Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi Guys
I feel like I've lost my mojo.

I have been perfect with my syn counting since I restarted on 1st Jan (my new years resolution ). But this week I don't know what's happened to me. I keep having sneaky 'snacking' on the kids pringles etc. They are all gone now - but I am hoping that I am not about to fall off the wagon!!
I know that thus is often how it starts - this frightens me somewhat as I have been in such control for a few months now.......

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

we've all been there so i totally understand why you're worrying. whenever i think i'm going to start picking i jump on here...that always helps! if not....grab a mugshot instead...i find i HAVE to satisfy that need by treating myself to something. but if that doesn't work, you just have to remember all the hard work you've done - you've come this far!!! You can do it a bit more!!!!

xxx

K you are doing so well! Keep a list if the reasons why you want to lose weight or a picture of something you'll buy one you reach target in the cupboard where the pringles and snacks are to help stop the snacking. You could also work out the syns and write them on the pringles box so you know how many syns you're having.

Quick update as we have guests over - I put on 1lb only so I'm happy :D as I've had a few off plan days and star week started today xxx

Last edited:
Oh I seeeee!! :eek::D LOL

No worries here...I have been veggie so long I have a cast iron @rse :p

Oh dear god, silly sausage, that last line is so...descriptive....:D Definitely made me laugh!

Hi Guys
I feel like I've lost my mojo.

I have been perfect with my syn counting since I restarted on 1st Jan (my new years resolution ). But this week I don't know what's happened to me. I keep having sneaky 'snacking' on the kids pringles etc. They are all gone now - but I am hoping that I am not about to fall off the wagon!!
I know that thus is often how it starts - this frightens me somewhat as I have been in such control for a few months now.......

Kx

Kwise, don't worry about being 'perfect', it's not all or nothing. I think I've learned that some weeks I sail easily on this, and others I struggle so hard with keeping to it. And that frightens me a little, just like you, because I know my own weaknesses.

You are NOT going to fall off the wagon, you are going to make good choices and some poor ones too, but that's okay - it's a bout learning to live with the glitches and always getting back on track straightaway and sticking at it! Posting here helps me a lot, or going for a walk, or a shower, or phoning a friend. It will be all right, honest! You're doing so well.

K you are doing so well! Keep a list if the reasons why you want to lose weight or a picture of something you'll buy one you reach target in the cupboard where the pringles and snacks are to help stop the snacking. You could also work out the syns and write them on the pringles box so you know how many syns you're having.

Quick update as we have guests over - I put on 1lb only so I'm happy :D as I've had a few off plan days and star week started today xxx

Oooh, well done on that result Sum, that's good and well done for you for keeping weighing in and reporting in! That one tiny little pound will have gone and more very soon, i know it!

Great comment Honey. I agree with you. Kwise, just because you have a bad day, a bad few days or a bad week, doesn't mean that you are going to fall off the wagon. However, you know that things aren't going quite so well for you. Can you try and plan a little bit more for the next couple of days and leave a few syns spare for 'extra's' ? There is nothing like the feeling of sticking to plan whatever the result.

Big hugs. You have done so well so far, you aren't going to let this go.

Well done Sum, 1lb gain is good when you've not been good !

Gail x

I thought SS's soup was explaining all the extra wind we were having then :-D

Kwise, when I went through a bad snacking for the sake of it phase I stuck post it notes on the places I would go sweet cupboard. crisp cupboard etc just saying something like 'why are you here again it had better be for the kids you will never get to goal' or even just get out of the crisps, as it really did just stop me to make me think about what I was doing.

had a good laugh on monday night, had a new lady which I have known for years she used to work with my mum and another lady that came with her shouted over to me Jo can you just come and show Julie that it really is you, as she doesnt believe me.

It is sooo funny that people I have known for years don't recognise me. I have spoken to a few that have clicked after about 5 mins of some random mad woman talking to them that it was me.

Lol craybia that made me laugh so much - I hate SS soup with a passion. I don't think it tastes nice at all and i always fail to lose weight when i eat it lol

Yays you must feel awesome craybia! Thats a brillaint NSV - You must feel so chuffed to be at target :D

Xx

Afternoon my lovely sunday weighers. Some of you astute individuals have probably noted I have not logged on for the last week. Had a crazily busy week and went slightly off target due to lots of late nights at work at the end of last week and together with a whole weekend hen party where I went completely off the rails I decided not to weigh in Sunday morning.

