Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi everyone ive just started today so im now a sunday weigher!! can i join th e club please :)
Im 10st 5lb today.
So here goes im full of enthusisum (at the mo!!)
My 11 week old Joshua, has slept thru the night the last three nights so im hoping ill have the energy to exercise this week too!!
im hoping to loose 2lb this week.

why_d said:
morning all, not sure what's been happening in here, but as we're now on page 196 it looks like it#'s been a busy week!

i STS this week, but good for the majority then the past 2 days i had foods that were rather salty so i'm putting that down to water retention, lol

good luck all

....or what we Girlies call TOTM - lol . I'm sure you are entitled to this too ;)
Loving the new avatar - did you design it.
I am sure the weight will start to come off next week.
BTW - you have been v. Quiet all week - please come and join the bedlam ;)

Rayven said:
*sneaks in the backdoor, hides under the table & whispers ' i gained 2lbs'*
However after a very stressful week it could have been worse, plus i went out with hubby last night (first night in 7 weeks) and had steak, chips, mushrooms, tomato & onion rings followed by dark chocolate tart and cream ( and several bottles of smirnoff ice!)......so all in all i'm quite happy with a 2lb gain! lol

No need to sneak and whisper hun. I think from what you have been going through coupled with what you ate last night ( if you'd had eaten it last monday it would've shifted ) 2lbs is not at all bad - you will def shift it with your willpower and our support this week

JackJane said:
Hello everyone - I am back after 6 weeks of being AWOL and falling off the wagon in spectacular style. I was ill for a few weeks so couldn't be bothered with anything and then have been to Tenerife for 2 weeks so thought I might as well wait until I get back.

Anyway I am back now and weighed in this morning with a 4lb gain which isn't too bad all things considering. I went shopping yesterday so I could start again today.

I have read through all of the posts I have missed and enjoyed catching up on what you have all been doing!

Nice to have you back. Don't be a stranger ;)

Honey39 said:
Hi everyone - guess what? I've been working so hard at it this week, and I've lost two pounds taking me to a new grand total of...

EIGHTY POUNDS LOST!!

Have a big smile. I wanted to do it this week, because it's my fortieth week doing this, and I just really really pushed myself this week. Yay!!!!

My next big goal is to lose 100 lbs for 31 August, and I'm definitely looking at slowing down my weight loss (being realistic, I mean, not deliberate), so I get to my goal for 2011.

God I'm pleased this morning!

......and you should be :wow: 80lbs - that is simply incredible!! That's a whole person - :wow: I am beaming for you too !
What is your goal - if you don't mind me asking?

silly sausage said:
This week I lost 3 lbs, completed my mini-challenge and was booze-free. I am happy enough, but aint bunny dancing as I have a niggle. This is not the lightest I have been this year. I was lighter at the end of March and have been yo-yoing since. It is a move in the right direction, but I have to get under 206 soon otherwise I have kinda wasted the year so far :confused: (I know, it is not a waste because I have been eating healthier and exercising a bit, but you know what I mean)

Will try to power through for next week. Will ponder a new mini-challenge today.

The butter chicken made with quorn was lethal by the way :eek: Way too spicy - and I like spicy. I think I would make it again as I loved the fennel, but would use half the curry powder.

Well done SS. it seems that as soon as you go booze free the weight drops off?
I am dead chuffed for you Hun.

PinkToaster said:
Well, I weighed myself, I'm exactly the same weight I was when I started Slimming World in Dec '09! I have officially put it all back on.

Oh well, the only way is down...

Hi Pink T
Well done for getting on the scales - I think that that is the hardest part of all . That and admitting your weight if it's not what you want to see/hear.

I have done this too and this was when I was at class. I remember thinking what a complete waste of my time and money . And I was completely p*ssed off with it all.

However, once you refocus and decide that you want to lose the weight and you will lose the weight- it is possible

Draw a line under what has happened and your new start is the WI today - week 1.

Make sure you post here and don't disappear - we have all been there and are here for support

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:welcome: Hello Charlie!

Good luck with your weight loss and exercise. I find that even if you exercise a little, you get a better quality of sleep. Aaaww a wee baby on the thread :D

Kwise - you make me sound like an old lush LOL but you are right. It is not just the syns in alcohol, it is the bad food choices it makes me make and the hungry hangovers. Chucking it is a three pronged attack :D

Honey39 said:
Hi everyone - guess what? I've been working so hard at it this week, and I've lost two pounds taking me to a new grand total of...

EIGHTY POUNDS LOST!!

