Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

:welcome: to the sunday gang moominmama :D

I am happy to report a 1lb loss this week W00t!! Sum and I are also going to try and do the plan that not be named [STRIKE]Fast Forward[/STRIKE] this week. Looking at it, it is soooo restrictive :eek: I think I will try and do as many days/meals as I can and hope for the best

Welcome moominmama!!! they're a dead friendly bunch here :)

Much better than the group I used to go to!!!
x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hahaha but i do make a good point don't i k :p

I put on 2.5lbs today - didn't think i was that bad through out the week but i had that loss the week before when i should have gained so i'm not too fussed with the gain. As smartie said we are going to try the plan that must not be named this week and see how it goes - So if i report in grumpy and starving then you all know why lol

Oh and just so you all know i will not be properly updating my food diary as the plan can't be discussed on here - Sorry for the disappointment guys as i'm sure reading my diary update is the highlight of your day ;) Xx

Ooohhh the top, secret squirrel SW plan. Give us a wink and a nudge to let us know how it is going.

Well done Smartie on your loss :clap: No worries Sum - it could be all the extra brain cells you are carrying this week lol

Moomin - you speak of "checks". Does this make you Scottish?

What this plan that can't be mentioned? I feel daft asking as you probably can't tell me because it can't be mentioned....Hmmmm....

Hi Joanna, its a menu where we can pick and choose what we want off a list of food, with a small amount of snacking allowed. Its similar to the WW old style points system with lots of weighing :rolleyes:. Its only given to group members (I dont think its even available to the online members) as a last resort to boost or kick start your weight loss.

SW have expressly requested that the finer details of what the plan is, ie the meals, arent discussed on this forum because only SW consultants are allowed to hand it out and I suppose they dont want people doing it for weeks on end or doing it wrong and getting ill.

HTH :D

I think it's perfectly ok that it shouldn't be discussed on fora such as this. However, I do think it is unfair in many ways that it is not information that is equally available to online members who miss out on quite a few benefits that those who attend meetings gain, yet are still charged exhorbitant fees for really only the benefit of being reminded to weigh in and access to their recipe database. Grumble grumble whinge whinge ...... they got my goat - give Reggie back to me!!!!! :rotflmao:

Things are going from bad to plain laughable here now. Having reviewed our budget the only cutback that is left to us to make is getting rid of t'internet but if we do that, then I lose all contact with my family and a resource for my job hunting. The majority of jobs require you to email in resume/cv. Pffffft.

I'm probably just growly because I've given up tea and am suffering caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Rarrrrrrrrrr hear me roar! ..... but shhhhh not too loudly because my head hurts ;) :p so it's more of a gr than a RARRRRRR! .... or a lion with a muffler/silencer on ... that would be about right! :D

Anyway, glad to see that people are sticking with the plan. I'm still steadfastly not doing anything in particular about SW but not beating myself up about it. I'm just looking on it as food is fuel and I'm eating what I need to eat to get by and hoping not to put on weight in the process.

Things will get better! I've decided. Mind you, I decided last week that someone would give me a job for my birthday and that didn't work out quite as I had planned. Dammit and harrumph!

blue*smartie said:
Hi Joanna, its a menu where we can pick and choose what we want off a list of food, with a small amount of snacking allowed. Its similar to the WW old style points system with lots of weighing :rolleyes:. Its only given to group members (I dont think its even available to the online members) as a last resort to boost or kick start your weight loss.

SW have expressly requested that the finer details of what the plan is, ie the meals, arent discussed on this forum because only SW consultants are allowed to hand it out and I suppose they dont want people doing it for weeks on end or doing it wrong and getting ill.

