Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi all :sign0144:

Hope you dont mind me joining you on your Sunday weigh-ins.

I am officially starting today at 244lbs :eek: !!! That's roughly what I weighed 8 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (now have 3)! Every time I was pregnant I have put on more weight and never took it off before the next one. Well, would like to have at least one more child (God willing) and am determined to get to a healthy weight before we do so.

Hope to get it off steadily. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's losses too.

Best wishes.

Wow some fabulous losses - well done Sunday Weighers!

Just a quick pop in a post as busy busy day for me. Spent most of the morning at hospital with my Mum who last night fell over and has managed to break a metatarsal in her foot!

Had an OK week this week - wasn't bad just know that I didn't eat enough (which I blame on being too busy at work again) resulted in an STS which isn't surprising after my huge loss last week.

Am OK with it but mentally planning ahead for this week as I have several parties and would like a loss this week after an STS. Means some serious exercise going to be put in this week.

OK quickly before I go just wanted to say welcome back Sparky - so nice to hear from you. The fact that you have come back and posted shows you are making the first steps in getting back in the game. Like you said we have all had these moments and you know you can do it - strong mind and positive thoughts x x

Woohoo! Well done Emma :bunnydance:

Poor Sarah's mum :( I broke my Beckham bone (as I call it) years ago so know it is not fun. It heals well though :) No shame in a STS :D

Hello and welcome to muraqabah. We are a very international thread. Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Another pound off this week, am pleased as have been off work all week, so haven't been quite as strict. Back 100% on plan this week though. Well done to everyone!

muraqabah said:

Hope you dont mind me joining you on your Sunday weigh-ins.

I am officially starting today at 244lbs :eek: !!! That's roughly what I weighed 8 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (now have 3)! Every time I was pregnant I have put on more weight and never took it off before the next one. Well, would like to have at least one more child (God willing) and am determined to get to a healthy weight before we do so.

Hope to get it off steadily. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's losses too.

Best wishes.

Welcome to the mad house muraqabah..

Muraqabah means meditation, right? :) miss going to meditation at my mums..

IA you will lose weight, these guys are great for support x

Thanks. I had a terrible April, but am optistic about May (it couldn't get any worse lol)

What days are you doing?

I'm trying to do mainly green days...gotta cut down on my meat. But thats okay cos I love rice, pasta and any kind of beans! Plus I am a big fan of quorn so that helps.

Welcome to the mad house muraqabah..

Muraqabah means meditation, right? :) miss going to meditation at my mums..

IA you will lose weight, these guys are great for support x

Thanks Roziee - glad to be here.

Muraqabah means self-vigilance...to keep a constant check on your inner self. Eating healthily is one aspect of muraqabah, others could be related to different bad habits we may have.

Look forward to knowing everyone better IA.

dizzydawnie said:
I have put on 2.5lbs this week.
xx

I am glad you are able to draw a line under it as it will make you determined to lose it this week with additional pounds.

silly sausage said:
2.5 on for me this week too. I am putting my name down for a booze-free May.

New month, new you SS. I bet you can't wait for your SS fruit/veg to be ready .
I'm a bit slow on my veg patch . Been putting it off as it is currently rich with weeds (and cat poop) Gonna clear it tomorrow though, not looking forward to it. Then will plant and cover to stop my naughty cats contaminating it - yeuch

why_d said:
morning all, another 1lb off for me this week, would and should be and although i'm not binging, which is good, i'm not always sticking to my syns etc.

Well done Why_d - back on track I see - have you had less of a social life this week??

gl12282 said:
Well, I have had a good result this week (5 days) just sticking to plan, eating plenty and having 10-15 syns per day and trying to ignore Tuesday's result so that I didn't feel under pressure and I have lost 6 lbs and have got my 5 stone sticker back :cool:

Gail x

That's fantastic Gail- well done you for losing so much and getting your 5 stone sticker back. :wow: that's a truly great loss, you must feel fantastic.

elb4160 said:
-1.5lb for me this week :) which I'm pleased with, at least its another loss!

Well done, are you feeling more positive with your losses and is mum still helping you?

muraqabah said:

Best wishes.

