Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

That's the nice thing about the Indian, at least there's no puds!

I prefer diet coke anyway, and the only alcohol I like is Malibu which is relatively low!
I've tried a veggie biryani and didn't like it (annoying as it's low syn) and I'm not keen on anything too hot!

When I went for an Indian meal earlier in the week I went for a chickpea curry and plain rice - mmmmmm, delicious! And hopefully not too syn-heavy.

Generally, avoid the creamy curries (korma, pasanda) and try to make healthy-ish choices. I dunno, I know I've got a long way to go, but I think I want to learn how to make healthy choices and if I don't, go for something I really want rather than go all out with everything. But it's good to enjoy life without being so deprived you then just eat everything in sight (or is that just me?!). Enjoy your meal!

I'm having a bad week! Started on Wednesday when I arrived at a 9am meeting to have cake thrust at me. It was one of those situations where it was hard to refuse without seeming churlish, so I had a piece... then went to another meeting to find my colleague had also bought a M&S Billionaire shortcake each... again, really awkward to say no... by mid afternoon I was in the kitchen helping myself to yet another peice of cake (which I never usually do) and then by the evening when I had to go to a retirement buffet I was so off plan I didn't care and spent the evening at the cheese straws etc etc etc.

Yesterday I was struggling and did give in to half a packet of chocolate at lunchtime, but overall probably did stay mjust within syns. Today, I just feel like eating, and I'm not hungry, I just want to eat! Aaargh... Although it is the start of my * week which means 1) I know I am going to gain regardless of what a week I;ve had, and 2) I think that's just making me crave rubbish.

Sorry to offload, but I haven't felt this rubbish or been this bad for ages.

I've had an extra Fibre Plus bar to what I should have had today... I think I'm going to bed before I do something really silly!

Too late!

Its ok Sparky - Just draw a line and move on as today is a new day on the diet - You can do it! :D

P.s. I haven't seen Moz on here in a while - Anyone heard from her?

I had a sneaky peak weigh in and another 1lb loss. The reason for this sneaky peak is cos I am entertaining tonite, albeit SW food (pizza using 2HEXA 2HEXB, chips, salad and profiteroles) but it is a late meal and I reckon it wont have the desired effect. Plus it is about to be TOTM- am I allowed to divulge this ? :)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm having a bad week! Started on Wednesday when I arrived at a 9am meeting to have cake thrust at me. It was one of those situations where it was hard to refuse without seeming churlish, so I had a piece... then went to another meeting to find my colleague had also bought a M&S Billionaire shortcake each... again, really awkward to say no... by mid afternoon I was in the kitchen helping myself to yet another peice of cake (which I never usually do) and then by the evening when I had to go to a retirement buffet I was so off plan I didn't care and spent the evening at the cheese straws etc etc etc.

Yesterday I was struggling and did give in to half a packet of chocolate at lunchtime, but overall probably did stay mjust within syns. Today, I just feel like eating, and I'm not hungry, I just want to eat! Aaargh... Although it is the start of my * week which means 1) I know I am going to gain regardless of what a week I;ve had, and 2) I think that's just making me crave rubbish.

Awwwwww, I know EXACTLY how you feel - I've done the same, gone 'off plan' out of politeness and then been so angry with myself, because it wasn't even a fun occasion like a meal out or a celebration.

Draw a line under it, you're doing brilliantly well. The key to all this is not to be perfect, but to keep at it no matter what. That's what matters, the big picture. Not about being 'perfect' every day, but by always coming back to the goals of healthy eating and good food choices so you get to your life time maintenance goal. And although we're all focused about the Sunday weigh-in, it's not just about the number on the scale for one moment, it's about the whole journey isn't it? (That's what I keep telling myself anyway!).

