Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

my chopper has been complimented in the past... :giggle:

Sneers at Sausage's inferior '1/2 a tin of chickpea at a time' chopper :p

Runs in fear from Why-D's 'turbo charged' chopper ;)

I am gonna get myself a weapon of mass destruction chopper :D

tbh i've no real love for him myself, it was the reviews that swayed me and am glad they did, lol

I have no chopper .... and that is all I am prepared to say on the subject. Apart from the fact that I want one... :eek: :D

On the subject of choppers, I manned up yesterday and weighed myself. Oh good god, what have I done to myself ... wahhhhhh! It seems my wishful thinking that I wasn't putting on any weight was indeed wishful thinking. It would have been a miracle had it been true because although I haven't been eating much by way of cakes, sweets, crisps or treats of any variety I have just been eating whatever the family has and been eating way too many jam sandwiches for brekkie/lunch. My defence is that they are cheap and cheerful and all that the budget runs to, but for some inexplicable reason my scales aren't making allowances for this and refuse to deduct some pounds on the grounds of poverty. Curse them!!!

I have decided that I need to do something about this so I'm going to do my best to stick to plan starting this week. It's going to involve me cooking different dinners but at the end of the day I'm going to have to do it or risk getting depressed about my weight, I have enough other woes without starting to dislike myself.

This morning I have cooked a pot of veggie chilli using up a packet of quorn mince I had in the freezer. I've never used it before so I'm hoping I don't hate it. Having said that I can't do it too often as Quorn mince costs heaps here. I got into a bit of a mess as I used silly sausages suggestion of bagging it up in ziplock bags instead of wasting freezer space on containers. I don't think I have quite mastered the art yet but practice should make perfect. I hope!

That is 4 nights dinners made all bar the rice/veggies/potato. That I can vary according to what I'm doing the rest of the family. I saw red capsicum on sale this morning so I'm going to make some kidney bean risotto which will do me a couple of days. I'll wait and see how I get on with quorn mince before I batch cook some spag bol. Cooking this way and in the mornings might be the way for me to go.

Sorry for the self-centred ramble :eek:

Oh and I am now 174 lbs, which going back to my original stats which I wiped means that I have only lost 16 lbs total, and I am 12 lbs heavier than I was at my lowest point and 6 lbs heavier than I was when I totally gave up on weighing etc.... I'm setting my stats back to my original start point at 190 lbs. Realisitically, I don't expect to do hugely well but I'm going to do the best as I can in the circumstances til life improves, I owe this much to myself.

Meh! Enough self-indulgence!! HUGE congrats to Honey!! You've done and are doing so so well!! 100lbs gone - you are a star!! I just need you to parcel me up some of your determination and I'll be following in your footsteps on a steady march downwards!

... and congrats to everyone else as there are some great losses this week!! Hello to all the new bods, good luck and stick with us because we are lovely! :p :D

Finally, thanks for all the kind wishes and commiserations to do with my interview. I don't do rejection well but I've got to keep on keeping on and so am back to sending off applications today. I have quite a variety to send off over the next couple of days!

I'll shut up now! Oooh it's brekkie time - I've been so busy it's nearly 11 and I've not eaten and I've been up since 6!

My first weigh in and 4lb loss, a fantastic start. I'm a very happy lady. Fingers crossed for another good week.

What a terrific start - well done!!

Well done everyone. Thanks for having me.

- 3 lb loss this morning.

Loving this thread, everyone is amazing.

That's a terrific loss, huge well done Emowyn!

Well, half a pound off for me this week (well, actually 1.5lb, as I had a small gain last week which I expected and didn't record, as I'd set a target for STS over 2 weeks when I knew I would be off-plan for at least half the time!) So, I've beaten my target of STS over the two weeks where I knew I would be facing lots of temptation - including 4 meals out, 2 takeaways and a birthday celebration with lots of cake and wine!

It just shows that if you make sensible choices where you can - and don't write a week off just because you have a few disastrous days - you can still lose! :D

I am really chuffed and now only 2.5lbs off my lightest weight in the last 8 years - I achieved 12st 2 with SW in 2003, only to give up and put it all back on again and more... Not this time!

Good luck to anyone still to WI xxxx

Thanks Spanx, huge well done - you're really inspirational, and you look AMAZING in your photos!!!

I am the queen of STS once again :|

Hey Pinkie! Well, STS is a victory, and you're still here and posting - go you!

So an STS for me - well chuffed!

Not gonna be good today - a day off plan as there is a lot of food leftover from yesterday - which I never had!!

Kx

Good luck you-all

and Honey - I am shedding a tear for you too on your loss

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Well done, Kwise, and thank you so much!!! Yesterday was really kind of emotional for me, and it was soooooooooooo good to post that!

