Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Honey39 said:
Okay, am feeling a bit emotional this morning - I seem to be getting weepy on Sunday morning weigh ins, but they are happy, I promise.

I've lost 2 lbs, taking me to a grand total of 84 lbs or SIX STONES!!!!!

Goodness. That feels amazing, I can't believe it. I thought this week would have been a gain, but I did stick to my guns, avoided desserts and wine at the conference, tried to walk and all that. I feel fantastic, I have to say.....

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is truly amazing :) you are such an inspiration!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good Morning all

Up and off to work so had my weigh in and lost 0.75lb, really unhappy with that, I have been ravenous this week and really stayed within my syns.

I doubt I will make my May target of 10lbs loss :cry: and I really am a bit fed up right now.

Hope everybody else achieves a good loss or at least what they were hoping for :)

Off to work to reconsider my strategy!!!
:wave_cry:

As others have said, any loss is a good loss! If you've had a really good week, hopefully it will show at next week's WI - keep your chin up and keep going!

Kind of got back on plan over the last two days, but in the evening have gone over my syns on snacks (AND its TOTM) but the scales report a 1lb loss at WI this morning! :) So i'm super chuffed. :happy036:
3lbs to go to get back to where i was before i went off track & will hopefully lose that next week if i have a 100% week!

Well done Rayven - about time you had some good news!

A sts for me this week, not surprised as a little off track over the last few days. Here's to a 100% week, lots of melon, water and strawberries. Good luck to everyone yet to weigh in and well done to those who have lost x

Well done on STS - not a bad result if you've been a little off-track! Here's to a good week!

seems to be the week for going a bit scew-wiff. i too stayed the same. i blame the thought of the impending rapture for my not sticking to plan very well, but you'd think my ascension would have lost me a few pounds... unless maybe i didn't ascend... no, i'm sure i did...

At least your weight didn't ascend Why-d!!

I'm too scared to WI today. I know if I have put on I will be so be so disappointed with myself that I will spend the day comfort eating.... thinking I'll be back on track tomorrow and tomorrow will never come! :(
Good luck everyone xx

Only you can control what you do Nettie... It's how you respond to a bad result that counts, not the result itself. One of the things you have to come to terms with if you're going to stick to any eating plan, is that there will be good weeks and not so good weeks. We've probably all had weeks where we get a better result than we really deserve, so we're also going to get weeks where we get a worse result than we deserve, or just a bad result. Draw a line under it, don't let it beat you and carry on! It will come off eventually... Good luck! x

Well I'm officially overweight again with 2lbs on which seemed to occur midweek (sneaky peak). However yesterday I had a lovely meal - mainly free - but I decided I wouldn't count my salsa , guacamole and reduced fat sour cream (although only used a little ) and I lost count on my tacos (think I had 2) & tortilla wraps (again think I had 2). I was then sitting by the cashews and rocky road. I tried not to succumb but..........
On the plus side I found and made the most awesome veggie Mexican mince recipe .
On the negative side - K makes note not to eat crap food as it's made me a tad unsociable today iykwim!!

I'm sure with your positive attitude you'll have it straight back off KWise! Good luck for next week.

Good morning everyone - A 3lb loss for me :happy036:puts me back where I was before my holiday.
Worked really hard going swimming and on the wii and also stuck to plan all week so it certainly paid off.

Am off to London again on Thursday for a celebrity event with my journalist daughter and have bought myself a gorgeous slinky number to wear whilst I am mingling with the stars (just in case my photo ends up in Hello magazine - you never know!)

Well done - a fab loss! Have a great trip to London.

Okay, am feeling a bit emotional this morning - I seem to be getting weepy on Sunday morning weigh ins, but they are happy, I promise.

Goodness. That feels amazing, I can't believe it. I thought this week would have been a gain, but I did stick to my guns, avoided desserts and wine at the conference, tried to walk and all that. I feel fantastic, I have to say.....

