Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I had a GTT when pregnant - the stuff they make you drink tastes like warm lime jelly before its set!!

Roziee said:
A glucose tolerance test?.. Okay i will. I wanted to get my thyroid checked too so ill book an appointment and speak to the doctor :) yeah diabetic is prevalent in alot of people in my family, being over weight obviously doesn't help which is another reason why i want to get rid of it.. X

Yes that's it. It's the only diagnostic test for Diabetes. Just incase it hampers your healing hun?
Are you changing your own dressings ?

I would change it for you if you were local ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
Yes that's it. It's the only diagnostic test for Diabetes. Just incase it hampers your healing hun?
Are you changing your own dressings ?

Kx

Aww to have my own nurse- how lovely would that be!!! Xx

Ok, so we all know who to call on now!!! lol

Roziee said:
Yeah definately,, she's been a God send x

Awwwwwwwwww :thankyou: so much

Kx

Welcome back Sparky :) Glad to see you have come back and not undone all the good work you did, we all have had lapses over the years for whatever reasons, but you have had the good sense and guts to hop back onto the wagon before you undid all the good work you had already done. I bet a fair few people in their time have lost a lot and then put it all back on plus some! So go you and a big wooooop for being back with us! :D

Kwise, if you are being the sunday weighers thread nurse, you do realise that you will have to commute to Cairns to look after me if I need it? :eek: :D

Well, Sunday morning has dawned here and I stepped on the scales with some trepidation as I haven't been accountable for a few weeks now! I hoped to undo any damage by being good for the last 4 or 5 days .... and it would seem to have worked, as my weight is the same as it was the last time I weighed properly on a Sunday, I'm still at 168lbs.

I knew I hadn't binged at any point, some days I would hardly eat at all, other days I just ate at meal times but wasn't careful about what I ate, so I guess what with that and being an angel this week, it all panned out quite nicely! Now I just have to hope that the weight starts to shift!

I have set myself a mini target of just 6lbs, when I get down to 162lbs, I'm going to reset my ticker back to where it was when I originally started the plan, as at that point I will be making real progress again, after really stalling for the last 12 months, not due to lack of effort, I might add!

Good luck to everyone for your Sunday morning! I'm off to track down a strange beep that I can hear every so often, that is driving me insane(r)!;) :p :D

Lost 2lbs this week!!

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet this week. Am so pleased because - although I've been off work for a week and a half - I've lost a pound and a half, making a grand total of 78 lbs gone for good!! That's me also slipped past the five and a half stones lost mark. yay!!!!!!

OzzieMoz said:
Welcome back Sparky :) Glad to see you have come back and not undone all the good work you did, we all have had lapses over the years for whatever reasons, but you have had the good sense and guts to hop back onto the wagon before you undid all the good work you had already done. I bet a fair few people in their time have lost a lot and then put it all back on plus some! So go you and a big wooooop for being back with us! :D

Kwise, if you are being the sunday weighers thread nurse, you do realise that you will have to commute to Cairns to look after me if I need it? :eek: :D

Well, Sunday morning has dawned here and I stepped on the scales with some trepidation as I haven't been accountable for a few weeks now! I hoped to undo any damage by being good for the last 4 or 5 days .... and it would seem to have worked, as my weight is the same as it was the last time I weighed properly on a Sunday, I'm still at 168lbs.

I knew I hadn't binged at any point, some days I would hardly eat at all, other days I just ate at meal times but wasn't careful about what I ate, so I guess what with that and being an angel this week, it all panned out quite nicely! Now I just have to hope that the weight starts to shift!

I have set myself a mini target of just 6lbs, when I get down to 162lbs, I'm going to reset my ticker back to where it was when I originally started the plan, as at that point I will be making real progress again, after really stalling for the last 12 months, not due to lack of effort, I might add!

Good luck to everyone for your Sunday morning! I'm off to track down a strange beep that I can hear every so often, that is driving me insane(r)!;) :p :D

Well done Moz - lol to the nursey comment

Rayven said:
Lost 2lbs this week!!

:welldone: Rayven - excellent loss

Honey39 said:
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet this week. Am so pleased because - although I've been off work for a week and a half - I've lost a pound and a half, making a grand total of 78 lbs gone for good!! That's me also slipped past the five and a half stones lost mark. yay!!!!!!

Well done Honey, and what a fab total weight loss - u must be feeling great

Woodland girl said:
1.3 lbs off this week ! Yeah!

Brilliant Woodland girl- we will leave the 11 stone thread!!

