Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Glad to hear it. You should be ok to go to work?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
Glad to hear it. You should be ok to go to work?

Kx

Yeah I think so. I sit down most of th day anyway and will use a foot rest or an upside down bin to rest my foot tomorrow. Thank you again for all your help and advise :) x

Dawn - sorry I'm being dense. Mixing you up with someone else :doh: ! I will edit my previous post. Sorry that you haven't had a great week.

My advice is if you're struggling is

(a) drink more - I often get mixed up if I am hungry or thirsty
(b) are you planning enough ?
(c) just try to do one day at a time. Look at each day as a new one. Sometimes it's a bit daunting trying to do a full week, just a day at a time is better because you can start to build up your confidence.

Good luck.

Gail x

Hi Gail

No worries!! :D
Thank you for the tips too - I do tend to plan and be careful but I honestly think I have lost my willpower entirely - I feel like a self destruct button has been pushed!! :eek:

I so desperately want to lose weight - and before I put the half pound on 2 weeks ago I was happy and very motivated, but now I have spiralled out of control and it is always "tomorrow"......

Am going to go and prepare a grapefruit for tomorrows breakfast shortly, and take a salad to work with me, and that is all fine, when I get home I just go mad!! :mad:

Anyhow, lets see how this week goes....... fingers crossed!

Thanks again
x

muraqabah how hard is it to find SW food in Kuwait? I just saw your location and was just wondering

Hi sum - actually its not too bad. We have a hypermarket here called Lulu which has everything from Quorn sausages to batchelors noodles, plus plenty of Iceland stuff, so although its not quite Asda it is well along the way :D

I cant get hold of cottage cheese, quark or fromage frais, but have managed to find 0% fat greek yogurt and fat free sour cream, so things are looking up. I havent yet found Scan Bran and really miss the handy packs of fruit and bits and pieces which make SW easier in the UK. But I guess I cant complain really since I have enough to keep me going.

Some things are easier for me here, like getting certain types of meat which are halal that I cant get in the UK, like lean beef slices and turkey bacon etc. However, I'm trying to do more green days as I want to cut down on my meat for health reasons.

Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone who has lost, huge well done to everyone who gained AND turned up here, was accountable, and is carrying on with this journey! I'm so proud of everyone on this thread.

I have a bit of a bizarre confession to make about guilt - I see all the fabulous messages, all the lovely progress and the kind posts to me, and I get overwhelmed when I don't respond properly. Does anyone else feel like that? I feel like I'm a bit crap for not keeping up properly, and rude and unsupportive for not giving back the individual support that I get.

I'm going to try harder this week to be more proactive and post more, because after being on this site for nearly 40 weeks, I am very invested in everyone on this thread, I eagerly read your progress and cheer you on, but sometimes I am rubbish at getting my act together and writing here.

Anyway, am determined to have a great week, eat healthily and generally be more focused and dynamic on my goals for May!

Lots of love to all my delicious Sunday weighers...:)

Honey39 said:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone who has lost, huge well done to everyone who gained AND turned up here, was accountable, and is carrying on with this journey! I'm so proud of everyone on this thread.

I have a bit of a bizarre confession to make about guilt - I see all the fabulous messages, all the lovely progress and the kind posts to me, and I get overwhelmed when I don't respond properly. Does anyone else feel like that? I feel like I'm a bit crap for not keeping up properly, and rude and unsupportive for not giving back the individual support that I get.

I'm going to try harder this week to be more proactive and post more, because after being on this site for nearly 40 weeks, I am very invested in everyone on this thread, I eagerly read your progress and cheer you on, but sometimes I am rubbish at getting my act together and writing here.

Anyway, am determined to have a great week, eat healthily and generally be more focused and dynamic on my goals for May!

Don't be silly :) you posting this shows you care, so don't worry if you don't respond to each and everyone one of us x

Honey - You give so many people support already through your Taste of Honey thread. Your musings about your journey and your posts about your walking are very motivational and inspirational - plus the fact that you have lost shed loads of weight! lol Post if you like, but please don't feel guilty about anything x

Honey39 said:
Hi guys,

Yes I feel the same during the week Honey, where I can't keep up with the posts as I am at work and can only read in the evening .

All I know from my own point of view is that everybody here is so supportive and it is that that keeps me going.

My other guilty worry is that I can't give the 'like points' thingy to anyone and I know that I receive them.

