Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Oh wow Kwise that sounds awful for you - Hope it gets better soon X

Ooohh yays Smartie i am excited for you! As sausage says what are you going to wear? Or does this mean that a urgent shopping trip is in order :D

My absence last night can be blamed on David boreanaz - Bones was on last night so i watched that to get my david boreanaz fix :rolleyes:

Sausage yays that you've had a 100% and that the mini challenge is going well. So tell us how the Butter Chicken turns out. I made it for taster once adn it was lovely :D

SarahJohnson said:
Happy belated birthday Pinktoaster and FYI candy floss is 3 syns for an average stick/bag - worth the syns and something I am going to treat myself to when I go to Drayton Manor Friday.

I didn't realise it was low syn (ish), I thought because it was basically pure sugar it would be very high. I binned it anyway, I must be getting old if candy floss doesn't interest me!

I have not been 100% but I plan to be. I'm off to Zumba tonight, and I've got the kinect Zumba game in the post from lovefilm so I have that to do soon, as well as the PCD workout DVD.
It's just the food I need to control! I haven't weighed myself in a fortnight and I know I've gained, I can feel it on me and it disgusts me.

silly sausage said:
Is this from your extreme gardening? :eek: Sounds like you have been digging with your paws! My absence last night: Had a meeting at the school, went to Sainsburys for some bits, popped into my sister's, came home, watched South Park, went to bed. Honest.

I was getting bits to make this recipe I saw yesterday...

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/198289-butter-chicken-receipe-new-sw-magaszine.html

There is no butter in it and no chicken (quorn fillets). Will let you know how it turns out. It takes a day to make!

Still 100% here this week. Mini-challenge going well.

Smartie - getting excited for you! What are you going to wear? :D

Extreme Gardening - :roofles: that makes me sound like a sportsperson taking risks - so funny. I don't really hurt now thank goodness and it was so quiet here last night as I kept pressing refresh & hoping :(

Sum said:
Oh wow Kwise that sounds awful for you - Hope it gets better soon X

Ooohh yays Smartie i am excited for you! As sausage says what are you going to wear? Or does this mean that a urgent shopping trip is in order :D

My absence last night can be blamed on David boreanaz - Bones was on last night so i watched that to get my david boreanaz fix :rolleyes:

Sausage yays that you've had a 100% and that the mini challenge is going well. So tell us how the Butter Chicken turns out. I made it for taster once adn it was lovely :D

All better Sum- cheers

Smartie- so very very exciting !! I will be out myself having an Indian (not literally I hasten to add - not enough SYNS / lol) but will be thinking of you 2 lovebirds- Ahhhh

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well my day took a turn and I am no longer 100% this week :sigh:

This was the plan: Go to dentist for quick final treatment, make something healthy with mushrooms for tea, get paid, be no longer skint.

This is what actually happened: Ran over a bird on the way to the dentist :eek: sparking instant bad karma. The anaesthetic at the dentists travelled the wrong way and made my eye droop like bad botox. She had to re-do the jag and it took so long that the kids were starving when I got out so we went to the chippy. On the way into the house, my lad dropped his beloved ipod touch sunny side down smashing the screen. He was inconsolable :cry: Booked a repair so am skint again and I ate a pile of chippy and sweeties because I was so scunnered. The mushrooms are still in the fridge. Nobody's dead, but ho hum.

*moan over*

Hope you are all having a healthy, uneventful week :D

silly sausage said:

This was the plan: Go to dentist for quick final treatment, make something healthy with mushrooms for tea, get paid, be no longer skint.

This is what actually happened: Ran over a bird on the way to the dentist :eek: sparking instant bad karma. The anaesthetic at the dentists travelled the wrong way and made my eye droop like bad botox. She had to re-do the jag and it took so long that the kids were starving when I got out so we went to the chippy. On the way into the house, my lad dropped his beloved ipod touch sunny side down smashing the screen. He was inconsolable :cry: Booked a repair so am skint again and I ate a pile of chippy and sweeties because I was so scunnered. The mushrooms are still in the fridge. Nobody's dead, but ho hum.

*moan over*

Oh no SS. That's so unfair. I read your message and re-read it and wasnt sure what to say. I wanted to cry for you.

I would be moaning a darn sight more!!

I think they say things happen in 3s? So I hope I have counted right?

Draw a line under today - I would have had chips too !! And probably worse.

