Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

OMG!!!:eek: I've lost 4 1/2lbs this week - was not expecting that!! had a sneaky weigh in during the week and I'd only lost 1/2lb so I wasn't setting my hopes up. Got one more night to do and all I eat on nights is fruit so I'm thinking this is what has speeded things up at the end of the week - so here's to next week!!!!

Well done to all of you on your weight loss and Pinkie don't give up - if I can do it anyone can 'cos I don't have the best willpower in the world. Don't be so hard on yourself and you will get there in the end.

I had a 2lb loss this week on my roller-coaster progress.

I've tried to catch up with posts for this week and looks like amongst the losses there are some struggles going on this week, with lost mojos and some gains.
It is easy to get sucked into measuring our worth by the number of those scales, but our weigh-in should just be one indicator for this journey.
To Pinkie, don't worry about what the scales say for a couple of weeks but make sure you keep a diary and maybe then you can see where and when you can change your food choices. Don't think about what you're doing "wrong", look for small victories each day and focus on those.
But I think the best advice is to keep coming back here and take it one day at a time. This is such a supportive group, we won't judge and could never be considered to be a firing squad.

Back from work - Yay ! Hopefully no need to go in again. Fingers crossed.

Jeanette - you are making great progress and 2lb is a good loss. Fantastic

Susiepoos - top loss for this week :clap:

Sparky - you are back on form. I knew you would but it really knocks your confidence when you feel like you have lost control. I hope you are feeling much better now.

The Missus - I know that my weight varies through the week. I often gain mid week for no reason even if I've been on plan. So if you have stuck to plan this week and stick to plan from now on, you will see the results. And you have had such great losses so far, there is no reason that you won't continue to lose like that. Big hugs.

Emma - YAY. Fingers crossed for a good week this week. Hope that things are getting better at home too.

Susienoz - You are doing really well. Another loss is brilliant :)

Lucy - well done on getting back on track and keeping off the wine. It doesn't matter how fast you lose, you are losing.

Sausage - I am so proud of your no-alcohol March. That is a real achievement. These things happen. As I said to The Missus, my weight often varies during the week.I have been lucky that I haven't had one of the unexpected gains on WI day but I have no doubt that it will happen. So, pecker up and you will lose that next week. Hugs to you to0

Kwise - I don't know whether you still feel like you have lost your mojo but you have lost this week. That is an achievement. I hope you are starting to feel the differences because that is such a motivator.

Why_d - you are model for all of us to show that you can still eat out on SW and do well. STS is brilliant considering the week that you had.

Pink Toaster - I wish I could help. In some ways it's not easy and in other ways it is. I find that to just try and do one day on plan at a time helps. Even a week seems like a long time but a day is easier to manage. Big hugs for you and feel free to post here if we can help.

But this is a real weigh in! :eek: If it was a fantasy weigh in I wouldn't have put on 3 feckin pounds this week! :rotflmao:

I had to laugh at this. Sorry sausage !

I wish I could give you a big hug Pinkie xxx

You say in your post that "nothing worth having is easy". This is why I am so mad at myself this week because I believe it is easy. I think it all boils down to choosing healthy food that makes us feel good and choosing bad food that makes us feel bad. It is a no brainer if you think about it....so why all the bumps in the road?

You are young and should be carefree, wearing lovely clothes and bounding with energy and confidence. You seem like a lovely girl and you deserve the very best. Be good to yourself.

I hope you head clicks into gear while you are still young and have elastic skin and good muscle tone (unlike me) as that is half the battle.

Sorry about your ruined stew...I believe you have a couple lovely quorn peppered steaks in the bottom of the freezer. (I am not helping lol)

Great post. Lovely support.

And I laughed again at the last line (sorry, couldn't help myself !)

Gail x

Well done to everyone on your losses.

Sorry for the late post have had a busy day. Managed a 1.5lb loss this week. Not a huge loss but happy with that! Had a really good week where I started with mostly low syn days knowing I had my friends 30th birthday at the end of the week. Was mostly good except the wine fairies did get to me - thankfully I had saved up enough flexi syns to still get a little loss.

Need to motivate myself in to more exercise for next week!! Jillian will not be happy with the number of shredding days I have been achieving and hopefully next week I can make into the 12s x x

gl12282 said:
Kwise - I don't know whether you still feel like you have lost your mojo but you have lost this week. That is an achievement. I hope you are starting to feel the differences because that is such a motivator.

x

Thanks Gail- mojo back - not sure it ever went- more like eating out nerves - lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done to all of you on your losses! Sorry to be the party pooper here!!

I've decided not to go to class tomorrow. I will continue on plan, I seem to be fine on weekdays (probably because of the routine of work ect.) so maybe I should change my weigh in to Saturday mornings, then if I fall off the wagon I'll have 5 days to fix things.

Even if I don't have big losses, hopefully it will be in the right direction.

