Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done Pinkie on maintaining :bunnydance: Even if you haven't lost, I reckon you will have been eating healthier on plan so it was not a wasted week.

Hey Woodland Girl! What is a "maxisyn?" Sounds very 1970s. Will be joining you in the garden today as the sun has finally arrived! Yaay! Once the dew goes, I will be giving the grass its first cut for some mega calorie burning.

Hope everyone is having a sunny day too :greenapple:

Maxisyn: eat as many syns as you can! Tee hee. Working it off in the garden today though, just come in to eat my cheese pineapple snack!! Yum yum

Woodland girl said:
Maxisyn: eat as many syns as you can! Tee hee. Working it off in the garden today though, just come in to eat my cheese pineapple snack!! Yum yum

I've followed this plan quite a few times! x

STS. I'm good at maintaining! Sigh. Maybe I should start exercising again, might give me that extra push.

STS is good - and exercising would be fab this week, especially in such glorious weather!

I can’t remember how I used to eat previously, it’s all a bit blurred in my head. I was thinking about what had changed in my life:

I used to eat loads of convenience foods (pizzas, cheese etc)
Now I eat lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, and a healthy meal

I used to eat lots of crisps, sweets and chocolate
Now I don’t eat any of that – I don’t eat these in moderation, especially crips, because I have no control

I used to skip breakfast or eat biscuits for breakfast, or a muffin
Now I always have a sensible, balanced easy to make breakfast

I used to eat treats at work (cakes etc)
Now I don’t eat any of them ever – it’s a jokey bet with my colleagues, but a great one

I used to drink wine every weekend
Now I don’t drink regularly, occasionally I will have a drink

I used to get takeaways/fish and chips regularly
Now that’s a special treat

I used to have one thing for my meal – a pizza, a ready meal etc
Now I have loads of things on my plate, lots of different bases and add ons, so I eat much more

I used to get up late and go to bed late (and go to work late – we have flexi-time) and eat in the evenings
Now I get up very very early, and go to bed early (and am not tempted to eat in the evenings)

I used to buy a full fat latte every morning
Now I don’t – and lattes taste disgusting to me now, I prefer americanos and the taste of the coffee. I have a skinny chai latte once a week when I meet my friends

Most of this isn’t an effort now, well none of it is really. It’s just what I do – that old adage of do something until it becomes a habit is really true. Do it enough times and it becomes your life, and it’s hard to remember doing something else. Odd isn’t it?

Hi everyone! Off home to do some wedding planning with the parentals so had a weigh today! Lost 1lb which takes me to 1st 4lbs.. hoping for a big loss next week so i can see the 17st markers! Just had a big bowl of pasta and pesto so feeling set for the day. Keeping my syns for a wee glass of wine tonight and maybe some crisps!

Have a fab time and good luck for tomorrow, see you monday!

xx

Honey39 said:
I can’t remember how I used to eat previously, it’s all a bit blurred in my head. I was thinking about what had changed in my life:

I used to eat loads of convenience foods (pizzas, cheese etc)
Now I eat lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, and a healthy meal

I used to eat lots of crisps, sweets and chocolate
Now I don’t eat any of that – I don’t eat these in moderation, especially crips, because I have no control

I used to skip breakfast or eat biscuits for breakfast, or a muffin
Now I always have a sensible, balanced easy to make breakfast

I used to eat treats at work (cakes etc)
Now I don’t eat any of them ever – it’s a jokey bet with my colleagues, but a great one

I used to drink wine every weekend
Now I don’t drink regularly, occasionally I will have a drink

I used to get takeaways/fish and chips regularly
Now that’s a special treat

I used to have one thing for my meal – a pizza, a ready meal etc
Now I have loads of things on my plate, lots of different bases and add ons, so I eat much more

I used to get up late and go to bed late (and go to work late – we have flexi-time) and eat in the evenings
Now I get up very very early, and go to bed early (and am not tempted to eat in the evenings)

I used to buy a full fat latte every morning
Now I don’t – and lattes taste disgusting to me now, I prefer americanos and the taste of the coffee. I have a skinny chai latte once a week when I meet my friends

Most of this isn’t an effort now, well none of it is really. It’s just what I do – that old adage of do something until it becomes a habit is really true. Do it enough times and it becomes your life, and it’s hard to remember doing something else. Odd isn’t it?

