Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

blue*smartie said:
Good luck for the coming week Emma, and it least it wasnt a gain :)

Well, 'Operation do a Gail' didnt quite pan out as I have STS. Hopefully as Gail is off on her hols in another country this means that my weightloss is in a different time zone too. So I should get the loss next week :D

Well done on your STS BS!
I'm sure different time zones is the way forward to losing weight! Or maybe different planets - lol

How did Sum do?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sum will be on later I expect,so I wont spoil the shock/suprize* :p

*Delete as appropiate :D

Talking of planets, its probably my starriness thats caused the STS. It wont have anything to do with the chocolate over the weekend obviously lol

Well done roziee :D

Woohoo Ela ine - you must be well chuffed with that especailly since you're back to eating real food :D

Well done on your loss emma - Its not a gain :)

:eek: I am in major shock! Remember me detailing how off plan i've been this week because of my birthday? Well i've lost 1lb this week! I just can't believe it lol. The scales must have been really nice to me today :D Xx

Sum said:
Well done roziee :D

Woohoo Ela ine - you must be well chuffed with that especailly since you're back to eating real food :D

Well done on your loss emma - Its not a gain :)

:eek: I am in major shock! Remember me detailing how off plan i've been this week because of my birthday? Well i've lost 1lb this week! I just can't believe it lol. The scales must have been really nice to me today :D Xx

Blimey and well done Sum!!!
Will you be back on plan this week Hun?

Kx

Blimey and well done Sum!!!
Will you be back on plan this week Hun?

Kx

hehe Thanks K! Yes i am planning to be extra extra good as i still have 2 meals out to go to (lol my social life is really busy all of a sudden :p) but i am defiantly going to try my best to save my syns so i can achieve atleast a STS on the next WI. To make sure i'm good i'm even going to make up some SS soup lol Xx

Sum said:
hehe Thanks K! Yes i am planning to be extra extra good as i still have 2 meals out to go to (lol my social life is really busy all of a sudden :p) but i am defiantly going to try my best to save my syns so i can achieve atleast a STS on the next WI. To make sure i'm good i'm even going to make up some SS soup lol Xx

More fart soup Sum ? Is that wise??

Lol

Kx

More fart soup Sum ? Is that wise??

Lol

Kx

Haha probably not! However i never claimed to be wise :p And if it keeps the weight down then i'm not complaining ;) It would probably be a very very bad idea to have baked beans and pasta as dinner in the week then lol Don't need to scare off the family :p Xx

Well, 'Operation do a Gail' didnt quite pan out as I have STS. Hopefully as Gail is off on her hols in another country this means that my weightloss is in a different time zone too. So I should get the loss next week :D

You'll get the loss next week for sure - well done, lovely blue smartie!!

It's a present from the birthday fairy, for sure!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic!

Big round of applause for our Tuesday twins! :D

Morning all :)

Sorry I've been AWOL again. I have been keeping up to date with all your goings on and man have you lot been going on .... :rotflmao: :p

I haven't been posting mainly because things are a bit grim here and I don't like to acknowledge it in writing but I've noticed a few people wondering where I've got to so I thought I would poke my head above the parapet! yooo hooo, tis me!

I've not been able to follow any diet plan because of finances, things have pretty much reached rock bottom. I haven't put on any weight though, I may not be eating the right food, but I've not been eating much so any wrong food does little damage. Long term it's not good but as the saying goes, needs must when the devil drives!

My OH, who some of you may remember is epileptic, had a number of seizures during the night on Monday night and so we had the paramedics out and a trip to the hospital at 3 in the morning. I spent all last night awake thinking it was going to happen again every time he moved or made a noise! I'm totally paranoid but that will wear off I hope in a day or two.

Job hunting is still proving a fruitless task. Jobs that my qualifications/experience match to don't seem to be interested because I haven't worked for 10 years which is fair enough, and jobs that are at a lower level aren't interested because I'm over-qualified and apparently won't stay. The job market up here is terrible anyway, amongst the highest unemployment in the whole of Australia so there are other factors at play too. All I can do is keep plugging away at the applications and hope I strike it lucky soon!