Well hello there.

No I haven't been abducted (although that sounds vaguely like an exercise machine so it may have been useful) - just been on holiday and working etc...and also if I'm honest not on plan ALTHOUGH not put on a drastic amount so v pleased about that. I just felt that, not having my head in the right place, I didn't want to come on here and moan about it. I have missed you all though..

HONEY!!!!! Well done! I could kiss you! When I logged back in - your progress was the very first thing I looked for! (Not in a weird "stalking" kind of way - but a "I hope she's done it!!" way...:bliss:)
I am soooo pleased for you. You continue to be a very real inspiration to me.

Back on track now and feeling fine. 1.5lbs off today. Thank you lunches of couscous over the week I couldn't have done it without you!

It's nice to be back.
xxxx

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, couscous!! Well done on the loss, that's terrific. And thank you for the lovely comment, this site is so supportive and encouraging - million times better than a 'real life' class if you ask me!

Wow!! this place is so busy today :D Well done for all your losses so far, commiserations to those that have gained

33mv32g.jpg

Awwwwwwwww, Blue, made me burst into tears again!!! That's so sweet and lovely, lol. Absolutely love it!

Looks like without meaning to iv become a Sunday weighter, 1lb loss for me this week.

We get everyone in the end :D Huge well done.

Weighed myself early yesterday and it was a STS :((((( majorly unhappy as i wanted 1.5 off to get my stone. Then I tootled off to my mums where home made apple pie was staring at me till I caved. Then it was crisp and a dime bar grrrrrrr... I started so well as well. Anyway home now and starving but not got much in so am cooking some savoury rice and some spinach and mushroom curry - i have no tins toms so I am doing it without which might be a bit weird.

Congrats to all the losers today and welcome to all the newcomers. This is a great weigh day - lots of lovely peeps to encourage you. xx

Awwww, don't be down, you're doing so well! How did the curry turn out without tomatoes?

I have no chopper .... and that is all I am prepared to say on the subject. Apart from the fact that I want one... :eek: :D

On the subject of choppers, I manned up yesterday and weighed myself. Oh good god, what have I done to myself ... wahhhhhh! It seems my wishful thinking that I wasn't putting on any weight was indeed wishful thinking. It would have been a miracle had it been true because although I haven't been eating much by way of cakes, sweets, crisps or treats of any variety I have just been eating whatever the family has and been eating way too many jam sandwiches for brekkie/lunch. My defence is that they are cheap and cheerful and all that the budget runs to, but for some inexplicable reason my scales aren't making allowances for this and refuse to deduct some pounds on the grounds of poverty. Curse them!!!

I have decided that I need to do something about this so I'm going to do my best to stick to plan starting this week. It's going to involve me cooking different dinners but at the end of the day I'm going to have to do it or risk getting depressed about my weight, I have enough other woes without starting to dislike myself.

This morning I have cooked a pot of veggie chilli using up a packet of quorn mince I had in the freezer. I've never used it before so I'm hoping I don't hate it. Having said that I can't do it too often as Quorn mince costs heaps here. I got into a bit of a mess as I used silly sausages suggestion of bagging it up in ziplock bags instead of wasting freezer space on containers. I don't think I have quite mastered the art yet but practice should make perfect. I hope!

That is 4 nights dinners made all bar the rice/veggies/potato. That I can vary according to what I'm doing the rest of the family. I saw red capsicum on sale this morning so I'm going to make some kidney bean risotto which will do me a couple of days. I'll wait and see how I get on with quorn mince before I batch cook some spag bol. Cooking this way and in the mornings might be the way for me to go.

Sorry for the self-centred ramble :eek:

Oh and I am now 174 lbs, which going back to my original stats which I wiped means that I have only lost 16 lbs total, and I am 12 lbs heavier than I was at my lowest point and 6 lbs heavier than I was when I totally gave up on weighing etc.... I'm setting my stats back to my original start point at 190 lbs. Realisitically, I don't expect to do hugely well but I'm going to do the best as I can in the circumstances til life improves, I owe this much to myself.

Meh! Enough self-indulgence!! HUGE congrats to Honey!! You've done and are doing so so well!! 100lbs gone - you are a star!! I just need you to parcel me up some of your determination and I'll be following in your footsteps on a steady march downwards!

... and congrats to everyone else as there are some great losses this week!! Hello to all the new bods, good luck and stick with us because we are lovely! :p :D

Finally, thanks for all the kind wishes and commiserations to do with my interview. I don't do rejection well but I've got to keep on keeping on and so am back to sending off applications today. I have quite a variety to send off over the next couple of days!

