Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Dont sit there too long, you'll get splinters :p

Well done to all the losers this week,it was quite a mixed bag this week wasnt it? I do believe there has been a collective 'wandering off plan', we must be like the Borg :eek:

Sorry I missed you all yesterday, I was *cough* busy :p. Theres a little part of me thats still surpised that hes still around - sad isnt it? :confused: Note to self *must have more confidence* :)

Delighted for you Smartie. Lucky him :)

only another flipping pound :(

I won't give up.. if only because I've already bought the shakes. But grrr!

Well done Elaine, a lb is all in the right direction. I know you were hoping for more but it's a loss.

I am not on plan today. I woke up feeling sick after hardly sleeping due to ongoing jaw pain (doctors appointment booked for Friday) and then realised somebody had kindly stolen my "residential driveway, keep clear" sign. Had a grumpy morning, but was on plan. Went to my mum's for lunch and the builders next door had blocked her driveway with their van, and all their bricks and buckets and whatnot were strewn everywhere while they sat eating their lunches. Helpful. They had no intention to move despite them knowing I go there at lunch, because I've asked them to move every day last week!

Anyway, I just gave up and went to Aldi. I was so high strung I was almost crying in the car! It's no excuse but it's been a crap day.

Poor you. So sorry to hear you have had a rubbish day. I hope things start to improve for you.

Hi everyone!
Some great losses!
I bit the bullet and weighed in this morning and..... STS! I am sooo pleased with that! back on track and now not going out on Friday so I know I will have a 100% week. Good luck everyone! xx

Well done Nettie. I know it's not easy but you have done the right thing. Good luck for this week.

did my own counterbalance tonight with a pound gain. deserved too. still well in target though.

That's great. Well done craybia. I can't imagine how difficult that maintenance is. So pleased for you.

Gail x

Hi Gail, it is hard to get the balance right, I think it is just a matter of seeing how I go, I know this week I have to be slightly better than last but then not to have a 'fabulous first week' all out guns blazing either. Luckily the last few weeks before I called target I was pretty much maintaining with 1/2lb loss or gain each week.

have a great day everyone.

Weird....I know I must stop obsessively weighing myself but I can't help it...weighed myself this morning before eating anything and after doing the "essentials" and had put on a lb overnight. Weighed myself again this evening and weighed the same as this morning. Body works in strange ways......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh definitely - I think that's why I have stuck so much to weighing in at the same time each week to get an accurate picure of how I'm doing. I know that when I do have a sneaky peek it's so 'off' that it's incredibly misleading, and either depresses me or gives me a false sense of confidence!

I actually put my scales away each week, so I'm not tempted to jump on them. Then I have the Sunday morning ritual of bringing out the scales and weighing in (naked, obviously!!).

So long as it's downwards, it's all good....:D

Hi Gail, it is hard to get the balance right, I think it is just a matter of seeing how I go, I know this week I have to be slightly better than last but then not to have a 'fabulous first week' all out guns blazing either. Luckily the last few weeks before I called target I was pretty much maintaining with 1/2lb loss or gain each week.

have a great day everyone.

Good for you - maintenance is supposed to be as hard as losing weight, I'm inspired by the fact that you continue to weigh in and be here, it's definitely inspirational to see someone lose weight and keep it off for life!

Morning campers! I am enjoying Honey's pom-pom show! lol

I am feeling great this morning after my soup yesterday. It is a real tonic.

Nettie - bet you feel better for weighing. Well done! :D

Craybia - you should get one of those "maintainer" badges to go with your "century club" and wear it with pride. I think it is fab having a target member on the thread to inspire us.

Hope you all have a tasty day and are safe from the hurricanes and volcanic monsoon rains :)

how are you getting on with the weather up there Sausage? hope it doesnt batter your garden veg up too much.

I dont think I deserve the maintainer badge yet I am only on week 3 of target :-D

I also agree about the sneaky weigh ins. I have done it many a time I either have had a good loss mid week then let things slip and not do so well on official weigh in or get a bit fed up when I think I have done great and it doesn't show on the scales.

