Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

The Missus -WOOOHOO - a new shiny. :bliss: I really believe that you need to look at the bigger picture. I definitely have weeks where I don't lose as much even though I've been completely on plan but sometimes I lose more inches those weeks - other weeks where I only drop right at the end of the week (or potentially even just after weigh in). The important thing is not to get despondent those weeks and just keep at it. Just look what you have achieved so far. It's absolutely fantastic.

Well done Emma - another loss :)

Welcome Muraqabah - good luck with starting SW. Your starting weight is very similar to mine so I understand completely. I hope you have a great first week.

Sarah - good attitude and I completely agree with you. You had a fabby loss last week. Good planning is ALWAYS the key to my success so I have confidence in you that you will have a good week. Hope your Mum isn't in too much pain.

Hi Madmavey - well done on your loss. That's great. As long as it comes off, you should be pleased.

Potatogirl - Never mind. A STS is fine. Glad you can already see the changes in your clothes. That's a great motivator. I would recommend keeping a written food diary - that always helps me when my losses are a bit slower. I find that I am usually having a few extra syns than I think I am even though I'm pretty careful. Look forward to hearing about a loss next week.

Hey Dawn, I know things are hard at the moment but we all have days where we struggle. 'Even me' :angel09: (sometimes I feel a bit 'invincible' on SW and then I come down to earth with a bump when I fall off the plan (spectacularly about 2 weeks ago !). If things are really difficult, how about just trying to have one day on plan (or if really, really difficult as Rayven suggested last week I think, try increasing your syn allowance just to ease yourself back in). However I KNOW you can do it and I think when I looked at your stats overall, April was a pretty good month ? Big hugs.

Gail x

Welcome Muraqabah - good luck with starting SW. Your starting weight is very similar to mine so I understand completely. I hope you have a great first week.

Hi Gail - thanks for the welcome. All the best to you.

Thank you Gail, definitely learned a few lessons in April! xx

Dawn - sorry I'm being dense. Mixing you up with someone else :doh: ! I will edit my previous post. Sorry that you haven't had a great week.

My advice is if you're struggling is

(a) drink more - I often get mixed up if I am hungry or thirsty
(b) are you planning enough ?
(c) just try to do one day at a time. Look at each day as a new one. Sometimes it's a bit daunting trying to do a full week, just a day at a time is better because you can start to build up your confidence.

Good luck.

Gail x

Oops!! thought it wasn't going to be a good week and it hasn't been :(:( I've put on 3lbs this week so I need to get my butt into gear and get back on board 100%. Too much chocolate about and too little self control!!! I guess it happens to the best of us but it had taken me so long to lose the 3lb - why does it take days to put it back on again????:mad:

At least I know where I've gone wrong - wish me luck!!

Wow - so many posts!
Smartie and sum it's weird how you're aligned!

Well done for everyone who had a great loss :clap: and for staying the same - hello Easter!!!! Those that gained - look for a good loss next week!

Being meaning to update in here since my holiday post!

Well, as I said, I managed to lose 1lb while being away for ten days... Was, therefore, expecting a gain/sts this week... But oh no!

I HAVE LOST 5LB!!!!!

Official stone award since re starting
2 stone 2lbs lost over all.

Actual lowest ever weight since I was... Umm? Well since I started weighing myself anyway.

Wanted to share this *I can't stop jumping around!!!!* :bunnydance:

P.s having a big BBQ
Today for my Mums 50th... Diet coke and red day ahoy! Wish me luck with that ... Need to stay away from
The burgers and bread!!

Sillysausage - sorry you did the same as me - may I join you on your alcohol free May? Sounds like just the target I need to have to try to get me on track for my 10lb target for May!

Welcome aboard the booze-free wagon Dawnie! It is good to have personal mini-challenges throughout our journeys, I think, as it keeps us on our toes. Chucking something that is a fattening depressant should be a piece of cake for us :D I did it in March and it was surprisingly easy. I don't usually set weight loss goals, but I am eyeing your 10lb goal and thinking that if I lose that too in May I will get my 4 stone sticky...hmmmm. I really want it!!! If I don't get one I will have to steal one off Smartie, but that might be cheating :rolleyes:

Well done Potatogirl on maintaining your weight while losing inches :)

Susie - at least you know what you did. Must be awful to have a surprise gain. It will come off really soon - just look at our Gail as an example. Good luck x

Sorry for my late reply guys - i had to attend a wedding yesterday so didn't get time to reply.

