Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done Spanx !!

What d'ya think the mystical strawberry does for weight loss ??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been wondering that too K, so I've just had a quick google and this is what I came up with:

'Sweet and tart strawberries are the perfect way to enjoy the season and are a healthy food to eat to lose weight. These flavorful, juicy berries make a wonderful healthy snack or dessert. Packed with powerful antioxidants strawberries can turn on your fat-burning hormone adiponectin. They can help reduce inflammation and make your weight loss hormone, leptin, do its job of increasing metabolism and curbing cravings. Exciting research now shows that eating strawberries can help control blood sugar, providing nutritional support to help fight diabetes, pre-diabetes or the metabolic syndrome.

strawberry.jpg
Strawberries are also a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. One cup of strawberries has only 49 calories, and contains the minerals magnesium, potassium and calcium. Eating high nutrient density foods such as strawberries, with lots of nutrition for the calories consumed, is a key to weight loss and healthy eating. Studies indicate that strawberries may be great brain food, helping to keep the brain young and fit. With these health benefits, it’s no wonder strawberries are highlighted in the recipes of our book, The Fat Resistance Diet.'

So it looks as though I'll be munching on them all summer!!!! :D

Woohoo lots of good losses this week!

:talk017:

Honey - don't cry or you'll set us all off! :)

Well done Kwise on achieving "healthy" :bunnydance:

Hello and welcome to Nettie :D

Hugs for Rayven - hope you get your car sorted soon.

Will have a proper read later. Trying to extract my kids from their beds so we can go for a swim.

Craybia - I saw you mention about swimmng on the other thread. Nobody sees your legs when you are in the water (unless you are doing mad synchronised swimming handstands in the water with your daughter) I think you should just go for it!

Hey, 3lbs off for me this week which was all Red. I quite like Red days, cutting down on the carbs and been eating LOTS of Salad. :) Well done everyone on your losses. xx

Well done Why_d - how has your social week been??
Can I convince you to post more as we seem to be losing you on here - and I miss your banter!!!!

Kx

think i just ate out the once this week, and that was Nandos so not too bad, lol

in saying that i'm going to see Spamalot tomorrow night with dinner first and the menu of the place i'm going isnt online which is a pain so god knows what i'll end up eating, lol

i know i should get in the way of getting on here a bit more often and getting back to keeping my food diary etc, but food has been mostly boring or things i shouldnt be admitting to lol - will try and make an effort this week!

Good morning everyone!
Some fab losses again - a 1lb off for me which is a bit disappointing as it is my first week back on plan but I am so used to losing weight slowly it didn't really come as a big surprise. I will just keep plodding on!

I've been wondering that too K, so I've just had a quick google and this is what I came up with:

'Sweet and tart strawberries are the perfect way to enjoy the season and are a healthy food to eat to lose weight. These flavorful, juicy berries make a wonderful healthy snack or dessert. Packed with powerful antioxidants strawberries can turn on your fat-burning hormone adiponectin. They can help reduce inflammation and make your weight loss hormone, leptin, do its job of increasing metabolism and curbing cravings. Exciting research now shows that eating strawberries can help control blood sugar, providing nutritional support to help fight diabetes, pre-diabetes or the metabolic syndrome.

strawberry.jpg
Strawberries are also a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. One cup of strawberries has only 49 calories, and contains the minerals magnesium, potassium and calcium. Eating high nutrient density foods such as strawberries, with lots of nutrition for the calories consumed, is a key to weight loss and healthy eating. Studies indicate that strawberries may be great brain food, helping to keep the brain young and fit. With these health benefits, it’s no wonder strawberries are highlighted in the recipes of our book, The Fat Resistance Diet.'

So it looks as though I'll be munching on them all summer!!!! :D

i do tend to get through lots of strawberries! tesco usually have 2 for £3 or the likes and tend to stock up, they're classed as a super speed food in the SW books

Kwise1 said:
I always type same time as you and so don't know you've posted til I see someone else congratulating you .
I had the same as you 3lb loss and aye loadsa strawbs and melon and drunk water - I will see if this works next week.

Well done on your excellent weight loss

2lb is a fantastic weight loss Nettie. If you lose small amounts weekly you are more inclined to keep it off. ;)

Honey - that is fabulous - I am shedding a tear for you too Hun. 82lbs (quick calculation in head) isn't that about 5-6 stone????? That's such a wonderful loss!!! You should be more than proud - I'm proud of you!!

Well done Why_d - how has your social week been??
Can I convince you to post more as we seem to be losing you on here - and I miss your banter!!!!

