Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Gail - happy anniversary.

It is sometimes all those little things and they are things people take for granted and seem so insignificant. For me it's always buses....being able to get off a bus without knocking someone out with my ass would be great....
Well done. x

Congrats Gail. That is soooo wonderful and such an inspiration to us all. The fact that you have stuck with it for so long and have no intentions of coming off plan speaks volumes. All the best for your second year. xxx

Grats Gail. Hope year two is fab.

I'm off on holiday at the end of October to New Orleans. Where everything seems to be fried in butter and dipped in cream !!! Think I will be majorly off plan. Eek. I'll try to be good but I expect a bit of a gain when I get back.

Sounds lovely - how long would I bake it for and at what heat? I'm a self-confessed cooking numbskull! :eek:

Sorry, no idea. Google says anything from between 20 - 45 minutes :confused: I would err on the lower end as your stuffing is already cooked.

Emowyn - how exciting! I have been watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network. The programme visits independent restaurants in the States and I am :eek::eek::eek: at the portion sizes lol

Congrats gail! You're doing fantastic!

Well I was a very good girly yesterday! Another green day and sticking to plan. Yesterday's lunch wasn't the most exciting though as I was in a hurry and didn't have much food in that I could create with so I had an old couscous that was in the cupboard, one of the Ainsley Harriot ones but I didn't have anything to have with it so it was on it's own. It tasted nice but as I said not terribly exciting as lunches go :rotflmao:

It's a pain in the bum not eating the same as the family although last night I had the same as them in so far as it was mash with veggies (peas, corn, broccoli, carrot and cauliflower) but they had their's with mince and onion gravy and I had mine with quorn chilli - actually the same as the night before. It is handy having it all pre-cooked in the freezer, so I'm going to stick with doing that.

No idea what is on the menu for today, I'll have to do thinking when I'm on the way to school with LittleOM.

Hope everyone is having a good week! I feel quite good that I'm taking control again, I suppose the fact that it's not easy is also making it feel more worthwhile, and I do like a challenge! :D

Yay well done Ozzie. I love home cooked freezer meals. They are the staple of my plan :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Or at least they were until my freezer defrosted last week when the power went off while I was away ..........:(

Sent from my iPhone

Or at least they were until my freezer defrosted last week when the power went off while I was away ..........:(

Sent from my iPhone

Oh poop, that's no good! Hope you didn't lose too much food! I was gutted after the cyclone we had earlier this year, all the power went off and we had to chuck out a fair bit. Can't grumble too much though as the government grant we were given afterwards more than covered what we lost by some considerable way! I must say that that is one thing that Australia is very good about giving grants following natural disasters etc...

I'm having a silly morning running round in circles mainly created by OH - I think he is on a keep me busy mission! I have no idea why :rotflmao: I've got plenty to do in the house ready for tomorrows inspection and I want to do some cooking to help keep me on track. Oh and a job application - oh joy!! :rolleyes: :D

Ugh... I wrote a lot more than that but my phone app and browser have decided to play up.

I've got it working again! Lol. Will be buying some tesco value black tights at lunch I think, might just work until I get home!

Bit annoyed though, I love these trousers, they're the black light cargo type which I don't think are sold anymore, as summer is nearly over. :(

They are a bit big at the mo to be honest, was gonna buy a belt for them!

Well yesterday took a strange but lovely turn yesterday. I bumped into a friend of a friend at the shops who asked if I knew anyone that wanted a Staffy pup, so I said we would actually love one as our dog is getting old now and it would be good if we were to get another one to have her around to teach it manners. I asked her how much it would cost as we really can't afford to buy one and that would probably mean we couldn't have her, and she said it was going to be free to a good home! So spoke to OH, he agreed I could get her for LittleOM as a belated birthday present, and Bob's your uncle, we now have a 5 week old pup! She is gorgeous! LittleOM nearly cried she was so happy, it is her dream to have her own dog.

Luckily I have started salting away some money for Christmas, so I can use that for her initial injections. In some ways it's not our wisest decision but after having felt the worst mum for not getting LittleOM a birthday present it felt really good to do this for her! It had really been getting me down, so it's a weight off my shoulders .... hmmm perhaps that will reflect in my weigh-in on Sunday - is guilt heavy man? :rotflmao:

So it was quite a disrupted day as I was way too excited too be bothered about food, but even though it wasn't the most balanced of diets, it was still technically on plan, with Weetbix for brekkie, cous-cous for lunch and Jacket potato with beans and a smidge of cheese for dinner. The day was singularly lacking in fruit and veg though so tsk-tsk and tut-tut for that :D

It still feels good to feel in control. :D

Happy anniversary, Gail - you're making amazing progress, and it's so fabulous to see you achieve so much. It's really inspirational - I do seriously find people here so motivating and inspirational, much more so than ever I had done at a slimming class before!

Ozzie, oooh, puppies!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - pictures please?!!

Happy anniversary, Gail - you're making amazing progress, and it's so fabulous to see you achieve so much. It's really inspirational - I do seriously find people here so motivating and inspirational, much more so than ever I had done at a slimming class before!

Ozzie, oooh, puppies!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - pictures please?!!

I'll sort out some photos over the weekend but someone will have to remind me how to get them on here! :)

I'm still being good as gold. Tonight will be difficult though as I've just prepared a yummy meatloaf for the family. I'm not very good at red days so I'm not having any, although I might try a red day tomorrow and have leftovers if there are any - it depends who shows up for dinner! It's very frustrating some days as I don't know how many I'm cooking for!

House inspection went fine, the lady who did it is a big staffy fan, so she spent most of the time just playing with the pup!

Now I've just got to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen making my lunch and their dinner! I've never been so prepared in advance and I'm liking it, makes life simpler :)

After a few slip-ups at the beginning of the week I am now back on track. Had my second boot-camp session last night. It was not as hard as Tuesday but it is working muscles I have never worked before. Preparing myself for a hard one on Sunday.

One thing I am not very good at is drinking water so I am trying to change that. I am on my third pint now and its not even midday - Hope I can continue throughout the day.

Hoping for a sts on Sunday due to my slips ups and its also * week. So will update then - Speak to you soonXXXXX

I'm due on this weekend too :(. I sts last saturday when I weighed in early so hoping I lose this week. I feel I need a new recipe. I have tried so many new things in the last few weeks but it has all got a bit samey the last couple of weeks. I need something new!! Going to my mum's again on Sunday but not staying overnight so I can actually weigh on Sunday morn as the norm. It is my brother's birthday and there will be cake. Shall I resist or indulge??

Personally I'd have a small piece of cake but i'd make sure I don't eat any other syns that day. Enjoy :)

Fingers crossed for Sunday everyone.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back