Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I was doing ok until last night when I went a bit mad like a toddler on a sugar frenzie. Oh well. I have made plans for healthy snacks tonight so will just put last night behind me. Good luck for weigh in everyone!

Absolutely sausage. If you've had a good week then be proud. 1 night isn't too bad. Good luck for tonight :)

Gail x

Hi everyone.....

I'm crawling back after having put on 4lbs.....I've had a pants time of it to be honest...not in life...just with plan. It's been an absolute nightmare. I've been away for work more than ever now. I was managing to maintain every week and I just couldn't be arsed to be trying and not getting any result better than a maintain (or a fluctuating lb which is even worse!!!). So this week I thought, sod it. I'll do what I want. And put on 4lbs!

So I thought this morning...I'll give pro points a go. No thanks it's a load of crud. some of my fave meals are almost a days worth of propoints but only a syn or two on sw. Plus, I can't be arsed with all the weighing!

I've not been on plan which is why it's not working. So I need to spend some time just getting back onto the SW wagon. If it still doesn't work after that I might reconsider having a change.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I'll try and read back the thread over the next few days but glad to see lots of you still hanging in there....

Hotels are over now for a couple of weeks so will give me time to get back in the zone...

Jx

Really great that you are hanging in there! Maybe just try and think of some easy meals you can make in advance and freeze or something easy and quick to prepare. Just think... it's only food - that's my motto/mantra anyways lol. Hope you have a good week hunny. xx

Hi all - sorry I've not been around all week - just incredibly busy. I've had a reasonable week, although Weds involved an unplanned KFC, after a meeting overran and left me desperate for the loo and some lunch. Felt very virtuous when I asked for the grilled chicken wrap tho!

Then a couple of glasses of wine last night - and apart from that, an on-track week. So I'm hoping to lose at least half a pound to equal or better my lowest weight for the last 10 years (on SW, last time round).

Fingers crossed for everyone for a great WI tomorrow! x

Good morning/evening all :D

Well I am here bright and early Sunday morning .... and I'm a little bit disappointed and am paying the price for sneaky peeking. My weight was looking good yesterday for hopefully 1.5lbs but 1 lb at the least, but *sighs loudly* it crept up not down overnight and was 0.5 lb loss. However, I'm still pleased that it's going down - I remember a while ago when I was on plan and my weight stalled and I would have given anything for even a steady 0.5 lb loss. So I'm keeping positive.

Also, I must confess, I was led astray by my 92 y.o friend ... well she had home-made lemon meringue pie - what could I do?!?! So I threw caution to the wind and had a lovely slice - it was well worth it and if that is what stuffed up my 1lb loss well I still don't care!! :rotflmao:

Well, another green week ahead for me, but I confess I'm enjoying the food immensely, so it's not been hard at all in regards to temptation, a bit of a hassle in other ways, but I can put up with that!

On the job front, I went to see those people and met a very nice young lady. She told me I had an excellent resume and was very "marketable". She felt her people could do lots with me (ooh errr!) but and it's a big BUT, the goverment rules mean that they can't help me for 13 weeks from when I register!!!! that's November-ish!! I said that's daft and somewhat unhelpful and she said yes and it's extremely frustrating for them too, but people have to have a chance to look for work on their own, even if they have been looking on their own for months before they seek help!!! Oh well, it's the constraints of the system. I came home feeling really despondent and I still do on some levels but you just have to keep on going! Perseverance will win the day is what I'm telling myself. That applies to my weight loss too!

Anyway, enough of that, I'm off to do the dishes, that's bound to cheer me up :rolleyes: ;)

Good luck to everyone for the morning! I'll be checking up on you all before I go to bed! :fingerscrossed:

Oooh just realised that I've got back to the 10% loss again - woo hoooo! I've gone back and forward through that marker a few times :rotflmao:

Last edited:

Well I am here bright and early Sunday morning .... and I'm a little bit disappointed and am paying the price for sneaky peeking. My weight was looking good yesterday for hopefully 1.5lbs but 1 lb at the least, but *sighs loudly* it crept up not down overnight and was 0.5 lb loss. However, I'm still pleased that it's going down - I remember a while ago when I was on plan and my weight stalled and I would have given anything for even a steady 0.5 lb loss. So I'm keeping positive.

