Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I lost 1/2lbs this week but i consider that good because its also my * week (I usually gain 1/2lbs in my star week). I am hoping more comes off next week though :)

I'm back on track again this week, and feel fabulous. Putting three pounds on was the kick I needed, it really annoyed me. So I've gone back to basics, I'm tracking and walking. It's really interesting how off I was with my guesstimates, I had sort of switched to counting calories, if that makes sense, rather than checking SYNS.

Anyway, today I've had 10.5 syns, and I'm kind of pleased with the way it's gone. I feel good, and I am going to check in more often to this thread. I want to keep up!!!!

Yay, well done Honey. I have been known to get a bit complacent with the plan :eek: and sometimes a gain is just the kick up the bum required to regain focus and get your priorities right :)

WELL DONE Smartie and WELL DONE Sum. I knew you wouldn't let us down. You are both complete stars and I'm so pleased for you both. I'm a bit jealous of you Smartie with your s****y BMI of 28 :)

And Sum, yours is pretty close to dipping under 30. I will be sooooo excited when I get there, hope you will be too. Not long now........

Gail x

P.S. Well done Honey for having a good week and refocusing. I have complete confidence in you.

Well done Sum, that's fantastic - am really pleased!

Thanks Gail, I do feel more focused again. I guess I needed to adjust also to losing 4.5 stones. It is definitely 'odd', and also it's unnerving to be so public now - everyone seems to comment, and I feel a lot of pressure not to let people down, which is silly I guess.

I never really went off track, or stopped doing this, I just struggled in February with days out, weekends away, a very very sore hip, an evil co-worker, all the rest of it - much like everyone else I guess!

Anyway, I've had my healthy breakfast, and I've prepared a fabulous lunch. I MUST remember that a lot of it comes down to having 1/3 superfree food, drinking lots of water, and being prepared - then I feel better and it goes easier. When I'm stressed I'll just grab a ready-meal to take to work, which is usually low calorie, but isn't bulked up by vegetable and leaves me hungry and dissatisfied.

Good to know myself I guess, lol!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous March week - half way through-ish, loads of time to make a real difference on Sunday!

Congrats to Sum and Smartie!! 2/3 done - you are on the home straight now!

Did Gail say a roody word about Smartie's BMI?? I am seeing stars lol

Honey - you are an inspiration. Very positive. Good luck with the week ahead.

Anybody seen Sarah??

My girl is 16 today so we are going OUT for dinner. First time for me since starting SW. Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone for your kind words :D

Its good to hear your more focused Honey - Good Luck with your week, you can do it and do keep us updated as you said :D

Sausage Good luck, you can do it - I can't believe a) that your daughters 16 and b) that this is your first meal out since starting SW :eek:. You must have some serious will power :D

P.s. Wish your daughter a Happy Birthday :birthday: and stay away from cake.......:p lol

Aaawww thank you Sum :) x I can't believe she is 16 either :eek: I wasn't even a gymslip mum. I am just really old!!

The meal was lovely. I started off doing all the right things...downloaded the menu...made a healthy choice before going...but then hoovered up everyone elses food LOL

My good choice was goats cheese, walnut and apple salad with fizzy water to drink. The un-healthy extras were 2 pieces of garlic bread, a slice of pizza and a stuffed mushroom. Ooops! Then back home for cake and sweeties. Plus serious cake tomorrow with the rellies.

I will be tied to the cross-trainer sooking an ice cube for the rest of the week, honest :eek: I will be heartbroken if I lose my half century this week!

That doesnt sound too bad Sausage, and it was your daughter's sweet sixteenth :)

Bet you all had a fabby time, and you know already what to do for the rest of the week :D

Sounds like a nice birthday party, Silly Sausage - you must have been so proud of your daughter!

Thanks for the nice comments, folks, it means a lot.

So how is your week going? Mine is not bad at all - back on track with a vengeance, although I'm finding the overhauled slimming world site a little clunky to track my food diary on. But it's good to be accountable again. I get syns through my evening meal, because while I always make a big salad I do rely a lot on ready cooked meals from sainsburys. SO even though they're fairly low in calories (the be good to yourself range), they seem to be high in syns. So I often will take up 6-7 syns on that, and not much else. Ah well, it works for me. I don't have time to cook, I have about fifteen minutes preparation time for food. I do have salmon a lot (about twice a week) and just bake that with lemon and dill. I need to get more inspired about fast, non-fussy, syn-free food. That could be something I look into at the weekend!

I'm back to walking again, and the pain in my hip is a lot less. So that's good. I really hope to see a three pound loss on Sunday, but will settle for 1.5-2 lb. I'm a little bit worried that there will be another STS or gain, because it's the following week that my healthy lifestyle will show up, but I'll be prepared.