Kx

Hi sum - actually its not too bad. We have a hypermarket here called Lulu which has everything from Quorn sausages to batchelors noodles, plus plenty of Iceland stuff, so although its not quite Asda it is well along the way :D

I cant get hold of cottage cheese, quark or fromage frais, but have managed to find 0% fat greek yogurt and fat free sour cream, so things are looking up. I havent yet found Scan Bran and really miss the handy packs of fruit and bits and pieces which make SW easier in the UK. But I guess I cant complain really since I have enough to keep me going.

Some things are easier for me here, like getting certain types of meat which are halal that I cant get in the UK, like lean beef slices and turkey bacon etc. However, I'm trying to do more green days as I want to cut down on my meat for health reasons.

Oh thats good to know then i wouldn't have thought you'd get much SW food there. Its really good that you can :D I'm jealous that you can get halaal meat over there that isn't available here! I tend to stick to halaal chicken and just lamb mostly which is what my red days consist of when i have them. Good luck with your Green days X

Hi guys,

Awww thanks for the lovely message Honey. We don't mind if its not an indiviual message as long as its a message of support to all of us ;) - I'm sure we know that you're supportive of our weight loss :D But will be intresting to see more of your posts so good luck with your goals Xx

Sum said:
Oh thats good to know then i wouldn't have thought you'd get much SW food there. Its really good that you can :D I'm jealous that you can get halaal meat over there that isn't available here! I tend to stick to halaal chicken and just lamb mostly which is what my red days consist of when i have them. Good luck with your Green days X

Awww thanks for the lovely message Honey. We don't mind if its not an indiviual message as long as its a message of support to all of us ;) - I'm sure we know that you're supportive of our weight loss :D But will be intresting to see more of your posts so good luck with your goals Xx

Hi Sum,
I think it depends where you live. There are many areas where I work that sell Halal meat. Also Costco sells it and I have seen it in Lidl.

Kx

Hi Sum,
I think it depends where you live. There are many areas where I work that sell Halal meat. Also Costco sells it and I have seen it in Lidl.

Kx

Ooh will have to check that out then Kwise - Thanks for the tip :D

Wish you could get sliced halal meat sum, dont you? The only ones are the processed ones, yuck..

I'm being serious that i've never seen it myself lol Will defiantly have to have a better look if everyone else other than me can find it lol

Lol- and I don't even eat it lol!!

Look for specific towns near you with a higher Muslim population. You should find Halal butchers here, or the local Lidl.

Can you eat Kosher? If so look for these in areas that have a higher Jewish population

Kx

Lol- and I don't even eat it lol!!

Look for specific towns near you with a higher Muslim population. You should find Halal butchers here, or the local Lidl.

Can you eat Kosher? If so look for these in areas that have a higher Jewish population

Kx

There is a halaal meat shop near me where i get the chicken and lamb ect from but turkey slices ect wise i've never seen it in that shop. Will have to go and ask them when i go next

Sum said:
I'm being serious that i've never seen it myself lol Will defiantly have to have a better look if everyone else other than me can find it lol

Yeah.. I think they ktc's.. I can't remember for sure- don buy them, they're not yummy..

*Breaking news*

I have a date W00t!!!!!!!! I am a very happy bunny :bunnydance: Sum will now be subjected to all the minute details tomorrow on the way to uni - bet she cant wait :p

I didnt have time to congrat/commiserate with you all this week. But I was there reading all your posts :D And I am offering *hi-5's* to all the losers and *kicks up bums* to the gainers :p

I know, I know, I am just so generous :D

OMG. That's great Smartie. And possibly a bit scary too ! But with your new found confidence and slinky body, you should have a good time. And if he's lovely and you like him, even better but if not it's all good experience.

Please make sure to update us in glorious technicolour detail :) (and if you don't I will pester/harrass/stalk Sum until she tells me ;))

Gail x

I will, and I will probably bore you all silly :D

Its someone from uni, when we met at induction I said to Sum that I fancied him, but thought he was out of my league :eek: Anyway tonight he and I we were chatting on fb, and I said to Sum I think hes flirting with me :eek: and he was :D

He said that he had always fancied me :eek: so, now its offical - I like him and he likes me :D

I am so wired - I cant sleep lol

Awwww that's lovely!! I'm all excited now too!! He better behave himself and be worthy of you! I might go choose myself a hat .... perhaps I should go ask Fergie for some style advice as she obviously gave some wonderful advice to her daughters recently :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Back