Also, I must confess, I was led astray by my 92 y.o friend ... well she had home-made lemon meringue pie - what could I do?!?! So I threw caution to the wind and had a lovely slice - it was well worth it and if that is what stuffed up my 1lb loss well I still don't care!! :rotflmao:

Hi Moz,

Well done on your 0.5lb. As you said, a loss is a loss. And that other 1 lb will rear it's head next week. I would also have had the home-made lemon meringue pie (I'm a sucker for pudding) and after all, this plan is for life so you have to not feel deprived most of the time. So well done you.

Sorry to hear that the job thingimabob was a bit frustrating but hopefully you will either find something before then or they will help you find something that's really suitable and better than anything else that's come up before then. Fingers crossed for you.

So thanks for keeping us updated. See you tomorrow.

Gail x

Gail, Dawn, Sausage, Pomette and all! Your encouragements are fab!

1 lb off this week!!! Yehah!!

Only took me a month to get it ;-)

It's the same lb I have been playing with off and in for ages so no idea if it will stay gone but I will try !!

I have eaten ok this week and done tons of cycling.

Today however is an all you can eat Chinese with my friend :) yum yum!!! I'll eat slowly

Have a great day!
X

Morning everyone,

0.5 on for me this week which I am a bit disappointed with.

Although to be fair I went off plan big time last night...We ended up going to Frankie & Bennies for dinner and when we got there had a little argument (over something really stupid) so all good intentions went out the window and I had really naughty food. Then to make it worse went to the shops and bought cheesecake!!!

I am so angry at myself as I was doing well this week - I kind of hoped the gain would not show this morning so I would have a week to rectify it.

I think I need to introduce some exercise as I don't really feel like I'm working at all for this at the moment and that is why I am struggling.

I swear I am a food addict....

Well done WG. Enjoy your meal :)

Becky - if I have a big meal the night before it usually shows the following day but it often disappears within a day or 2 so if you have had a good week otherwise it will all even out. Don't be disheartened. Have a good week this week and you should have a good result next week :)

I have lost 4 lbs this week so 7.5lbs in 2 weeks. Yay. That's all my holiday weight gone (from June :eek:) and a bit more. My lowest so far this time, into the 11's and just shows what I can do when I put my mind to it :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi guys - well done to everyone who's showed up (remarkably early!) on a Sunday morning.

Am so so so so pleased to say that I've lost 4 lbs this week. That really reassured me to be honest, because lost week's gain was not easy for me. But I had a great week (until Friday night, when things went pear-shaped), and I've been walking and eating light (maybe too light). But I'm feeling positive to be going down the scale.

This applies to all of us - after 13 months of being here every Sunday, I'm kind of seeing patterns for myself and for other people. I absolutely am sure that the key to weight loss success is turning up here! Seriously!!! All of us who have gained, we're here no matter what, trying to get rid of that pesky pound of four - but we haven't gained EVERYTHING back. If I stopped weighing in, I would probably start to put all this weight back on. Weekly weigh-ins are absolutely critical for me, even on weeks when I haven't done well - or actually, ESPECIALLY on weeks when I haven't done well!

Anyway, will comment on everyone else later on today, but big well done to you all...:)

Hi guys - well done to everyone who's showed up (remarkably early!) on a Sunday morning.

Am so so so so pleased to say that I've lost 4 lbs this week. That really reassured me to be honest, because lost week's gain was not easy for me.

Hey 4 lbs loss is fantastic!! Well done!!

Unfortunately I've STS, haven't been totally on track all week so at least it's not a gain!! Really must get back to 100% but I'm finding it quite hard at the minute, just can't get motivated!! :(

Oh wow well done Gail and Honey on your 4pm losses and also to everone else who has lost even half a pound. Like you say Ozmoz, at least it is going in the right direction.

