Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Kwise1 said:
Morning all - a pound off for me.
Bearing in mind a 'sneaky peek in the week' took me up a pound and then only yesterday it went down 2lbs - so a 1 pound loss!!

3lbs to go to be a 10 stone something (summer goal)
6lbs to go to be a healthy BMI (birthday goal)
1 stone 3lbs to be 9 stone something (Xmas goal)
1 stone 9lbs to be at goal !! (2012 goal)

Best wishes with whatever you do - well done on your healthy BMI. Don't disappear off our radar though ;)

I had exactly that - a miracle- so you may too :fingerscrossed:

1/2 a pound is still 1/2 a bag of sugar - ie a lot and it all adds up- don't lose heart :)
I STS last week and had been 100% - so I know where you are coming from- but another good week and I am happier .

Kx
A beautiful day today - enjoy the weather ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done :) only 3 more lbs until your summer target!!!!

SarahJohnson said:
Well done Lucy, Woodland Girl and Honey on your loss.

Woodland Girl I agree that you need to find the right balance for. All the best and don't be a stranger.

Honey your posts are always so supportive and motivating you are amazing and 1/2 pound is still in the right direction. Look how far you have come both physically and more importantly mentally. Good for you!

OK 1lb off for me this week am happy with any loss as long as it is in the right direction. and 1lb off means....I get my 4 stone sticky!!! woop woop. This 4 stone marker seems to have been such a long time coming (between the 3 stone and 4 stone) but I have to keep reminding myself it isn't a sprint it is a marathon. As long as I there in the end that is all that matters.

Good luck to all the other Sunday Weighers - will pop in later cos am off out now x x

4 stone sticky!!! That's brilliant news... Well done Hun.. Can't wait to be in your position!

JackJane said:
Hello everyone

I missed last week as I was in hopsital so haven't been on the plan for most of the last two weeks. I have still lost 0.5lb which gets me my stone sticker so I can't complain at that. I am all sorted now and feeling much better. I am off to Tenerife at the end of April and my new goal is to get under 12 stone before I go.
Good luck to everyone else today.

Congratulations JackJane. I've lost the same so know how feel!

silly sausage said:
I put on 3 lbs this week and it shows. My excuses are a week off work so no structure, Sunday: mothers day and my birthday, Monday: tooth extraction, Tuesday: root canal treatment, Wed - Sat: Broken heart due to my son being away. They are only excuses though. Piggy comfort eating is the actual reason. I even failed in my kangaroo challenge as I haven't managed to unlock that level yet.

Back to work tomorrow and 3 meals a day at set times.

My challenge for the week is to be 100% every day. No fannying about!

SS.. Chin up and here's to a fantastic week for you. Do not use emotions to determine what you eat. Think about what your body needs and whether it dies actually need feeding. All the best darling x

morning all, it's been a long time coming, but was to be expected, i gained 2lb this week. oh well

silly sausage said:
Awww thanks Roziee. The sun is shining and I feel fired up for a great week :)

Yes we will have a great week! Whenever you feel a little rubbish give me a shout :)

why_d said:
morning all, it's been a long time coming, but was to be expected, i gained 2lb this week. oh well

Morning.. Next week you will have lost it so do not be sad.. It's a beautiful day so go out and enjoy it!

Rozie

-2.5lb for me this week :D I'm so so happy with that :D
I've got my Mum coming up today to visit (she lives at the other end of the country) and she generally helps me stay on plan, plus she's bringing her Wii for added exercising! So next week I'm absolutely expecting another loss!

Yesterday my OH took some "before" pictures of me, and I have to say I am actually ashamed of them, so that has definitely added to my motivation :)

Morning all! Gail invited me over here to post, as I have changed my WI day to a Sunday (to counteract my normal Friday nights out - it gives me another 24 hours to get rid of it!!)

I have been on SW since last June and lost 54.5lbs so far. I'm a tortoise, not a hare, so my final target is based on 1lb a week losses.

I've read back a few pages and you seem right up my street, so I hope you'll have me!

Congrats to everyone on their losses this week! I've managed 2.5lbs this week, after a STS last week, so I'm really pleased with that!