I love the way the Sunday thread starts off in Australia and moves with the sun round to Canada. It's cosmic, man lol

Well done Susie, JMo and Sarah on splendid losses :talk017:

I was shopping earlier and though I would buy a nice pud to have with dinner to compensate for my dodging snacks this week and to use up some syns. I got a M&S Count On Us spiced rhubarb yogurt. Wow! Not only is it lush, but it is syn free and veggie-friendly. Who knew?? :happy036:

Hope you are all looking forward to the new week ahead and have a great one :grouphugg:

Oh wow there so much to reply too lol forgive me if I miss you out :p

Moz: Well done on your 2lbs loss :D and Happy Birthday to your daughter

p.s. Sausage that is a brilliant picture lol

gl12282: Boo about having to go to work on a weekend and yays about your 1.5lbs off. And you’ll get that 5 stone soon no problem – Oooh your BMI is being mean by teasing you like that :whoopass: (to your BMI)

puttingontheritz: :welcome2:Welcome to this thread and :eek: Congrats on such a fabbie loss that’s absolutely amazing

Honey39: Woohoo Honey that is brilliant so don’t be disappointed :party0011: and congrats on all the compliments you are receiving – they are the best aren’t they?

Woodland girl: Well done on your STS as its not a gain and good luck with your exercising :D

why_d: Sounds like you had a good week so well done on your STS :D

Kwise1: Well Done and you’ll get your 1 stone sticker in no time :bunnydance: and oohh am jealous about all your new clothes :p

silly sausage: Its ok just repeat ‘I do not believe in fairies’ and that will kill those fat fairies off lol. If not we will help you get rid of them :D - as its natural to have days like that, we all get them. Good luck with your new notebook and Well done on your booze free march :bunnydance:

Lucy:D: Well Done on your 1lbs off

Susienoz: Well Done on your 1lb off

elb4160: Yays Well Done emma that’s brilliant :bunnydance:

TheMissus: It will defiantly come off next week especially since you’ve stuck to plan 100% :)

Sparky67: Yays Sparky for getting back on the wagon and losing 3lbs :party0011:

PinkToaster: Toastie *hugs* :hug99: Don’t think like that because you can get back on the wagon and you can get there – We’re here to support you in getting to your end goal so please don’t be too hard on yourself.

Susiepoos: Congrats on your brilliant 4.5lbs off that’s amazing especially since you weren’t expecting it :bunnydance: And Ohh only fruit at night? I might try that too then :D

JMo in Ontario: Well Done on your 2lbs loss

SarahJohnson: Well Done on your 1.5lb off as it is a good loss and Good luck with your shredding :D

Edit: Ooohh will have to look out for that then sausage

And toastie we are here to support you no matter what day you pick as your weigh in :) Whatever suits you

Last edited:
Pinkie - you know what is best for you. The main thing is that you are not giving up :D

You do realise we will just stalk you on the Saturday thread, so you may as well post your progress here and let us all know how you are getting on :) x

I will do, I promise. It's this thread and my boyfriend keeping me from giving up entirely, as well as the thought of getting heavier. :(
I feel bad, my boyfriend is so good at sticking to the plan, he only falls off the wagon when I do. And I know he wants to lose weight as much as I do, I feel like I'm holding him back.
I need to start exercising again I think. Not Jillian, but I do have the Pussycat Dolls DVD and Davina to try.

That's the spirit! Emerse yourself in the plan and find delicious new meals to try so you don't get bored. Exercise will lift your mood too so is an excellent idea :)

And if you need to vent, you know where to find us!

silly sausage said:
That's the spirit! Emerse yourself in the plan and find delicious new meals to try so you don't get bored. Exercise will lift your mood too so is an excellent idea :)

And if you need to vent, you know where to find us!

You are so right sausage- it's that that has given me a new lease for SW

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Silly sausage! You saved me loads of syns tonight!! Just spend 30 mins travelling in a very small car with friends who were chomping on maccie d chips. I didn't have any and just kept saying to myself a phrase you wrote... Bad food makes me feel bad, good food makes me feel good
:)
It worked, I didn't have any chips, came home and had a controlled yummy snack within my syns! Can go to bed feeling good. Thanks, think this new mantra will help me for a while!
Tracy x

Aaawww that's great! :D

I have a new mantra too, "I don't believe in fairies" It is under my name this week!

As Smurfy Sum says, I can't blame them for making me fat or drunk. I am mistress of my own destiny! Think that is what she was on about anyway :rolleyes: lol

Hahaha yeah thats exactly what i was trying to say Sausage obviously :rolleyes: :p and Yays to you Tracy for resisting the chips :bunnydance:

I wasn't going to post until everyone had done their weekly weigh in but i had to comment on this.

:eek: Honey what are you doing in Starbucks? Hope your making good choices as i can never do so in there lol :p

Hahaha - I have a treat on a Sunday and have a tall chai latte with skimmed milk. It's high in calories (about 175?) but not outlandishly so. It's my post-weigh in treat when I meet up with friends for my writing group. One change I've made over the last two months is that I only have a latte once a week - I used to buy a full fat latte on the way to work most days, which was so silly in terms of calories and money. Now it's a once-a-week treat, which I do like!!! I've never bought cakes at Starbucks, am far too mean, lol. x

And also - huge well done to everyone this week!! The numbers aren't important, what really really really matters is the accountability and turning up every Sunday morning (naked!) to weigh in and to log and to keep on trying. That's what counts, to keep at it. I've had gains and losses and STS, and some weeks suck, but I love the fact that 33 weeks later I see people on this thread STAYING here once they join. I think we might have the most consistent weighers inners on the boards!!! I look out for everyone on a Sunday morning, and it's amazing to see all of us plodding along with our journeys.

Basically, yay us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're marvellous!

Plodding along?? I'll have you know that last night I was go-go dancing!!! :banana dancer:

OMG I can feel it today LOL

Have a great week everyone! x :talk017:

It didn't happen unless you post pictures here...:D

Back