I lost 1.25 lbs. Wish it was more - those darn chips- but I am happy with it. I lost 4 lbs this month so it has def slowed down but not as slow as it used to be so I will continue with my plan.

Thank goodness for this thread. I need to weigh in regularly. Xx

well done guys!

i wasnt expecting anything this week as it's been an awkward one for me. it was a STS so i'm happy with that.

good luck to those weighing in

Hello ladies...not weighed in for two weeks as been visiting family in Brighton, then a week camping in Devon. Tried to be as good as I could given the circumstances and I have lost 3lb! Really pleased with myself although ignoring the cream teas took amazing willpower as everyone else tucked in! Aiming to loose 3lb by my birthday in 12 days...not sure I'll do it but going to try!

Good luck to all my fellow Sunday weighers! Well done Honey on 4lb loss...brilliant!

Hi everyone, well a half off for me this week, so well on my way to kicking my little blip back into touch. Not been a totally 100% week either, so hoping for better next week. Well done to those who have lost, hugs to those who have gained and good luck to those yet to report in x x

Well, another green week ahead for me, but I confess I'm enjoying the food immensely, so it's not been hard at all in regards to temptation, a bit of a hassle in other ways, but I can put up with that!

On the job front, I went to see those people and met a very nice young lady. She told me I had an excellent resume and was very "marketable". She felt her people could do lots with me (ooh errr!) but and it's a big BUT, the goverment rules mean that they can't help me for 13 weeks from when I register!!!! that's November-ish!! I said that's daft and somewhat unhelpful and she said yes and it's extremely frustrating for them too, but people have to have a chance to look for work on their own, even if they have been looking on their own for months before they seek help!!! Oh well, it's the constraints of the system. I came home feeling really despondent and I still do on some levels but you just have to keep on going! Perseverance will win the day is what I'm telling myself. That applies to my weight loss too!

Anyway, enough of that, I'm off to do the dishes, that's bound to cheer me up :rolleyes: ;)

Good luck to everyone for the morning! I'll be checking up on you all before I go to bed! :fingerscrossed:

Oooh just realised that I've got back to the 10% loss again - woo hoooo! I've gone back and forward through that marker a few times :rotflmao:

Well done Moz - half a pound is half a pound and it will soon add up! Good luck on the job front - at least you now have a Plan B, even if you have to wait a while to be able to put it into action!

Gail, Dawn, Sausage, Pomette and all! Your encouragements are fab!

1 lb off this week!!! Yehah!!

Only took me a month to get it ;-)

It's the same lb I have been playing with off and in for ages so no idea if it will stay gone but I will try !!

I have eaten ok this week and done tons of cycling.

Today however is an all you can eat Chinese with my friend :) yum yum!!! I'll eat slowly

Have a great day!
X

Well done WG! And enjoy your Chinese (mmmm, Chinese!)

Morning everyone,

0.5 on for me this week which I am a bit disappointed with.

Although to be fair I went off plan big time last night...We ended up going to Frankie & Bennies for dinner and when we got there had a little argument (over something really stupid) so all good intentions went out the window and I had really naughty food. Then to make it worse went to the shops and bought cheesecake!!!

I am so angry at myself as I was doing well this week - I kind of hoped the gain would not show this morning so I would have a week to rectify it.

I think I need to introduce some exercise as I don't really feel like I'm working at all for this at the moment and that is why I am struggling.

I swear I am a food addict....

Hi Blubex - I think we are all food addicts in some way, shape or form - otherwise we wouldn't be here! I agree with what Gail says - if it was a last minute gain on the back of an otherwise good week, it should disappear fairly quickly - fingers crossed for a good week!

