Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

My wonderful Mum has pledged me a 12 week count down at my local group :D I'm chuffed but also terrified at the same time. I've never been to a class before which I think is probably half my problem. We've had a leaflet pushed through the door today saying about a new consultant starting on the 5th of September, so I'm going to go along then and join up officially :D

Hi Emma,

That's great news. I think that will be the best way to restart. Scary but great. Well done.

Gail x

I agree. I think I could never have done it in the past without a group. I'm old hat now though ;) but it has taken me many years to get to a place where I can say I really don't need a physical group anymore. Heck I still need you guys though. xx

I am a Sunday weigher too... well... I actually started today so I weighed in this morning (and cried) and then had my breakfast and after the first spoonful... I cried... then I realised that it wasn't actually that bad and haven't cried since!!

Back to the point... yess.... next Sunday shall be my first weigh in and I am SCARED! However it must be done...

:)

Hi new guys, welcome back returners!

Thanks for the encouragement, was helpful. I felt absolutely gutted all day yesterday, scared and down. But I guess I need to sort myself out. The thing is, I don't fully understand such a gain. So it's not like the few times I have gained before, I'm a bit lost. I've thought about it though, and I'm going to have a 'back to basics' week:

- track everything I eat and check the syns values
- walk much more, taking it slowly and easily
- drink two bottles of water each day
- make healthy and 'light' food choices all week

I intend to see a loss on Sunday!

Sorry not for answering properly, felt really down last night.

Hi Honey,

I understand that. I haven't yet had an official gain that I didn't expect (from what i've eaten) however I weigh every day so I see the fluctuations that occur naturally. So I haven't had an official unexpected gain but I definitely have seen unexpected fluctuations and similar unexpected gains in others since being on Minimins. They happen occasionally and I suspect that you didn't do anything wrong - it's not like you don't know the plan.

So by all means shake things up a bit but equally fine will be just to carry on doing what you're doing. It may well come off on it's own next week but if it doesn't, it will come off the week after or the week after that. Remember, this is not a race, this is a new way of life.

Big hugs honey.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome Flower bunny! And well done on your resolve Honey!
Gail, thanks for your advice. I am not entirely sure what to do but for now as long as I don't go up I am happy! Clothes shopping this week, back to school in 2 weeks! Aak! :)

Ohhh flower bunny don't be scared. We're all with you on this journey and it's good fun too for the most part. Xxx

Honey I feel so bad for you but sometimes this happens and it's only a blip so give it some time and see if it comes off again next week. I have spent the last couple of years thinking there was something wrong with my body. Now I think it is just age and metabolism slowing down. Things just aren't the same as they used to be. I credit you for bravery for being so honest and noone is judging you. We have all seen the amazingly healthy food you eat. Big hugs to you. Xxxxx

Hi Flowerbunny, welcome and good luck for your SW journey! You will find endless support and inspiration on Minimins, so jump in and make the most of it!

Honey - a back to basics week sounds like an ideal plan for getting your head back in the game. Any number of things can cause an unexpected gain - did you eat too much salt, lots of one certain type of carb - such as bread, which I've had to give up as it just bloats me up completely, or has your health generally been a bit low this week?

I've been watching the Biggest Loser Australia series being shown on LivingIt. One week 2 of them had a gain - and that was after a week of strict calorie controlling and the same amount of exercise as they'd been doing every week. So if they can do the same thing and lose 5Kg, or gain 1Kg, then it really does show that our bodies occasionally work in very mysterious ways!!!

Stick with it and it will come off quicker than you can say 'Healthy Extra'!

Gail - well done on your fab loss! I see we are at about the same weight again - you really are my Minimins twin!

WG - I've discovered that I love shopping at the moment! Unfortunately, my bank manager does not!!! It's so fantastic to be able to shop in 'normal' shops and not to feel like all the shop assistants are staring at you wondering what on earth you think you are doing in their shop!

Lucy - I'm the same - I now weigh about the same as I reached last time round on SW, but my body is a completely different shape - in particular, my belly is still much bigger than it was last time round, while my bum and thighs are smaller...I put it down to middle-aged spread!

