Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Woodland girl said:
Today I had to teach a lesson to year 6 on os maps and the teacher neglected to send me any plans or prepare material as promised. Grr.

Sometimes supply teachers are not treated too well!

Then cycling home a car pulled out of a car park while driver looking the other way and hit me! I managed to swerve and avoid most of the blow but she hit my pannier. Thankfully the low fat spread I had in it from lunch took the impact and not my laptop!! I didn't fall off but was so shook up. So was she to be fair but maybe she will actually look from now on.

I had a beer when I got in. I have been hit before, properly and fractured my spine and don't want to go through that again! My neck is sore from the jerk but soooo thankful as it could have been much worse

Would love to sit and read in the quiet now but my neighbours tv is blaring.
Sigh

Bring on a new day....
X

Woody you should go to a&e to make sure you're ok.. Get yourself checked out x

nettie said:
I'm new here so not sure about blue smartie...

Hi Nettie
Was just asking everyone generally- but looks like I missed her post so need to look back

TheMissus said:
Still floating around but very busy at the mo so not had a chance to catch up with posts or check in much. I'm minus 3lbs this week, so a pound off my 4 and a half stone mark :)

Hope everyone is well! xx

That's brilliant TheMissus- so what stopped your plateau??

silly sausage said:
Well done Missus! :bunnydance: You will have that new shiney in no time.

Smartie posted last night about her date and how her son thought her new squeeze was only 20 :D

I can't get warm today :confused: Got a jumper, duvet, heating on and am so cold my bones are sore. Will give the cross trainer a miss tonight and have a pot of tea instead. Apart from that, all is well. Brown pasta is nicer than white - that's my new discovery :p

You sound poorly. When I'm tired I get very cold indeed!
Not sure I agree with you on the pasta front lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah rosie, bless you, I am absolutely fine thank you. Just jerked myself at the time as I got a fright. She didn't even hit hard enough for me to fall as I swerved away. Thanks though xx

It's a day for silly drivers - a man in a White van (no surprise) was flying through a small, packed car park with limited visibility. Luckily I saw him coming and anticipated that he wouldn't slow down! If I hadn't seen him I think it might have resulted in a bump. My poor car can't take much more.

I recommend a nice bath. Might help your neck and calm your nerves a bit.

hi all wi tonght and lost half so please with that. hopefully will be able to post pics and stuff soon on here. not allowed with being new.

Glad you weren't too badly hurt on your bike. I hate people that drive around not looking.

Do you wonder if all this fat we are peeing out will block the sewers???

Ha! That almost made me snort coffee down my nostrils!

I lost 3 lbs this week so ive lost 2 stones now.

Well done Roziee! :clap:

Still floating around but very busy at the mo so not had a chance to catch up with posts or check in much. I'm minus 3lbs this week, so a pound off my 4 and a half stone mark :)

Fantastic loss TheMissus! :happy096: Good luck for your new shiny next week!

Today I had to teach a lesson to year 6 on os maps and the teacher neglected to send me any plans or prepare material as promised. Grr.

Sometimes supply teachers are not treated too well!

Then cycling home a car pulled out of a car park while driver looking the other way and hit me! I managed to swerve and avoid most of the blow but she hit my pannier. Thankfully the low fat spread I had in it from lunch took the impact and not my laptop!! I didn't fall off but was so shook up. So was she to be fair but maybe she will actually look from now on.

I had a beer when I got in. I have been hit before, properly and fractured my spine and don't want to go through that again! My neck is sore from the jerk but soooo thankful as it could have been much worse

Would love to sit and read in the quiet now but my neighbours tv is blaring.
Sigh

Bring on a new day....
X

Glad you managed to get out of the way to some extent WG, but not surprised you're a bit shaken up. I agree with the nice warm bath suggestion - hope you don't have any aches and pains in the morning!

hi all wi tonght and lost half so please with that. hopefully will be able to post pics and stuff soon on here. not allowed with being new.

Glad you weren't too badly hurt on your bike. I hate people that drive around not looking.

Hello and well done craybia! :clap:

My aim to have a good loss before my hols is taking a bit of a beating this week - a business meeting spilled over into a restaurant lunch today and I'm seeing another potential client for dinner tomorrow night. :sigh: I have just about managed to stay within syns today and will do my best to do the same tomorrow, but as we're having a curry I know it won't be easy - onion bhajis and naan bread are two of my favourite things!!!

Oh dear :eek: Hope you are both ok and not too rattled, Woodland Girl and Pinkie xx

Well done Craybia! Half a pound is teeny so is a great start to your maintenance :bunnydance:

Good luck with your curry Spanx. If you believe the saying that the first mouthful tastes as good as the last, then just steal a little bit of bhaji and naan off someone else so you don't feel like you are missing out :D

Good morning!! How is everyone? I had a 100% day yesterday, and did loads of walking (just under 11k steps). Didn't do so well on the water front though.

Feels like I've been doing this for so long it's ingrained now - weird, huh? I am less panicked about having to go away at the end of the week, because I know that I will stick to this and keep going, and two days away for work isn't going to stop me. Although I still get irritated about times when I have to make poor food choices due to lack of availability of healthy food.

