Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done Lucy it is always a nice surprise when you don't expect it.

I lost 1lb this week which is what I expected. I am part of the slow losers club but hey ho!

OH is trying to put weight on which is annoying to live with as despite eating everything in sight this week he has only put on 1/4 of a pound!

Good luck to everyone else today.

morning guys

another 2lbs for me! it's a bit of a shocker (i say that every week) as i've lost every week for the last 6 weeks which is unheard of, plus it was a bad week food wise so more than happy!

We are going great guns this week - after 3 weeks of not doing very much, I made an effort to eat more this week and have been rewarded with a 5lb loss!

Only need 0.1 of a lg for my next award, but despite taking off my jewellery for weigh in, just couldn't make it!

Fabulous losses as again this week :D

Gail, I'm glad you had a fabby weekend, and yes you are quite right this is an important lesson on how you can loosen the diet strings once in a while and hop back on the diet train easily at the next station and continue merrily on. No matter what the scales say tomorrow, you know that you are in control :D I had a big gain over Christmas, and its all gone now, and then some :p first Christmas in many a year that I have been able to say that

Why-d :D well what can I say, apart from calling you Mr Consistant yet again :) And how great that you got another loss after your massive loss last week :D

Well done Lucy :D as you know your weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day/week so yesterday you were on a high fluctuation whilst today you are on a low one. I try and remember that when I dont get my 'reward' at weigh in. It will even out if you look at your monthly weight loss total- hope that makes sense :D

Congrats Jane - a pound in the right direction :D Gosh, it must be really hard living with someone who is actively trying to gain weight :eek:

Sparky :eek: 5lbs!!!! I havent lost that much since my second week, well done :D I did have to give a wry smile at the fact that you ate more this week and got that loss. I must admit that sometimes I dont think I eat enough - I have this week though :D [STRIKE]but not necessarily the right things :eek: [/STRIKE]

Last edited:
Thanks Blue*smartie

It is really hard living with someone trying to gain weight. We have been together 11 years and when we met I didn't have a weight problem (I was 10 stone) I think I naturally started to adopt some of his eating habits as before we met I would never eat late at night but he eats constantly after 9pm and it is things like crips, nuts & chocolate. He is 39 and I keep hoping that he will gain weight once he hits 40 as he has no idea how hard it is to struggle with weight and moans that he wishes he was heavier!

Its the other side of the diet coin I suppose. The concept is a bit alien to me ie someone trying to gain weight whilst all my life I have wanted to lose it. But I suppose its all about body image and how we all perceive ourselves at the end of the day :)

Wowee! Some great losses this week!

Well done Lucy, Why_D, JackJane and Sparky! :talk017:

I lost 3 lbs. Yaay me! The scales said 14.13.6 so technically I am in the next stone bracket, but officially I am not because I always round upwards. Will start limbering up the bunnies for next week for my 3.5 stone sticky and new bracket *fingers crossed*

JackJane - you must have a will of steel lol Is your OH veggie too or are you bothing eating the same meals in different proportions?

Hey everyone, huge well done!! Great results already, am so pleased for you all (Why_D, Silly Sausage, Sparky, Lucy, JackJane) - that's terrific!

I lost 1.5 lbs this week, and I'm really pleased. I've also had a strange week where just about EVERYONE has commented on my weight loss. It's really showing up in my face, and also I think all the intense walking is completely changing my body and very quickly. I definitely am aware of a significant weight loss in the last few weeks, so I suspect that maybe that's been a muscle shift as well, because since the start of 2011 I have lost a stone, but to be honest, it looks like I've lost a couple at least (in addition to the weight lost before Christmas).

Anyway, am pleased, especially as I didn't have a 'good' week. I went out for two big meals, I ate out all day on Tuesday and had chocolate and crisps on the train; but I did doggedly keep walking and am getting over 10,000 steps and an hour and a half of intense walking most days.

(((((((((((((((((((group hug)))))))))))))))))))))

I agree Homey - the scales only show half the story - we all aim for a number on the scales, but I wouldn't mind what the number was as long as I looked a certain size, if you know what I mean.

