Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well, I don't know what happened, but I had curry sauce and chips last night for my tea, sigh. I think it's because my combi microwave broke, and I just went for the easier option, rather than trying to sort something out.

But apart from that, usual healthy eating choices. I want to lose at least a pound this week, so am going to be walking etc and eating fresh healthy food today and this week.

All this talk of ch opping is inspiring me! I have the ingredients here to make a veg spag bol tonight, and that will be a couple of lunches and one for the freezer as well....Mmmmmmmmmm

I miss Quorn mince and sausages, it's really hard to get them here and when you find them it cost £8 for a small bag of mince or sausages :eek:. I haven't splurged out on these yet!

I also miss real bacon with my cooked breakfast, the turkey stuff just doesnt cut it for me!

Attending day 1 of the 6 week boot camp this evening - will update how it went later.

They tend to follow a low gi diet which also fits well into Slimming world. I had poached eggs on toast for breakfast and tuna & rice for lunch, for dinner I am going to have chicken with peri-peri sauce and salad. (they don't like you to use carbs in the evening.) The diet is more strict but if I want to lower my weight before my holiday I need to be more careful.

Hope everyone is doing well this week XXXX

Good luck susienoz , I did 30+ mins on the Wii fit, don't think it will compare in the slightest to bootcamp.

I had a NSV today!! The doc told me I have a "sports injury". This makes me an athlete :winner: Achilles tendinosis - fixable with stretching exercises and avoiding high impact exercise for a while.

Honey - forget the chips. It is what you eat for your next meal that makes you a champion miniminer :D

£8 for a small bag of quorn mince EEK! :eek:

Ouch ss, I had that, took a year to heal !! My top tips
DO the stretches and exercises
Massage tendon and calf
Rub ice over the area for about 10 mins so it gets dead cold. Then as it warms up, blood rushes to the area and brings good healing stuff with it. That's the technical term! As it gets better carry on with the stretches ect

Hope it gets better soon sports lady!
X

Back from my first session at boot camp. What a session. It included a lot of exercises with the kettlebell today - so my arms will be hurting tomorrow. They say no pain no gain so hoping for good results.

Looking forward to the session on Thursday now XXXX

P.S. - Honey - Congratulations on your massive milestone - 100lbs that is absoutely fantastic - you must be proud of yourself XXXXXXX

Thank you, lovely Suzienoz, that's so nice of you!!!

Hehehe - if I'm the leader then we're all seriously in need of help! :rotflmao:

I've been very good so far and very pleased with myself, but it will only work if I keep at it. I have my determined head on though, I got it out the cupboard and dusted it off specially!

Woo hoo - always good to have a spare head. I want to make lots of head jokes now, but will be grown up :D

Honey, the curry was fab!! In fact it is going on my regular list of things to cook. Yumm yumm.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well done - I love getting a new recipe!

I had a NSV today!! The doc told me I have a "sports injury". This makes me an athlete :winner: Achilles tendinosis - fixable with stretching exercises and avoiding high impact exercise for a while.

Honey - forget the chips. It is what you eat for your next meal that makes you a champion miniminer :D

£8 for a small bag of quorn mince EEK! :eek:

Oh my god, that made me laugh - I loved this so much "that makes me an athlete". I love this thread full stop!!

Back from my first session at boot camp. What a session. It included a lot of exercises with the kettlebell today - so my arms will be hurting tomorrow. They say no pain no gain so hoping for good results.

Looking forward to the session on Thursday now XXXX

Oooh, sounds good - fingers crossed!

Hope everyone's out there making healthy food choices tonight! I'm having a great day - asparagus, stir fry, some pasta. Feel energised and healthy, so all good in my corner of the world! Thinking of you all, I want a fabulous weigh in for all of us for each Sunday in 2011 (and beyond!). Just imagine where we will all be by Christmas?

Twenty weeks to go - I reckon I can average 1.5 lbs, or another two stone by Christmas. That's unbelievable, but very very do-able. That's kind of my goal just now...

Had a prawn and noodle stir fry tonight which was nice. Good job as I am pretty low at the minute and it would be very easy to turn and give in to the old comfort foods.

Honey - to lose 2 stone by Christmas would be most excellent for me. I am up for the challenge.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just got back from a swim! I'm loving it at the mo, wasn't even thinking about swimming, I was just going up and down and up and down... Nice bit of exercise :)

I also miss real bacon with my cooked breakfast, the turkey stuff just doesnt cut it for me!

You can still have real bacon, you just have to cut ALL the visible fat off it BEFORE you cook it. :)

I had a NSV today!! The doc told me I have a "sports injury". This makes me an athlete :winner:

*crying*
I love 'This makes me an athelete' written as if it is a definitive fact. Hope your ankle gets better soon, as London 2012 wont be the same without you :p

I want to make lots of head jokes now, but will be grown up :D

As they say, it's the thought that counts ;) :D

All is good here, apart from family dramas which on the plus side totally put me off eating. I did still eat as I know you shouldn't skip meals etc... but it meant that I wasn't hungry which is good in a way! :) oooh I had some of my veggie quorn chilli, my first go with quorn mince, I really liked it! It was by no means the same as meat mince but it was very enjoyable! I couldn't be bothered cooking rice so I had it with leftover mash and veggies from the night before so it had a few syns as there was marge and milk in the mash but it was only a little bit.

I think I did very well yesterday and was within my syns allowance and had 2As and 1B.

No idea what I'm going to eat today, no money so I think it might be more kidney bean risotto for lunch and chilli for dinner again. I know variety is good but at least this way I can stick to plan which is better than nothing!

Anyway, it's that time of day where I must go harrass LittleOM.... sounds a bit like meditation.... ommmmmmmmmm! Bye for now :wavey:

Thanks Woodland Girl for the tips :) x I can see the ice thing working!

