Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Great stuff honey. I completely agree about ideally wanting to lose all 4.5 lbs this week but love your realism of aiming for 2. (Hopefully it will be all 4.5 but the body is a strange thing !!) These are all sustainable ways of managing your journey and the emotions that come with this roller coaster.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Honey - I like taking photos too as I find it makes me pause for a few moments before chowing down. Plus, it is a good reference if you don't know what you fancy or can't think of what to have. Seeing all your colourful food will, as you say, allay any doubts if you have a bad result following a healthy week. Good plan :)

Great stuff honey. I completely agree about ideally wanting to lose all 4.5 lbs this week but love your realism of aiming for 2. (Hopefully it will be all 4.5 but the body is a strange thing !!) These are all sustainable ways of managing your journey and the emotions that come with this roller coaster.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you!!!! To be honest, so long as I don't see a gain, I'll be happy (ish). It's a tough journey, isn't it?! Am glad I have such lovely people here for the ride with me :)

Honey - I like taking photos too as I find it makes me pause for a few moments before chowing down. Plus, it is a good reference if you don't know what you fancy or can't think of what to have. Seeing all your colourful food will, as you say, allay any doubts if you have a bad result following a healthy week. Good plan :)

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only nutter :D

It's working out AMAZINGLY well, I've gotta say. It's like this mental reassurance that I am eating super well, and my meals look delicious. I eat a lot of fruit and veg, and my main meals are big and filling, but very healthy.

I had a lovely vegetarian spag bol tonight, with brown rice, asparagus and tomatoes. I made enough to freeze about five portions, so will be able to have them with lunches/dinners. I am slowly getting into cooking more and more, which is good.

Just a quick flying visit from me, I haven't had time to read back yet.

I lost 2.5 tonight which takes me to .5 of getting my 5 stone shiny back. But I am really worried about Sum :( since she began fasting she has put on 4, 2 and then another 2lbs tonight. I am almost at a loss as to what to say to her. Sum is lovely and will always try and put a positive spin on everything, but I know she must be upset. I keep mentioning getting back into posting on here and her food diary for motivation. Fingers crossed that she will as I dont want her getting so despondant that she quits :(

Hi Smartie - If Sum is fasting this month she may be doing things that hinder weight loss on SW: Not eating enough, not taking in water throughout the day, cutting back on exercise to preserve energy, eating late at night then sleeping on a full tummy. But her fasting is not about weight loss, so she may be feeling ok as she is getting other positive things out of it. Do you know if she is actually upset about her gains? Her happy outlook may be sincere.

She will soon lose any temporary gain when she gets her wee blue butt back in here :D x

Well done on your fab loss this week x

I want Sum back. I'm going to have a tantrum if she does not return soon. It won't be pretty. :p

Well done Smartie on your loss this week and with your 5 stone award tantalisingly close, that's some motivation for next week!

I'm still being good, but we are particularly skint this week so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stick to plan next week, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Today, I have to go see a Government job employment services provider, they're supposed to help with job seeking, work with you on cv/resume, and have funding to pay for training courses if appropriate, and help with things like buying clothes for interviews if needed, or if/when you find work to help get you any clothes you need to get you started in the workplace. I shall go along with an open mind and see what they have to say.

Anyway, as always, I must dash back to getting young OzMoz ready and keeping the peace between pup and the old dog.

Hmmmph I never ended up on date with hubby after all. He was too tired and not in the mood. I went out with a friend instead and ended up eating about 7 mahooosive chips and a GnT. Hadn't had any tea though. No idea of syns. Back to normal now for the weekend. Just hope I lose something come Sunday. This has to be my worst week so far. :(

Hmmmph I never ended up on date with hubby after all. He was too tired and not in the mood. I went out with a friend instead and ended up eating about 7 mahooosive chips and a GnT. Hadn't had any tea though. No idea of syns. Back to normal now for the weekend. Just hope I lose something come Sunday. This has to be my worst week so far. :(

As always, it's just got to be a case of draw a line and tomorrow is a brand new day! As badness goes, it doesn't sound catastrophic anyway. The other thing to bear in mind is mental happiness, if you enjoyed your evening out and relaxed with a friend with a g&t - is it the end of the world? If you were to do it day in day out then it would be a different matter, but you're not! So be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up about it.

OldMotherMoz is in da house again :rotflmao: Too many bloody vegetables I suspect :p

As always, it's just got to be a case of draw a line and tomorrow is a brand new day! As badness goes, it doesn't sound catastrophic anyway. The other thing to bear in mind is mental happiness, if you enjoyed your evening out and relaxed with a friend with a g&t - is it the end of the world? If you were to do it day in day out then it would be a different matter, but you're not! So be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up about it.

OldMotherMoz is in da house again :rotflmao: Too many bloody vegetables I suspect :p

Thanks MotherMoz. You are absolutely right. I should have just polished all those chips off lol but I didn't so it showed some self restraint. Going to drink lots of water now and try to flush it all out of my system. x

Still on track :D I had another sneaky peak this morning and all signs are looking good for a loss this week :D

Mum is treating us to a trip to The Harvester today, so I'm having a red day (in my mind that'll keep me away from the "naughty" salad)

Hey Smartie I know what you mean about Sum, but as Sausage says fasting is about another kind of nourishment and hopefully she's not too upset by the current gains.

i know it's a but late now as Eid is just around the corner, but there was a great thread last year about fasting and SW. maybe she could search it out and bookmark it for next year?

either way tho, we're missing her on here so give her a bit of a kick

Hi everyone.....

I'm crawling back after having put on 4lbs.....I've had a pants time of it to be honest...not in life...just with plan. It's been an absolute nightmare. I've been away for work more than ever now. I was managing to maintain every week and I just couldn't be arsed to be trying and not getting any result better than a maintain (or a fluctuating lb which is even worse!!!). So this week I thought, sod it. I'll do what I want. And put on 4lbs!