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm hoping that maybe tomorrow will be the day I get good news! :fingerscrossed:

Anyway, that is enough about my woes! Really pleased to see you lot all sticking at it and making some good progress through all the ups and downs that life throws our way.

Sum, glad to read that you had a most excellent birthday, you deserve it, you are lovely! Smartie, you have proved that love is heavy man, it weighs you down! :p Seriously though, it's really cheering me up reading about you and your new man, although I'm an avid reader, I've never been into romantic novels, but I do like a true love story! ;) :D

Why_d, if everyone else here starts getting all female and star week at you .... you could always get your own back and discuss men's issues :eek: I dread to think though ..... :rotflmao:

Anyway, I will keep posting because I do keep reading and that might spare you getting epic posts when I surface periodically ( no why_d, I'm not doing female references :p ) .... ewwww, I've just offended myself :rotflmao:

All is not doom and gloom here, LittleOzMoz is still my ray of sunshine and even when all else appears to be bleak, she always gives me something to laugh about!

((((Moz))) Sorry to hear that the finances are still tight for you, I have been in that situation too many times to mention and I know just how soul destroying it is :( I hope things start to look up for you very, very soon.

On the job front, have you tried dumbing down/upping your CV so that it matches the job that you are applying for? I was advised that CV's should be tailored for each application. That may stop you being filtered out at the application stage if they think you are too over-qualified. Mind you, even that sounds so stupid to me. I mean why wouldnt an employer want the highest qualified person they can get :confused:

Sorry to hear about your OH still having seizures, hopefully he is now on the mend and they can sort out his medication.

Finally have a very happy birthday for tomorrow. I hope you have a special day as you are such a special lady :D x

Hey OzzieMoz, it's so good to see you!!!! I'm really sorry that things have been tough, you've been through such a lot. But we have missed seeing you here, and I was so pleased to see your post this morning.

Take it easy on yourself, okay? You've got such a lot on, and have been through such a lot, I hope that you get the support that you need as well, and get a bit of understanding and care in turn, because you seem to be such a caring warm person.

Great to see you again, o wonderful founder of this thread! ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

thinking of you moz! hope you have a nice day for your birthday

as for men's issues, where do i begin? lol

Hi Ozzie,

Thanks for posting. I know it's not great news but at least we know how things are.

Happy Birthday. I hope that despite everything else that is going on, it is a lovely one.

Sorry to hear about the job situation and your DH. I think that Smartie had some really great suggestions about your CV. I can understand why an employer wouldn't want to take you if they think that you are overqualified and might leave but if you can show them convincingly why you wouldn't, then you suddenly become a great option and very good value for money. Don't know whether that makes sense but something to think about.

Anyway, thanks for popping by. You're always welcome here oh founding one :). Hope things start to improve soon.

Gail x

The Moz is back! Sorry life is difficult for you at the moment x

I completely agree with Smartie about customising your CV for different jobs. Set the tone for the specific job and tell them what they want to read. One two occasions I have been a mum returning to the workforce and on both occasions having wee kids was considered an asset. Both employers admitted that they thought I would be less flighty. Recruitment and training is expensive so they wanted someone who would be happy to stay in the post for more than 5 minutes.

You probably don't have time to scratch your bum at the moment, but you might want to look into gaining more qualifications. Not saying you don't have enough, but I think employers like to see that you have a continuing interest in self-improvement. Don't kow about Aus, but Scotland is very generous when it comes to freebie adult education. I did free night classes when my boy was little and it helped to fill a big 7 year hole on my CV, gave me confidence and ultimately got me the job I have now.

You are a gem and any employer would be lucky to have you. Good luck xxx

My reults are in too and i got a first too :woohoo: i am over the moon and in shock lol Xx

Back