I had a sneaky peak weigh in and another 1lb loss. The reason for this sneaky peak is cos I am entertaining tonite, albeit SW food (pizza using 2HEXA 2HEXB, chips, salad and profiteroles) but it is a late meal and I reckon it wont have the desired effect. Plus it is about to be TOTM- am I allowed to divulge this ? :)

Kx

Well done, that's a really good loss! Are you taking that as your weigh in for this week? That's a good amount, you must be so pleased!

Honey39 said:
Well done, that's a really good loss! Are you taking that as your weigh in for this week? That's a good amount, you must be so pleased!

Thanks Honey. Not sure, I suppose it depends what the scales say tomorrow lol- can I chose?

Kx

Nope, you can't choose. Sorry. Either take today's weight and then weigh next Saturday or Sunday whichever you choose or take tomorrow's. It's up to you. But whatever happens tonight just stick to the plan and it all works itself out.

Good luck but have a lovely evening tonight.

Gail x

Too late!

Hi Sparky,

I know from your posts (and losses) that this is unusual for you. It happens. I know not very often for you (or me) but it does (and it did to me this week too). This isn't always an easy journey but you know from having been here like me for the last 6-7 months that it will work.

I also understand that situation where it just doesn't feel right to say no and yet you don't want to say yes. It's not a great situation to be in. So when you feel a bit better about yourself, have a think about what you will do next time. If you would do the same thing then just accept that it is/was the right decision for you at the time. If you would do something differently, think about how you might manage that in the face of the challenges/social etiquette that is appropriate to the situation.

So dust yourself off but don't beat yourself up. Be here on Sunday no matter what and we will support you through it. You have come WAAAAAAY too far to let one evening of excess eating stop you.

Big massive hugs from someone else who understands how you feel (at least some of it)

Gail x

P.s. I haven't seen Moz on here in a while - Anyone heard from her?

I was wondering that too. Hope she is ok. Moz - where are you ???

I'm hoping Sarah will be back soon as well. She is still around and I am thinking of her too.

Awwwwww, I know EXACTLY how you feel - I've done the same, gone 'off plan' out of politeness and then been so angry with myself, because it wasn't even a fun occasion like a meal out or a celebration.

Draw a line under it, you're doing brilliantly well. The key to all this is not to be perfect, but to keep at it no matter what. That's what matters, the big picture. Not about being 'perfect' every day, but by always coming back to the goals of healthy eating and good food choices so you get to your life time maintenance goal. And although we're all focused about the Sunday weigh-in, it's not just about the number on the scale for one moment, it's about the whole journey isn't it? (That's what I keep telling myself anyway!).

Well said Honey (as always). Wise words from a wise woman :)

See you all tomorrow.

Gail x

Thanks for all the wise words! I tend to have a very all or nothing attitude to everything, so I am either great at losing weight, or I'm wondering why I bother because I am obviously a piggie at heart at that will never change!

As it had been a bad week (I also did a chinese on Sunday, but that was planned and I was reasonably sensible but not totally on plan) so have been doing what I always say not to do - try and claw back what's been undone, then feeling bad/hungry/fed up/guilty I shouldn't be eating this that I end up falling off the wagon again.

So, today is just another day. No trying to make up for this week's misdemeanors (sp!). What's done is done, water under the bridge and all that. OK, so tomorrow isn't going to be good news, but in the long run I need to do what I need to do to stay on plan long term. So, this morning did start with my usual Saturday morning SW fry-up instead of thinking I need to eat melon!

Hi my lovely Sunday weighers - just to let you know I am still here and haven't fallen off the face of the earth!! I have missed you all and really shouldn't have left it this long to get back in touch.

Have just spent a good part of the last 30 mins reading through the last couple of weeks of posts and want to say a big well done to you all for continuing your journeys! Some amazing milestones, new stickys and lovely supportive posts - u really are an amazing bunch.

OK here it is my long overdue update. Am going to spill all get it over with as I am moving on - the line was drawn on Wednesday this week and I am getting my mojo back (whether it wants me or not).

