Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi Suzie - hope you get your 2lbs off next week and pass your halfway point :party0011:

Congratulations Smartie and Sum - one Papa Smurf off each :D Just imagine the little guy strapped to your tummy. You will both look much slinkier without him!

Well done Pinkie woman of steel :character00116:

I feel tons better after having a good day yesterday. News just in....I have collar bones! lol :D

So glad you are continuing to have a good week. I love the NSV. My feeling is that they are going to come hard and fast over the next few weeks as everyone else realises that you are looking so slinky :worthy:

I had a weird moment the other week where I was wondering what was digging in as I was nodding off in bed lying on my front. It was my hip bones :eek:

(Sorry I had to correct the spelling mistake when quoting you !). Another NSV. Yay. And you are ON FIRE !!! Well done on another loss today. That's brilliant.

Stayed the same this week which is not bad as I had so much wine last week.

Well done Susie - STS is a good result. Fingers crossed for this week.

I'm pleased with myself today! All afternoon there was a voice inside me shouting 'EAT CHOCOLATE! EAT CAKE! EAT ANYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON!' and I ignored it! 100% day today :D

I'm so impressed PinkToaster. I need to take a leaf out of your book..................................:ashamed0005:

I lost 1.5lbs aswell - Only 2lbs more and i'll be in my next stone bracket lol :D

You are doing brilliantly Sum. I am so pleased for you. Maybe next week for your next stone bracket or maybe 2 or 3 weeks. Whatever, it doesn't matter, you are getting there. :clap:

I'm not having a great week (I won't go into detail but it's on my thread and Jules thread if you want to drool !). I'm doing fine with my normal eating but I'm not doing very well at avoiding the temptations that are finding me and smacking me around the head. Almost certainly heading for another gain (although I need to smack myself round the head because I know that mid week weights mean nothing) but I will try my best for the rest of the week (other than Saturday night which is another gourmet night - oops !) and then accept my gain and get back to losing the weight that I will have put on. Ho hum. I may yet get my STS (net) for Feb after all......................................!

I may need to do my 'one day at a time' next week depending on how I feel after WI this week !!!

Gail x

SAUSAGE, WHERE ARE YOU ??????

Just checking up on you ! Hope you're still having a good week ?

Emma - what about you too ???? Hope you're ok.

Gail x

I've already posted this in NSV, but I feel it is my duty to share my good news with as many people as possible :D

Yes, its finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!!! After losing 4 stone 9.5lb someone has finally noticed that I have lost weight, she said 'Wow Smartie, you look so skinny' :D I am on cloud nine, as I was starting to think that no one was ever going to notice :woohoo:

I am now off to compose a news flash for the 10 o'clock news :p >>>>>>>>>

Wooohooo!!!! Well done Smartiebob!:king2: I am made up for you!

I know from my experience this week that you can get faceache from smiling like a loon after such a NSV, so take care :D

I was starting to wonder if my weightloss was really not noticable, or whether the problem lay with other people's eyesight.

Coooeee Gail! :wavey: I am still here and having a good week so far. A bit skint this week so trying not to buy food and instead using up what I have in. It is surprising what is lurking in cupboards and the freezer. How is your week going?

*beeps in* Sorry late checking in! :shock:

Last nights tea was a bit of a disaster, but not as bad as it could have been. We did NOT have take away which in itself is an achievement at the moment, but there also wasn’t anything veg wise on the plate either :( we had sausage sandwiches, and not even low fat sausages... ARGH! What is wrong with me lately?!?!

Well tonight I’m going to screw my head back on and try to re-focus. I’m going to do pork chops with lots of veg and a few small SW roast potatoes and a splosh of gravy.

If I have a loss again on Sunday it will truly be a miracle but I have a feeling last week and this will catch up with me.

Wooohooo!!!! Well done Smartiebob!:king2: I am made up for you!

I was starting to wonder if my weightloss was really not noticable, or whether the problem lay with other people's eyesight.

Thanks :D I have put a before pic on here now, and I had another look at it today to just check that she saw what I could. If that makes sense :confused: I am a very happy bunny :bunnydance:

Last nights tea was a bit of a disaster, but not as bad as it could have been. We did NOT have take away which in itself is an achievement at the moment, but there also wasn’t anything veg wise on the plate either :( we had sausage sandwiches, and not even low fat sausages... ARGH! What is wrong with me lately?!?!

Have you tried filling out an SAS log Emma? I cant remember if you are an online member or not, but I will email you a copy of it if you like

This thread explains what it is http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/196126-sas.html you never know it might help you identify some triggers as to why you cant keep to it 100%

Smartie - have people REALLY not noticed ???? That is incredible. I can see the difference hugely even just in your face and I haven't seen your body properly yet (!!!) *blushes at the unintended innuendo*. If that's really true, I am sooooo pleased for you. What a great feeling.

I get so many comments, I can't believe it. I had 2 comments today (from patients who hadn't seen me for 6 months) and another from a neighbour who hadn't seen me for ages and more yesterday. I wish I could transplant you into my world !

Anyway, well done. I am sure that will just be the beginning and you will get more and more and more until you feel on top of the world.