So I thought this morning...I'll give pro points a go. No thanks it's a load of crud. some of my fave meals are almost a days worth of propoints but only a syn or two on sw. Plus, I can't be arsed with all the weighing!

I've not been on plan which is why it's not working. So I need to spend some time just getting back onto the SW wagon. If it still doesn't work after that I might reconsider having a change.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I'll try and read back the thread over the next few days but glad to see lots of you still hanging in there....

Hotels are over now for a couple of weeks so will give me time to get back in the zone...

Jx

Well we went to the harvester... it wasn't 100% SW friendly, but luckily I've been going easy on syns all week :D
And I'm currently in the process of setting up a weekly meal planner on Excel so I may be here all night trying to think of things/compare to what we have in already and write a shopping list, wish me luck!

Thank you!!!! To be honest, so long as I don't see a gain, I'll be happy (ish). It's a tough journey, isn't it?! Am glad I have such lovely people here for the ride with me :)

I had a lovely vegetarian spag bol tonight, with brown rice, asparagus and tomatoes. I made enough to freeze about five portions, so will be able to have them with lunches/dinners. I am slowly getting into cooking more and more, which is good.

Awwww. You're right though. Dinner sounds delicious. Well done on the cooking. I never used to cook and now I eat virtually no ready prepared meals. I just can't see why I would want to eat my syns in stuff that could be free if I made it - so then I can use my syns for chocolate. Yum :)

Just a quick flying visit from me, I haven't had time to read back yet.

I lost 2.5 tonight which takes me to .5 of getting my 5 stone shiny back. But I am really worried about Sum :( since she began fasting she has put on 4, 2 and then another 2lbs tonight. I am almost at a loss as to what to say to her. Sum is lovely and will always try and put a positive spin on everything, but I know she must be upset. I keep mentioning getting back into posting on here and her food diary for motivation. Fingers crossed that she will as I dont want her getting so despondant that she quits :(

Fantastic news. Well done Smartie. Go you :)

Hmmmmm Sum. What to do ? Remember that I put on 11 lbs on holiday so she still hasn't put on that much. Does she know why ? (I usually do when I gain). If so, and if she's finding it difficult to get back on track then maybe try increasing her syns a little for a while. Helps to stay in control but ease you back into the usual plan.

Please tell her that we all miss her and send her big Sunday Weighers hugs. She's always always welcome here.

Totally agree. Well said as always OldMotherMoz ;). Hope your job thingybob went ok ?

Hi everyone.....

I'm crawling back after having put on 4lbs.....I've had a pants time of it to be honest...not in life...just with plan. It's been an absolute nightmare. I've been away for work more than ever now. I was managing to maintain every week and I just couldn't be arsed to be trying and not getting any result better than a maintain (or a fluctuating lb which is even worse!!!). So this week I thought, sod it. I'll do what I want. And put on 4lbs!

So I thought this morning...I'll give pro points a go. No thanks it's a load of crud. some of my fave meals are almost a days worth of propoints but only a syn or two on sw. Plus, I can't be arsed with all the weighing!

I've not been on plan which is why it's not working. So I need to spend some time just getting back onto the SW wagon. If it still doesn't work after that I might reconsider having a change.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I'll try and read back the thread over the next few days but glad to see lots of you still hanging in there....

Hotels are over now for a couple of weeks so will give me time to get back in the zone...

Jx

Welcome back Jo. Being away for a few weeks is a total nightmare. Probably all of us can relate to that. But 'only' 4 lbs and all in the last week is actually a great result. Because it's only this week, it should come off quickly. So, please try and look back on what you did achieve and what you didn't eat rather than only with shame on what you did. You probably did far more that was good than bad I suspect so try and remember that.

So now, make your plan for moving forwards, be realistic and remember that if it doesn't work the first go, have another go. You didn't stop learning to drive when you stalled the car the first time did you ? (at least I hope not ! ;)) so don't stop this just because you had a bad week under difficult circumstances.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hello all! I am just finally catching up with posting - I have been reading and cheering though, well done ya'll on being here and on so many great losses. I am STILL the same - although today shows 1lb off, so I can only hope it stays away for tomorrow. Going on another long bike ride and will eat plenty and watch my syns. Hope hope!!
As I put on my own diary though, I am ok about staying the same at the moment and just settling in to my new weight and my new fitness. Still sticking with it, but trying not to get overly fixated on the scales right now! ( I said trying, not succeeding!!)

Stay strong everyone, keep calm and carry on!
xx

Hi everyone.

I've not had chance to post much this week and have not been updating my diary for a few days...I have however remained on plan (except for one pub lunch) so hopefully will lose last weeks gain tomorrow.....

Fingers crossed for everyone tomorrow x

I decided to weigh in today since it will be awkward to do so tomorrow (house guests, small flat) the numbers were jumping about so I suspect I have lost half a pound, however since my scales don't register half pounds I'll just say I STS. :)

Welcome back Joanna! Hope you get back in the swing of it soon. Not sure what you would do apart from SW tbh. It's the best! :D

Woodland Girl - you are in the healthy bmi zone and must be quite slinky judging by your stats. As long as you are eating healthily and getting some exercise, then every week is a success regardless of what the scales say! You are doing amazingly :winner:

Well done Blubex, Pinkie and Emma on your fab week :happy096:

I was doing ok until last night when I went a bit mad like a toddler on a sugar frenzie. Oh well. I have made plans for healthy snacks tonight so will just put last night behind me. Good luck for weigh in everyone!

I'm actually quite excited to weigh in tomorrow now! I hope I get a result, if not you've all seen my downward spirals of disappointment and they're not pretty haha!

Back