Kx

Strawberrys and Melon are definitely the way to go along with water and green tea. God I sound healthy lol x

Wilkin87 said:
Hey, 3lbs off for me this week which was all Red. I quite like Red days, cutting down on the carbs and been eating LOTS of Salad. :) Well done everyone on your losses. xx

:welcome: from me Wilkin87 and well done on your weight loss ;)

why_d said:
think i just ate out the once this week, and that was Nandos so not too bad, lol

in saying that i'm going to see Spamalot tomorrow night with dinner first and the menu of the place i'm going isnt online which is a pain so god knows what i'll end up eating, lol

i know i should get in the way of getting on here a bit more often and getting back to keeping my food diary etc, but food has been mostly boring or things i shouldnt be admitting to lol - will try and make an effort this week!

Glad to hear it- otherwise I think you may disappear off the radar!! Plus we need a bit of male sanity on here

silly sausage said:
Anyhoo, I lost 2.5 this week despite my glitch.

This takes me, for the first time, to my halfway point. Should be downhill all the way now :rolleyes: lol

Oh and I got club 20 hehehe!

Yay!!!!!!!! That's fab SS - well done you.

JackJane said:
Good morning everyone!
Some fab losses again - a 1lb off for me which is a bit disappointing as it is my first week back on plan but I am so used to losing weight slowly it didn't really come as a big surprise. I will just keep plodding on!

Well done - that's a fantastic loss - and if you weigh it on a scales you can appreciate how heavy a pound is!!!

Kx

Morning my lovely sunday weighers! Sorry I have been quite absent this week - we have a new addition to the family in the form of a new puppy! 12 month old GSD rescue so have been spending a lot of my time helping him to settle in.

Had a fairly decent week and have lost the 4lbs that I put on last week! Could have done better but not going to feel bad about it. I am back to my lowest.

and I know I say this every week but I really need to concetrate this week - I seem to have been yo yoing lately and would like to have small consistent losses again! Going to be really good all week as next weeks weigh in is going to be odd - I am going on a hen do to York races at 10am Saturday morning and will not be getting in till 1am Sunday. Am going to try and be sensible whilst out but not sure scales will reflect my week correctly on Sunday weigh in.

As predicted it's totm and 2lb on for me. I have felt v bloated this week however. I can't say in the past that this has ever affected me but to keep me sane and on track we'll put it down to that.;)

Apologies if I've missed anyone and I'll pop in again later.

Woodland Gal
- Brilliant! Edging ever closer!

Dawn - Nice one..I only wish my scales had 0.25 increments. I've got one of those big old scales that I can just about read!

Charlie - 2lbs down and out - you've obviously worked hard. I bought some recipe books and they've kept me on track.

Spanx - Another vote for strawbs - off to Morrisons I go! Well done!

Why d- Fab loss hun. Slower but always going in the right direction!

Rayven - Same here hun. You're in good company. We have the ups and the downs but the downs make the ups feel that little bit more fabulous - and just to underline for everyone - I'm not saying we're bipolar!

Mavey - What a great loss!! Totally with you on the melon and strawbs and will following your lead next week!

Kwise - You go girl!! £lbs off AND 25 BMI - we are not worthy!!:worthy:

Nettie - Fab. 2lb loss is fab. Don't get downhearted with other huge losses. I have a LOT to lose but when I get into it lose 1 to 2lbs a week which is steady and what you want really. I don't want fast weight loss and to be left looking like a flying squirrel with me bingo wings flapping in the wind!! :D

Honey - You should be proud of yourself babycakes because you have achieved an amazing thing. You are an inspiration to many and if you have to take a moment to absorb it and realise - good for you!!:grouphugg:

x

STS for me. I had hoped that all my water drinking and exercise might have cancelled out my meal out! Better than a gain I suppose. I have another meal out next week though. What a pain being social is.

BBC News Report

After a bumper crop of strawberries, this year there seems to have been an unprecedented increase in demand. This has led to strawberry shortages everywhere and punnets of strawberries reaching an impressive £9.99 a punnet. We asked a grower how he felt about this sudden demand.

"Well Huw, I put it down to a specific thread on a weight loss website...Can I just thank the SW Sunday weighers for putting all three of my children through university."

:D:D:D:D:D

Potatogirl said:
BBC News Report

After a bumper crop of strawberries, this year there seems to have been an unprecedented increase in demand. This has led to strawberry shortages everywhere and punnets of strawberries reaching an impressive £9.99 a punnet. We asked a grower how he felt about this sudden demand.

"Well Huw, I put it down to a specific thread on a weight loss website...Can I just thank the SW Sunday weighers for putting all three of my children through university."

