Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Madmavey said:
Hi Kwise1

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. I know how you feel. Am just coming to the end of a fortnight off of work on hols and have found a few bad habits resurfacing. I aim to start 100% again from tomorrow and can honestly say that I am looking forward to it. I find it so much easier to stuck to plan when I am in a routine. Good luck for the next week x

Thankyou hun. I think the only reason I am now gonna try is because of my tummy troubles with junk food - I feel so I'll I couldn't possibly continue. Shall we buddy up?

joanna25 said:
Does anyone know if there is a blackberry app for this site?

Kwise I agree with you about the quiet thing! I've been quiet due to lack of acessibility on phone. I love my bb but the iphone did have that nifty app!

Yes the app is great - but when u use it like I do as a kinda messaging site and there's no activity - it makes me sad :(

silly sausage said:
(((hugs for Kwise)))

It's a horrible feeling isn't it. When I feel like that (like last night) it is like I am a woman possessed and the common sense part of the brain is switched off. I don't think I even taste the food. Might as well just mainline it into my fat belly.

Anyway, there is a tried and tested solution, so that's good news! A few weeks ago I did a week of "set menu". I worked out what I would need for a nutritionally balanced day and stuck to the same thing every day for a week. It meant I didn't have to think about food. I think this is good from time to time as I can overthink the plan sometimes.

I am off work for a week so there is a danger that I could have an epic fall off the wagon this week. To try to prevent this, I am going to revisit the "set menu" week. A holiday from thinking about food!

Kwise - is this something that would appeal to you too? As for the thread being quiet, that is true. Maybe it is the holidays. Dunno. How about joining one of the challenge threads such as speedy foods, drinking water, walking 100 miles, losing weight in July etc? We are keeping you here obviously as you are a great mate and the thread recipe queen, but other threads may be a bit more lively and would keep you interested in the plan. Just a thought.

silly sausage said:
Sorry Joanna, my phone is like a paper cup with a piece of string tied to it. Sure someone here will know though :)

PS...Kwise - as I am off work this week, I can kick your bum everyday if you like :D x

Kick away SS!!

I do plan my menus - I can't work without that -sad eh?? Every Friday without fail, I write a weeks menu for our Tea and put the ingredients on a shopping list.

I think it's more the naughty side of my brain saying "eat chocolate." "eat crap" lol
And when I eat it I can honestly say it doesn't even touch the sides !!!!

Kx

Thankyou Girlies

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do plan my menus - I can't work without that -sad eh?? Every Friday without fail, I write a weeks menu for our Tea and put the ingredients on a shopping list.

My plan is even more anal though lol as it is the same breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

I was inspired when our Elaine went over to Slimfast for a while. I liked the idea of not having to think too much about food and of meals being all nutritionally worked out for you. It is my version of SF, but without the astronaut sachets.

silly sausage said:
My plan is even more anal though lol as it is the same breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

I was inspired when our Elaine went over to Slimfast for a while. I liked the idea of not having to think too much about food and of meals being all nutritionally worked out for you. It is my version of SF, but without the astronaut sachets.

Lol- my breakfasts are generally the same (42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran ) and so are my lunches (uncle bens rice - usually Mexican - but occasionally I stray and have mushroom ....eek) , but changing my tea makes it more enjoyable. Plus I would get bored and I'm not sure what DH would think having the same tea for 7 evenings- lol.

I can only think that cos I have pretty much been 100% since Jan - something had to give at some point- 7 months is a long time!

I still wanna reach my goal weight and interim targets - they are still important to me. I think my complacency set in when I hit a healthy weight. Although I am struggling to maintain it.

But with your strong foot I am sure I will get there!!

Kx

I see what you mean. You are no longer overweight so there is no urgency to lose weight. I think you need a challenge of some kind. Something to aim for, not necessarily weight loss. What about an exercise or water or fruit challenge? It would give you a new, fresh focus and the side effects may benefit your weight loss and lift your mood into the bargain.

Kwise1 said:
Thankyou hun. I think the only reason I am now gonna try is because of my tummy troubles with junk food - I feel so I'll I couldn't possibly continue. Shall we buddy up?

Yes the app is great - but when u use it like I do as a kinda messaging site and there's no activity - it makes me sad :(

Kick away SS!!

I think it's more the naughty side of my brain saying "eat chocolate." "eat crap" lol
And when I eat it I can honestly say it doesn't even touch the sides !!!!

Kx

Thankyou Girlies

Am all up for buddying up how do we do it?

Good idea sausage :)

I have been struggling a bit with work hence not posting as much. Sorry.

Kwise, I can completely sympathise. I agree with sausage though - maybe having a challenge will motivate you a bit more ?

I have decided to WI a day early. I am away for the weekend and next WI opportunity would be Wednesday. I thought maybe if I have my gain now it will help keep me focused for the weekend and next week because I don't want 2 gains in a row. I have put on 3 lbs oops. Deserved so I can't complain. Not all a bad week but enough to do that. So I am off for a 'semi flexi synned' week ie some meals will be off plan but not the whole weekend. Aiming to limit the damage and then focus for next week. Good luck tomorrow everyone. I'll be checking up when I get back.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi peeps. I guess I just usually come on here on a sunday after weigh in - nekkid hehe!! That's why I don't come on so much but if I know people are coming on then I'd come on a lot more. I could do with a few "buddies" myself.