Have a great Sunday everyone! :D

Got back from a week at my parent's yesterday morning and today's weigh in revealed... an sts (after 2 weeks). I am more than happy with this as I had a rather hellish week (I do love my family but everyone was under a LOT of stress so I didn't see much of my parents and they had NO veg in the house, the fruit was rotting and everyone was living on crisps and sweets... and I sort of joined in :/ for the first half of the week anyway, then I couldn't take it any more and went shopping >_<). Back on track now. Hoping for a loss next week :).
Well done everyone and good luck to those yet to weigh in.

Hello and welcome to Spanx! :welcome:

Well done on your cracking loss to date. Loving your big knickers lol I think our Sarah is on the lookout for a parachute :giggle:

Talking of Sarah - how did I miss your fabulous new 4st sticky?! Congratulations on your fantastic achievement! :bunnydance:

Why_D - nevermind. We are due a big loss. Let's both make it next week :D

Well done Emma and have great fun on the wii :party0049: <<< that's meant to be you hula hooping on the wii by the way.

Ritz - a vegless trip sounds awful. You did really well to save the week and I am sure you will do very well next Sunday :)

Well, first of all, wait and see what the scales say when you weigh in properly - that's why I don't like sneaky peeking, too unreliable for me! ;)

Secondly, you've lost a huge amount of weight very quickly, which is fab! But there will be weeks when you don't lose as much or stay the same, and it doesn't seem right. That's actually fine, because it's your body catching up and getting used to losing so much weight. The trick is to keep at it regardless, and the next Sunday will show a big loss.

I know you're going to be just fine, you're doing brilliantly.

Thank you for the advise. I must say am feeling a little demotivated but am not planning on giving up any time soon so I will need to try and learn to accept the smaller losses along with the big...it's just hard when it's not what you expected.

Bearing in mind a 'sneaky peek in the week' took me up a pound and then only yesterday it went down 2lbs - so a 1 pound loss!!

I would be ignoring the mid week peek and going for a straight 2lb loss, If Sunday is your official weigh in day then it should go week to week and not count the peeks as they could be wring due to fluctuation. :)

Good luck with that SS, you knew it was coming so it's good that you can accept it and look to next week positively.

Hopefully we'll both have a better week next week eh.

Great news Elb! Well done :D

I've read back a few pages and you seem right up my street, so I hope you'll have me!
Congrats to everyone on their losses this week! I've managed 2.5lbs this week, after a STS last week, so I'm really pleased with that!

Well done on your 2.5lbs and welcome to the Sunday weighers!

Back on track now. Hoping for a loss next week :)

Good luck for next week!

Please forgive my moaning self pity for a minute....

Argh! Do not understand why I've lost a pound. I know it's a loss and I'm at least grateful for that but after 2 off last week when I was expecting more...I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I seem to lose more when I eat more but I don't want to eat for the sake of it. I've been eating when hungry until sated but these last couple of weeks have been pretty demotivating for me as I've expected bigger losses. I'm not going to let it beat me and will be focused again this week...my problem is I don't know whether to carry on as I have this last fortnight or up my food intake a bit and see if that makes a difference...but then I don't understand how when I eat more I have bigger losses. Am very confused and pissed off!

Happily though I got my 3.5 stone sticker, silver linings and all that...

Well done on your losses everyone, big and small! Sausage this will be your week!

I am still here, thanks to those who checked, ambling along with you but just removed self imposed pressure!!
Off to see my friends new born lambs now!

Argh! Do not understand why I've lost a pound. I know it's a loss and I'm at least grateful for that but after 2 off last week when I was expecting more...I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I seem to lose more when I eat more but I don't want to eat for the sake of it. I've been eating when hungry until sated but these last couple of weeks have been pretty demotivating for me as I've expected bigger losses. I'm not going to let it beat me and will be focused again this week...my problem is I don't know whether to carry on as I have this last fortnight or up my food intake a bit and see if that makes a difference...but then I don't understand how when I eat more I have bigger losses. Am very confused and pissed off!

just looking at your losses and it looks as though your body is now needing time to adjust to your new weight. if you look at my stats i kinda plateaued around the same time, but stick with it. you'll stagnate for a while then have some massive losses again.