I saw a leaflet for Boot Camp at our local sports centre (where all the athletes hang out :rolleyes:) and it looked brutal. Photos of people running across fields carrying tyres :eek: Well done Susie.

Pinkie - I am so jealous of your big swim today :D I've been sorting out school uniforms and boring stuff tonight as the kids go back tomorrow :(

Moz - glad you liked the mince :D Do you still have any of those bargain peppers? You could stuff one with some risotto and mince and bake it...mmmm.

Sounds lovely - how long would I bake it for and at what heat? I'm a self-confessed cooking numbskull! :eek:

Sorry for being AWOL. Have been away and it's taken me 45 mins to read the missing posts !!!

I lost 5 this week. Was 100% all week and did loads of swimming. This means I get my 4 stone sticky back. Should be chuffed, but most of me thinks I shouldn't have lost it weeks ago in the first place.

And then add your 2.5lbs to take you below 200 for your anniversary. Yaaaaaay.

Hi Guys,

I am starting Slimming World at home tomorrow. I can't go to class as I work from 8am - 10pm and there are no weekend classes in my area :(

Don't usually do very well on my own so hope I can join you on the sunday weigh ins :)

I have 6 stone to loose :( x

Welcome zoda. Please don't think of it as 6 stone, think of it as half a stone, then another half a stone etc. There is no way that I thought I would lose this much weight ever but all I did was think about the next half stone and before I knew it, I was several stone lighter and feeling amazing. You can do it and we will help you as much as we can :)

Well done everyone. Thanks for having me.

- 3 lb loss this morning.

Loving this thread, everyone is amazing.

Welcome, well done and yes, they are amazing :)

Wow!! this place is so busy today :D Well done for all your losses so far, commiserations to those that have gained

33mv32g.jpg

*snogs Smartie*

Thank you for the wonderful creation. I love it! :D

Now, I thought I was special when you put a lovely picture on my thread for my anniversary. Now I know that I'm not special, just one of the crowd.................:p

I have a bit of an allergy to Gordon Ramsay, I'm afraid.

Yum yum, Gordon Ramsay cooks delicious food *drools*

Ha ha ha ha ha :D

Moz, sorry to hear about your job. I wish I could wave my magic wand but it appears to be broken at the moment. Stick with it because something else will come up. I agree with some of the others, often these things happen for a reason, it just would be nice to know now what that reason was ! Big hugs.

My SW anniversary was also this week. I gained 2 lbs but I was away on 'hols' and I ate a lot of pudding so I don't care (and I am hoping to have a fairly good loss this week judging by the scales this week so far). I will repost my anniversary post from my thread here next. Apologies for the long rambling thread but those of you who know me well, know that's only to be expected !

Gail x

WARNING. LONG RAMBLING POST (posted (slightly abridged version but only slightly :p) from my diary thread !) - apologies to those who have already read it there.

So, my SW anniversary post. How do I feel ? I feel fantastic. I have finished my first year on SW with a total loss of 5 stone 2.5lb. Start size 24-26, currently 14-16. I have had several holidays in that time and eaten a total of 16 michelin stars !!!! I can't believe that I have actually managed this. Despite a (net) maintain for the last 2 months I am ready to start losing again and feeling more positive about SW than I have for a long time. I have decided that by the time of the next holiday in November I want to have lost the rest of the holiday gain (from June) plus at least another half a stone. I may revise my target downwards nearer the time but that's my start point. I would like to lose 3 lb this week (ie the gain of 2 lb plus at least another 1).

What has changed:

I don't worry about sitting next to others on trains/planes/theatre seats and having to be uncomfortable holding my arms in

I don't take my own towel to hotels etc because theirs will fit round me

I can shop in 'normal' shops for clothes/shoes

I have so much more confidence in so many ways that you just can't always put into words

I am so proud of myself.

And probably so many more things that will come to me after I press send.

Minimins has helped me INCREDIBLY so - people here have kept me going when things were difficult, looked out for me and the people that have inspired me have moved me from just thinking that I'd lose a bit to be a bit happier and healthier to thinking that one day I might not be overweight. BMI is definitely NOT everything but I would love to be considered not overweight for the first time in my life. My year has taught me that I will never be 'normal' - I will always have some hang ups about my body and probably will always feel overweight (not all the time but some of the time at least) and I will always want to overeat (my time so far on SW has taught me this), however SW has given me the tools to control this. I don't intend to ever come off SW but as it doesn't feel like a diet to me, that's ok with me.

So, I am looking forward to this weeks loss and the start of year 2 on SW. Hopefully the last 'losing year' and after that maintaining but I actually don't care whether it isn't. I was lucky that my weight came off pretty quickly early on but if I become a tortoise from now on, I'm in good company

With grateful thanks to all my friends here on Minimins,

Gail xxxxx

WARNING. LONG RAMBLING POST

With grateful thanks to all my friends here on Minimins,

Gail xxxxx

Re the Long Rambling post ..... if I said anything it would a clearcut case of the pot calling the kettle black.... which makes no sense really as my kettle is stainless steel and also isn't called a kettle here and they insist on me calling it a "jug" - it's not a bloody jug, it's a kettle!! I refuse to comply!

Anyway, all I wanted to say was a BIG well done to you Gail, and that you are positively lovely and always say the kindest things. That's why I went looking for you yesterday and stumbled into sausage territory in doing so :rotflmao: It's dangerous in there, she has mafioso cheese with pointy bits on guard!

Well done Gail - 5 stone 2.5 lb - Wow !! I admire you. I have lost a stone and can feel a difference - I can't imagine how you feel.

You should be proud of yourself and good luck for the rest of you slimming world journey XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Back