Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Haha! Thanks hon, I'll give it a go and see what happens!
Jo x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had pineapple on my porridge this morning. Was yummy :p

Regarding me suddenly turning into an elephant at the weekend, there may be a slight chance of it being caused by hormones (plus cake + pakora :rolleyes:) so that's some good news. As I am on the minipill I do not have star week, but it comes with the disclaimer that you can experience random starriness. Cue random starriness today. (Daft SW euphemisms used to protect the sensibilities of Why_D. Sorry mate)

Having quorn chilli mince with spaghetti and cheese tonight, so on course for a good day foodwise. Hope you are all doing well xxx

:hide:

Oh I'll swap you!!! Driving to Leicester to spend a week training a bunch of hairy old men how to sell, but not before going to Nottingham to train a different bunch of hairy old men about cavity wall insulation!!!

As for the assignment...sounds interesting...what are you studying? I'm hoping to go into child law very soon :)

Jx

im studying health and social care level 4, its just an NVQ but i have kinda been relying on my level 3 childcare for the past 10 years and now i really want to be a manager of the childrens centre i work at, im deputy manager at the moment and they have paid for my level 4 so that i will be qualified to be centre leader and its only taken me 4 months to do the course, usually takes a year! i have worked my ass off! i have applied to go to uni in september to do NPQICL which is a centre leader qualification, should find out in the next few weeks of i got a place x

im studying health and social care level 4, its just an NVQ but i have kinda been relying on my level 3 childcare for the past 10 years and now i really want to be a manager of the childrens centre i work at, im deputy manager at the moment and they have paid for my level 4 so that i will be qualified to be centre leader and its only taken me 4 months to do the course, usually takes a year! i have worked my ass off! i have applied to go to uni in september to do NPQICL which is a centre leader qualification, should find out in the next few weeks of i got a place x

aww well in that case good luck :) hope you get the place and I hope all that ass working off pays off :)
xx

I lost 1 lb... And I exercised every single day. Humph.

Water retention and all that, yeah? Lol sure hope so.

Tis a pound off Roziee, never be dismmisive of those little pounds because they do add up :D And if you are exercising you should measure as well so you can see an inch loss even if the scales arent dropping as fast as you want

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one,
so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound."
( as if that were such a terrible thing!)
For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you -
your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Great results everyone (well, almost everyone - I know a couple of you had a bad week/gained but overall seemed pretty positive). I am holiday for a fortnight. Having a great time but eating my way round the USA......:eek:

So will definitely have a sizeable gain when I get back from hols. Then the challenge will be on for me to 'do a Gail' and have a good loss ! That could be interesting as I will only have 3 days for the Sunday WI after getting back. Still, as we have quite a lot of 'newbies' (relatively speaking) on this thread, it will be up to me to set an example :D. I am expecting a gain in the region of 7-14 lbs (there are scales here and although I know they won't match up with home, I am using them as a guide to the size of the gain while I'm here - I don't like surprises !) :eek: :sigh: Oh well, I will be back here in just under 2 weeks to 'fess up and get back on track. I am a little bit worried but not too worried as I've been here before so hopefully I can do it again.

Smartie - 4.5 lbs is not too bad. The main thing is that you accept it as a part of this journey and move on. You've done it before. Sum - presumably you will have a gain as Smartie did :)p) but you're expecting it, you know why it happened and you know what to do.

Why_d - I know that you've been a bit static recently but you have had a lot of eating out and I know that I would certainly have gained quite a bit in those circumstances so I think you've done pretty well.

No sign of Ozzie or Sparky (and did I miss Sarah ???) :tear_drop:

Hope you all have a good week - I am :eek:

Gail x

smartie!!! Love the "only one pound" thing!!!

As for me. I am pathetic and weak. One night down and already I've eaten garlic bread with my lasagne and pecan pie for dessert.

I know the problem though...as it turns out the hotel room is TINY so will have to Zumba in the car park!!! Normally they are so much more spacious but nooooo not this one!! It's a struggle to even iron! May have to attempt to run tonight....urgh :(

I also realise that in an attempt to not coup myself up in said tiny hotel room I sat in the bar all evening. I abstained from alcohol but struggled with avoiding dessert....ho hum. no room service here so HAVE to go to the restaurant.

Think tonight I'll be a good girl, stay in my lonely room, but at least it won't result in the company of a bit of additional fat!!!

Syn freeing rest of the time now in an attempt to undo pecan damage and just use syns on the "unknown horrors" that my food is cooked in....you can only do what you can do.....

Jx

blue*smartie said:
Tis a pound off Roziee, never be dismmisive of those little pounds because they do add up :D And if you are exercising you should measure as well so you can see an inch loss even if the scales arent dropping as fast as you want

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one,
so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound."
( as if that were such a terrible thing!)
For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you -
your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Yeah you're right.. Just wanted to moan after my WI.. Im embracing my lb loss today! X

Well done Rozieeee! :bunnydance:

*waves to Gail* If anyone can "do a Gail" this month, I guess it will be you lol Have a fab, relaxing holiday.

Joanna - that's a bummer about your tiny room. What about some upper body toning :character00116: use 2 bottles of water to work your arms, then drink the water!

I have two 100% days behind me so feeling quite chuffed. Missing by boy like crazy, but I know he will be having great fun.

Rozieeee - I was robbed of my Club 20, halfway point and 4 stone sticky on Sunday when I turned into an elephant :eek: It's a bit tragic, but all fixable. Sneaky peeks say the scales are moving in the right direction this week so yaay!

I had an amazing pudding last night - 0% Greek yog, a crumbled meringue nest, a blob of lemon curd and a heap of strawberries. I swear it tasted like double cream :p and only 5 syns for a massive bowl.

-3lbs!

WHOOO! So glad to be back on sw! :bunnydance:

xx

silly sausage said:
Rozieeee - I was robbed of my Club 20, halfway point and 4 stone sticky on Sunday when I turned into an elephant :eek: It's a bit tragic, but all fixable. Sneaky peeks say the scales are moving in the right direction this week so yaay!

I had an amazing pudding last night - 0% Greek yog, a crumbled meringue nest, a blob of lemon curd and a heap of strawberries. I swear it tasted like double cream :p and only 5 syns for a massive bowl.

Oh noooooo.. This week for sure silliness!!! Xx

Sorry I've been a bit absent recently, my head really hasn't been in it.
I lost 0.5lb this week which I'm pleased with, not happy but accepting it.
Posted more detail in my diary :)

Well done everyone for last week and checking in with losses etc. I hope to be back next weekend with a much better result and mindset!

Good luck for the coming week Emma, and it least it wasnt a gain :)

Well, 'Operation do a Gail' didnt quite pan out as I have STS. Hopefully as Gail is off on her hols in another country this means that my weightloss is in a different time zone too. So I should get the loss next week :D

Hey guys!!!! Well done to all of us, we're all amazing winners........:)

Had a rocky Monday, an okay Tuesday, I'm committed to a 100% week though. It's so odd, some weeks are easy, some are really really hard. I have the 100lb loss in my sight now, I'm really driven with the next few targets:

- lose 90 lbs
- lose 6 1/2 stones (91 lbs)
- celebrate one year of being with Slimming World (1 August 2011)
- lose 7 stones (98 lbs)
- lose 100 lbs

Really short-term goals work best for me, I can't look at the big picture and think I'm just over half way there. And I know that I will eat like this for the rest of my life, there is no 'coming off' the diet - this is it, just a way of eating.

Ramble ramble ramble - I can't believe how well we're doing as a group, and the fact that people on this little group really stick at it! Although I do miss OzzieMoz and Sparky - and where's themissus this week?

Back