Thanks Why_d, think I'm just impatient to get it off now having wasted all of my 20's, don't want my 30's to go the same way! Thanks for the support, good to know it may just be a blip :)

Well done to all on their losses, this gorgeous weather really makes me want to be perfect in my endeavours!!:)

I've been very remiss this week and not visited the board - oh so many reasons, none of them excuses, I promise!! :D But I have kept on track more or less (huge traffic jam late at night on Thursday that resorted in me turning engine off and eating a mega bag of Jelly Beans I was taking for somebody else!! ) and I have managed to rid myself of a further 2 lbs!

My promise is to keep on board, keep my diary upto date and have me time each evening to pick up some tips and hints along the way!

Good luck for the week to everyone
x

Hi Missus

I don't feel very qualified to offer dietary advice this week (having eaten my bodyeight in doritos) but I have just had another look at your diary.

Perhaps it is not a case of how much you eat, but when you eat. Having a decent breakfast would start your engine and keep it firing all day. Could you manage something earlier in the day for your metabolism to get its teeth into? (Oi and I don't mean a glass of diet coke!) Just a thought.

As Mr Why_D rightly says, your body may be just adjusting. If you are still impatient, maybe you could shake things up a bit. Keep your metabolism on its toes by changing your healthy extras about. Maybe increase your wholefoods as they are easier for your body process - I know you cook fantastic meals from scratch and your recipe thread is fab - but that is at odds with the weird things with made up names that you just add water to. If I had a kitchen as beautiful as yours, I would want to be cooking all the time!

Well done on your new sticky! :bunnydance:

I'm not actually up in the mornings. I get up at 6am to do the school thing and then go back to bed as I'm up late at night working. So brunch for me is my first meal of the day, normally eaten within an hour or two of getting up, normally up around 10 and eat between 11 and 12. I am a little overly fond of mugshots so am trying to swap them out and alternate with poached eggs, which I really enjoy and since I've discovered and can recognise physical hunger, find they keep me full all afternoon.

Will look into shaking the HExB's up, maybe having some cereal instead of toast etc. Forgive my ignorance, but what are wholefoods?

Think I'm going to up my syns a bit this week and allow myself some chocolate :eek: *shock horror*, just fancy a penguin, lol.

Am feeling a bit better now any how, been painting and decorating all afternoon, which I weirdly enjoyed...actually felt good to be doing something even if I was a bit puffed, lol. Must be adrenalin or whatever it is you get from exercise...endorphins? Lol! Been that long since I moved :p

Thanks for the advice SS, all is much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Off home to do some wedding planning with the parentals so had a weigh today! Lost 1lb which takes me to 1st 4lbs.. hoping for a big loss next week so i can see the 17st markers! Just had a big bowl of pasta and pesto so feeling set for the day. Keeping my syns for a wee glass of wine tonight and maybe some crisps!

Have a fab time and good luck for tomorrow, see you monday!

xx

Well Done and good luck with the wedding planning :D

Hi all, sorry, this one is cut and pasted from my own diary thread, as it would take too long to retype and I wanted to tell all my friends on here what is going on in my head!

Oh dear, I have been thinking?! Well, this is a good thing I guess...! lol

Weighed myself this morning and I am now halfway (lost 1 stone 5 lbs and another 1 stone 5lbs to go) and I am officially a healthy BMI - not overweight anymore... whatever that means!

Great news, I am very pleased. :p

So, what am I thinking - that it is time to end my 'diet'. I need a change of thought. This is me now, this is my life, this is how I live. I eat this way because it is good, I exercise this way because it is good, I drink water and eat fruit, all good!

I have been getting myself in a bit of a tizzy, worrying about my weigh in day... 'what if I don't lose something on Sunday, what shall I eat the day before, should I run the day before ..?' etc. Silly silly me!

Being a Sunday weigher worked well for a time. Wonderful cheering on and support. But now, I am changing. Trying to find the new me.... not on a diet, not an official weigh in... I shall eat well, exercise well and weigh sometimes. I will record my losses and be delighted and come along and tell you - I shall cheer you along all the way (and should this not work I shall change things again and come back)

I need to learn to relax into it, but by staying in control and still on plan. I wonder if it will work! lol

Hope these ramblings make sense to someone!
Best wishes everyone!

That's brillaint Woodland Girl! Congrats on your healthy BMI and being half way through your journey:party0011:As the others have said don't be a stranger :D

Well, it's week 36 for me, and I've lost a staggering....half a pound.

Sigh. I've been so good as well, and was hoping for a lot more. Never mind, I'll take it. All in the right direction, after all!

