the last time I set a mini-target as it jinxed me! Back to muddling along aimlessly from now on. I have better luck that way :D

Hi Silly Sausage - you would not believe how much I look forward to finding out how everyone on this thread has done. I think a STS is pretty good going - we all will have lots of them, I think they are a chance for our bodies to stabilise when we're losing weight, ready for the next big loss. You're doing so well, you go girl!!!!!

Goodness me, it's almost like our own proper club isn't it? I love this thread, it's small enough not to be overwhelming but with loads of lovely people that are on the same journey. And it's free!!!

Another lie in for me today :D

Ozzie - good start. I agree it would have been helpful to weigh at the beginning but hey ho, you didn't. And I understand why. I've done that before. So good luck on your new start with us. This is my favourite part of the site :)

Honey - :party0011::party0049: I am just SOOO pleased for you. You are doing amazingly well. I am just delighted. Well done.

Why_d - Well done. A 1lb is a loss and I know you had some difficult days this week. I am going to try your quorn recipe soon too ! Thanks. Good luck for this weeks eating out. I will keep my fingers crossed that where possible you will make good choices and that if the food is really delicious and special you will have what you want and enjoy it.

Sparky - Yay. That's brilliant. And I laughed so much at Silly Sausages' post about the mince pies :giggle: . And considering you went out yesterday as well. Fantastic.

Silly Sausage - Well done for STS. We all have weeks like that and I don't think you've had one for a while. So this week will be better I hope.

I lost another 3lbs this week. So I'm now only 2lbs off my 3 stone award and into the next stone down :). Feeling SOOOO much better and have a fridge full of lovely healthy food, just not much time to actually cook any of it..... !

Good luck for next week everyone and thanks for the support. I really look forward to checking in and finding out how everyone has got on.

Gail x

well done everyone!

And a confession from me. I now come here before I go to body optimise to put my weight in !!! See where my priorities lie..................:)

Congratulations on the losses and STS again this week guys, you lot are really motoring along at the moment :D

I had my first comment yesterday :cool: a neighbour commented that I looked 'different' I checked, and I hadnt spouted an additional head overnight - so I gleefully announced that I had lost four stone and had 15 inches of my hair cut off!. Her face was a picture, I'm still chuffed now, I was getting to the stage where I thought that nobody would notice :(

Good luck for the week ahead, the Sunday gang rulz :D

Hi lovely people. Just started sw last week and had my first weight in this morning - lost 3lbs :D
Wasn't sure that I had lost anything but knowing I have has cheered me right up.

Well done to everyone else too =]

Back