Tomorrow is a new day - and I'm sure things will improve

(((((((((((((Cyberhug)))))))))))))

Kx

Oh wow Sausage that sounds awful! Big hugs to you and sending you good vibes/karma :vibes:. As Kwise suggetsed just draw a line under it and tomorrow is a new day. Oh you haven't ruined your 100% week if you reduce you syns over the next few days to make up for the ones you used on chips?

((hugs)) Xx

*moan over*

Chips and sweeties are syn free on a bogawful day. I reckon so anyway!

All pootling along mainly harmlessly here. OH woke me up at 5 this morning, stomping round the house saying "are you sure it's 6 oclock?" to which i sleepily replied, "no, it's 5" and he said "well, why did you wake me up?" to which I replied "i didn't". So he said "well don't have a go at me, I didn't do anything". I have no idea what that was all about, silly man :rotflmao:

I was naughty yesterday. I suddenly felt hugely podgy, so for some obscure illogical reason, I decided that it would be a good idea to eat some choccy mint bikkies, they aren't even nice, they are the el-cheapo supermarket ones that poor LittleOzMoz is suffering as her "treat" in her esky at lunch. Being skint sucks! ..... and then being pointlessly naughty sucks too! .... and that time of the month week well that's just a whole other ball game of bleuargh.

Anyway, I better dash, still have hair to plait and laces to tie and then the school run. I'm so not in the mood! Rarrrrrrrrrr! Hear me roar! :p

Awww. Poor sausage - I felt so sorry for you :(. Big hugs.

Poor Moz. You must be shattered. I'm very grumpy when I'm tired which I will be with no sleep by the time smartie goes on her date....................!

Gail x

Aaw guys, I am fine. Was just having a wee moan. Scary how easy it is to fall off the wagon though. Eating crap doesn't cure smashed birds or screens so I don't know why I did it. Nevermind.

Big line drawn. Minimal syns and extra hula until Sunday should set me right.

Sweet dreams y'all xxx

PS - Moz - what is esky?

PinkToaster that sounds soo amazing and yummy - Hope you had a good birthday :D

P.s. Has anyone heard from spanx? i don't think i did a congratulations message to her this week? I'm sure i didn't i missed her WI post.

Edit: Oh and JMO?

Spanx had a STS this week on her thread. May be worth someone reminding her that she's one of us now......... :p

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

*Slinking in with my tail between my legs!*

Hi all,

As Gail said - I STS this week. Was reasonably pleased with that as I had a few days that went off plan due to last minute meetings and a trip to London. I must admit though that my motivation is flagging a little. It's almost as if I've hit 4st off, got down into a size 16-18 and now feel I can relax - even though I still really want to get to my target.

I haven't been off plan at all this week, but I've been rather more relaxed about planning what I'm going to have etc.

Need to get back into it, as I'm worried that if I'm not on my game when I go on holiday I'll end up completely off plan for the whole fortnight!

I've read back over the whole week's posts, but can't remember who did what this week! So, well done to everyone reporting in with a loss, or a good STS this week! Commiserations to those with a gain - I'm sure you'll get it off again quickly.

Blue Smartie - hope your date goes fantabulously!

SillySausage - sorry to hear about your awful day. I quite agree that chips and sweeties have no calories at all on a day like that!

The last couple of days have most definately NOT been a success as far as my eating is concerned. Still no binges, but for the last two days i've lost track of how many syns i've had & been eating a LOT. Not out of hunger but out of an emotional need for food. :( I've been super stressed, trying to start a business from home, kids went back to school, being under the threat of being made homeless in 8 weeks time.....its all taken a toll. Had a rather difficult discussion with my ex (father to my girls) this week which seems to have kicked off the emotional eating. I asked him last time i saw him whether he'd be willing to take the girls in if i were made homeless & had no-where to go (which has been a real possibility) I obviously said he'd have to discuss it with his OH and he said he would. Well he called me & said that his OH didn't want to take them on, or even have them staying with her as even though they have a three bedroom house & 1 daughter they apparently don't have the room & she just couldn't take them being there all the time! What a cow! :mad: So we got into a big argument about it. I ended up in tears and turned to my old pal junk food to help me through it. It did indeed help me through it but as i already knew, it didn't actually make me feel any better.