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowzers Honey, that is fabulous! You're a true inspiration. :happy096:

Little gutted with losing 2lbs this week. Any other time I'd be chuffed to bits but it's my first week back on so was hoping for a first week loss.

Plus I've been to 3 Zumba classes, body pump and and then my usual wednesday salsa club night, but then Friday and last night as well. Aaahh well. One can hope that maybe I'll see the results of that next week!!!

Onwards and downwards (with the weight I mean!!)

Don't be down Joanna - keep going and you'll get your rewards, hopefully next week. All the exercise might have led to some fluid retention, or to your system not being quite sure what's going on!

The first time I did SW, I only lost 1.5lbs my first week despite being really good, this time I lost 8lb - having a very similar week - sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to it! Good luck for next week! x

Well, not as bad as I'd feared after 3 meals out, I managed to pull it back and have lost 0.5lbs this week. Now off on my hols for a fortnight, so I'm aiming to put on no more than 2lb by the time I get back!

Good luck to those still to WI!

Have a great couple of weeks everyone and I'll see you when I get back. xxx

STS again for me. If only I could get down to a healthy weight, I'd be excellent at maintaining!

I STS this week after 6/7 days at 100% and booze free. Just imagine the damage if I had not found SW :eek: No wonder I got so flamin big in the first place!

Only managed a third of my mini challenge so that was a fail. This week my challenge is just to do the best I can do so I don't feel demotivated by failing anything. Cop out? LOL

silly sausage said:
I STS this week after 6/7 days at 100% and booze free. Just imagine the damage if I had not found SW :eek: No wonder I got so flamin big in the first place!

Only managed a third of my mini challenge so that was a fail. This week my challenge is just to do the best I can do so I don't feel demotivated by failing anything. Cop out? LOL

Not at all!!! Maybe all these mini goals is where we're going wrong for that exact reason!!!

STS again for me. If only I could get down to a healthy weight, I'd be excellent at maintaining!

LOL - I was thinking exactly that this morning!

Well done all the losers, maintainers and tiny gainers this week. Honey - you are a superstar! Jackjane - wear a low syn pretzel on your head and you will be in all the mags!

I am too hungry to type this morning :eek:

Nettie - we are all mates here. I have had some shocking weeks, but post knowing that I will get lots of support here :) x

Gonna do a SYNS countdown again this week as Saturday we are celebrating our 11th anniversary . Going to go to Loch Fyne with the kids - and I am bound to have calamari . Any advice welcome

Kx

Sausage - well done for sticking to plan and for STS. That means that you are still at the halfway point. That is a good thing :). This week therefore is another VERY important week. I sometimes find that when I am very good, the results are a bit delayed, therefore if you keep this up, you should see some results. I wondered mid week about suggesting that you revise the exercise target. Sometimes I am a bit the same that if I am going to fail anyway, then blow it, might as well not bother. Which is why I tend to set quite low targets so that at least I achieve them.

Dawn - 0.75lb is a good loss. However I am a bit concerned that you have been ravenous all week. For me, that would not be a sustainable plan. I can only stick at that for so long. Is there any possibility that you can increase your superfree or drink a bit more ??? I'll try and have another look at your food diaries again - this week has been a tad (ie ridiculously) busy. I might make the same comment that I have made to sausage about target setting too - 10lb is pretty tough for a month. In the past (when I had more to lose) I would have set a maximum target of 1lb a week, now my targets (if I set them) are 0.5lb per week and as long as I achieve that, I'm happy. Anything else is a bonus.

WG - Well done on STS. It looks like you know why and have a strategy so keep it up :)

Rayven - 1lb loss is great. You have had lots of things going on and you are turning it round. Good on you.

Madmavey - STS is good. You know why. Fingers crossed for this week. Hugs.

Why_d - Ha ha. STS is good (I seem to be repeating myself here..................!). Well done.

