Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I find the trick is to make your meals as tasty as possible so that they are more tempting than pre-sw ones.

Saying that, I had a lovely dinner last night then ate and drank a load of crap, so maybe not the best person to advise lol :eek:

Good advice though sausage. I am very good at the moment at giving advice but not quite as good at taking it. However we both do know something about the good and the bad of doing SW and have ultimately lost quite a bit more than we gained on the journey which actually does make us a bit qualified to do advise !!!

Vicky - well done and delighted for the new 'stonage' :)

Ozzie - 0.5lb is good. It's a loss and I agree that as long as you keep losing, that is a happy thing. Well done on continuing to work at getting a job and I will keep my fingers crossed for the applications. Big hugs.

craftylucyloo - I'm not convinced that syns (within our limit) are related to gains/loss on SW because there are so many other variables on SW (like portion size, what you eat within the plan - ie higher and lower fat options etc etc). Sometimes unexpected gains happen so keep it up.

Why_d - Yaay. I think you are doing great and I don't really care what your next goal is. The fact is that you are continuing to lose weight despite everything is enough for me.

Bluebex - Great news. Sometimes we have an unexpected loss (great :)) sometimes an unexpected gain :)sigh:). Lucky you for this week and hoping that next weeks loss is a bit more expected :D

Potatogirl - Yoyoing might not be that great but it's definitely better than continuing to gain (which is what I know I'd do without SW). Hope things get better for you. Big hugs.

Neffa - Fabulous :)

Nics.ck - Happy Birthday. Glad it was good - you have just proved that birthday cake really is syn free :p

Sausage - such is life :sigh:. Good plan for your this week. I look forward to hearing about it.

Madmavey - :D but just because you are out for a meal, doesn't mean you will put back on. You have 6 days to sort that out. So enjoy and then get back on plan :)

Honey - another great result. So pleased to see you continuing to move on and away from the 100 lbs, towards whatever is your next goal. Absolutely brilliant and very inspiring.

Hope I didn't miss anyone ? Have a lovely week everyone.

Gail x

My week was a bit rubbish really ! After my unexpected gain last week, this weeks gain was very expected. I did have a couple of good days but quite a few rubbish ones. I gained 5lbs which loses me my 5.5 stone shiny (again :sigh:) but hasn't demoralised me. I went shopping yesterday with a personal shopper and bought some lovely clothes which made me feel really good. So I have lots of incentive and will continue to do this.

Hoping next week is better :eek:

Gail x

Finally after 3 weeks of non motivation and STS, I've more or less stuck to plan this week and got back to zumba class and lost 2.25 lb :D
Hopefully this will get me back on track again and out of the wee ditch i'd climbed into!!!

Hi all, i hope to be a regular Sunday Weigher! Just finished my 1st week and have lost 5lbs!! Chuffed to bits :)
Start weight:(4/09/11) 19st 2lbs :(
Todays weight: (11/09/11) 18st 11lbs
Am doing the red days, have tried SW before doing the green days as is cheaper, but felt bloated and gained weight! Hope to continue recording a loss next week! XX

Hi all, i hope to be a regular Sunday Weigher! Just finished my 1st week and have lost 5lbs!! Chuffed to bits :)
Am doing the red days, have tried SW before doing the green days as is cheaper, but felt bloated and gained weight! Hope to continue recording a loss next week! XX

Welcome and congratulations on such a great first week loss! Let's hope it continues for you :) see you next week!

OzzieMoz said:
Well I've lost 0.5lb - I was a little bit disappointed as sneaky peeking suggested I should get a pound and I wanted my 1.5 stone sticker back. However, it's still weight off and that is the main thing! I know myself well and know that I would rather have 2 x 0.5lb losses consecutively than a 1lb loss and a sts, even though over 2 weeks,they add up to the same. I just like progress. So on that basis, I shall do a big whoop and a moderately loud yayy :D

I'm still being so good that it's a wonder that my golden halo shining in the southern hemisphere isn't newsworthy! Other than a bit of frustration at always having to plan carefully my food day versus the rest of the family, I'm finding it all quite simple this time. I'm in the zone duuuuude! :cool:

Onto other news, I had an "interview" with a recruitment agency on Friday morning. Very nice lady but afterwards I came away rather narked. She seemed very critical of my decision not to have worked for the last 9 years, 5 of which were caring for my parents who each had terminal cancer. I won't apologise to anyone for that, I was at that time financially able to do it and having always had a lovely relationship with my parents it was the right thing to do as a sign of my love and appreciation for all that they had done for me. Actually, I'm still quite angry, more with myself than the lady at the fact that I effectively rolled over and took the criticism, I should have stood up for myself. I won't do it again!

Well I'll have to wait and see whether they can do anything to help me. I'm not holding my breath though, she said I had an excellent career history and resume just marred by years not working. Pfffft! Sent off another 6 applications this week so hopefully one of those might result in something!

Fingers crossed here for all of you lovely people for the weigh-in when you wake up!