HTH :D

It helps as much as you can!! I'm just a terribly curious person!! It will one day get the better of me although I did manage to get as far as guessing it would be something like you just said :)

Thanks! I do hate being in the dark!
x

Oh Moz how rotten :( Your girl is younger than my boy, but half his homework these days is researching stuff on the internet for school projects. Just another consideration. Hope your luck changes soon :) xxx

congrats on your loss :) is fast forward where two thirds of your plate is superfree ?? i am just stickiing to green in the main perhaps one red on a sunday :) x

amendment i just read your posts above i am still getting the hang of this lol .......i am online member too the perks should be the same dont feel i can go in the flesh due to work kids etc :)

Last edited:
no not scottish it was called weight management here in cumbria :) but only attended for about two months due to work. i dont like public weighing or being 'told off for eating a piece of birthday cake !! i was much nicer to myself which works better for me. so i only weighed about once a month and would perhaps just lose 2lb. i am happy to go back to weekly weigh ins especially whilst in the early days need to make sure its going in the right direction hehehe

Sum said:
Hahaha but i do make a good point don't i k :p

I put on 2.5lbs today - didn't think i was that bad through out the week but i had that loss the week before when i should have gained so i'm not too fussed with the gain. As smartie said we are going to try the plan that must not be named this week and see how it goes - So if i report in grumpy and starving then you all know why lol

Oh and just so you all know i will not be properly updating my food diary as the plan can't be discussed on here - Sorry for the disappointment guys as i'm sure reading my diary update is the highlight of your day ;) Xx

Didnt know you had a diary Sum!!
Sorry about your gain

Well done BS on your weight loss

Kx

hi everyone,
wasnt here on sunday as I didnt weigh in... been sooo many posts since then so well done to the losers and positive hugs for those who were unhappy with gains.
i have gone back to red and greens, did a red day today and i feel great, going to do a session of the 30 day shred soon but just eaten and dont like the thought of turkey and salad bouncing around in my tummy! bleurgh! x

Hi guys, well done to everyone for logging on and sticking with it - the numbers are just numbers, the real victory is doggedly sticking at it week after week and being accountable and keeping at our long-term goals: so we're all totally and utterly awesome!!! I love this group.

I've struggled this week, had a tough emotional day Monday and Tuesday, and made some poor food choices. Am back on a healthy track again though, so am just sticking at it, and not trying to 'make up' for what I've eaten - that's apparently core to Slimming World, to just accept days when you eat a lot as part of the plan and then get back to business as usual.

So, might not see a loss this week, but if I can make sure that I'm back in the rhythm of eating well, exercising well and sticking to this way of eating, that will be a pretty big success for me.

Hope everyone's week is going well - welcome to moominmama too!!

that's apparently core to Slimming World, to just accept days when you eat a lot as part of the plan and then get back to business as usual.

You have your head round this so well. I have no doubt you will do well this week x

Moomin - I did Scottish Slimmers years ago and there were things called checks. I don't remember it particularly promoting healthy eating. The meetings were all about the two-fingered kitkats and how many you could shoehorn into your day within your checks allowance. Maybe it is better now. Whatever you did seems to have worked!

thanks honey sounds like you have it down to a t congrats on your loss to date .....slow and steady we will get there :)

hehehe silly sausage that made me laugh yeah thats what i did its known as scottish slimmers or weightmanagement both same thing. but yeah it has worked but it got to the point where i could only have ten two finger kitkats and no food so i had to change ha ha. i could still have three on sw and eat well too lol i really hope i do well this week tho :)

Awww Moz ((Hugs)) as you always seem to have to face so many problems, but you're always in good spirit and your posts never fail to make me laugh :)

Good to hear that your back on plan honey after 2 emtional days - I'm sure you will do well at WI as you put so much effort into SW (and understand it so well) and your exercising :D

:eek: i am soo unfit! I've just got back from a session of Aerobics and i literally was dying in the hour of exercise we had to do and had to stop several times :rolleyes: lol

Food wise i've managed to stick to the super strick plan and haven't starved...yet :p but that can be attributed to the fact that i've been busy today so had no opportunity to snack. Lets hope i can keep this up Xx

:welcome: to the sunday gang moominmama :D

I am happy to report a 1lb loss this week W00t!! Sum and I are also going to try and do the plan that not be named [STRIKE]Fast Forward[/STRIKE] this week. Looking at it, it is soooo restrictive :eek: I think I will try and do as many days/meals as I can and hope for the best

Am so intrigued by this - not available to us onliners at SW, but I don't think I could handle something so restrictive. Well done on your 1 lb loss!!