Nettie - I think Spanx made some good comments. This will definitely be a journey with ups and downs. You have to commit and to accept the consequences of 'off plan moments' as well as accepting that sometimes even on plan, you will have a gain. It's ok to gain, we've all done it. If you don't WI, you may be really good all week and then STS - that may well have been a good loss but if you don't weigh, you could just be disappointed that all your efforts have amounted to 'nothing'. However if you decide to WI, have a think about your strategy beforehand. There really is no point in going on a binge if you gain - you will only hurt yourself. However as I said above, it is possible that by not weighing, you are just moving the binge from this week to next week for slightly different reasons ??? At the end of the day, you know yourself and we are all different but I would encourage you to see this as a journey and just accept the hills along with the dips. Sorry if I sound harsh, I really don't mean to be - I've been there, still go there at times. Big hugs because I know it's not easy.

Kwise - Never mind. It will come off and you have your incentive. If you have a big meal yesterday that might also be part of the reason. For your anniversary dinner, if you want calamari, then work your food around that. Plan what you are going to have (including extras) then work the week around that. Most of all, have fun. You will be back in the 'normal' zone (well weight wise at least) soon as long as you stick to the plan. It might be next week, it might not but it WILL be soon.

JackJane - Yay. 3lb is fab. Now you can move on. Have a fantastic time in London. If you end up in Hello, please let us know which page........:)

Jo - 2lb is good. It's a great start. I know successful losers who have had big first week losses and those who put on in the first week. It's going in the right direction. Welcome back :)

Honey - You are just AMAZING. I am so so proud of you. I don't blame you for being emotional. Just think how you'll be in a couple of months on your 1 yr anniversary. Wow. Just fantastic.

Spanx - I tried to rep you again but it won't let me !! STS is a great result after this week. Fantastic. Go and have an amazing holiday. Do your best and we will see you back here after that.

Pinktoaster - your comment made me laugh. STS is ok. You have been struggling a bit recently so that is a good result.

I lost 2lb this week. Am delighted with that considering I lost 5lbs (unexpectedly) last week. My scales this morning said 11st 13.8 lbs so technically I am still in the 12's. But I don't care. I can see the light !!! Next week is my last WI before a big holiday so even if I get officially into the 11's, it's only likely to be 1 week, however I will get there eventually no matter how long it takes. This is my way of life now. I feel amazing, so it doesn't matter whether it takes me another 6 months or another 60 months, as long the general direction is either maintain or down I don't care. Big hugs everyone. Hope next week is better for most of you.

Gail x

Gonna do a SYNS countdown again this week as Saturday we are celebrating our 11th anniversary . Going to go to Loch Fyne with the kids - and I am bound to have calamari . Any advice welcome

I have been to the original Oyster Bar on the shores of Loch Fyne a couple of times. Beautiful place, but wasted on me who had salad and chips lol :p

Technically this week I lost 3.5lb, but also technically from the week before I've gained 2lb... so its a bit confusing because I weighed on tuesday after the decorating.

Tickers have been reset and lets see how I do now :)

Hiya dudes and dudettes!!

Looks like most of us have had a disappointing week BUT our bodies do need time to adjust don't they?

After a plus 2 last week I've only lost 1lb but I'm fine with that. I'm been eating loads of the speed stuff but not been drinking water and I've decided to do a few red days this week (I've only done 2 red days in the whole 6 weeks I've been doing this.)

Keeping it real...overall I'm delighted with losing 10lbs in 6 weeks. I know loads of you lovely people have achieved so much more than that and you are a real inspiration to many so if you've gained or sts this week...it's no thing...y'all just keep on trucking.
x

Thanks for the words of encouragment everyone. I have decided to plan this week a bit better as I know I am going out on Friday for tea and will probably end up being out drinking again. I've seen some threads where people are saying that instead of having 10-15 syns a day they have 105 and just knock them off daily. I am going to try that and then I will have a larger amount to use for Friday, using syns during the week doesnt bother me as I fill up on fruit and water so sometimes even struggle to use them. heres to next week :)

Hey everyone :)

I've had to giggle whilst reading the posts whilst I've been out of London- seems like most of us have had feelings of gaining weight. And i am no different lol I've been eating silliness since Friday! Ah well, we'll see what the damage is tomorrow morning!