I think that one of the most important thing for me is reporting setbacks. I HATE saying I've gained, you know - there is a real urge for me to run away and pretend it's not happening until I can say I've lost again. I think I have a real perfectionist streak or something - I'm very all or nothing. I want a smooth downward trend without blips. Maybe it's very good to learn that it's not about being 'right', but about sticking at it no matter what? I dunno.

Anyway, it's seven in the morning, I'm eating a healthy breakfast and getting ready for the day - hope you're all having fun!

Oooh Sounds lovely Sausage

Well Done for be focused, sticking to plan and having such a good week Honey - I'm sure the weight will come off in this WI :D

Oooh and good luck with all your walking

Thank you Sum! I hope so, I want to get to the next big milestone SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly, lol. I know we can all do it!

Well done Sausage for your week. I know it maybe wasn't brilliant at the party but I think there are some 'exceptional times' and I think that was one of them. Well done for avoiding alcohol and crisps and I hope the rest of the week is going ok.

Honey - I also don't have much time to cook but when I do, I make stuff that has loads of superfree in and stick it in the freezer. Then when I don't have time, I just eat a person sized portion from there. It's quick, easy, plentiful (which I find 'ready meals' aren't) and yummy. I just can't face using so many syns for my food when I could use those on chocolate or crisps. I am so busy at the moment that I'm rarely in the house for more than 15 mins before 10-11pm so it really helps.

You are doing so well. Fingers crossed for Sunday. See you then :)

Gail x

Well done Sausage for your week. I know it maybe wasn't brilliant at the party but I think there are some 'exceptional times' and I think that was one of them. Well done for avoiding alcohol and crisps and I hope the rest of the week is going ok.

Honey - I also don't have much time to cook but when I do, I make stuff that has loads of superfree in and stick it in the freezer. Then when I don't have time, I just eat a person sized portion from there. It's quick, easy, plentiful (which I find 'ready meals' aren't) and yummy. I just can't face using so many syns for my food when I could use those on chocolate or crisps. I am so busy at the moment that I'm rarely in the house for more than 15 mins before 10-11pm so it really helps.

Gail x

You're right, I think I might have to really plan ahead and do this. I begrudge spending 7 syns on a ready meal when I know that I can have a nice 'free' one with a bit of effort. I think all I need to do is to sort out my tiny freezer and try to pre-make just a couple of meals at least, and see how it goes next week. Just something with lots of veg and a bit of tomato sauce - I'm not fussy! Maybe I'll make a chickpea curry or something this weekend and try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice, Gail! Week is going well-ish, and I so want to see a couple of pounds off on Sunday...:)

Gail x

looks like finding time to cook is the theme on this thread also, lol

tho tbh as i cook for one i usually have a freezer full of individual meal portions, lol in fact, i'm currently using 2 freezers, both of which are pretty full, i should have a think about using some of it up soon, lol

well done to all the people's post i have just read. Finding this fun and quite inspiring!!! still only on week 2 though, maybe thats why.
i am guessing this is where all the Sunday weigh-ins happen ... see you then

Cooo-eee Helen. Welcome to the thread!

Oh I have just been reminded I have a ready meal buried in the freezer. It's a Ross's spinach and ricotta cannelloni - only 3.5 syns and a quid in Iceland. Very creamy!

I had birthday cake last night then refused cake at work today so on balance a break even lol. Would be happy enough with a STS this weekend. No booze this weekend...will need eyes in the back of my head for my girl's sleepover party.

Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend and having a good one.

I'm not sure what action to take tomorrow. I know either way I will be having a free day until I go out, but then I don't know if I should just enjoy myself and not worry once I'm out, or try and stick to syns.

The problem is, the plan is pub, Indian, then pub again! So the Indian meal is going to take up most of my daily syns, which would mean only having one or two drinks. I don't often go to the pub so it would be nice to enjoy it, but I don't want to ruin my first week!

Sounds like a grand night out!

There are some damage limitation tweaks such as drinking spirits with long diet mixers, alternating with a soft drink, plain rice, checking the menu for any healthy curries (out big curry house chain here does a low fat curry).

But the most important thing is that you have a great time!! :D You will get back in the saddle on Sunday so don't feel bad about having fun.

:welcome2: Welcome Helen

And sounds good PinkToastie have lots of fun and Sausage is right you'll get right back on plan the next day so enjoy yourself :D. I am lucky that i'm only going to a Pub for my friends 21st Birthday Meal so hopefully won't do much damage lol all i need to resist is that pudding and maybe cake....

Back