First of all i would like to welcome back Sparky and just say you can get back on hte SW wagon and we're here to help you do that :D

Welcome back Sparky :) Glad to see you have come back and not undone all the good work you did, we all have had lapses over the years for whatever reasons, but you have had the good sense and guts to hop back onto the wagon before you undid all the good work you had already done. I bet a fair few people in their time have lost a lot and then put it all back on plus some! So go you and a big wooooop for being back with us! :D

Kwise, if you are being the sunday weighers thread nurse, you do realise that you will have to commute to Cairns to look after me if I need it? :eek: :D

Well, Sunday morning has dawned here and I stepped on the scales with some trepidation as I haven't been accountable for a few weeks now! I hoped to undo any damage by being good for the last 4 or 5 days .... and it would seem to have worked, as my weight is the same as it was the last time I weighed properly on a Sunday, I'm still at 168lbs.

I knew I hadn't binged at any point, some days I would hardly eat at all, other days I just ate at meal times but wasn't careful about what I ate, so I guess what with that and being an angel this week, it all panned out quite nicely! Now I just have to hope that the weight starts to shift!

I have set myself a mini target of just 6lbs, when I get down to 162lbs, I'm going to reset my ticker back to where it was when I originally started the plan, as at that point I will be making real progress again, after really stalling for the last 12 months, not due to lack of effort, I might add!

Good luck to everyone for your Sunday morning! I'm off to track down a strange beep that I can hear every so often, that is driving me insane(r)!;) :p :D

Well Done for maintaining your weight overthe last few weeks - You can achieve you're mini targets in no time :D

Lost 2lbs this week!!

Well Done Rayven - You're doing so well :D

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet this week. Am so pleased because - although I've been off work for a week and a half - I've lost a pound and a half, making a grand total of 78 lbs gone for good!! That's me also slipped past the five and a half stones lost mark. yay!!!!!!

Woohoo Honey! Congrats on your 1 1/2lbs off and achieving your 5 1/2 stone sticker :bunnydance:

1.3 lbs off this week ! Yeah!

Brilliant woodland girl! Well Done :D

Well done Moz - lol to the nursey comment

:welldone: Rayven - excellent loss

Well done Honey, and what a fab total weight loss - u must be feeling great

Brilliant Woodland girl- we will leave the 11 stone thread!!

Well thankyou to all your support and help with how I can improve my weight loss . I lost 2lbs :woohoo:

So very happy. Eating out today - will be good- need to be as Friday I am out for an Indian . Decided on Lamb Rogan Josh with rice (6.5 syns - ish) and maybe 2 poppadoms 8 and 2 tblsp mango chutney 4 SYNS . Total 18.5 syns)

Good luck fellow weighers

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well Done on your 2lbs off K! And :drool: you're menu for the indian food sounds soo yummy!

A Very Good Morning to all - hope it is lovely and sunny wherever you are just like it is here!!

Will be back to catch up on everybody's progress this week later, but just ashamedly coming on to weigh in.

I have put on 2.5lbs this week.

Totally furious with myself, but rather than spoil a lovely day with a bad mood I am going to draw a line under April as a washout due to self destruction, and begin afresh for May!

So, ______________________________________________

Good luck everybody, will catch up with how you have all done later
xx

Well Done for drawing a line and not letting WI affect your day - We all have these sorts of days/weeks dizzydawnie so don't be ashamed :) we all know how bad Easter has been for us with all the chocolate available

Dizzydawnie - snap! 2.5 on for me this week too. I am drawing a line too. It is a new week, a new month and the sun is shining! Too many parties and birthdays this week so it was no surprise. Big line drawn, mini-challenge re-set and I am putting my name down for a booze-free May.

What I find odd is that when I lose weight and hit a certain weight, I feel really slinky. When I put on and hit that same weight again on the way up, I feel super-mega-fat! But it is the same weight as when I felt slinky. No wonder folk feel rotten when they put on. Weird.