Gail x

Just had a little cheeky mid-week weigh in to see how I was going because I stayed the same last week and so far I have appeared to have lost 2lbs. I am working the next few days nightshifts so I know I am unable to have some wine which is what spoils my diet. I know I shouldn't have a look but I'm glad because it keeps me motivated. 2lbs off would be great for Sunday - fingers crossed

Smartie - have people REALLY not noticed ???? That is incredible. I can see the difference hugely even just in your face and I haven't seen your body properly yet (!!!) *blushes at the unintended innuendo*. If that's really true, I am sooooo pleased for you. What a great feeling.

I agree with you Gail - I'm always say that to Smartie too. I keep saying how can no one notice as you can see the difference. Anyways congrats on the comment Smartie bet you felt well pleased :D :bunnydance:

Ooohh susienoz that brillaint - Good luck for Sunday. I don't know how you can have a sneak peak lol i dread getting on my home scales (because they are so inaccurate incomaprion to SW scales) so I just weigh in in SW

Just to send everyone big hugs and good luck for Sunday.

I'm away this weekend again eating gourmet food (eeeeek !) so expecting another gain this week but I always knew this month would be difficult. I was hoping for a STS for Feb overall and so far I've still lost so that's good. After this weekend, things will be a bit better so fingers crossed.

I will be watching here during the day on Sunday but probably won't post til later on or Monday. I will post my weigh in on Monday sometime if I'm not rolling around somewhere in my original size 24 trousers by then !!!!!

Gail x

Think I'm gonna have a gain guys- just popped on the scales and up 2 pounds! Dunno what's happening- been super good this week! Stopped drinking as much and only been having ww wine which is 2.5 syns a glass! ( had one glass last night and was content) Pffft! Usually would have a bottle or 2 a week and spirits.

I'm pi**ed off.. Trying extra easy today but just in that mood I don't want to eat- had some frozen fruit and yog. Dunno what I'm doing wrong and will be a bit heart broken if I gain.

Just gonna be a fat bride me thinks
( sorry just feeling sorry for myself and annoyed!)

Lucy xxx

Hi Lucy,

What you're feeling is EXACTLY why you shouldn't weigh mid week. Because your weight will naturally fluctuate all week. I have to admit that I do weigh every day BUT I have learnt to ignore my mid week weights. I don't count anything (up or down) until my Sunday WI because even if you think you know what will happen, you don't and if you eat because you're down and haven't lost/gained and then it disappears as quickly as it came, you'll kick yourself. So either stop weighing (better) or learn to ignore.

DO NOT go off eating now. It will not help. Big hugs.

Gail x

P.S. I also have slower/less gain weeks when I've still been completely on plan but find those weeks, I tend to lose more inches. Weird but true !

Is there anything on plan that you really like ? Eg meringue, fruit and fromage frais, SW pizza ? Why not try something new today.

More hugs.

Gail x

Aww Lucy :( Sorry you're feeling crappy hun, I think it must be something in the water at the moment haha
Even if you have a gain just think its one small blip and you can pick yourself up afterwards and carry on in the right direction :) Now all I have to do is follow my own advice :D

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and am finally doing something about my lack of focus. I've made a post in my diary explaining in more depth and with my meal plan for today. I'm going to stick to it, because as someone posted in there if I'm cheating then i'm only cheating myself.
I want to lose this weight so that I can feel normal for once (heaven forbid), I want to be able to get married and not feel paranoid that everyones thinking how fat I am and wondering what my OH was thinking, I want to be able to get a wedding dress from somewhere that I dont have to order it specially, I dont want to be embarrassed about my clothes size. But most of all (and I'm realising this more and more recently) I want to lose weight so that I can get my PCOS under control so that I can become a Mummy. I'm 21, I'm young enough that it's not too late to make this change work, I dont want to wait another 5 years to do something about my weight and think it'll be fine, i'll do it tomorrow. It might take me that long to get my weight under control, but at least I'll be getting there and not stuck in this rut hopping up and down the same few pounds for months on end.
26 stone is my enemy, no matter what I've done so far I've not been able to get below it, so this is my first aim. I want to be below 26 stone to get the ball rolling, and when I get there I'm going to treat myself to a face pack :) (at least its not edible!)

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, at this point I am 100% expecting a gain, but I feel like my head is in the right place now that I can accept that and work harder to move beyond it.

Take care all xxxx

Heya Lucy I agree with Gail – you shouldn’t do a mid week weigh in as your weight fluctuates throughout the week. I would recommend you do have something more to eat as if you don’t eat enough your body goes into starvation and so you can put on weight that way. Good luck for Sunday :)

Emma that’s brilliant that you have your focus and motivation back! Good luck with your 100% week, you can do it :D

P.s. I’m the nearly same age as you too :pTurning 21 in May lol

Emma,

I'm so pleased that you feel so positive today. That's great. You know that we'll do what we can to help. So stuck to plan today, remember that tomorrow probably won't reflect today's efforts but your body will in the long term. Well done.

Gail x

In response to Sum, I know that if I try not to eat or don't use my syns I am more likely to go off plan. So I've learnt just to keep at it regardless of what I've done or what's coming up. So despite my gourmet evening tonight, I've been using sone syns anyway.

Gail x

P.S. I'm bored on a train hence my prolific posting !!

Gail your gourmet evening sounds amazing :drool:- Hope you have a nice time.

And i was wondering how many syns do you usually have in a day?

Back