Craybia - it was insanely windy here yesterday. My two blueberry bushes (in tubtrugs) were being hammered by the wind so I opened the greenhouse door to put them in there for protection. This was a mistake! :eek: With the door open, the wind got in the GH and caught it like a sail. It moved 4 inches along the concrete! I nearly ended myself :eek: it was such a loud, unearthly noise. I can see the tide mark on the ground where it has moved. It is not wee either - 6x10 metal and glass and it weighs a ton. Just as well it was not bolted down otherwise it might have popped.

I was more worried about my young fruit trees. I moved their ties down low and they just bent with the wind. Poor wee guys took such a battering. I can always buy new glass, but I love my baby trees.

How is your allotment? Isn't it great growing superfrees? :greenapple:

Back on topic: The forecast for the week is soup, soup and more soup!

Is that the superspeed soup? I tried making a SW soup once and it stank the house out! (The soup, not me, in case you were wondering.)

Hi Pinkie - it is a bit like it...

onion
leek
carrot
turnip
tinned tomatoes x 2
tinned mixed beans
tinned green lentils
baked beans
2 veg oxo
2 spag bol oxo
water
salt and black pepper
bay leaf x 2
rosemary & thyme

Whizz it all up. I was so full after it last night, I was struggling to use any syns. Still managed though lol

silly sausage said:
Hi Pinkie - it is a bit like it...

onion
leek
carrot
turnip
tinned tomatoes x 2
tinned mixed beans
tinned green lentils
baked beans
2 veg oxo
2 spag bol oxo
water
salt and black pepper
bay leaf x 2
rosemary & thyme

Whizz it all up. I was so full after it last night, I was struggling to use any syns. Still managed though lol

Aaarrggghhhh I'd explode eating all that- lol

Kx

How many servings is that? I've never heard of spag bol oxo.

Oiiii Kwise, I am not a total piggy! lol

That makes about 6 litres I think (pot is 16cm high x 25cm wide and nearly full so quite a lot) Half is in the freezer.

The spag bol oxos are fabby. If you put them in a tomato-y sauce, it gives it a real boost of flavour (quorn mince bolognese, ratatouille) They are syn free and veggie.

silly sausage said:
The spag bol oxos are fabby. If you put them in a tomato-y sauce, it gives it a real boost of flavour (quorn mince bolognese, ratatouille) They are syn free and veggie.

Sounds yummy. I'll keep an eye out for them.

silly sausage said:
Oiiii Kwise, I am not a total piggy! lol

That makes about 6 litres I think (pot is 16cm high x 25cm wide and nearly full so quite a lot) Half is in the freezer.

I meant explode with wind - lol

Kx

Hi Guys
I feel like I've lost my mojo.

I have been perfect with my syn counting since I restarted on 1st Jan (my new years resolution ). But this week I don't know what's happened to me. I keep having sneaky 'snacking' on the kids pringles etc. They are all gone now - but I am hoping that I am not about to fall off the wagon!!
I know that thus is often how it starts - this frightens me somewhat as I have been in such control for a few months now.......

Kx

Kwise - teach your children to point at you and shout "Synner!" every time you try to steal a Pringle. That's what mine do :mad:

Maybe make a fruit salad or crudites and syn free dips if you are feeling snacky.
Keep a fruit bowl in the telly room.
Brush your teeth.
Do a naked mirror pogo.

Others will have more tips. Please don't think negatively. You will get past this!

haha naked mirror pogo!!!! never heard of that one!!!!!

Aw kwise you have done so well. We dont have junk food in the house I know I will eat it all! I tend to buy the kids sweets or a treat every couple of days for them to have if they eat all of their tea. I've always done this since them being born so they dont think they are missing out and they often forget about sweets they have been bought. for example after tea today my little girl asked for pineapple, she had totally forgotten that only 30minutes earlier I had bought them ice lollys lol.
You obviously know how to stop pinching their food as you have been doing so well with SW, just remember all the hard work you have done xx

Back