Lol potato girl!!

Kx

BBC News Report

haha i thought that was real until I saw the SW bit... I was thinking a tenner for strawberries! crikey! pmsl :D

1 lb off :) happy me!!
Yay WG. :)

1.25lb off for me - that 0.25 is very important!! :D

Well done. I'm delighted for you. Hope you have another good week.

I've lost 2lb I'm really pleased!! It's not loads but it's a start.
I've ordered some recipe books off the Internet this week so they should help me this week.
I'm really loving it!!

How do I update my weight on the side of my posts??
Fantastic result Charlie. Doesn't matter how much it is, it all adds up. Before you know it, you'll look back and realise that all those 0.5's, 1's and 2's add up. Recipe books will help but search this site too - there's soooo much stuff here.

Updating weight - click on the box at the side of your post and you can update from there.

Seriously in need of a kick up the bum! Gained another 2lbs!!!! GRRRR!!!!
Rayven, I know things have been difficult for you. Not that surprising that food has gone out the window. Hopefully things will settle soon and you can get back on plan. Just do your best. *hugs*

3lb off for me after my sts last week.

Brilliant. I'm so pleased for you. 3lb is a bonus too !

I can't quite believe it, but I've lost 3lbs :wow: Don't think I've lost this much ever!!
This makes my BMI 25 (healthy) and my second target reached!!!!!
Wow. That's amazing. :bliss::thankyouthankyou::winner: I'm so delighted for you. You must feel on top of the world :)

I just had my first weigh in and i've lost 2lbs! wanted a bigger loss but i have had a few blips throughout the week so i think i should thank myself lucky!

Hi Nettie, as I said earlier all those little bits add up. 2lb is a solid start and is a good foundation to work on. Well done.

Okay, this is going to be sound a bit odd, but I have a bit of a tear in my eye (happiness!) because I've lost 2 lbs, taking me to 82 lbs lost.
Honey - it doesn't sound odd. It is just fantastic. You deserve every pound of that and all those still to come :)

morning all 1lb off for me. coming slow at the moment, but it's still coming off!

Absolutely. Every 1lb is a lb in the right direction :)

Hey, 3lbs off for me this week which was all Red.

Great. Well done you. I find red days quite difficult myself but do whatever works for you.

This takes me, for the first time, to my halfway point. Should be downhill all the way now :rolleyes: lol

What a star sausage. I know things have been difficult for you but it's so great to see you still here. Fantastic victories and well deserved.

1lb off for me which is a bit disappointing as it is my first week back on plan but I am so used to losing weight slowly it didn't really come as a big surprise. I will just keep plodding on!

1lb is 1lb and it will add to all the other 'just 1lbs' which will add up the stones that you want to lose. Welcome back.

Morning my lovely sunday weighers! Sorry I have been quite absent this week - we have a new addition to the family in the form of a new puppy! 12 month old GSD rescue so have been spending a lot of my time helping him to settle in.

Had a fairly decent week and have lost the 4lbs that I put on last week! Could have done better but not going to feel bad about it. I am back to my lowest.

Awwww lovely. Any pics ???? 4lb is great. You have clearly worked hard at that so now next week is going down into new territory. Exciting :D

As predicted it's totm and 2lb on for me. I have felt v bloated this week however. I can't say in the past that this has ever affected me but to keep me sane and on track we'll put it down to that.;)

These things happen. We have gains for all sorts of reasons. Keep at it and hopefully next week will be a good one.

STS for me. I had hoped that all my water drinking and exercise might have cancelled out my meal out! Better than a gain I suppose. I have another meal out next week though. What a pain being social is.

I understand that. However STS is fine. Hope next week is good.

BBC News Report

Ha ha ha ha ha !! Thanks for that. Made me smile !

Well, I have lost 5lbs. That gives me my 5.5 stone shiny. I am really pleased but have had an odd couple of days so I suspect that 5lb was a falsely low weight. I knew I was going to lose, but probably lost a bit more than I should have done due to not much food and quite a bit of alcohol yesterday :eek:. My aim for next week therefore is STS because I'm sure that even by tomorrow I will weigh quite a bit more than that.

My other news is that I ran 10km today. All in one go. I am just so amazed. I was a bit emotional and a bit teary as I approached the finish line - 5.5 stone and 10km is pretty 'head bending'.

Gail x

WOW Gail - that is a fine collection of shinies (sp?) you have there! Congratulations :bunnydance: And well done on running 10km without being chased :eek:

LOL @ Potatogirl - you win nutjob of the week :winner: (against some very stiff competition I might add!)