:welcome: You find us all a jolly (yet slightly mad) group.
:fingerscrossed: with your weigh ins

SarahJohnson said:
Wow some fabulous losses - well done Sunday Weighers!

Just a quick pop in a post as busy busy day for me. Spent most of the morning at hospital with my Mum who last night fell over and has managed to break a metatarsal in her foot!

Had an OK week this week - wasn't bad just know that I didn't eat enough (which I blame on being too busy at work again) resulted in an STS which isn't surprising after my huge loss last week.

Am OK with it but mentally planning ahead for this week as I have several parties and would like a loss this week after an STS. Means some serious exercise going to be put in this week

Sarah, Another foot problem - I can see I'm gonna be busy. Your poor mum - is she in a Beckham Boot?
Well done on your STS, I'm sure you will have s loss next week

Madmavey said:
Another pound off this week, am pleased as have been off work all week, so haven't been quite as strict. Back 100% on plan this week though. Well done to everyone!

Just wanted to say hello :hello: as I don't think I have met u. Keep to your plan abd I'm sure u will have a loss

And TheMissus- I deleted your post by finger accident !! Thankyou for your support . Well done on your fab loss. It's a mystery to me how eating loads results in a weight loss - but who am I to question any of this diet - it's so amazing !!! ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Nice one Madmavey! :bunnydance: It is very tricky when your routine is out the window so you did very well.

Kwise - I place bamboo canes diagonally across my veg patch. It confuses the pussycats and they can't get comfy.

silly sausage said:
Nice one Madmavey! :bunnydance: It is very tricky when your routine is out the window so you did very well.

Kwise - I place bamboo canes diagonally across my veg patch. It confuses the pussycats and they can't get comfy.

Don't they push them out the way??

My cats are little b*ggers. I have had to get siren things for the grass, otherwise the kids can't play, and now 1 is using the veg patch, but is too lazy to bury it.

It is soooooo smelly

Kx

Well I've stayed the same. Boo.

Well done to all the losers this week who are a true motivation to me. Particularly when it's so early in for me and I've bloody stalled already.

However...I'm kinda ok with it because the trousers I currently have on I filled out 4 weeks ago and I know I've lost inches so...onwards and upwards. Plus it's served as a bit of a wake up to me to be stricter with my syns - which I know (confesses) that I've let go a little and let's face it I ain't going to get where I wanna be doing that am I? So lesson learnt there.

I've been on constant green days since I started so have taken the opportunity to have an original day today. I'm veggie so it's harder for me but I'm glad I've done it because my system feels all clean and stuff.:innocent0001:

Again well done everyone....
But the non losers and gainers...keep the faith...
If I didn't have this site I'd be sitting with a sugary coffee and a packet of biscuits:banghead: right now so

Thank you all!!!

I don't check this thread over the weekend and then I have 8 pages to read! I skimmed through so well done everyone who lost.

After a quick catchup, well done to all of you who have lost - some of you are doing soooo well!! Very impressed and you are very inspirational to me who is struggling more than I imagined! :wave_cry:

Sillysausage - sorry you did the same as me - may I join you on your alcohol free May? Sounds like just the target I need to have to try to get me on track for my 10lb target for May!

Will be sticking to Original days as I prefer them personally, and find them less bloating, but will be spending an hour or so later to look for some meal variety, then doing a menu plan for the week and a shopping list for tomorrow - and by god I will be sticking to it!!

xx

dizzydawnie said:
After a quick catchup, well done to all of you who have lost - some of you are doing soooo well!! Very impressed and you are very inspirational to me who is struggling more than I imagined! :wave_cry:

Sillysausage - sorry you did the same as me - may I join you on your alcohol free May? Sounds like just the target I need to have to try to get me on track for my 10lb target for May!

Will be sticking to Original days as I prefer them personally, and find them less bloating, but will be spending an hour or so later to look for some meal variety, then doing a menu plan for the week and a shopping list for tomorrow - and by god I will be sticking to it!!

xx

Hi Dawn

That's the only way I can do it. I write my menu up for the week- then write ingredients I will need - get them online primarily - and stick to it. It works for me as I can't be inspirational on the day at all and need a written plan- lol

I am posting my weekly menu as well as a daily diary to help me too - I also get a lot of support on these posts which really helps me. ;)

Kx

Back