Hi all, well done on your losses! Sparky, 5 lb, that is truly something! And sillysausage, 3lb is amazing too, if it were me I'd call that the next stone bracket, you are very good for still rounding up! All the losses deserve a little cheer :)

I've stayed the same this week, I'm not that surprised as on other eating plans I've always ground to a halt at this time of the month, but I'm thinking next week I'll be back to a loss. I've been good with the syns this week although I don't think I'm eating enough superfree food for EE so my goal this week is to eat more fresh fruit and veg to make sure I'm doing it to the letter.
I managed the Wii twice this week (both times burning over 200 calories apparently) not the three I promised myself but it's a good start. I'm going to hop on there in a minute to get off to a good start this week.
I went out for a chinese last night and decided to do Flexisyns, so unlike normal today I feel not an ounce of guilt about it, and had a fruit-packed breakfast and am right back on track. Normally I'd fall off the wagon for the entire weekend and go and get doughnuts and pastries and think "sod it!" but I feel really in control so I'm very chuffed :)
So all in all, not a loss but I'm celebrating all your losses instead and still feel very positive about SW and the direction we're all headed in :)

Congratulation Honey on your scale and non-scale victories this week. Your body must be loving you for all the good things you are doing for it :D

SynCity - I would take your result as a win this week! To stay the same despite a night out and it being a certain week is something to be chuffed about! You are making great choices and also exercising. Well done! :clap:

WOWWWEEEEE. Some fantastic losses this week especially from those who've been at this a while ('oldies' ???).

Why_d I am so pleased that YET AGAIN you've had a loss despite maybe not being 100% on food. Hoping for another good week for you this week.

Sausage - I am so chuffed - into the 14's (almost) now. I do the same thing by rounding up so next week will be more celebrations and bunnies for you :)

Sparky - 5lbs at this stage is AMAZING. I am like Smartie and haven't had that kind of loss since very early on. Brilliant.

JackJane - Well done. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, what matters is that you are still here and still going down. Great.

Lucy - well done. And I agree with Smartie - mid week weights go up and down so ignore what happens during the week regardless (up or down). Sunday is what counts. Good luck for this week.

Syncity - STS is fine. I have had a few STS weeks since I started and it's ok. Usually I know why but occasionally I feel that it is a 'consolidation week' and your body shape changes even if your weight doesn't.

Honey - You are just sooooo consistent. I know how you feel - I have weeks like that too with the compliments because it must be sooooooo obvious and I'm sure you look and feel fantastic. I'm so pleased that you are feeling the results.

Speaking of which - Sausage - people must be starting to notice now ????? I found that people really started to notice at about 3-3.5 stone. Are you wearing any new size clothes yet ???? You cannot possibly still be wearing the same clothes. I only have one or 2 tops that I still wear from the beginning ( and they were pretty tight then and a bit too loose now !).

Looking forward to hearing from Sarah, Ozzie, JMo (anyone else ??) and will post mine (whatever it is - eeeeek !) tomorrow. I was 2lbs down from last week before I went away but still expecting a gain tomorrow (but sooo completely worth it !).

Gail x

Last edited:
Congrats Syn, you have a very positive outlook :D I beleive it is the people that can shrug off a sts or a gain and just carry on soildering on that ultimately get where they want to be. So well done on not letting anything get in the way of your positve attitude :)

Woohoo Sausage - I would have rounded that down to 14.13.5 and unleashed the bunnies :D I love the feeling of seeing a new number, not as much as I like the stickers tho, as I am a sticker addict :eek:

Yay Honey, another fabby loss - you are doing so well - your posts are so vibrant and positive (you are probably high on the endorphins :roofles::D) Well done on the walking, seeing such instant results must be a great incentive :D

Speaking of which - Sausage - people must be starting to notice now ????? I found that people really started to notice at about 3-3.5 stone. Are you wearing any new size clothes yet ???? You cannot possibly still be wearing the same clothes. I only have one or 2 tops that I still wear from the beginning ( and they were pretty tight then and a bit too loose now !).

Do bras and leggings count? :eek: I always wore baggy, clothes with elasticated waistbands anyway so, yes, I am still wearing big stuff. It is just looser. My teenage daughter uses the family's entire clothes budget :rolleyes: Will get new stuff for summer, brownie's honour.

*stern look* Sausage - bras and leggings count a bit but you need some new fitted clothes. Not skin tight because I wouldn't wear skin tight either (I might be lighter but I am still definitely no 'sylph' !) but clothes that properly fit you. You don't have to spend lots of money but just a couple of things.........????? For me ????

Whatever, I hope when you do get some new stuff that you feel amazing !

((((((big hugs)))))

Gail x

*joins Gail giving a stern look at Sausage - its ok though I have straightened my hair so I dont look like Medusa this morning, so you wont turn to stone :p*

I buy myself something at every milestone, as a reward to myself for doing so fabulously well. But, on the other hand it will be really nice to walk out the door one day in a whole new slim line look and just wallow in the compliments and suprized faces :D

1lb loss for me this week - Happy with this after staying the same for the past two weeks - Slowly but surely I'll get there eventually

oooops sorry Suzie. Forgot about you. Well done on a 1lb though. As you say, as long as it's going in the right direction that's what is important.

Gail x

Back