Guys, thank you so much for the kindness and motivation, that's really meant a lot to me - sorry for being a bit down yesterday and this morning. I've had a word with myself!

Well, okay, so I put on 4.5 lbs yesterday, and I don’t really know why. That’s a pain, but I’m so pleased with myself today, and how I’ve dealt with it. I’ve made healthy food choices, I’ve walked 7782 steps, I’ve drunk water, and I’m committed to this.

I’m also trying out a couple of new things, which is interesting. I wanted to track my food, but I can hardly ever be bothered. So today I took a photo of everything I ate/drank. Very simple, very easy, very fun. And actually was reassuring that I do eat well and simply. So I’m going to try that all week, just a simple and quick way to check what I’m eating.

The other thing I tried is a tip I read in a book. I’ve bought a load of white pebbles and blue pebbles (small), and I have a large beautiful vase. Every time I have a day of eating healthily, I put a blue pebble in the vase, and every time I take a 20 minute walk-plus, I put a white pebble in the vase. It’s a way to see visually that I am taking small steps that build up to an impressive whole, and to remind myself that I am doing the right thing more often than not.

I don’t know how either of these will work as a motivational tool, but willing to give it a go for this week. Very simple and no effort, so doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t – and if it does, huge bonus.

I think people think that I am nutz though…:)

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm going to be posting here a lot, just to warn you in advance!

Same with me this week Honey, I'm going to be posting lots to keep myself going!
I'm trying to stay on track but not obsess over it. If i go slightly over on syns one day so what? as long as i'm doing better than i have been there's no point obsessing over it to the point where i either binge or just don't eat for fear of gaining. I'm definitely going to give it a go going to class from the 5th of Sept when the new consultant starts at my local group. I realise this sounds sexist, but I find it easier to take instruction from a man than from a woman. Don't ask me why, I honestly don't know! Especially considering I'm female, you'd think it would be the other way around!

Today has been on track! Though I didn't eat breakfast and am yet to have my healthy extras.
Lunch was a salad consisting of cucumber, celery, tomato, mushrooms, red onion, smoked mackrel (need to check syns), hard boiled eggs and a dash of salad cream.
Dinner was chicken boob, baked potato, carrot, peas and cauliflower (stearing clear of gravy at the moment as we seem to be having it constantly - also it's another thing that will make me obsess a bit trying to measure it out for syn values)

So far so good :)

Love the ideas honey. looking forward to this weeks posts.

Well done Emma, I totally agree. Sometimes it's better to stretch the plan and stick to it than try and fail to stick to it completely. Keep it up.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm a bit all over the place at the moment. Hardly time to sit still as I seem to be on a permanent never ending cycle of cooking, doing dishes and running around after the pup! Hopefully things will calm down soon so I can relax. I feel as if I'm being very rude hardly commenting on anyone elses weight loss journeys, good stuff and the bad. I do read everyone's posts and believe me, I think you're all doing great even when times are tough and not going to plan!

Anyway, I've got to dash yet again as I'm making smoko to take in to OH in 20 minutes or so. I'll be back :D

Oh but before I go, I'm still being saintly, my halo is positively gleaming! Sticking with green days, had ss's mushroom and lentil loaf yesterday and it is seriously delicious. I'm looking forward to lunch already! :D

Good luck, Emma - I know you can do it!

Thanks Gail - I'm feeling loads better, very determined!

Ozzie, your shining halo is blinding me!!! Good for you for sticking at it - I find that I actually prefer the taste of healthy food, although my mind hasn't quite caught up yet!!

Sorry for not checking in sooner. I gained 2 lbs this week BUT I got back into my size 16 jeans that have not fir since about New Year and iv also bought a size 16 dress.
I did a lot of running around for work last week so can only think iv toned up. I feel and look a little slimmer aswell

Hello all!!! No, I haven't been abducted by aliens. I have however had more horrid self destructive weeks than I care to admit. I am going to get back on track tomorrow. I have a fridge full of veg and will be 100% from tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!

Back