Well Done, as you said it is 1/2lb in the right direction :D As the others have said its just your body adjusting. Keep at it and hopefully next week you'll get a bigger loss :)

3lbs to go to be a 10 stone something (summer goal)
6lbs to go to be a healthy BMI (birthday goal)
1 stone 3lbs to be 9 stone something (Xmas goal)
1 stone 9lbs to be at goal !! (2012 goal)

Kx
A beautiful day today - enjoy the weather ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Brilliant Kwise! You'll get to 10 stone and achieve you other mini goals in no time :D Seriously well done for doing so well!

Well done Lucy, Woodland Girl and Honey on your loss.

OK 1lb off for me this week am happy with any loss as long as it is in the right direction. and 1lb off means....I get my 4 stone sticky!!! woop woop. This 4 stone marker seems to have been such a long time coming (between the 3 stone and 4 stone) but I have to keep reminding myself it isn't a sprint it is a marathon. As long as I there in the end that is all that matters.

Good luck to all the other Sunday Weighers - will pop in later cos am off out now x x

Congrats on your 4stone sticker! :bunnydance:

Hello everyone

I missed last week as I was in hopsital so haven't been on the plan for most of the last two weeks. I have still lost 0.5lb which gets me my stone sticker so I can't complain at that. I am all sorted now and feeling much better. I am off to Tenerife at the end of April and my new goal is to get under 12 stone before I go.
Good luck to everyone else today.

Hope your feeling better. Well Done on your loss and achieving your stone sticker. Hope you have a good time in Tenerife :D

I put on 3 lbs this week and it shows. My excuses are a week off work so no structure, Sunday: mothers day and my birthday, Monday: tooth extraction, Tuesday: root canal treatment, Wed - Sat: Broken heart due to my son being away. They are only excuses though. Piggy comfort eating is the actual reason. I even failed in my kangaroo challenge as I haven't managed to unlock that level yet.

Back to work tomorrow and 3 meals a day at set times.

Sounds like you've had a hectic/awful week so dont let the gain get you down. You are doing so well and can definatly get that off next week. Good Luck with achieving your challenge :D

You're doing so well Why_d so you'll get that off in no time :D

I've got my Mum coming up today to visit (she lives at the other end of the country) and she generally helps me stay on plan, plus she's bringing her Wii for added exercising! So next week I'm absolutely expecting another loss!

Yesterday my OH took some "before" pictures of me, and I have to say I am actually ashamed of them, so that has definitely added to my motivation :)

Thats brillaint Emma! Well Done :party0011:

Morning all! Gail invited me over here to post, as I have changed my WI day to a Sunday (to counteract my normal Friday nights out - it gives me another 24 hours to get rid of it!!)

I have been on SW since last June and lost 54.5lbs so far. I'm a tortoise, not a hare, so my final target is based on 1lb a week losses.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :D

:welcome2: Well done on your weight loss so far - it's brilliant! Congrats on your 2.5lbs loss

Got back from a week at my parent's yesterday morning and today's weigh in revealed... an sts (after 2 weeks). I am more than happy with this as I had a rather hellish week (I do love my family but everyone was under a LOT of stress so I didn't see much of my parents and they had NO veg in the house, the fruit was rotting and everyone was living on crisps and sweets... and I sort of joined in :/ for the first half of the week anyway, then I couldn't take it any more and went shopping >_<). Back on track now. Hoping for a loss next week :).
Well done everyone and good luck to those yet to weigh in.

Well Done on your STS as it seems you've had such a hectic 2 weeks. Good Luck for next week

Thank you for the advise. I must say am feeling a little demotivated but am not planning on giving up any time soon so I will need to try and learn to accept the smaller losses along with the big...it's just hard when it's not what you expected.

TheMissus don't feel demotivated as its a pound in the right direction. Sometimes we all have such small losses but then in the end the small losses all equate to the weight coming off. So keep at it and hopefully the weight loss will speed up. Congrats on 3.5 sticker :D

Well done to all on their losses, this gorgeous weather really makes me want to be perfect in my endeavours!!:)

I've been very remiss this week and not visited the board - oh so many reasons, none of them excuses, I promise!! :D But I have kept on track more or less (huge traffic jam late at night on Thursday that resorted in me turning engine off and eating a mega bag of Jelly Beans I was taking for somebody else!! ) and I have managed to rid myself of a further 2 lbs!

