Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I've put on 1.75lbs this week, which, although absolutely not good, was actually a lot less than I thought I'd gained.
Started my new job on Monday which has totally messed up my routine and I've been buying bacon barms and lunch most days from the works canteen. So even though I've gained I'm actually quite pleased with that only being a small number :D

Nice one Emma. I know it is a small gain, but it will take a while for you to find your feet at your new job and get into a routine. Sometimes we should just take a gain on the chin, realise the reason and move on. Your attitute is great :)

Well done Sparky! May I ask why you weigh in kilos. Are you a young thing?

Evening peeps. I was in earlier but nosy teenage son was hanging around and he takes the mick so I moved on
Well done to the losers and the sts and even putting on a little can be blamed on the cold weather, somehow, lol

I've been having all bran for breakfast for the last week, love the stuff, but if I have too much it does affect the botty so keeping to a normal size measure with banana and or grapes.
I have to have hot water on it and a little milk, can't stand it dry

My loss is 2lb this week, 10lb in total

Well done to everyone. Love the attitude of us Sunday weighers! I had a sts but I just see it as it not being a gain. Had a bit of a hard week and know I didn't do as well as I could have.

Go us!

Well it looks like there were some good losses this week and some understandable sts and small gains - but best of all, we're all sticking with it and reporting in! I was particularly pleased to see your loss Why_d, after the upset of not having your chair for a while it must have been a real boost!

It's been unbearably hot here the last couple of days, 36c plus but there are big black clouds looming so some rain should cool us down for a bit - hopefully!

I had a red day yesterday which is highly unusual for me and I enjoyed it immensely, the only trouble is that I was very hungry in the night. I always seem to find that with red days - I'm not sure whether it's a genuine hunger or a psychological one. I ignored my rumbling tum though and went back to sleep - which I thought was remarkably strong willed. Having said that, I think had I had anything nice in the house I would have succumbed to temptation!

Hope everyone has a good day! :D

Hi everyone well done all for yesterday! Didn't have a chance to get on so checking in now! I had a Sts this week which I was happy about as had 2 work Xmas parties this week! Back on track now and hoping for a loss this week!! :) xx

Well done Lynn, Lou and HoneyB :party0011:

It is tricky to stay focussed when it is soooo bloody cold! :eek:

Lil' Lou - I am near you. What is it like here today?? :( The city has ground to a halt and we are expecting freezing fog. Even Greggs shut at noon lol. I am hating the school/work run. I should be home quaffing soup and keeping cozy :rolleyes:

Hope you are all keeping warm and safe and have started the week well. Also hoping our Gail is not lost somewhere.

*throws snowball at Moz*

Silly sausage it's been insane hasn't it! Luckily I'm off work just now and we for our food shopping in yesterday otherwise I would have cried! The OH couldn't make it to work so he's been pestering me all day! Haven't seen a bus go by since yesterday. It's like 28 days later, without the zombies.

I baked some cupcakes today for my soon to be brother in laws birthday (he turned 14 today) and I managed not to eat any! I'm so proud of myself. Usually when I bake I scoff some along the way.

Hello my lovelies!!! Emma, a small gain is nothing if you know *why* you gained - hopefully you'll have a really good week and a great result on Sunday!

Honey and LilLou, a STS is a real achievement at this time of year, and so is recording it - my downfall has always been avoiding 'bad' weeks, which lead to bad months and the end of the healthy eating. If I don't report in on a Sunday, please track me down and make me come here!!

Well done LynneT on your loss - that's terrific in December, go you!!

Anyone seen Gail? See, I am use to the Sunday weigh-in gang...:)

Hope everyone is having a good week and a big push. I figure this is the last week for me to realistically drop weight on Sunday, the next two weeks are going to be maintenance, and any extra losses will be a delightful bonus.

I was just waiting to make an entrance.........................

actually I was away. So didn't get to weigh in until this morning. However I have been following everyone's progress avidly on my phone ! Apologies for the very long posts. I have made about 20 posts in my head up til now so it's all coming out now !!!!

Honey - I am just so delighted at your continued progress. I can't tell you how pleased I am. Keep it up. And just to reassure you about some of the things that you have said recently, nothing that you say is 'silly'. We understand here and don't judge you on how much you do or don't weigh. We all have a problem with our weight. But the important thing is that you have grasped the nettle and are tackling it. Please keep writing down how good you feel about what you are doing and what you have achieved (this is my 'do as I say, not as I do' lesson because I should be doing this too) so that if/when you have those difficult days, it will help keep you focused about what you have gained, what you stand to gain and to keep you focused. I know that you can do it and will be with you every step of the way. ((((((hugs))))))

Ozzie, Sarah, Lil'lou, HoneyB - none of you seem surprised at your STS (ie there are good reasons !) so well done and fingers crossed for next week. Well done Lil'lou on avoiding the cake.

Sparky -fantastic attitude. The longer term goal is all that is important.

Sausage - Fantastic news on the 4lb (and all the other mini milestones!). Delighted all the effort that you put in paid off. Well done. Hope next week is as good.

Why_d - absolutely brilliant ! And you thought you would have a gain. Yippppeeeee ! And you have your chair back. Hopefully life is getting back to 'normal' (whatever that is for you :) )

Lynn - well done. Another loss. Slow and steady is perfect !