So I have had a very up and down 3/4 weeks. Started with me starting on the pill after having my implant out and basically really didn't agree with me depression, headaches, and constant nausea - couldn't even manage to drink a cup of tea and ended up eating nothing much but bread the only thing that didn't make me feel ill. So stopped taking it and started to feel better by the second week upon which came down with stomach flu (what luck I have) again didn't eat much but managed a bit of dry toast every so often. So got on the scale after that second week and had a 2lb gain - not surprising and should have been able to quickly move on but that isn't what happened instead I fell off the wagon ate takeouts, chocolate and basically crap and put myself another 2lb on the following week - in a spiral was ashamed to post and didn't know what to do! Carried this on till Tuesday night and then realised how stupid I was being and decided I couldn't carry on like this I had come too far and all the hard work I had done wasn't going to be wiped out.

So posting today 4lb + (over 3 weeks) and will update you tomorrow morning (hopefully not another gain hope the second half of this week will outweight the first half) but whatever happens I am determined to post more regularly I have started a food diary again.

Oh dear, Sarah what a rotten time you've had. It sounds like you're back on track now though so just keep going. If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get back on as soon as possible. You'll do great.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow. I'm weighing in tomorrow as well. I'm a newbie to SW, but I love it already. It's forcing me to make good food choices. I've been on WW many times before (I'm a serial dieter), and somehow I always end up eating too many biscuits and drinking too much wine.

Fingers crossed for all the Sunday weighers.

Han

Nope, you can't choose. Sorry.

Aaaww go on! Let us choose a weigh in day. I would choose the day when I was 17 after a bad bout of tonsilitis. I was 8 stone 3 :D

Sarah - Lovely to see you back again. Promise never to feel ashamed to post cos that's silly. We are all pals here :) x

Hello and welcome Han! :clap:

I am hiding in my room from my girl's party. Broken the crisp ban but still on the March booze ban :D

Good luck for tomorrow everyone.

Last edited:
Hi my lovely Sunday weighers - just to let you know I am still here and haven't fallen off the face of the earth!! I have missed you all and really shouldn't have left it this long to get back in touch.

Have just spent a good part of the last 30 mins reading through the last couple of weeks of posts and want to say a big well done to you all for continuing your journeys! Some amazing milestones, new stickys and lovely supportive posts - u really are an amazing bunch.

OK here it is my long overdue update. Am going to spill all get it over with as I am moving on - the line was drawn on Wednesday this week and I am getting my mojo back (whether it wants me or not).

So I have had a very up and down 3/4 weeks. Started with me starting on the pill after having my implant out and basically really didn't agree with me depression, headaches, and constant nausea - couldn't even manage to drink a cup of tea and ended up eating nothing much but bread the only thing that didn't make me feel ill. So stopped taking it and started to feel better by the second week upon which came down with stomach flu (what luck I have) again didn't eat much but managed a bit of dry toast every so often. So got on the scale after that second week and had a 2lb gain - not surprising and should have been able to quickly move on but that isn't what happened instead I fell off the wagon ate takeouts, chocolate and basically crap and put myself another 2lb on the following week - in a spiral was ashamed to post and didn't know what to do! Carried this on till Tuesday night and then realised how stupid I was being and decided I couldn't carry on like this I had come too far and all the hard work I had done wasn't going to be wiped out.

So posting today 4lb + (over 3 weeks) and will update you tomorrow morning (hopefully not another gain hope the second half of this week will outweight the first half) but whatever happens I am determined to post more regularly I have started a food diary again.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome back!! We've been wondering where you were. Sorry you've had such a miserable time of it - 4 lbs gain is not much at all (I put on 3 lbs last Sunday). You've done so well, this is just one of life's blips which we all have. It's not about weight loss consistently, it's about keeping on with the healthy eating more often than not, and sticking at it despite setbacks.

*Fingers crossed* for tomorrow!

Back