Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well I lost my footing a little bit last night on the back of this blooming wagon, I didn't fall off completely though. I was just so so tired last night I couldn't bring myself to cook so we had a take away, not a major oopsie though as I had lots of salad with my donner meat and chips :eek:

Well, I discussed going to the class with my Boyf and he asked if I'd like him to go with me, which was nice. He's been following SW at home too, and he's done so well, he lost about 2-3 stone.

The only thing holding me back from going is the cost really. If I do go I'll buy the countdown, which is about £50 I think.

I just don't have the motivation anymore. Maybe I would if I went to class.

How lovely and supportive of him. He's a keeper!

It might be cheaper to buy a countdown, but paying weekly may be more affordable as you are not having to fork out a lump sum. I dunno.

Whatever you decide to do, you know the Sunday gang will be here shaking their pompoms and wishing you all the luck with your weight loss journey :)

How lovely and supportive of him. He's a keeper!

It might be cheaper to buy a countdown, but paying weekly may be more affordable as you are not having to fork out a lump sum. I dunno.

Whatever you decide to do, you know the Sunday gang will be here shaking their pompoms and wishing you all the luck with your weight loss journey :)
:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Well, I discussed going to the class with my Boyf and he asked if I'd like him to go with me, which was nice. He's been following SW at home too, and he's done so well, he lost about 2-3 stone.

The only thing holding me back from going is the cost really. If I do go I'll buy the countdown, which is about £50 I think.

I just don't have the motivation anymore. Maybe I would if I went to class.

You could try asking your GP to see if your PCT does the slimming world referral scheme, where you get vouchers instead of paying. Not too sure on all the ins and outs of it, but there are plenty of threads on here if you do a search

I couldnt do it without the class, I would love not to go and save £5 a week. But I know I would find it too easy to cheat, ie not weighing myself if I knew I had gained etc or just dismissing gains instead of dealing with them. I need the class to make myself accountable for what I have eaten, and my 'fear of the scales' does help to keep myself motivated throughout the week

Oh, and if you buy the 12 week countdown before the 12th March, you dont have to pay the £4.95 membership fee. So it works out at just under £50 for the 12 weeks.

Well I lost my footing a little bit last night on the back of this blooming wagon, I didn't fall off completely though.
It must have been the weather or something, I found it a bit shaky out there yesterday too :) I couldn't face my usual Weetabix breakfast and ended up being tempted by their free coffee and got a McD's breakfast sandwich on the way into work :break_diet:
Back on it with solid footing today though.

I'd love to get vouchers off my GP, but the thought of going and asking is a bit unnerving...

I'd probably rather do the countdown, because when I went to group before I would always have to take a £10 note out of the cashpoint. So in my head, once it's out of my bank it's spent. (I never carry cash lol.)

So I'd save twice as much. Plus it's nice to not have the hassle of remembering money!

And the group is LITERALLY 2 doors down from me. Seems silly not to!

Good luck with going back to group PinkToaster - I hope it helps you get your motivation back :)

I agree with what the others have said - I find that going to group helps me stay on track and motivated

Request to Sunday gang

Am a total fool so want to do it this time
Stupidly put on 1.5 this week and have so many bruises from falling off the wagon-again:sigh::break_diet::cry:

:break_diet:I put on 1.5 thats the only silly reason
never feel like eating before I go to work and then throughout the day never eat enough-so much else to think about-am a teacher-
and then so hungry tend to eat everything in sight!:sign0007:

Well there you go then, you answered your own problem:). Do you plan your meals and snacks? Could you have something in the staff room in the morning before work, with some snacks at break times?

I'm the same, I have to force myself to eat breakfast and I don't plan well for lunch.

Individual mini quiches, cereal bars as a healthy extra, crab sticks, yoghurts, fruit, cold pasta tuna salad ummmmm anyone else?

....babybels, beans, nuts, frozen fruit, soup, carrot cake, boiled egg....

I am not sure I understand the question to be honest. "Snacks that work?" Work in what way? So here is a boring answer: If you eat loads of superfrees in regular meals, you shouldn't need a lot of snacks. If you want snacks because you are just bored then that's a different matter. Often it is thirst. Sometimes we want a snack because we are hungry, but there is nothing wrong with feeling hungry.

For me, I need a decent breakfast every day or the day goes completely pear shaped. Got to fire up my engine in the morning.

I got a box of fennel and peppermint tea, by the way. It is actually very nice!

Do you make your own SW quiche or a bought one?
poor choice of words -that work-what I really meant I think was portable:(

Hope you don't mind I have weighed in a day early because I am nights tonight and won't be able to weigh at my normal time tomorrow morning. I am pleased to announce that I have lost 2 lbs this week. Hard to believe because food wise been brilliant but wine still being drunk too much. Hoping to not to drink any next week.

Good luck to you all

Whooohooo Susie! Congratulations on your loss and for passing your halfway point!! :bunnydance:

Morning Maizie :) If you have not tried SW quiche then you are in for a treat! There are two versions. The first is egg, cottage cheese and any veg ot meat you fancy. It is a pastryless pie. The sceond, I have not tried, has some kind of pasta in it. Loads of threads in the recipe section about quiche.

They are so versatile as you can use any random ingredients you have, are usually syn free/low syn, are a good way of having superfrees and can be eaten for breakfast lunch or dinner, hot or cold. I love them. My favourite is broccoli, sweetcorn and quorn bacon (synned).

Portable snacks - "don't leave home without a banana" are words to live by! I only take fruit to work so am not much help, but Smartie had loads of ideas. A food flask would be handy for long days and lunches. Planning is the key.

Back