Emma - on the 2 occasions that I have managed to lose a significant amount of weight in the past, it all went to 'pot' when I had a complete change of lifestyle (change of job, move house, new area etc etc). It does take time to settle. So when you are ready, sit down and look at how things have changed so that you can work out where your new 'weak points' will be and how you will deal with them. Good luck with the new job and good luck for this week. And well done for still being here and posting.

So, on to my week. A STS for me. I am thrilled ! It's only the 3rd week since I started that I have STS (and haven't yet had a gain). I don't think I should have lost as much as I did last week (4lbs) because I didn't do anything significant so I think this is an 'even out' week. In addition (and the main reason that I am so pleased with a STS) I went out for a v large chinese in the middle of the week (where I should have said 'I want to have xxxxx' which fit with SW ish, instead of which I said, 'what do you want, we'll share !' - so a lesson learnt for me (again)) and I also had some slightly 'light fingers' over the weekend (not too awful but maybe a little more chocolate/crisps than I had intended......!). However also had some NSV's - choosing a healthy option when out for lunch (baked potato, baked beans, cheese (small portion) and salad - instead of the beef in mulled wine pie in shortcrust pastry with chips which I really wanted) and getting a new dress (which I'm not sure whether I'll wear yet) in a size 18 (from 24 at the start) for my xmas party. So I'm happy and continue to be motivated. I would like to have a loss this week - anything will do so I'll work hard and fingers crossed.

Hugs to all the sunday gang and thanks again for your support (and for staying to read all of this !!!!!).

Gail x

*throws snowball at Moz*

*throws croc at silly snag* :p Note I am being ever so aussie and calling you a snag :rotflmao: For the record I never really call sausages that as it sounds silly with an english accent :D

It's a beautiful morning here, if it stayed like this all day it would be perfect - trouble is I know it's going to warm up. If only I had some money I'd go to the shopping centres and revel in the air-conditioning, as it is, even going to the supermarket is a pleasure!

Gail said she was away for the weekend and would let us know her weight on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed for a good result or at the very least a report of a most excellent weekend. Whilst not denying that what we are all doing here is important, there is more to life than weightloss! :fingerscrossed:

It's a beautiful morning here, if it stayed like this all day it would be perfect - trouble is I know it's going to warm up. If only I had some money I'd go to the shopping centres and revel in the air-conditioning, as it is, even going to the supermarket is a pleasure!

Gail said she was away for the weekend and would let us know her weight on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed for a good result or at the very least a report of a most excellent weekend. Whilst not denying that what we are all doing here is important, there is more to life than weightloss! :fingerscrossed:

Cross posted with you (because of the length of time it took to write my post !!!). Weather here is -4 and dropping. It's flipping freezin ! Heating is on full. However I sympathise with wanting to go to the supermarket for the air-con because work is sometimes like that !!!

Snow isn't too bad here though (so it seems odd reading about people's disrupted lives, cancelled shopping etc etc), it's just icy. Shame because I luuuurve playing in the snow. I was hoping for a huge dump at the weekend and then for it all to be gone by Monday. If only :sigh: !

Gail x

Yayyy Gail - with a weekend away and a sts that's a great result! I was just pleased with my sts because I felt the 2lbs the week before was not like me... in some ways I think I deserved a loss, but I just wasn't going to gripe about it. Actually I always feel as if I deserve a loss, just for being me :rotflmao:

I've just been having a little ponder and I think I'll do a speedy soup week. I made it once before earlier in the year and really enjoyed it and have no idea why I never did it again. As much as the taste of it was the fact it was so easy to just defrost and heat up and the batch made loads!

Ha! I just went back to see when I made it and discovered a handy hint ... I had been wondering how I blitzed it last time as we only have a hand blender and it seems I froze it in lumpy portions and defrosted and blitzed it as necessary! Probably makes the soup vary in taste a bit each time too!

Actually I always feel as if I deserve a loss, just for being me :rotflmao:

If it was down to me, I'd give you a loss just for being you ! You, sausage and smartie (particularly, but with a helping hand from a number of others) have given me so many smiles over the last few weeks :D

Gail x

If it was down to me, I'd give you a loss just for being you ! You, sausage and smartie (particularly, but with a helping hand from a number of others) have given me so many smiles over the last few weeks :D

Gail x

You just have gravitated towards some fellow loonies! :p :D

* throws snowballs at everyone*

Just realised I have two three course Christmas dinners next week, so weigh in on the 19th will be interesting! And the following week is Boxing Day - eeeek!

:roofles: That'll be why you sts Gail *whispers senokot* :p

Congratulations to the losers and maintainers and commiserations to the gainers. I gained 1/2 this week, no rhyme nor reason to it, its just one of those things I spose :sigh: Ah well, another week, another weigh in :)

Too much information!!! :rotflmao:

Ha! I thought that when I read it but I had my grown up head on and didn't comment. I thought, don't lower the tone Moz - I should have known you would :rotflmao: :p

It's annoying when you get a sts or a small gain that just doesn't seem fair but I suppose you just march onwards and you should get the rewards for it next week. I had a sts and that is my plan for this week. I have decided I am going to have a very successful week. I'm testing the theory that if I see it in my mind then it will happen - incidentally I am also seeing myself winning the lottery :rotflmao: OK maybe I'm not taking that one too seriously :D

It's been bucketing down all night here but at least we have it better than in the South of Australia where there are mahoosive floods. It's not all sunshine here!

Hopefully with the rain it might be a bit cooler today and I can get some more housework done! My kitchen floor is quite disgusting and in need of mopping but it's been tooooooo hot the last few days to care!

Back