That's so nice to read :)

Ive only been following sw for 3 weeks and my outlook to food has changed dramatically already.

And you are absolutely right- do something long enough and it becomes a habit.

Well done. It's an inspirational post to anyone x

Hi all, sorry, this one is cut and pasted from my own diary thread, as it would take too long to retype and I wanted to tell all my friends on here what is going on in my head!

Oh dear, I have been thinking?! Well, this is a good thing I guess...! lol

Weighed myself this morning and I am now halfway (lost 1 stone 5 lbs and another 1 stone 5lbs to go) and I am officially a healthy BMI - not overweight anymore... whatever that means!

Great news, I am very pleased. :p

So, what am I thinking - that it is time to end my 'diet'. I need a change of thought. This is me now, this is my life, this is how I live. I eat this way because it is good, I exercise this way because it is good, I drink water and eat fruit, all good!

I have been getting myself in a bit of a tizzy, worrying about my weigh in day... 'what if I don't lose something on Sunday, what shall I eat the day before, should I run the day before ..?' etc. Silly silly me!

Being a Sunday weigher worked well for a time. Wonderful cheering on and support. But now, I am changing. Trying to find the new me.... not on a diet, not an official weigh in... I shall eat well, exercise well and weigh sometimes. I will record my losses and be delighted and come along and tell you - I shall cheer you along all the way (and should this not work I shall change things again and come back)

I need to learn to relax into it, but by staying in control and still on plan. I wonder if it will work! lol

Hope these ramblings make sense to someone!
Best wishes everyone!

Congrats on your healthy BMI Woodland Girl :bunnydance: Best wishes and good luck with your new regime. Please don't be a stranger :) x

Well done on your loss Lucy :clap:

Great post Honey. I will give my own changes some though and try to zero in on what is different. It is all a bit of a blur at the moment as I have had a bad week.

I've had a great week food wise...not even thought about eating bad stuff, not even been that hungry and haven't given it a second thought really as have been busy, but don't appear to have lost anything this week, unless there's a miracle on the scales tomorrow. Am confused :s

The misses, don't worry about it, have another great week, I think it can take a couple of weeks for things to show!

I had a relaxed weigh this morning cos I don't have to lose on a Sunday anymore and it's 1 lb off for me! Very pleased! My own bmi check on iPod is green now, I think the one on here is slightly higher cos my height is half an inch off! Lol will update stats later
Have a great day everyone !!

Weighed myself this morning and I am now halfway (lost 1 stone 5 lbs and another 1 stone 5lbs to go) and I am officially a healthy BMI - not overweight anymore... whatever that means!

So, what am I thinking - that it is time to end my 'diet'. I need a change of thought. This is me now, this is my life, this is how I live. I eat this way because it is good, I exercise this way because it is good, I drink water and eat fruit, all good!

I have been getting myself in a bit of a tizzy, worrying about my weigh in day... 'what if I don't lose something on Sunday, what shall I eat the day before, should I run the day before ..?' etc. Silly silly me!

Being a Sunday weigher worked well for a time. Wonderful cheering on and support. But now, I am changing. Trying to find the new me.... not on a diet, not an official weigh in... I shall eat well, exercise well and weigh sometimes. I will record my losses and be delighted and come along and tell you - I shall cheer you along all the way (and should this not work I shall change things again and come back)

I need to learn to relax into it, but by staying in control and still on plan. I wonder if it will work! lol

Best wishes everyone!

That makes a lot of sense to me. I think that it's hugely important to think about what losing weight and being healthy means to YOU and you alone, and adjusting the way you do it to fit you. For me it's slightly different, I need the structure of a weekly weigh in, but if that wasn't working for me I would definitely try something different in a heartbeat. It's all about what works for you, and as you say, this is about healthy eating and a healthy attitude towards food. I hate it too when I become obsessed about syns and weigh ins and all that.