I know I should be accountable but I went in to one of my spirals and it took another case of talking things through with my OH and giving myself a mental slap on Monday night to pull myself back together (this is becoming too regular a thing for my liking)!!

Well back on track since Tuesday morning and decided I am going to get back on track, stick 100% to plan and get myself motivated again this week and weigh in Sunday morning. Hopefully will just see small a smaller gain on Sunday and I can undo some of whatever damage I have done.

Well done to the rest of you for sticking on plan and for your losses x x

Thankyou ladies for all your help, concerns and general loveliness!!

The crisps are gone, so the kids are back to eating normal stuff, and I made a point of having melon today.
I suppose I just worry and then don't like the fact that my weekly diary is now somewhat corrupted- and I dont know how many SYNS I have actually had. This makes it difficult as I was counting them down for my versary meal out on Saturday.
Any suggestions?

Kx

K you are human- no one, especially yourself should not expect you to be good ALL the time.

When you feel like youre losing track.. Give yourself a date where you will eat whatever you want, guilt free, then stop and start all over again!

As long as you are in control of your uncontrolling behaviour, you'll be fine ;-) xxx

Last edited:
I agree with Roziee K - How much will it matter if you have a STS this week? You can just keep counting down from the syns you know you have until the meal and carry on as planned. So you may not lose but you'd still be in control and enjoy.

Or the other option would be to reduce the syn amount you left until/for the meal. Depends on what you want to do :) Xx

Afternoon my lovely sunday weighers. Some of you astute individuals have probably noted I have not logged on for the last week. Had a crazily busy week and went slightly off target due to lots of late nights at work at the end of last week and together with a whole weekend hen party where I went completely off the rails I decided not to weigh in Sunday morning.

I know I should be accountable but I went in to one of my spirals and it took another case of talking things through with my OH and giving myself a mental slap on Monday night to pull myself back together (this is becoming too regular a thing for my liking)!!

Well back on track since Tuesday morning and decided I am going to get back on track, stick 100% to plan and get myself motivated again this week and weigh in Sunday morning. Hopefully will just see small a smaller gain on Sunday and I can undo some of whatever damage I have done.

Well done to the rest of you for sticking on plan and for your losses x x

That's not too bad at all! Just stick at it and see how you get on, you've done absolutely brilliantly on this journey...

Hi, hope everyone's week is going good so far, have stuck to 100%. Going to try and be really good until weigh in. Have just discovered chocolate weetabix though, so could be tricky.

I used to love the choc weetabix minis. Mmm a hex b chocolate lol.

Off to Zumba tonight. Feel really tired but I didn't go last week so I feel I have to!

I used to love the choc weetabix minis. Mmm a hex b chocolate lol.

Off to Zumba tonight. Feel really tired but I didn't go last week so I feel I have to!

Hiya Sarah - good to see you back! You are accountable - the fact that you are here proves this :) x

It has been a funny week foodwise - I am eating the same thing every day so my brain is having a holiday from planning and thinking about food :p

B: porridge with milk and fruit (A+B)
L: speedy soup and fruit
D: toast, beans, quorn and eggs (B)
Drinks: pot of tea (A) and NAS juice
Snacks: more fruit, chocolate crispie cake or orange kitkat (syns)

Quick, balanced and filling and no brain required. I am so lazy :D

Hiya Sarah - good to see you back! You are accountable - the fact that you are here proves this :) x

It has been a funny week foodwise - I am eating the same thing every day so my brain is having a holiday from planning and thinking about food :p

B: porridge with milk and fruit (A+B)
L: speedy soup and fruit
D: toast, beans, quorn and eggs (B)
Drinks: pot of tea (A) and NAS juice
Snacks: more fruit, chocolate crispie cake or orange kitkat (syns)

Quick, balanced and filling and no brain required. I am so lazy :D

Sounds nice - I have a tendency to eat samey things through the week too, although I do try to vary it. But hey, if it works!!!

Good luck lovely beautiful Sunday weighers - this thread is a lot quieter, is everyone chatting on MSN??

Back