2.5 lbs is nothing - you'll lose it in no time with the top secret super duper plan!! And I'm the same, weight loss/gain always catches up with me the week after the week of weigh in, if that makes sense!

I think it's perfectly ok that it shouldn't be discussed on fora such as this. However, I do think it is unfair in many ways that it is not information that is equally available to online members who miss out on quite a few benefits that those who attend meetings gain, yet are still charged exhorbitant fees for really only the benefit of being reminded to weigh in and access to their recipe database. Grumble grumble whinge whinge ...... they got my goat - give Reggie back to me!!!!! :rotflmao:

Things are going from bad to plain laughable here now. Having reviewed our budget the only cutback that is left to us to make is getting rid of t'internet but if we do that, then I lose all contact with my family and a resource for my job hunting. The majority of jobs require you to email in resume/cv. Pffffft.

I'm probably just growly because I've given up tea and am suffering caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Rarrrrrrrrrr hear me roar! ..... but shhhhh not too loudly because my head hurts ;) :p so it's more of a gr than a RARRRRRR! .... or a lion with a muffler/silencer on ... that would be about right! :D

Anyway, glad to see that people are sticking with the plan. I'm still steadfastly not doing anything in particular about SW but not beating myself up about it. I'm just looking on it as food is fuel and I'm eating what I need to eat to get by and hoping not to put on weight in the process.

Things will get better! I've decided. Mind you, I decided last week that someone would give me a job for my birthday and that didn't work out quite as I had planned. Dammit and harrumph!

Awwwww, Ozzie, things are so tough for you and you're always so upbeat and positive - I don't know how you do it, you're a real inspiration to me. Sending you loads of good thoughts and hoping that the second half of 2011 really is your year and lots of good things come your way!

hi everyone,
wasnt here on sunday as I didnt weigh in... been sooo many posts since then so well done to the losers and positive hugs for those who were unhappy with gains.
i have gone back to red and greens, did a red day today and i feel great, going to do a session of the 30 day shred soon but just eaten and dont like the thought of turkey and salad bouncing around in my tummy! bleurgh! x

Good luck with this week, Nettie, you're going to have a great result on Sunday, I just know it!

thanks honey sounds like you have it down to a t congrats on your loss to date .....slow and steady we will get there :)

Definitely - the only thing is, it doesn't FEEL that slow looking back at the last year, lol. But it's averaged a determined 2 lbs a week, so I guess I've never been a dramatically big loser. On the other hand, I quite like the steady loss now, it feels more permanent than when I've lost weight quickly in the past!

You have your head round this so well. I have no doubt you will do well this week x

I don't know, sometimes I think I talk a good game, lol! I think this site/thread helps me so much to keep me on track, we make such a lot of effort to help each other, better than any class I've ever been to!

Good to hear that your back on plan honey after 2 emtional days - I'm sure you will do well at WI as you put so much effort into SW (and understand it so well) and your exercising :D

:eek: i am soo unfit! I've just got back from a session of Aerobics and i literally was dying in the hour of exercise we had to do and had to stop several times :rolleyes: lol

Food wise i've managed to stick to the super strick plan and haven't starved...yet :p but that can be attributed to the fact that i've been busy today so had no opportunity to snack. Lets hope i can keep this up Xx

Thanks!! I hate feeling hungry too, it's a really bad trigger for me. Am so intrigued to find out what your results will be next Tuesday - awesome, I'm sure!!!

Back