Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

So many people doing so well, this is great everyone.
Personally I'm down 2lb which I'm quite pleased about.
I watched the BBC show on YouTube last night and also found some very interesting info there. The calcium from dairy was one, the other was the benefit of soup. I had always thought that clear soups with chunks (such as minestrone) would be better than blended soups, but this show completely turned this on its head. It's going to be lots more blended soups for me I can tell you.

some fantastic results all round so well done peeps!

Emma stick with it, what Sparky said makes sense, eat more, try it for a few weeks at least and see how you fare..

I watched the BBC show on YouTube last night and also found some very interesting info there. The calcium from dairy was one, the other was the benefit of soup. I had always thought that clear soups with chunks (such as minestrone) would be better than blended soups, but this show completely turned this on its head. It's going to be lots more blended soups for me I can tell you.

i didnt watch the prog, but you may have just hit on something for me... 90% of the time i have soup for lunch, for me it's a good way to tide me over... at the start of my SW experience i was making quite a few blended soups... but i've kinda moved away from these and been making veg and barley broth more often as i'm thinking the barley is good for the kidneys with all the fluid i'm drinking, but my loss has slowed and i'd just put it down to the natural process of the diet slowing and my body getting used to it etc... maybe i should try some more blended soups again... i did buy i truck load of leeks today as they were reduced in tesco, lol

I have a lot of blended soups and they are definitely filling, glad I'm doing something right! Congrats to everyone on their losses :D

:eek: Mammoth post (Gail would be proud hehe) and I am pretty sure I have just worn of a layer of skin on my fingers. I hope I havent missed anyone out

Thanks for the warm up Smartie !!! Yes, I am very proud of you, although I have no idea how I got the reputation of 'talking'/ (writing) too much........

So as not to disappoint (smartie in particular !), here goes:

FANTASTIC well done to everyone here. I am so impressed with this weeks losses. In fact I'm feeling a bit left out (like a fish out of water) because I won't be weighing in until Tues am and have no idea how I'm doing because I'm not at home. Is very scary :eek: because I usually know during the week from the scales (my security blanket !!)

Honey and Sparky - I am so delighted for you both hitting major milestones. Brilliant that you're both back on track with losses so soon after xmas. And feeling so positive.

Why_d - I knew you were going to have a loss this week because I've been following your food diaries and knew you'd had a good week. So glad you have proved me right :). Well done.

Sarah - A BRILLIANT result particularly as you've been at this for a while so to see those kind of losses gives a real boost. I'm so pleased for you.

Sausage - Fantastic result this week. I am sure that we will be getting the bunnies out next week for the 3 stone. :D

JMo - Congrats. A great result.

To the newbies pink toaster, Lucy:D, Susienoz, The Missus - I am so pleased that you've all had good starts to this. It really helps. I hope you are all enjoying this and can get another good week under your belt. It really helps to motivate you to keep going. Looking forward to hearing about next week.

Emma - I know this week was disappointing but the great thing is that you're still here. Hopefully you will be able to make some changes and post back a loss for next week. Fingers crossed.

Smartie - look forward to hearing yours on Tuesday (I think). I will report on mine on Tuesday.

Well done Sunday weighers :party0038:. See you Tuesday.

Gail x

I've just done a quick tot up and it looks like the Sunday Weighers lost 35 and a half pounds-ish just this week alone. That's 2.5 stone! In a week! Gracious me! :eek: That's just brilliant isn't it. Hmmmm perhaps I should work out how many contributed to that, average it out and then I could claim I lost some too .... on average anyway :p Come on - I just want to make the maths work for me :rotflmao:

Fingers crossed for gail and smartie for good results!

I've been working on my resume (cv) today. Man I was clever in the olden days pre-daughter - now I've got porridge where my brains once were. My late great scottish mum would be proud though, as the porridge brings out my scottish roots .... "och aye the noo, hoots mon, donald, wheres yair troosers?" :p @ saucisse ridicule. *ducks quickly - quack!*

I've just done a quick tot up and it looks like the Sunday Weighers lost 35 and a half pounds-ish just this week alone. That's 2.5 stone! In a week! Gracious me! :eek: That's just brilliant isn't it. Hmmmm perhaps I should work out how many contributed to that, average it out and then I could claim I lost some too .... on average anyway :p Come on - I just want to make the maths work for me :rotflmao:

Fingers crossed for gail and smartie for good results!