The strawberries in the shops are lovely just now. Got two punnets today. My daughter, to distract herself from studying :rolleyes:, has taken to dipping them in melted chocolate then putting them in the fridge to set. I had some last week and they were amazing. I guessed 2 syns each...does that sound about right?

Also got melons, grapefruit and broccoli today. It suddenly dawned on me today that if I have a gain next week I will be back on the wrong side of half-way. I don't think I could stand it!!! :eek: Very important week ahead.

1 lb off :) happy me!!

Well Done Woodland girl! :D

Morning all

Doesn't Sunday come round quickly!!

1.25lb off for me - that 0.25 is very important!! :D

Pleased because I haven't had the most stringent of weeks - although when I have focussed I have remained focussed I had 2 days were it simply was not going to happen because of longstanding arrangements.

Good Luck all!!

D x

Well done dizzydawnie and i agree the 0.25 is very important :D

Hey everyone,
Just weighed in and I'm 10st 3!!! That means I've lost 2lb I'm really pleased!! It's not loads but it's a start.
I've ordered some recipe books off the Internet this week so they should help me this week.
I'm really loving it!!

How do I update my weight on the side of my posts??

Look forward to seeing how everyones doing xxxxx

Charlie 2lbs is amazing - I wish i was your weight :p Well done on your fabbie loss :D

Seriously in need of a kick up the bum! Gained another 2lbs!!!! GRRRR!!!!
In my defence - (i know its an excuse really) - the car has been off the road since last Saturday & living in the back end of nowhere means i haven't been able to go shopping so we have been living off whats in the freezer.....my fridge & cuboards are pretty much bare. No fruit, no fresh veg, no eggs, no breakfast cereal, no mullerlights.........My fridge currently has milk, garlic, low fat cheese & half a lettuce. My kitchen cuboard has a couple of tins of tomatos, pasta, cous cous & rice. Gotta dig some chicken breasts out of the freezer for tonight.......its a BAD SW situation! (although last night i did throw together a SW shepards pie - but that doesn't really balance out the high fat sausages we had the day before!!)
So the MIL is going shopping for me this morning for a few essentials, but need to get back on track before it ALL ends up going back on!!!

Well done for posting Rayven and you're trying to do get back on the SW wagon so i hope you get your SW stock back in the house soon!

Hi Everyone, hope you are all ok? 3lb off for me after my sts last week. Am thrilled, my tips are loads of melon and strawberries and drinking gallons of water. Congrats to everyone who has lost.

:talk017: 3lbs is a fantastic loss - I'm now going to go buy more strawberries and melon

I can't quite believe it, but I've lost 3lbs :wow: Don't think I've lost this much ever!!
This makes my BMI 25 (healthy) and my second target reached!!!!!

I'm a happy wise today :)

Good luck to you all

Kx

:talk017: 3lbs is a fantastic loss K! You must be well pleased as you're doing so well

morning all you lovely sunday weighers. Well done to everyone who has lost and chin up to those who havent, I'm sure next week will be better :) :)
I just had my first weigh in and i've lost 2lbs! wanted a bigger loss but i have had a few blips throughout the week so i think i should thank myself lucky!

Well Done on your 2lbs loss :D

Hello all,

Okay, this is going to be sound a bit odd, but I have a bit of a tear in my eye (happiness!) because I've lost 2 lbs, taking me to 82 lbs lost. I have no idea why I'm so moved with this weigh in this morning, but I feel kind of overwhelmed. I was braced for a gain, because I ate some chips and haven't walked much the last two days, but the scales showed that I am well into the 260s. I just feel so moved, I think I'm going to have a little cry. How odd....

Looks like a pretty good weigh-in so far - and we're all early weighers!

Honey you are doing so well - Your so inspirational :D

morning all 1lb off for me. coming slow at the moment, but it's still coming off!

Woohoo Mr consistent another pound down - You're doing fantastically :D

Well done you fabulous lot! :happy096::happy096::clap::clap:

2lbs off for me this week - really pleased with that! Another vote for the superspeed strawberries here, I've eaten them every day this week, so they've done the trick!

Takes me to a BMI of under 30 too, so I'm even more ecstatic about that. Never thought I would be so happy to be 'overweight'!!!

Good luck to everyone yet to WI. xxx

:party0019: Spanx that is brillaint!

Well Done Wilkin87 - I don't think i've seen to post before so Hi. If you have posted before i'm sorry i missed you

Woohoo sausage :party0038: Thats amazing and Yays about your club 20!

Good morning everyone!