Anyway, onwards and downwards. :rolleyes: I now know that although my mindless binges seem to be under control i still reach for the junk when things are cr*p so this most definately needs to be addressed and i need to find new coping mechanisms to avoid this in future.
I'm not going to beat myself up about my junk fest as its counter productive. All i can do is draw a line, learn from the experience and have a free food fest for the next two days to limit the damage before weigh in. I think the best i can hope for is a STS or 1-2lb gain. So lots of superfree & speed foods today, along with a gallon of water and hot water and lemon..........................fingers crossed for a STS. (although i'm going out Saturday night so a gain maybe on the cards - there's always next week! lol)

Oh Rayven - you shouldn't have to be separated from your children under any circumstances :( I hope you have been in touch with Shelter, CAB and/or the council to make sure you are getting the very best of advice to keep your little family together x

I envy you being your own boss. Best of luck with your new enterprise :D

Today will be an angelic day for both of us ok? Eating rubbish will only make us fat and unhappy so sod that. We deserve only gorgeous, healthy food! :bunnydance:

Moz you always seem soo busy and doing something lol

Spanx no need to slink in with my tail between your legs as we all have these kind of times. Maybe you should have a chat with Smartie - She found the same when she got to the 4 stone stage and was down to a size 18/16 but she's back to losing (she has lost 5 stone now) so maybe she can offer you some better support/tips :D

Rayven i'm sorry to hear you're having such a stressful time and so no one can blame you for comfort eating. ((Big hugs to you)) We all know how it feels to have food as our friend so i wouldn't worry to much as you're getting back on the wagon. I'm sorry to say but you ex and his oh sound really mean. I hope you manage to sort everything out and it doesn't come to point where you could be made homeless and seperated from your girls. Good Luck for WI and everything Xx

Thanks guys! *hugs*
Luckily sausage, i got a call from the council late yesterday & have been offered tenancy of a 3 bed house! *happy dance* Its not in the best area & its a five person house - and we really need a six but its a roof over our heads. Won't be available until mid July which is two weeks after my notice to quit runs out here, but they haven't sold this place yet so as long as they don't need to be out of here by then we can stay until the council house is ready!! YAY!!
And yes sausage today will indeed be angelic! I'm preparing myself for a gain Sunday morning, as i'm going out for a meal Saturday night, but i'm doing damage limitation until then. Fingers crossed for a STS or a small gain. x
And being your own boss is great for working it around the kids etc, but right now i'm working all the hours God sends to get everything up and running. Was up at 6 - pc was on at ten past!!!! lol
Sum - you're right about my ex and his OH. My ex never has had his priorities in the right place - too worried about his own life - & although i've tried desperately to like his OH i think she's a right cow! Have to keep it amicable for the kids though - so as the penguins say, 'smile and wave boys, smile and wave.......' (*from the movie madagascar - if you don't get the reference. lol)
Anyway, heres to a good day. xxx

Thanks guys! *hugs*
Luckily sausage, i got a call from the council late yesterday & have been offered tenancy of a 3 bed house! *happy dance* Its not in the best area & its a five person house - and we really need a six but its a roof over our heads. Won't be available until mid July which is two weeks after my notice to quit runs out here, but they haven't sold this place yet so as long as they don't need to be out of here by then we can stay until the council house is ready!! YAY!!
And yes sausage today will indeed be angelic! I'm preparing myself for a gain Sunday morning, as i'm going out for a meal Saturday night, but i'm doing damage limitation until then. Fingers crossed for a STS or a small gain. x
And being your own boss is great for working it around the kids etc, but right now i'm working all the hours God sends to get everything up and running. Was up at 6 - pc was on at ten past!!!! lol
Sum - you're right about my ex and his OH. My ex never has had his priorities in the right place - too worried about his own life - & although i've tried desperately to like his OH i think she's a right cow! Have to keep it amicable for the kids though - so as the penguins say, 'smile and wave boys, smile and wave.......' (*from the movie madagascar - if you don't get the reference. lol)
Anyway, heres to a good day. xxx

Sounds like things are looking up already Rayven and you have your priorites straight. Ohh I love that film! So i do recognise that quote lol. Good luck of having a good day Xx

Oh and you too sausage :D Good Luck Xx

HUGS to everyone that needs them.

:grouphugg:

Kx

Aww raven that's fantastic news.. Yes it's a roof over your head for now! Get yourself sorted and then try something else if and when you can. Count your blessings for now xxx

Awww Rayven, am sorry things are a bit rubbish for you at the moment, good news about the house!

Anyone know how lovely BlueSmartie is getting on with her date? Am so pleased for her!!! I am looking forward to all the details tomorrow...:)

Back