Good luck and keep on posting with your progress! :)

I've had a great week food wise...not even thought about eating bad stuff, not even been that hungry and haven't given it a second thought really as have been busy, but don't appear to have lost anything this week, unless there's a miracle on the scales tomorrow. Am confused :s

Well, first of all, wait and see what the scales say when you weigh in properly - that's why I don't like sneaky peeking, too unreliable for me! ;)

Secondly, you've lost a huge amount of weight very quickly, which is fab! But there will be weeks when you don't lose as much or stay the same, and it doesn't seem right. That's actually fine, because it's your body catching up and getting used to losing so much weight. The trick is to keep at it regardless, and the next Sunday will show a big loss.

I know you're going to be just fine, you're doing brilliantly.

Well, it's week 36 for me, and I've lost a staggering....half a pound.

Sigh. I've been so good as well, and was hoping for a lot more. Never mind, I'll take it. All in the right direction, after all!

Honey39 said:

Sigh. I've been so good as well, and was hoping for a lot more. Never mind, I'll take it. All in the right direction, after all!

Big hug to you honey.

That's 1/2 a lb thats no longer hanging on any wobbly bits x

Morning all - a pound off for me.
Bearing in mind a 'sneaky peek in the week' took me up a pound and then only yesterday it went down 2lbs - so a 1 pound loss!!

3lbs to go to be a 10 stone something (summer goal)
6lbs to go to be a healthy BMI (birthday goal)
1 stone 3lbs to be 9 stone something (Xmas goal)
1 stone 9lbs to be at goal !! (2012 goal)

Woodland girl said:
Hi all, sorry, this one is cut and pasted from my own diary thread, as it would take too long to retype and I wanted to tell all my friends on here what is going on in my head!

Oh dear, I have been thinking?! Well, this is a good thing I guess...! lol

Best wishes everyone!

Best wishes with whatever you do - well done on your healthy BMI. Don't disappear off our radar though ;)

TheMissus said:

I had exactly that - a miracle- so you may too :fingerscrossed:

Honey39 said:

1/2 a pound is still 1/2 a bag of sugar - ie a lot and it all adds up- don't lose heart :)
I STS last week and had been 100% - so I know where you are coming from- but another good week and I am happier .

Kx
A beautiful day today - enjoy the weather ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Lucy, Woodland Girl and Honey on your loss.

Woodland Girl I agree that you need to find the right balance for. All the best and don't be a stranger.

Honey your posts are always so supportive and motivating you are amazing and 1/2 pound is still in the right direction. Look how far you have come both physically and more importantly mentally. Good for you!

OK 1lb off for me this week am happy with any loss as long as it is in the right direction. and 1lb off means....I get my 4 stone sticky!!! woop woop. This 4 stone marker seems to have been such a long time coming (between the 3 stone and 4 stone) but I have to keep reminding myself it isn't a sprint it is a marathon. As long as I there in the end that is all that matters.

Good luck to all the other Sunday Weighers - will pop in later cos am off out now x x

Hello everyone

I missed last week as I was in hopsital so haven't been on the plan for most of the last two weeks. I have still lost 0.5lb which gets me my stone sticker so I can't complain at that. I am all sorted now and feeling much better. I am off to Tenerife at the end of April and my new goal is to get under 12 stone before I go.
Good luck to everyone else today.

I put on 3 lbs this week and it shows. My excuses are a week off work so no structure, Sunday: mothers day and my birthday, Monday: tooth extraction, Tuesday: root canal treatment, Wed - Sat: Broken heart due to my son being away. They are only excuses though. Piggy comfort eating is the actual reason. I even failed in my kangaroo challenge as I haven't managed to unlock that level yet.

Back to work tomorrow and 3 meals a day at set times.

My challenge for the week is to be 100% every day. No fannying about!

Back