Well done WG. Enjoy your meal :)

Becky - if I have a big meal the night before it usually shows the following day but it often disappears within a day or 2 so if you have had a good week otherwise it will all even out. Don't be disheartened. Have a good week this week and you should have a good result next week :)

I have lost 4 lbs this week so 7.5lbs in 2 weeks. Yay. That's all my holiday weight gone (from June :eek:) and a bit more. My lowest so far this time, into the 11's and just shows what I can do when I put my mind to it :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Wowsers - well done Gail, I'm really proud of you and pleased for you! (You really are my twin...see later on in this post...!)

Am so so so so pleased to say that I've lost 4 lbs this week. That really reassured me to be honest, because lost week's gain was not easy for me. But I had a great week (until Friday night, when things went pear-shaped), and I've been walking and eating light (maybe too light). But I'm feeling positive to be going down the scale.

This applies to all of us - after 13 months of being here every Sunday, I'm kind of seeing patterns for myself and for other people. I absolutely am sure that the key to weight loss success is turning up here! Seriously!!! All of us who have gained, we're here no matter what, trying to get rid of that pesky pound of four - but we haven't gained EVERYTHING back. If I stopped weighing in, I would probably start to put all this weight back on. Weekly weigh-ins are absolutely critical for me, even on weeks when I haven't done well - or actually, ESPECIALLY on weeks when I haven't done well!

Anyway, will comment on everyone else later on today, but big well done to you all...:)

Honey, that's great - it must have been a relief after last week's unexpected gain. Just shows that we need to stick to the plan, even when it has a blip! Hope you have another good week this week.

Hey 4 lbs loss is fantastic!! Well done!!

Unfortunately I've STS, haven't been totally on track all week so at least it's not a gain!! Really must get back to 100% but I'm finding it quite hard at the minute, just can't get motivated!! :(

A STS isn't too bad if you haven't been totally on plan, so don't despair! Can you put your finger on why your motivation has slipped? Is it a difficult time - school holidays, change of routine, too many social engagements? Try and work out why you are flagging and then work out how to do something about it - you can do it!

Oh wow well done Gail and Honey on your 4pm losses and also to everone else who has lost even half a pound. Like you say Ozmoz, at least it is going in the right direction.

I lost 1.25 lbs. Wish it was more - those darn chips- but I am happy with it. I lost 4 lbs this month so it has def slowed down but not as slow as it used to be so I will continue with my plan.

Thank goodness for this thread. I need to weigh in regularly. Xx

Well done Crafty - that's a decent loss. Your losses will slow down, the further you go through this journey. I think I lost nearly 3 st in the first 6 months and it's taken me another 8 months to lose 2 more stone - so just keep at it and try not to lose heart.

well done guys!

i wasnt expecting anything this week as it's been an awkward one for me. it was a STS so i'm happy with that.

good luck to those weighing in

Well done Why_d - nothing wrong with a STS if you've had an awkward week! Hope you have a good week this week.

Hello ladies...not weighed in for two weeks as been visiting family in Brighton, then a week camping in Devon. Tried to be as good as I could given the circumstances and I have lost 3lb! Really pleased with myself although ignoring the cream teas took amazing willpower as everyone else tucked in! Aiming to loose 3lb by my birthday in 12 days...not sure I'll do it but going to try!

Good luck to all my fellow Sunday weighers! Well done Honey on 4lb loss...brilliant!

Well done Nics, that's absolutely brilliant! Any loss at all after a holiday is good, but 3lbs is incredible! Fingers crossed that you reach your target in time for your birthday.

Well guys, I am on top of the world this morning. Somehow I have managed to lose 3.5lbs this week, which has meant I've got my 5st shiny and I'm into the 11s! I couldn't believe the scales and had to check them 3 times, in three different places just in case the floor tile I was on was giving a false result!!!

I haven't been in the 11s since about 1997, so as you can imagine I have a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat's this morning! :D

Good luck to everyone still to WI xxx

Spanx that's amazing well done you!! Made me laugh that you rechecked your weight...such a girl thing to do! Bask in your glory as you deserve it!

Back