I blame my pigginess this week on being skint. Skint again this week so better rein myself in. Just been out to the garden to check on my fruit and veg. I am soon to become cash-poor/crop-rich so no worries. Going to have free superfrees coming out my ears soon lol *rubs hands*

Off to check on the gang and update my ticker.

You'll get that off in no time sausage and atleast you got to enjoy many parties and birthdays :D

Good luck with you booze-free May and mini challenge sausage

P.s. Ohh you sound so organised growing your own Superfree Veggies

morning all, another 1lb off for me this week, would and should be more but not in a happy place at the mo and although i'm not binging, which is good, i'm not always sticking to my syns etc.

Well Done Why_D and i hope you do feel better and get back to your happy place :)

Well done Ozzie - a great result.When you are ready, you will start losing again, and until then maintaining is brilliant. Big hugs.

Well done Rayven - fantastic.

Honey - I'm so pleased for you (all down to your hard work) AND a new shiny. Yay. :clap::bliss::thankyouthankyou:

Tracy - Woohoo. You're doing brilliantly.

Kwise - Delighted for you. That's why you just have to stick at it because it sometimes falls off near the end of the week. :character00116: Well done on your choices for the indian. Looks great :)

Sausage - I think an alcohol free May would be a good thing - I think you did fairly well on your alcohol free Feb or March ? We will support you in that. I think you are a superstar :grouphugg:

I totally understand your point about how you feel at certain weights. I'm nearly in uncharted territory for me (ever) so I feel fantastic but I know what you mean because I got that on the weigh :)p) down a lot.

Why_d - 1lb is a great result. Hopefully you will get back your 'Mr consistent' title :D

Well, I have had a good result this week (5 days) just sticking to plan, eating plenty and having 10-15 syns per day and trying to ignore Tuesday's result so that I didn't feel under pressure and I have lost 6 lbs. Obviously I put on 7 lbs last weekend (so it's not quite as brilliant as it might sound !) some of which was 'false' weight because I had to weigh in so soon after so many big meals however I am still very happy and have got my 5 stone sticker back :cool:

Gail x

:eek: Some false weight or not that is an amazing result Gail! Well Done on doing so well :party0038:

OzzieMoz, fab news that you haven't put on, well done!

Rayven, great news, well done on the loss and thank you for all your support and advice last week.

Honey, 5½ stone is fabulous! Congrats!!

WoodlandGirl, well done, excellent result! Good luck getting into the 10's!

Kwise, congrats on 2lbs and enjoy your indian, sounds yummy! (besides the meat, lol)

Dawnie, my April was poo too, here's to a more successful May! Bet you get that 2½ off next week.

SS, don't know that I ever feel "slinky" (not yet any way) but know exactly what you mean! Good luck for next week and an alcohol free May! x

Why_d, just wanted to thank you for the advice last week, it helped a lot. Hope you have a good week this week and a pound is still a loss, even though when I lose a pound that's not the point, lol.

Gail, well done for not letting the gain get to you and for getting it off again this week!

I'm happy to report in that my "plateau" seems to be over for now. I had a takeaway last Sunday night and then as suggested here, upped my kcals by a few hundred and upped my syns too and it seems to have done the job...6lbs off this week giving me my 4 stone award :D SO relieved!

:party0019: TheMisuses thats brillaint - I'm glad to hear it :D! Well Done on your 6lbs off that is just amazing! Oh and congrats on your 4 stone sticker

Another pound off this week, am pleased as have been off work all week, so haven't been quite as strict. Back 100% on plan this week though. Well done to everyone!

Well Done Madmavey and good luck with your 100% week :D

Hi all :sign0144:

Hope you dont mind me joining you on your Sunday weigh-ins.

I am officially starting today at 244lbs :eek: !!! That's roughly what I weighed 8 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (now have 3)! Every time I was pregnant I have put on more weight and never took it off before the next one. Well, would like to have at least one more child (God willing) and am determined to get to a healthy weight before we do so.

Hope to get it off steadily. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's losses too.

Best wishes.

:welcome2:Muraqabah to this thread - You'll love it here as everyone here is so supportive. Good luck on your SW journey to getting back to a healthy weight and having another child. Thank you for the best wishes :D

-1.5lb for me this week :) which I'm pleased with, at least its another loss!