Its a pound in the right direction JackJane - Well Done :D

and I know I say this every week but I really need to concetrate this week - I seem to have been yo yoing lately and would like to have small consistent losses again! Going to be really good all week as next weeks weigh in is going to be odd - I am going on a hen do to York races at 10am Saturday morning and will not be getting in till 1am Sunday. Am going to try and be sensible whilst out but not sure scales will reflect my week correctly on Sunday weigh in.

Awwww puppies are so cute! Well don on your loss :D

Apologies if I've missed anyone and I'll pop in again later.

Woodland Gal
- Brilliant! Edging ever closer!

Dawn - Nice one..I only wish my scales had 0.25 increments. I've got one of those big old scales that I can just about read!

Charlie - 2lbs down and out - you've obviously worked hard. I bought some recipe books and they've kept me on track.

Spanx - Another vote for strawbs - off to Morrisons I go! Well done!

Why d- Fab loss hun. Slower but always going in the right direction!

Rayven - Same here hun. You're in good company. We have the ups and the downs but the downs make the ups feel that little bit more fabulous - and just to underline for everyone - I'm not saying we're bipolar!

Mavey - What a great loss!! Totally with you on the melon and strawbs and will following your lead next week!

Kwise - You go girl!! £lbs off AND 25 BMI - we are not worthy!!:worthy:

Nettie - Fab. 2lb loss is fab. Don't get downhearted with other huge losses. I have a LOT to lose but when I get into it lose 1 to 2lbs a week which is steady and what you want really. I don't want fast weight loss and to be left looking like a flying squirrel with me bingo wings flapping in the wind!! :D

Honey - You should be proud of yourself babycakes because you have achieved an amazing thing. You are an inspiration to many and if you have to take a moment to absorb it and realise - good for you!!:grouphugg:

x

I wouldn't worry too much Potatogirl as its star week for you so that weight will come off next week :D

Well done on your STS as it is better than a gain - Good luck for next week :D

BBC News Report

Hahahaha this made my day!

Yay WG. :)

Well done. I'm delighted for you. Hope you have another good week.

Fantastic result Charlie. Doesn't matter how much it is, it all adds up. Before you know it, you'll look back and realise that all those 0.5's, 1's and 2's add up. Recipe books will help but search this site too - there's soooo much stuff here.

Updating weight - click on the box at the side of your post and you can update from there.

Rayven, I know things have been difficult for you. Not that surprising that food has gone out the window. Hopefully things will settle soon and you can get back on plan. Just do your best. *hugs*

Brilliant. I'm so pleased for you. 3lb is a bonus too !

Wow. That's amazing. :bliss::thankyouthankyou::winner: I'm so delighted for you. You must feel on top of the world :)

Hi Nettie, as I said earlier all those little bits add up. 2lb is a solid start and is a good foundation to work on. Well done.

Honey - it doesn't sound odd. It is just fantastic. You deserve every pound of that and all those still to come :)

Absolutely. Every 1lb is a lb in the right direction :)

Great. Well done you. I find red days quite difficult myself but do whatever works for you.

What a star sausage. I know things have been difficult for you but it's so great to see you still here. Fantastic victories and well deserved.

1lb is 1lb and it will add to all the other 'just 1lbs' which will add up the stones that you want to lose. Welcome back.

Awwww lovely. Any pics ???? 4lb is great. You have clearly worked hard at that so now next week is going down into new territory. Exciting :D

These things happen. We have gains for all sorts of reasons. Keep at it and hopefully next week will be a good one.

I understand that. However STS is fine. Hope next week is good.

Ha ha ha ha ha !! Thanks for that. Made me smile !

Well, I have lost 5lbs. That gives me my 5.5 stone shiny. I am really pleased but have had an odd couple of days so I suspect that 5lb was a falsely low weight. I knew I was going to lose, but probably lost a bit more than I should have done due to not much food and quite a bit of alcohol yesterday :eek:. My aim for next week therefore is STS because I'm sure that even by tomorrow I will weigh quite a bit more than that.

My other news is that I ran 10km today. All in one go. I am just so amazed. I was a bit emotional and a bit teary as I approached the finish line - 5.5 stone and 10km is pretty 'head bending'.

Gail x

Well done gail! a 5lbs loss is still a 5lbs loss no matter what :D :party0049::party0038: on completing a 10km! That is amazing!

Hope i haven't missed anyone out - sorry if i have

Sorry to bring the thread down from the amazing high of all these brillaint losses but i've have a stressful and quite crappy day which lead to emtional eating (damn) and so i'm not expecting a loss this week. Though i may not WI on tuesday as its my friends birthday and she's a bit down as noone at her uni wants to do anything so i may go and cheer her up - Will see how things turn out Xx

Back