Have a big smile. I wanted to do it this week, because it's my fortieth week doing this, and I just really really pushed myself this week. Yay!!!!

My next big goal is to lose 100 lbs for 31 August, and I'm definitely looking at slowing down my weight loss (being realistic, I mean, not deliberate), so I get to my goal for 2011.

Wowwwwwwwww congratulations honey xxxxxxxxxx

silly sausage said:
This week I lost 3 lbs, completed my mini-challenge and was booze-free. I am happy enough, but aint bunny dancing as I have a niggle. This is not the lightest I have been this year. I was lighter at the end of March and have been yo-yoing since. It is a move in the right direction, but I have to get under 206 soon otherwise I have kinda wasted the year so far :confused: (I know, it is not a waste because I have been eating healthier and exercising a bit, but you know what I mean)

Will try to power through for next week. Will ponder a new mini-challenge today.

The butter chicken made with quorn was lethal by the way :eek: Way too spicy - and I like spicy. I think I would make it again as I loved the fennel, but would use half the curry powder.

Congratulations :) don't lose heart, like you said yourself this is a life style change and you will be under soon.

Awww Sausage, I know this feeling all too well (I got stuck for about 12 weeks last year). All I can say is dig deep, keep yourslef motivated and get as many 100% days as you can. Once you get past 206 you will be entering new territory, which is a great feeling lol. That <200 is just within your reach, focus on that when the wine fairies attack and ask yourself what you want more every time temptation is around.

Your loss today shows that you can still lose, but dare I say it :eek: you have lost your consistency (I said it :D) I know times have been tough recently, broken toothy pegs and I-touch's and way too many bank holidays. But thats history now, now is the time to strap yourself in the saddle (with gaffa tape if needed) and ride off to the promised land of -200 :D

You will get there, because I know you're a determined wee lass :D

Thanks Smartiebob :D You are so right - I have lost my consistency. Come to think of it, I can't rememer the last time I had a 100% week :eek:

OK, you have made my new mini-challenge dead obvious to me now. I will be 100% every day for the next week. It sounds easy and it does work, so why can I not stick to it? :doh: Cheers mate xxx

Well4lbs off for me after my blip last week. Thank god. My mini challenge (copyright Silly Sausage - who frankly as sausages go - isn't that silly!) for the week was to eat more S and SS superfrees - which I logged on another thread daily to keep me on track. Think I'll stay on it for another week.

Woodland Gal and Kwise
- Hey!! In the 10's - that's brilliant. It's so much harder when your nearer target too so good for you!! Promotion awaits!!

Gail - Still heading in the right direction which is fab. Gourmet weight?? You must tell me!!

Why d- Totally agree. Salt is a devil and I find you crave nasty things too.

Rayven
- I remember you saying at the beginning of the week hun that you were working a lot this week etc.. Sounds like a good night though and frankly life still goes on...have a good week

Pinky - Go for it. (closes eyes) We're not looking - honest!! You know your in a good place for this and NO ONE judges. (I love all you guys. )
- At least you haven't gained more than you had originally...that's got to be better. A friend of mine on Slimfast (I tried to tell her...) lost 5 stone and when she started eating again gained 5 back and another 3 on top.

Jane - Welcome back.

Honey - 80lbs!!! You are so cool....edging ever nearer to your century. Where are your SW stickers cos I'd say you have earnt them and then some!!

Sausage - Fab loss. Don't dwell on what you were just keep on trucking. I got the idea for mini weekly challenges from your posts so thank you so much!! I might stay on the S and SS mini challenge this week.

Charlie - Welcome!! Every journey begins with the first step and all that guff. Have you done SW before? I am finding it just amazing. Everyone on this site is mega supportive so you are in good hands - Good luck!!

It sounds easy and it does work, so why can I not stick to it? :doh: Cheers mate xxx

Maybe thats something you should think about? I know for me it happened when I had lost 4 stone and I, well, felt great haha. It was almost as if I had 'made it'. Then the little extras started creeping in and I would either gain or stay the same. Have a good week and lose, following week extras = gain...... And so it went on :(

It was tough to get back to it 100%, but like I say, once I got past the point at which I got stuck - it was new territory. I think it took 3 weeks of 100% to get past it and get my mojo back.

2 off for me!!! But bear in mind that took me 2 weeks!!!
I am now under 11 stone though :)

Best wishes to everyone!

Well done Woodland girl - I love that feeling of elation from getting into a new stone bracket! :clap:

WOW - well done Woodland girl. Fantastic result. And a new stone too :)

1lb off for me :) which is the last of my 'gourmet' weight off. Looking forward to moving forward again.