Well Done Emma :D

Wow some fabulous losses - well done Sunday Weighers!

Just a quick pop in a post as busy busy day for me. Spent most of the morning at hospital with my Mum who last night fell over and has managed to break a metatarsal in her foot!

Had an OK week this week - wasn't bad just know that I didn't eat enough (which I blame on being too busy at work again) resulted in an STS which isn't surprising after my huge loss last week.

Am OK with it but mentally planning ahead for this week as I have several parties and would like a loss this week after an STS. Means some serious exercise going to be put in this week.

OK quickly before I go just wanted to say welcome back Sparky - so nice to hear from you. The fact that you have come back and posted shows you are making the first steps in getting back in the game. Like you said we have all had these moments and you know you can do it - strong mind and positive thoughts x x

Hope your mum gets better soon Sarah and good luck with having a good week with laods of exercise! Oh and enjoy your parties :D

Well I've stayed the same. Boo.

Well done to all the losers this week who are a true motivation to me. Particularly when it's so early in for me and I've bloody stalled already.

However...I'm kinda ok with it because the trousers I currently have on I filled out 4 weeks ago and I know I've lost inches so...onwards and upwards. Plus it's served as a bit of a wake up to me to be stricter with my syns - which I know (confesses) that I've let go a little and let's face it I ain't going to get where I wanna be doing that am I? So lesson learnt there.

I've been on constant green days since I started so have taken the opportunity to have an original day today. I'm veggie so it's harder for me but I'm glad I've done it because my system feels all clean and stuff.:innocent0001:

Again well done everyone....
But the non losers and gainers...keep the faith...
If I didn't have this site I'd be sitting with a sugary coffee and a packet of biscuits:banghead: right now so

Thank you all!!!

Well Done on your inches loss even if its not showing on the scales yet - Inches loss is soo much better :D The weight will start coming off again just keep at it and good luck with your red days

Oops!! thought it wasn't going to be a good week and it hasn't been :(:( I've put on 3lbs this week so I need to get my butt into gear and get back on board 100%. Too much chocolate about and too little self control!!! I guess it happens to the best of us but it had taken me so long to lose the 3lb - why does it take days to put it back on again????:mad:

At least I know where I've gone wrong - wish me luck!!

Susiepoos we all have these sorts of weeks - Well Done for WI and posting. Easter has been bad for most of us especailly with all the left over chocolate. Good luck for this week

I hope i haven't missed anyone out - if i have then sorry :D

Thank you Sum :D Have you had a moment yet to try your hula?

I have and you are right it is soo much fun lol Though i haven't quite got the hang of it yet - it will defiantly take some getting use to because its a nice big one, but its so much fun trying to use it :D Thanks for recommending it to us/me!

Thank you sum

muraqabah how hard is it to find SW food in Kuwait? I just saw your location and was just wondering

lol sausage i know exactly what you mean - though i've never compared my moves to Elvis's ;) Ahh the move is funny which is why i always end up laughing when i'm trying to hula hoop - I'm sure me (or you :p) hula hopping is an intresting sight. And now everytime i do hula hoop i'm going to remember Elvis's move :p

Hi guys,

I don't know how much ive lossed :s

Frst weigh in said 6 lbs then every time i stepped on it it gave me a different reading! So it goes between having lost 2.5 lbs to 5.5 lbs.

Should I buy a needle or digital scale now? I've been using digital so far...

Any where between 2.5 lbs to 5.5 lbs are brillaint losses so Well Done on whatever loss it is :D

Sorry I can't give advice on what scale to get because i WI at class rather than home

Thanks sum :)

Silly- I'm going to change the batteries like you said and weigh myself tomorrow and see what it says.. Nothing wonky with the feet as far as i can tell..

Roziee said:
Thanks sum :)

Silly- I'm going to change the batteries like you said and weigh myself tomorrow and see what it says.. Nothing wonky with the feet as far as i can tell..

How's your wonky foot hun?

Kx

Kwise1 said:
How's your wonky foot hun?

Kx

Lol that made me laugh K...

Wonky foot is all better now.. Well not 100% but the swelling is minimal now and I can walk on it without hurting now.

Back