Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I'm starving today and for no good reason, my mind is playing tricks on me. Our Roger the Lodger has just cooked a huge bacon and egg pie and it smells yummy. I'm having to fight my urge to have some. I really don't want to eat pastry or bacon! But it smells niiiiiiiiiiiice - wahhhhhhhh :cry:

I'm going to eat a mandarin and think thin thoughts. I really want to lose another pound this week as that way I'll get my 1.5 stone sticker back again and I'll only be 7lbs from getting to my lowest point since I started SW this time, finally I will then be making real progress!

Actually, just writing here is helping my motivation and reminds me that I want to lose weight more than I want pie.

I'm going to have a Gloria Gaynor moment..... I will survive, as long as I ignore that pie I know I'll stay alive, I've got quorn chilli to eat and some chopped fruit for a treat, I will survive....

Marvellous! Motivation and a song, who could possibly ask for more! :p :rotflmao:

OzzieMoz said:
I'm starving today and for no good reason, my mind is playing tricks on me. Our Roger the Lodger has just cooked a huge bacon and egg pie and it smells yummy. I'm having to fight my urge to have some. I really don't want to eat pastry or bacon! But it smells niiiiiiiiiiiice - wahhhhhhhh :cry:

I'm going to eat a mandarin and think thin thoughts. I really want to lose another pound this week as that way I'll get my 1.5 stone sticker back again and I'll only be 7lbs from getting to my lowest point since I started SW this time, finally I will then be making real progress!

Actually, just writing here is helping my motivation and reminds me that I want to lose weight more than I want pie.

I'm going to have a Gloria Gaynor moment..... I will survive, as long as I ignore that pie I know I'll stay alive, I've got quorn chilli to eat and some chopped fruit for a treat, I will survive....

Marvellous! Motivation and a song, who could possibly ask for more! :p :rotflmao:

Morning OzMoz - silly question but, why cant you eat bacon? The pastry I know you can't have - but it is yucky and you know you hate it ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If anyone else said this it would depress me greatly :cry: but as it was my 4 year old daughter I found it hilarious :8855: and just had to share....

I had a bath earlier then when I was in my room my daughter was choosing clothes for me to wear...she went to get my underwear and said mummy I will get you the pink ones because they are huge and your bum is massive :eek: !!

Not satisfied with that she bought them over and went mummy these pink ones are massive..hmm I think they will be big enough for your big bum :eek::eek:!!!

I love kids honesty! A few weeks ago my son poked my tummy and said "mummy are you having another baby?" fair enough I was about 10 weeks post delivery but I thought I was looking pretty good!!

Morning ladies! I didn't post on Sunday as I was so angry that I had stayed the same given that I had set myself a target for this Friday and I had tried really hard last week. So I've resigned that I won't be loosing 4lbs by Friday and knuckled down this week to do as good as I can. Really stupid of me as you wouldve been supportive but I was upset as I have had a loss each week and felt I had broken my unblemished record....but I am so over it! Expecting a gain on Sunday as birthday Friday....but will weigh Friday am to assess the last few days. Watch this space....!

On a red day, just made a boo boo - used a HEA as cheese!! I always make that mistake. Oh well , will need to SYN it instead :(

Kx

Hello all!!!

I love the easier weeks, they give me hope that it will be okay long-term. I've been eating very very healthily and nutriously this week, so maybe that's why. But I'm not craving anything especially, I'm just relishing my food. So hopefully this will continue and I'll lose a couple of pounds on Sunday? Fingers crossed.

Hi,

Just thought I'd pop in quickly to say hello as been mega busy all week so not had chance to come on.

I thinks an STS is great Nics - it wasn't a gain so you are still heading in the right direction.

My daughter started school this week so I have been so busy coming into work, popping out to take her, coming back then finishing early to pick her up - this will be hubbys job normally but as it is her first week I didn't want to miss it!!!

I'm massively busy at work at the mo as well and it all got on top of me earlier on this week which ended up in a huge rant at my bos...followed by him taking me out for lunch which included dessert...oops!!!

Then last night hubby took me out for dinner...although no dessert this time!!

I have been super good other than that though so hoping that 0 syns on other days will cover the many syns on the 2 bad days!!!

It's been really quiet on here recently. Hope everyone is ok x

Just wanted to drop by and let you all know that I will probably be away for a while. Today he split up with me (doesnt feel right saying OH anymore...) and to be honest i'm a complete wreck. So SW is currently the last thing on my mind. I'm not dropping off the minimins map completely though, heaven knows i need the support of you lovely people right now, but i'm not going to worry about weighing in etc.

I know things will get better, they cant get much worse than this, its just going to take me a while to pick myself back up again. I've never been through any of this before, we've been together since i was 15 so as you can imagine i'm literally heart broken at the moment.

As some of you will know i moved from brighton area to manchester to be with him at 17 so now i face the huge step of moving back home. I'm going to stay at my mums for a few weeks, then will have to come back up here to face the music and officially move out of our house and back down south. Then i will have to sort a job out and a place of my own to live.

Take care everyone

Just wanted to drop by and let you all know that I will probably be away for a while. Today he split up with me (doesnt feel right saying OH anymore...) and to be honest i'm a complete wreck. So SW is currently the last thing on my mind. I'm not dropping off the minimins map completely though, heaven knows i need the support of you lovely people right now, but i'm not going to worry about weighing in etc.