I've been working on my resume (cv) today. Man I was clever in the olden days pre-daughter - now I've got porridge where my brains once were. My late great scottish mum would be proud though, as the porridge brings out my scottish roots .... "och aye the noo, hoots mon, donald, wheres yair troosers?" :p @ saucisse ridicule. *ducks quickly - quack!*

Lol - I'll try that accent today at work (I'm a Welsh gal living in Scotland)....let you know how it goes down :)

well done smschofield!

Well done smschofield. Great start !

I would suggest you take your running shoes to work with you :eek: :D

Ha ha ha ha :8855:. Let us know how you get on honey !

Gail x

So tempted to try Oz's fake Scottish accent at work today, maybe get a 'see you jimmy' wig, but resisted....

Great to see so many people here on this thread, can't wait to see everyone have a fantastic year.

I have a question - when you guys get to goal, do you think you will still weigh in every Sunday and log it here? That's my dream, to be honest, to get to a goal weight and maintain it for years, so I see myself here for *decades*, lol. There's a scary thought, huh? But I see myself weighing in on Sundays for a long time now...

I have a question - when you guys get to goal, do you think you will still weigh in every Sunday and log it here?

I think I will still be going to class in my zimmer frame :D The fact that so few people manage to maintain their weight loss - sort of scares me tbh. Not only do I see comments on here ie 'I lost X amount of stone before, but have put it back on so I am starting again' but also class members getting to target and disappearing only to return 3 months later having gained a stone or 2. My consultant says that she does see some target members that no longer attend and of those she reakons that about 75% have put some if not all the weight back on. Like I said, it does worry me :(

I really dont want to be the size I was ever again, but I guarantee that every person that has lost weight says that - but it still happens. :sigh: I wish I knew the answer .....

I think I will still be going to class in my zimmer frame :D The fact that so few people manage to maintain their weight loss - sort of scares me tbh. Not only do I see comments on here ie 'I lost X amount of stone before, but have put it back on so I am starting again' but also class members getting to target and disappearing only to return 3 months later having gained a stone or 2. My consultant says that she does see some target members that no longer attend and of those she reakons that about 75% have put some if not all the weight back on. Like I said, it does worry me :(

I really dont want to be the size I was ever again, but I guarantee that every person that has lost weight says that - but it still happens. :sigh: I wish I knew the answer .....

I know. It's a terrifying set of odds - 98% will put weight back on. BUT, I do honestly think we can all be in the 2%, but it takes commitment and all that. I thought about it a lot, and I think it's about making lifelong changes, not seeing it as a diet and then 'returning' to old eating habits. For me, this has to be it for the rest of my life.

I never got the hang of maintaining, and the weird thing is, all my life I've either been losing weight or putting weight on - I've never been stable for years at a weight I'm happy with.

Scary stuff - but I think I'm looking at a lifetime of weighing in; sorry guys....you're stuck with me...:D

You're quite right Honey :D It took me a while to realise that SW isnt really a diet, its just the way that people actually eat naturally, ie not having to think about it. One of my 'hurdles' is to actually forget that I am dieting, and just accept that this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life. And I think that only then can I say that I have finally beaten all of my food demons :)

Awwww, thanks for remembering Smartie. Good luck for yours too. I'll be watching for you.

I'm delighted to say that I've lost 3lbs. That takes me into the 13's for the first time in a long time :). I felt a bit anxious being away from home this weekend (and the scales) and having less control over what I eat (although my friends were fab at trying to accommodate me - aren't I lucky !) but I tried my best and used ALL my syns (but in control !). I'm now only 3lbs from 4 stone so would like to achieve that before the end of January if poss.

Thanks guys. Over to you smartie.........*fingers crossed*

Gail x

Back