Honey- you are my inspiration x

Hi everyone,

I've just got back on SW after many failed attempts since January and it's my first weigh in tomorrow since I've finally found my motivation!!!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

x

:welcome: Welcome joanna to this thread - You're going to love it here :D

Good Morning all

Up and off to work so had my weigh in and lost 0.75lb, really unhappy with that, I have been ravenous this week and really stayed within my syns.

I doubt I will make my May target of 10lbs loss :cry: and I really am a bit fed up right now.

Hope everybody else achieves a good loss or at least what they were hoping for :)

Off to work to reconsider my strategy!!!
:wave_cry:

Don't be disheartened dawnie the results of the hardwork somes don't show but they will show next week for sure :) If you were ravenous this week then are you sure you are eating enough?

Hi Dawn, well done on getting a loss. I sts this week. Not surprising, slow loser here was due one, and not enough exercise!!

Need to eat fewer crisps too!!

Have a great day!

Well Done on your STS WG as you're weight loss is going in the right direction even if it is slow :D

Kind of got back on plan over the last two days, but in the evening have gone over my syns on snacks (AND its TOTM) but the scales report a 1lb loss at WI this morning! :) So i'm super chuffed. :happy036:
3lbs to go to get back to where i was before i went off track & will hopefully lose that next week if i have a 100% week!

Woohoo! Thats is brillaint Rayven - Well Done and good luck for next week :D

A sts for me this week, not surprised as a little off track over the last few days. Here's to a 100% week, lots of melon, water and strawberries. Good luck to everyone yet to weigh in and well done to those who have lost x

Well Done! Don't worry Madmavey a STS is good. There must have been something in the air (or the fact that the world was supposedly coming to an end) which caused the ridiculous eating lol Good luck with your 100% week and i hope you have a good loss next week :D

seems to be the week for going a bit scew-wiff. i too stayed the same. i blame the thought of the impending rapture for my not sticking to plan very well, but you'd think my ascension would have lost me a few pounds... unless maybe i didn't ascend... no, i'm sure i did...

Hahahahaha! Well Done on your STS (You're sycronising with most of us Why_D lol) and good luck for next week :D

I think its me I am a jinx you all do fab, I join everyone goes off plan. :-(

Its funny as I havent had a brill week either but was 100% yesterday and today I am out with my daughter at a birthday party so I won't be able to snack.

Aww that not true craybia. I balme something in the air which made the sunday weighers a little crazy this week :p Lets blame the supposed end of the world lol Hope you had a good day today with your daughter :)

I'm too scared to WI today. I know if I have put on I will be so be so disappointed with myself that I will spend the day comfort eating.... thinking I'll be back on track tomorrow and tomorrow will never come! :(
Good luck everyone xx

We don't judge anyone on here nettie so don't be scared. We're all here to support you :)

Well I'm officially overweight again with 2lbs on which seemed to occur midweek (sneaky peak). However yesterday I had a lovely meal - mainly free - but I decided I wouldn't count my salsa , guacamole and reduced fat sour cream (although only used a little ) and I lost count on my tacos (think I had 2) & tortilla wraps (again think I had 2). I was then sitting by the cashews and rocky road. I tried not to succumb but..........
On the plus side I found and made the most awesome veggie Mexican mince recipe .
On the negative side - K makes note not to eat crap food as it's made me a tad unsociable today iykwim!!

Good luck you all - let's lose next week ;)

mmmm the food sounds amazing K! Remind me that i need to move in with you as you're always cooking lovely food :p You'll get that small gain off next week - Good luck :D

Good morning everyone - A 3lb loss for me :happy036:puts me back where I was before my holiday.
Worked really hard going swimming and on the wii and also stuck to plan all week so it certainly paid off.