So sorry to hear your news Emma. Totally agree about not weighing. You can't do this if you aren't up to it. However you know where we'll be when you are ready to come and we will welcome you with open arms.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Gail x

Morning ladies! I didn't post on Sunday as I was so angry that I had stayed the same given that I had set myself a target for this Friday and I had tried really hard last week. So I've resigned that I won't be loosing 4lbs by Friday and knuckled down this week to do as good as I can. Really stupid of me as you wouldve been supportive but I was upset as I have had a loss each week and felt I had broken my unblemished record....but I am so over it! Expecting a gain on Sunday as birthday Friday....but will weigh Friday am to assess the last few days. Watch this space....!

Not stupid of you but yes you are right that we would have been supportive. My next comments are meant only in the supportive sense - so what that you have only lost each week. This is a journey and as much as I would love to get to target with no gains, this is life. If I can't cope with ups and downs, what chance do I have of coping with maintaining. So well done for your STS, well done for coming back here. Enjoy the birthday (?yours) - so what if you gain then. As long as you keep trying and coming back, it will come off again and you will be all the more happy for finding a good balance.

Big hugs to you.

Gail x

P.S. Well done honey on having a good week :). I wish I was......................:sigh: !!

elb4160 said:

I know things will get better, they cant get much worse than this, its just going to take me a while to pick myself back up again. I've never been through any of this before, we've been together since i was 15 so as you can imagine i'm literally heart broken at the moment.

As some of you will know i moved from brighton area to manchester to be with him at 17 so now i face the huge step of moving back home. I'm going to stay at my mums for a few weeks, then will have to come back up here to face the music and officially move out of our house and back down south. Then i will have to sort a job out and a place of my own to live.

Take care everyone

Sorry to hear your news Emma- keep posting even if you are not weighing

Kx

Look after yourself Elb. We'll be here when you get back.

-----

Just got back from my 2nd swim of the week. Aqua aerobics is starting soon on a Thursday night which would clash with my normal swim, so I might just go to that when it starts. Might make a nice change from swimming lengths! My hair is extremely damaged though. I'll need to google search some good hair repair masks. :)

Just a flying visit from me today as I've been having a mega job application day plus a visit to a recruitment agency *shudders*

I didn't want to read and run but wanted to say to Emma to be strong but kind to yourself. It's an awful time for you, but you will get through it with family and friends to support you. Don't worry about the weigh-in aspect but just try to be as good as you can be in the circumstances. Try not to let yourself go to pieces, short-term comfort-eating will just lead to you beating yourself up in the days to come - so my suggestion, and it is only that, is to just to keep yourself within boundaries without obsessing. That is what I did when things were getting difficult with my m-i-l and all the other stuff that was going on. Yes I did put on a few pounds, but it wasn't catastrophic! Wish I could help in some way, but I am keeping you in my thoughts xx

It's my birthday!! ....and I'm sat eating a banana for breakfast??!!! Two meals out today though...hoping to make healthy (ish) choices. Weighed myself this am and have lost a pound since Monday so feeling a bit better about things....although didn't get to my birthday target but I am feeling very good about myself at the moment so I don't really care what the scales show....might feel different on Sunday if I get a gain though ;). Thanks to blubex and Gail among others for being supportive after my weekend blip.

Sorry to hear your news Emma, go and have some supportive time with your family. I'm a firm believer that the bad things in life happen for a reason and they make us a stronger, more rounded (in the psychological sense...probably not the best choice of words for this forum!!) women when we come out the other side....big hugs xx

Nics.ck said:
It's my birthday!! ....and I'm sat eating a banana for breakfast??!!! Two meals out today though...hoping to make healthy (ish) choices. Weighed myself this am and have lost a pound since Monday so feeling a bit better about things....although didn't get to my birthday target but I am feeling very good about myself at the moment so I don't really care what the scales show....might feel different on Sunday if I get a gain though ;). Thanks to blubex and Gail among others for being supportive after my weekend blip.

Sorry to hear your news Emma, go and have some supportive time with your family. I'm a firm believer that the bad things in life happen for a reason and they make us a stronger, more rounded (in the psychological sense...probably not the best choice of words for this forum!!) women when we come out the other side....big hugs xx

Happy Birthday Nics.
Well done on your breakfast choice - I get a bit naughty on my birthday and succumb to Chocolate croissant!!

Kx

Emma, So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, I know it is hard to look forward but you will come out the other side of this. Everyone is here for you whenever you need us, take care xxx

Happy Birthday Nics, Have a good one...A banana for breakfast means it's perfectly acceptable to have a big slice of b-day cake later!!!

elb4160 said:

Take care everyone

So sorry to hear your news, big hug x

Sorry, Emma, that's rubbish - I know how awful it feels right now, it will get better.

How's everyone's week going? Seems kind of quiet here :(

My week went good, looking forward to a loss :)

BUT tonight I'll be by myself which is always dangerous, plus I have the week off work next week. I find the structure of work really helps me stay on plan so I'm a bit worried as I don't have much to keep me busy.

Back