Well thankyou to all your support and help with how I can improve my weight loss . I lost 2lbs :woohoo:

So very happy. Eating out today - will be good- need to be as Friday I am out for an Indian . Decided on Lamb Rogan Josh with rice (6.5 syns - ish) and maybe 2 poppadoms 8 and 2 tblsp mango chutney 4 SYNS . Total 18.5 syns)

Good luck fellow weighers

Kx

A Very Good Morning to all - hope it is lovely and sunny wherever you are just like it is here!!

Will be back to catch up on everybody's progress this week later, but just ashamedly coming on to weigh in.

I have put on 2.5lbs this week.

Totally furious with myself, but rather than spoil a lovely day with a bad mood I am going to draw a line under April as a washout due to self destruction, and begin afresh for May!

So, ______________________________________________

Good luck everybody, will catch up with how you have all done later
xx

Dizzydawnie - snap! 2.5 on for me this week too. I am drawing a line too. It is a new week, a new month and the sun is shining! Too many parties and birthdays this week so it was no surprise. Big line drawn, mini-challenge re-set and I am putting my name down for a booze-free May.

What I find odd is that when I lose weight and hit a certain weight, I feel really slinky. When I put on and hit that same weight again on the way up, I feel super-mega-fat! But it is the same weight as when I felt slinky. No wonder folk feel rotten when they put on. Weird.

I blame my pigginess this week on being skint. Skint again this week so better rein myself in. Just been out to the garden to check on my fruit and veg. I am soon to become cash-poor/crop-rich so no worries. Going to have free superfrees coming out my ears soon lol *rubs hands*

Off to check on the gang and update my ticker.

morning all, another 1lb off for me this week, would and should be more but not in a happy place at the mo and although i'm not binging, which is good, i'm not always sticking to my syns etc.

Moz - well done on maintaining your weight. Very good result :) x

Well done all the losers so far today - rayven, woodland girl and kwise. A double bank holiday and you all lose weight?!! You deserve medals lol

:party0019:

And a big super-bunny to Honey for passing your 5.5 stone mark. Chuffed to buttons for you! :bunnydance:

Well done Ozzie - a great result.When you are ready, you will start losing again, and until then maintaining is brilliant. Big hugs.

Well done Rayven - fantastic.

Honey - I'm so pleased for you (all down to your hard work) AND a new shiny. Yay. :clap::bliss::thankyouthankyou:

Tracy - Woohoo. You're doing brilliantly.

Kwise - Delighted for you. That's why you just have to stick at it because it sometimes falls off near the end of the week. :character00116: Well done on your choices for the indian. Looks great :)

Sausage - I think an alcohol free May would be a good thing - I think you did fairly well on your alcohol free Feb or March ? We will support you in that. I think you are a superstar :grouphugg:

I totally understand your point about how you feel at certain weights. I'm nearly in uncharted territory for me (ever) so I feel fantastic but I know what you mean because I got that on the weigh :)p) down a lot.

Why_d - 1lb is a great result. Hopefully you will get back your 'Mr consistent' title :D

Well, I have had a good result this week (5 days) just sticking to plan, eating plenty and having 10-15 syns per day and trying to ignore Tuesday's result so that I didn't feel under pressure and I have lost 6 lbs. Obviously I put on 7 lbs last weekend (so it's not quite as brilliant as it might sound !) some of which was 'false' weight because I had to weigh in so soon after so many big meals however I am still very happy and have got my 5 stone sticker back :cool:

Gail x

Last edited:
Well done all losers & STEP AWAY FROM THE JUNK - all gainers! Why_d hope you manage to get your happy head on again soon hun. *hugs*
Sorry i don't have time to reply to all individually but well done all!!

OzzieMoz, fab news that you haven't put on, well done!

Rayven, great news, well done on the loss and thank you for all your support and advice last week.

Honey, 5½ stone is fabulous! Congrats!!

WoodlandGirl, well done, excellent result! Good luck getting into the 10's!

Kwise, congrats on 2lbs and enjoy your indian, sounds yummy! (besides the meat, lol)

Dawnie, my April was poo too, here's to a more successful May! Bet you get that 2½ off next week.

SS, don't know that I ever feel "slinky" (not yet any way) but know exactly what you mean! Good luck for next week and an alcohol free May! x

Why_d, just wanted to thank you for the advice last week, it helped a lot. Hope you have a good week this week and a pound is still a loss, even though when I lose a pound that's not the point, lol.

Gail, well done for not letting the gain get to you and for getting it off again this week!

I'm happy to report in that my "plateau" seems to be over for now. I had a takeaway last Sunday night and then as suggested here, upped my kcals by a few hundred and upped my syns too and it seems to have done the job...6lbs off this week giving me my 4 stone award :D SO relieved!

Back