Am off to London again on Thursday for a celebrity event with my journalist daughter and have bought myself a gorgeous slinky number to wear whilst I am mingling with the stars (just in case my photo ends up in Hello magazine - you never know!)

Woohoo! :talk017: thats brillaint! Hope you have a fab time in London

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

:talk017: Honey you make us all so proud of you :D That is amazing! you are such an inspiration to me :)

Little gutted with losing 2lbs this week. Any other time I'd be chuffed to bits but it's my first week back on so was hoping for a first week loss.

Plus I've been to 3 Zumba classes, body pump and and then my usual wednesday salsa club night, but then Friday and last night as well. Aaahh well. One can hope that maybe I'll see the results of that next week!!!

Onwards and downwards (with the weight I mean!!)

Well done on your brillaint loss (I only lost 2lbs on my first WI too) Good luck for next week too :D

As others have said, any loss is a good loss! If you've had a really good week, hopefully it will show at next week's WI - keep your chin up and keep going!

Well, not as bad as I'd feared after 3 meals out, I managed to pull it back and have lost 0.5lbs this week. Now off on my hols for a fortnight, so I'm aiming to put on no more than 2lb by the time I get back!

Good luck to those still to WI!

Have a great couple of weeks everyone and I'll see you when I get back. xxx

:eek: Amazing Spanx! That is such a good result for you. It just goes to show that SW can be a way of life and you can have social occassions without going off plan too much. Have fun on your holiday!

Toastie well done on your STS and good luck for next week :)

The result will defiantly show next week sausage and well done for being 100% and booze free :D

I lost 2lb this week. Am delighted with that considering I lost 5lbs (unexpectedly) last week. My scales this morning said 11st 13.8 lbs so technically I am still in the 12's. But I don't care. I can see the light !!! Next week is my last WI before a big holiday so even if I get officially into the 11's, it's only likely to be 1 week, however I will get there eventually no matter how long it takes. This is my way of life now. I feel amazing, so it doesn't matter whether it takes me another 6 months or another 60 months, as long the general direction is either maintain or down I don't care. Big hugs everyone. Hope next week is better for most of you.

Gail x

Woohoo Gail! You are doing amazingly! :D Love your attitude and you will be in the 11's next week :D Good luck

Technically this week I lost 3.5lb, but also technically from the week before I've gained 2lb... so its a bit confusing because I weighed on tuesday after the decorating.

Tickers have been reset and lets see how I do now :)

Good Luck emma

Hiya dudes and dudettes!!

Looks like most of us have had a disappointing week BUT our bodies do need time to adjust don't they?

After a plus 2 last week I've only lost 1lb but I'm fine with that. I'm been eating loads of the speed stuff but not been drinking water and I've decided to do a few red days this week (I've only done 2 red days in the whole 6 weeks I've been doing this.)

Keeping it real...overall I'm delighted with losing 10lbs in 6 weeks. I know loads of you lovely people have achieved so much more than that and you are a real inspiration to many so if you've gained or sts this week...it's no thing...y'all just keep on trucking.
x

Well done Potatogirl - Its a pound in the right direction and good luck with your red days :D

Good luck for tomorrow Roziee :D

I think thats everyone - If i missed you out then i'm sorry and well done to you no matter what the result this week was :) Xx

I shall be gaining this week aswell as i've been ridiculously off plan for the last few days :rolleyes: (I even had cookie dough last night which is a first since i started SW :eek:) I only have myself to blame with the crazy off plan eating but i am back on plan today - even managed a syn free day. I will achieve my target weight no matter how long it takes :D

Have a good week everyone Xx

I was thinking- if anyone has a blackberry and doesn't mind giving their blackberry pin, we could add each other on and give each other a nudge when needed during the day? I can start a group for us x

Its fine if you're not comfortable, just a suggestion x

I have liveprofile. It works across most phone types I think.

Back