My promise is to keep on board, keep my diary upto date and have me time each evening to pick up some tips and hints along the way!

Good luck for the week to everyone
x

The weather is lovely at the momemt! Ahh i love sun too :D Well Done on your 2 lbs loss! The traffic jam sounds awful though - so i hope you have a much better week this week

I think thats everyone so far. Roziee i couldn't see your WI post so sorry if i missed you out. Will comment later on when the others like Gail and JMO post their WI :D

Lucy - :0clapper: Great stuff. Keep it up - you have a huge incentive :)

Tracy - I am delighted for your milestone. As honey very eloquently said, you must do what is right for you. We are all different and respond to different things so I would support whatever it is that you need to do for you. You are still always welcome here :D

Honey - well done. Another loss. I know you want to lose faster than that but overall your losses are amazing. I suspect with all the walking that you are doing that your shape and body fat are changing pretty substantially which in the longer term will make you MUCH healthier and feel great. So well done again.

Kwise - Great stuff. Another lesson learnt about sneaky peaking - ignore it !!!! Love the mini goals :)

Sarah - :thankyouthankyou::thankyouthankyou: Wooooohoooo. What a star. Am very impressed on ALL fronts (still quaking at the thought of you doing a parachute jump :eek:)

JackJane - Am so pleased you are recovering. Well done on your loss. Pretty fantastic under the circumstances. Hope you recovery takes you back to full health as soon as possible. :)

Sausage - I am not a great fan of excuses, but actually yours are PRETTY GOOD. Anyone would have put on under the circumstances (I'm sure I would have done). So sorry to hear about the kangaroo challenge too (although I have NO idea what you are talking about ;)). So hopefully no reasons to be off track this week. Look forward to hearing about your loss this coming week.

Roziee - Well done on another half. I know it's early days but I had a few slow weeks in the early days. Keep it up.

Why_d - You have been so consistent this year that a few ups and downs are expected (from memory you haven't had very many this year). I have confidence in you that you will turn that round next week.

Emma - I am so pleased for you. As I posted on your thread, taking pictures is a great commitment to what you are doing here because I know that must have been difficult for you (particularly as life is not easy at the moment). Hope this week is another good week for you :)

Spanx - :clap::worthy: Welcome to Sunday weighers. There are a few crazy people here (I can't tell you who they are but it won't take long to figure it out ;)) but they are lovely, crazy rather than scary, crazy !! I'm delighted for you at a great loss this week. See you here same time next week (or in the early hours on your thread or mine in between then :eek:)

puttinontheritz - STS is great after a bad week. Think what things would have been like before you started SW ! And you should be proud for turning things round mid week and doing something about the choice of food available. Fingers crossed for this week. Hugs.

Hello and welcome to Spanx! :welcome:

Well done on your cracking loss to date. Loving your big knickers lol I think our Sarah is on the lookout for a parachute :giggle:

Ha ha ha ha. Spanx, have you spotted any of the 'crazy people' here yet............................................:rolleyes:

Thanks Why_d, think I'm just impatient to get it off now having wasted all of my 20's, don't want my 30's to go the same way! Thanks for the support, good to know it may just be a blip :)

You won't - you are here ! Great result. Another loss. Another lesson on the sneaky peeking !! You will have weeks which are slower than others. Some of your losses have been incredible. I have accepted that it took a long time for me to get where I was, so it will take a long time to get away from that. Also, as much as we are impatient to lose, our bodies will thank us for reasonably paced losses. So keep it up. You have done brilliantly. Delighted at your new shiny too. 4 stone next - YAY !

Dizzydawnie - Wooohoo. A loss despite the jelly beans ! Lesson (although I'm guessing that it won't happen very often ;)) is to leave food for others in the boot if you are travelling :) Good luck for this week :D

I lost 2.5lb this week. Which takes me past 5 stone :D. I am extremely happy with that. I now have 1 more WI and another 5 days to lose as much as possible before the inevitable gain that will come with a weekend of gourmet eating. So I will do my best to do that and ideally not lose my 5 stone shiny in the process (but if I do, I will get it back sooner or later !).

Great results everyone. Good to see us all here posting away :). Sorry for the extremely long post (again......) !

Have a lovely (warm) week :)

Gail x

Back