Gail x

Well done Gail - I knew it wouldn't take you long to get that gain off! :D

OMG OMG - 1 lb off for me taking me for the first time in over 5 years in the 10 stone bracket - I am so very very happy - can you see my Cheshire cat beam??

Woohoo! That's fab Kwise! Wondered why it was so bright out there, must be your beam! :happy096:

i STS this week, but good for the majority then the past 2 days i had foods that were rather salty so i'm putting that down to water retention, lol

Could well be Why_d - good luck for next week! :)

*sneaks in the backdoor, hides under the table & whispers ' i gained 2lbs'*
However after a very stressful week it could have been worse, plus i went out with hubby last night (first night in 7 weeks) and had steak, chips, mushrooms, tomato & onion rings followed by dark chocolate tart and cream ( and several bottles of smirnoff ice!)......so all in all i'm quite happy with a 2lb gain! lol

Sounds like you deserved your treat after a stressy week, so at least you enjoyed the reason behind the gain! I'm sure it will come off quickly!

Hello everyone - I am back after 6 weeks of being AWOL and falling off the wagon in spectacular style. I was ill for a few weeks so couldn't be bothered with anything and then have been to Tenerife for 2 weeks so thought I might as well wait until I get back.

Anyway I am back now and weighed in this morning with a 4lb gain which isn't too bad all things considering. I went shopping yesterday so I could start again today.

I have read through all of the posts I have missed and enjoyed catching up on what you have all been doing!

A 4lb gain for 6 weeks off the wagon is pretty good going! Good luck for getting back on track this week... :fingerscrossed:

EIGHTY POUNDS LOST!!

Wow - well done Honey, that's fantastic! I've no doubt that you'll reach your targets too, you sound so determined! :happy096:

It sounds like you had a really good week SillySausage, so celebrate that and the fact that you've rediscovered your mojo - you'll get back down to your lowest weight this year - and beyond - very soon if you keep this up! :clap:

Well, I weighed myself, I'm exactly the same weight I was when I started Slimming World in Dec '09! I have officially put it all back on.

Oh well, the only way is down...

Welcome back PinkToaster and good luck for your journey. I was in a similar position, having lost a lot of weight in 2003 with SW and then put it all back on and a lot more besides. At least you know you can do it and that SW works for you! :cross:

Hi everyone ive just started today so im now a sunday weigher!! can i join th e club please :)
Im 10st 5lb today.
So here goes im full of enthusisum (at the mo!!)
My 11 week old Joshua, has slept thru the night the last three nights so im hoping ill have the energy to exercise this week too!!
im hoping to loose 2lb this week.

Welcome CharlieC and good luck! :fingerscrossed:

I managed 1lb this week - I was hoping for a bit more to be honest, after a STS last week, but still, it's 1lb closer to my target! I had a bit of a dip this week, lost my mojo a bit, but it's well and truly back and I've got my lovely friends on Minimins to thank for that!

Good luck to everyone yet to WI xxx

Hi everyone!
Well have stayed the same this week, think the wine and cake I had to toast Wills and Kate must have caught up with me! More determined than ever to be 100% now this week. Congratulations to everyone who lost.

Well I weighed myself today and Im 18 stone 2lbs! really annoyed because I have lost over 3 stones previously with sw and put it all back on. well back to the grindstone now

:welcome: Charlie . I must have been posting same time as you - as I completely missed ure post.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

**Walking in with tail between legs**

Sorry for really late post! Had a really good week eating wise up until Friday night and then fell off the wagon a bit! Ended up eating takeaway on Friday night and had a hen night meal out last night.

Not sure how it resulted in a 4lb gain - didn't think I had overdone it that much. Think quite a bit of that may be down to fact ate and drank quite late last night. Drawing a line under it though and will carry on and hopefully take most of it back off next week.

Why_D - have you stopped your food diary on here? Well done on maintaining. Loving you new pic. Suits you sir :D

i've gotten out of the way of filling it in. would prob be a good idea to start again, lol

....or what we Girlies call TOTM - lol . I'm sure you are entitled to this too ;)
Loving the new avatar - did you design it.
I am sure the weight will start to come off next week.
BTW - you have been v. Quiet all week - please come and join the bedlam ;)

thanks Kwise, it was a charicature i got done at a Polish food festival i was at (hence the salty food, lol)

i've kinda gotten outta the way to looking in every day and then get a bit lost as you're all such a bunch of chatterboxes, lol

Back