I'll shut up now! Oooh it's brekkie time - I've been so busy it's nearly 11 and I've not eaten and I've been up since 6!

Hello!!!!!!!!! Oh lustrous founder of this thread, it's like you're our leader :D

Thank you for being so lovely - and it's always better to weigh in and get the fear factor sorted, and then to get on with it. I know you've had a tough tough year, we're all here to encourage and support you!!!

Oh lustrous founder of this thread, it's like you're our leader :D

Thank you for being so lovely - and it's always better to weigh in and get the fear factor sorted, and then to get on with it. I know you've had a tough tough year, we're all here to encourage and support you!!!

Hehehe - if I'm the leader then we're all seriously in need of help! :rotflmao:

I've been very good so far and very pleased with myself, but it will only work if I keep at it. I have my determined head on though, I got it out the cupboard and dusted it off specially!

fm Spanx -Wow Susie, that's fantastic! Have you been doing something different? (How do you copy the quotes)

Spanx - Haven't been doing anything different except plannig my meals and cutting down on my syns.

This week however, I am going to join a 6 week boot-camp. Serious exercise three times a week - My sister goes and advises me that its fantastic - Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I have three weeks until I go on holiday so lets see how much damage I can do in this time.

After losing 2lbs last week - I had a naughty day yesterday - Hope it doesn;t affect my coming week. I will be excellent the rest of the week. Speak to you soon XXXXX

P.S. - Honey - Congratulations on your massive milestone - 100lbs that is absoutely fantastic - you must be proud of yourself XXXXXXX

Last edited:
This morning I have cooked a pot of veggie chilli using up a packet of quorn mince I had in the freezer. I've never used it before so I'm hoping I don't hate it.
I'll wait and see how I get on with quorn mince before I batch cook some spag bol. Cooking this way and in the mornings might be the way for me to go.

Oooh I love quorn chilli, very easy to make, I prefer it even to chilli made with mince as you get no fat whatsoever with it and I often find with mince that even if you use lean mince and rinse it it is still swimming in fat!!!

I wasn't so keen on it in spag bol though as found it too spongy...I think I am a little odd.......

blubex said:
I wasn't so keen on it in spag bol though as found it too spongy...I think I am a little odd.......

Haha I know what you mean by "spongy" but I still love Quorn spag bol :D

get yourself a mini chopper:rolleyes: and chop up a few carrots with your onions and that should sort that spongy bit out and add added superfree :D

Hey Moz - well done on weighing in and making a plan :D I believe that in the southern hemisphere it is currently lettuce planting season...hurrah! You mentioned before you had a garden. I can't recommend planting lettuce seeds enough. They cost pennies and grow like weeds. I have lettuce coming out my ears here! Just snip off random leaves and they grow again....it is like having a magic porridge pot of superfree only feet away from the kitchen :greenapple:

Attachments

• DSCF3658.jpg
    DSCF3658.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 21
Well that's day 1 successfully completed! Only lapse was a couple of cornflake cakes from my old friend. LittleOzMoz and I went round for tea and cake with her after school. She is lovely and she and her partner are very fond of LittleOM. I don't think they get much contact with youngsters.

Anyway, other than that it was weetbix with skimmed milk for brekkie, omelette and beans for lunch and kidney bean risotto for dinner. I might have had too much milk/cheese over the course of the day, I'll have to watch that as I think it's often been my downfall.

Getting the house ready for a house inspection on Friday by the rental agents so that will keep me busy this morning and then job applications this afternoon. That is Plan A. I'm going to formulate a more enjoyable Plan B later as I don't like the sound of Plan A much :rotflmao:

I might try my quorn chilli today. I'm quite looking forward to it as it's a first for me! I'm going to mainly stick to green days as I find them easier generally and I think I'm a bit of a wannabe vegetarian as too much meat in a week seems to disagree with me.

On my want list I'm going to add a mini-chopper as I do get tired of chopping veg!

Well I better go as it's time to hurry my girly up to get dressed for school and nearly time to wake OH for work!

Sleep well :)

Hey Moz - well done on weighing in and making a plan :D I believe that in the southern hemisphere it is currently lettuce planting season...hurrah! You mentioned before you had a garden. I can't recommend planting lettuce seeds enough. They cost pennies and grow like weeds. I have lettuce coming out my ears here! Just snip off random leaves and they grow again....it is like having a magic porridge pot of superfree only feet away from the kitchen :greenapple:

Lettuce out of your ears? I've heard of cauliflower ears, but lettuce ears is a first! :p

I'll have a word with OH as the garden is his department, I'll see if I can have a little area for veg! It's quite topical because people here often whinge about the price of lettuce! I don't because I never used to pay attention to prices in England, so I can't say if it's exhorbitant or not!

Back