Kwise if you weren't on this plan then you would still have to plan meals etc. I actually think it is easier to plan meals when you are on this plan than when you aren't but that is just me. I am having to get my head round it mentally - there are so many psychological issues with eating and losing/gaining weight and food. Right now I am also trying to lower my syns and have no chocolate etc as once you start having sugar you just crave it again - I am trying to cut it out as much as poss and just have the odd little treat here and there. An interesting book to read is the Harcombe diet where she talks about effects of certain foods on your body and why we gain weight in the first place. Similar but not quite the same as SW but very interesting. In the past when I have done SW I have been more focussed on syns and how I can fit them in. This time I am focussed on free food and syns don't really get a look in! This way if I do have the odd treat it is not a big deal. Well, this is what I am aiming for anyway - a change for life.

In other news I have made some great recipes this last week. I tried the philly mushrooms with steak - oh wow that was yummmmm and then the tuna melt (with philly ) for lunch a couple of times and the Prawn paella - big hit with hubby who is s fussy eater and last night i tried the mushroom and lentil loaf - nice hot and cold although I am wondering what I can do to make it stick together better.

Kwise why don't you try doing Mix 2 Max for a change??

Hope you all get a good weigh in tomorrow. I have a week till I go away. I am a bit gutted as I bought some new jeans a few weeks ago and they were too small!!! I was hoping I would lose enough to get into them by the time I go away but not sure I will or not. One more week. Eeeeeek!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have put on 3 lbs oops. Deserved so I can't complain. Not all a bad week but enough to do that.

Well done Gail on your outlook. I think 11 months ago that same result would have had your mind catastrophising and you would have been really gutted. Now you take little gains in your stride and know that it is not the end of the world. Life gets in the way of weight loss sometimes, but you now have all the inner resources to sort it out. Have a great week next week :D x

last night i tried the mushroom and lentil loaf - nice hot and cold although I am wondering what I can do to make it stick together better.

It looks fab in your food diary. I think crumbliness may just be in its nature. I make mine in a silicone loaf tin and it comes out in one piece and can be lifted with a fish slice. It still crumbles when I stick a fork in it though. Food all goes the same way anyway so I wouldn't worry lol

Hey all! Sorry, I have been quiet too, mostly out of guilt!! I have been eating more like a maintainer than a loser and I guess only lost about 1 lb in 2/3 weeks! End of term can't be bothered!! Hubby says he will start sw properly with me next weekend ( end of term ) so I am sure that will inspire me! Although he is likely to lose loads quickly and make me mad!! Tee hee!

Hope to get running again then too. I guess the good thing is that I have more confidence that I can maintain now as i make much better choices ! It's just when losing we need to make excellent choices ;-)
You hang in there kwise, don't give up, as others have said, find your fresh challenge.
Love to you all!
X

Hey all! Sorry, I have been quiet too, mostly out of guilt!! I have been eating more like a maintainer than a loser and I guess only lost about 1 lb in 2/3 weeks! End of term can't be bothered!! Hubby says he will start sw properly with me next weekend ( end of term ) so I am sure that will inspire me! Although he is likely to lose loads quickly and make me mad!! Tee hee!

Hope to get running again then too. I guess the good thing is that I have more confidence that I can maintain now as i make much better choices ! It's just when losing we need to make excellent choices ;-)
You hang in there kwise, don't give up, as others have said, find your fresh challenge.
Love to you all!
X

Hey Woodland Girl. I think maintaining is the hard part. I have lost successfully several times on this plan only to have put it all back on! Hopefully things will change for good this time around. xxx

Yeah, I am sure it is difficult to maintain. I think I have to remember how much hard work losing is so that I don't put myself through this again! Lol x

Woodland Girl - you OH sounds like a gem. Don't be disheartened if he loses loads cos he is a boy :) You will be on your hols soon and starting a new eating and running chapter. This is exciting indeed! Good luck x

Hi ss, yes, he is a gem and I am looking forward to helping each other with it. Not sure how he will feel when i syn his beers though! Lol
Yes, I think he will lose loads first week, which will be nice cos it will make him feel good !

I ate too much junk today, I need to get my syns back down to 10-15 not 15-25!!!
X

i am over last weeks tantrum and have now decided to stick to sunday weigh ins.....i'm sure it'll be fine....must stop beating myself up :)

good luck in the morning guys...i might be a later weigher inner if i don't get out of my pit.....xx

Well, I have been fluctuating 10.5- 10.9 for three weeks! Today I am 10.8. All my fault for eating too many syns!!! Today I plan to dig up some spuds and turnips to make soup, and might treat myself to a gym trip to get motivated again!!
We will also be building more of our firewood shelter in between rain showers !!

Have a good day all
X

Back