I know what you mean about ingrained Honey, I am just on autopilot now. Been at SW 26 months. It just becomes your way of life, which I think is a good thing as it is normal rather than being on a 'diet'

Well Done Missus thats brilliant! :D

Well Done craybia - it must feel fantastic to be maintaining now?

WG and toastie i hope you both are ok and hugs to you both ((Hugs))

mmmm a curry sounds amazing Spanx! Good luck with resisting the naan bread and onion bhajis and hope you have a wonderful day :D

Honey its fantastic that you feel so happy with SW that its integrated into your everyday life :D

Morning to you too roziee - Have a good day at work

Right so i won't be WI today guys sorry as i'm off to see my friend at uni as its her 21st birthday and so can't get to class (I promise its not the fear of the scales :rolleyes: lol). We're going out for a birthday meal for her so i will try not to do too much damage and be good :p I will try and go to another class over the week if i can make it if not then i'll just have to WI for both weeks next tuesday

Hope everyones having a good day :D Xx

Morning. I am enjoying Honey and Craybia's talk of SW being ingrained in them. If you do anything for long enough, good or bad, it will become a habit. Perhaps the longer someone has been making bad food choices, the longer it takes for good choices to become their default habit. This is why I hope so much that the thread's young members (Sum, Emma, Pinkie for example) do well. They have had less years to develop bad habits. If they crack healthy eating and exercise now when they are still young, they will be set for life :)

Have fun tonight Sum. Am I the only one here not going out tonight??? Nevermind, I have my broccoli for tea tonight so I am as happy as a pig :rolleyes:

I cant wait for sw to become a habit. I had a 100% day yesterday and it felt so good to know I really can do it and quite easily if I just plan!
Well done to everyone.... were a very achieving little group... sunday weighers rule lol :)

The meals are very second nature to me now, it's just the snacking and nights out which are the problem!

I bought some Tupperware and made lots of pasta for my lunch this week... I'm sat at work and guess where the pasta is? Yep. Still in the freezer at home!

Looks like it's low fat instant noodles for lunch.

You know- I am beginning to feel the same about slimming world. And you know something else?.. I'm applying the same rule "Repeating things eventually become habit" in a couple of other areas in my life and they too are beginning to become second nature to me now.

The only thing I wish I could control are my "anxiety" attacks. I don't think Ive mentioned it in this thread but I was taken in to a&e on Sunday because I felt as if I couldn't breathe properly. My throat felt constricted and I felt as if I couldn't breathe, but I COULD ACTUALLY breathe.

The doctor checked my blood pressure, my airways, my temperature, my oxygen levels, my heart beat.. and all was normal- she was it was an anxiety attack and said I need to relax basically.

Weird thing is that I wasn't anxious when i started to feel it. The doctor said that there was obviously something on my mind that was making me feel that way.

It's now Tuesday and i'm not 100%, trying to book myself with the doctor is proving difficult as its hard to get out of work at the minute. I think thats the problem though- I know work is making me ill now.

Even as I type I feel my throat slightly constricted, not as much as Sunday but its still there.

The last 6 months or so has been extremely stressful, my family life, and work especially. Things are slightly calm now so I dunno.. maybe my body is reacting now to the stress?

I hate going to the doctors and I dont want to take time off work but I feel I need too. I had 2 weeks off work in October of last year because of tension headaches, and that again was caused by work.

I feel so sorry for my husband because he's at a critical stage in his career and hopefully within a month he could be in another job and our lives would change dramatically so I feel as if I have to keep it together for his sake and just stay schtum until we have an answer with his job but some days I cant keep it in any longer...

Im one of those people that doesn't show my emotions to others, so to everyone at work i'm still the happy, bubbly, confident, self assure Rozie they all know, and some love Lol..

In my head its craziness though...

Wow roziee i'm sorry to hear that you've been so stressed lately and have been dealing with so much. I wish i knew what to say, You and your health comes first. You should go and get checked out by the doctors and take some time off work to relax if it having such a negative effect on you. Just so you know you don't have to be that Roziee thats always happy, bubbly, confident because we all have times when we're upset, unhappy and have doubts so we (everyone) will love and support you no matter what and i'm sure your work friends feel the same. I hope you can figure out whats causing this ((Hugs)) :gen126: :hug99: Xxx

Roziee - you rascal - you have made me log in from work!!

Just had to log in to give you a hug and remind you that you could not stop breathing even if you tried. Your body wouldn't allow it. You had a urine infection at the weekend if I remember rightly. This is a sign that you are under par so it is no surprise that your anxiety had a flare up too. Look after your body and your mind will benefit too. There are loads of benefits of SW that can help your anxiety. Will chat later more.

I can't stop, but wanted to suggest that you try chewing some sugar free gum at the moment. The chewing movement will relax your jaw muscles and stop the build up of tension in that area. Chewing and swallowing saliva will help to keep your throat open.

Talk later xxx

Hi Roziee,
You really need to go to the doctors. I had anxiety attacks due to a past relationship and the worry that my current relationship was going to go the same way. Anyway, I had some counselling but my doctor also gave me some beata blockers and I could take them as and when I was feeling at my most anxious. You could maybe take one if you knew you were going to have a particular hard day at work? I also had hypnosis but that was awful, wouldnt suggest it to my worst enemy!

Back