That's all from your Southern correspondent. Now back to the studio :rotflmao:

:thankyou: southern correspondent & well done on your weight loss!
I totally agree that you shouldn't apologise for looking after your parents.
:fingerscrossed: on the job front

Honey39 said:
Am really pleased to report a weight loss of 1.5 lbs this week, taking me to 103 lbs in total. I feel great about this loss, it's better than getting to a 100 lbs to be honest, because it feels like a small steady step towards getting to my goal. I feel really good.

Also, in the interests of checking out what worked this week:

- I photographed everything I ate: really really works!
- sweet potatos and cottage cheese at work: light and filling (better than normal potatoes apparently)
- ate healthily all week
- walking in the morning, but not in the evening because of a hellish week at work
- ate avocado/chicken salad twice

Am going to repeat last week's menu, because it was so delicious and lovely. Will order my grocery order right now, lol.

:welldone: again Honey :bunnydance: you are such a massive inspiration - I love your journey

craftylucyloo said:
Oh dear I put on .75. Had more syns this week than I normally would but still way under the limit so all I can think is it's that. I'm trying not to be down about it. It's just the body's way of catching up blah blah. Hopefully next week will see a bigger loss. Well done everyone who has lost today. X
That will soon shift Hun , its probably a stressful 3/4s and most definitely not fat!

why_d said:
morning all, another 1lb for me :D

I suppose my next goal should be to reach the 100lb mark, but don't want to stress over the century number, so setting my goal at losing another 25lb, this'll take me over the 100 mark, but get me to a round 325lb

good luck everyone!

:bunnydance: well done Why_D!!
And well done on posting weekly - it's people like u (& Honey) that help the rest of us who disappear, reappear!

blubex said:
Good morning everyone,

Well I am pretty stunned to report a 1lbs loss this morning. I was honestly expecting a gain after some really bad choices this week.

It is carnival day here today so I know today will be off plan. I am going to get back on it properly tomorrow and then really go for it for the week.

Well done to the losers so far, good luck to everyone else.

Hazel - I find my biggest losses are when I have little or no syns but I know others are different and swear by using the full quota. It's just a case of finding the right balance that works for you xx

:bunnydance: brilliant and enjoy your carnival or rather, I hope you did enjoy your carnival day!!

Potatogirl said:
Morning all.

3lbs on with totm. Having a restart from next week because I'm just so sick of the yoyoing - more than that - the documenting of the yoyoing!! I own it all. My head hasn't been in the right place for a number of weeks and we all know how hard it is to do anything when that is the case. One word - exercise. It's makes all the difference to me and I haven't been committing to it.

I've got an interview coming up shortly that I really need to get into the right mindset for and moping around feeling like c*!p ain't going to help me so Today is day one of recommitting to myself.

All the best for todays losses...

:fingerscrossed: on the interview. I am sure you will lose the 3lb next week.

neffa said:
Keep up the motivation everyone.
This week (only week 3) I lost another 2lb yay
:welcome: and a hello from me - well done on your weight loss

Nics.ck said:
Well done to all the Sunday losers! I'm pleased to announce that despite a moderately naughty couple of days due to my birthday celebrations that I have still managed 2lbs off this week. Although I was saintly up until Friday with very few syns, so I guess that helped along with starting to exercise this week. I guess that I need to be 100% this week to stop my naughtiness catching up with me!

I almost didn't weigh in, but as I now feel part of the Sunday weigh in club I thought I had better bite the bullit and show my face. Was seriously expecting a gain so -2 is nice surprise.....so aiming for 1lb off to take me to two stone or 2lbs for target!

.....another delayed :welcome: and hello from me. Well done on your weight loss

silly sausage said:
2 lbs on for me this week. Well deserved after Friday's wine shenanigans. I will contort myself and kick my own arse so save your energy nice people :eek:

Potato Girl - I could have written your post. SW aint rocket science so should be a piece of cake. I just need to stick to plan and move about more. Simples. I am going to refocus and join you in a brilliant week ahead! Go us - the sausage and mash gang! :party0011:

Well done everyone else for turning up and dancing bunnies for all those with losses :bunnydance:

Oh oh Sausage- I think I gave you my weightloss this week - sorry

Madmavey said:
Hi everyone, another 1lb off for me this week, but just off out for a meal for my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary, so will probably put it back on again! Will check in properly later, but a quick skim through I can spot some losses, well done everyone x

Enjoy the food and well done

Woodland girl said:
Sts for me!! No surprise there then....
I am back partner :)

PinkToaster said:
2 off for me :)
Yay pinkie!

gl12282 said:
My week was a bit rubbish really ! After my unexpected gain last week, this weeks gain was very expected. I did have a couple of good days but quite a few rubbish ones. I gained 5lbs which loses me my 5.5 stone shiny (again :sigh:) but hasn't demoralised me. I went shopping yesterday with a personal shopper and bought some lovely clothes which made me feel really good. So I have lots of incentive and will continue to do this.

Hoping next week is better :eek:

Gail x

......and I'm sure it will be do hun.

mumof2weerascals said:
Finally after 3 weeks of non motivation and STS, I've more or less stuck to plan this week and got back to zumba class and lost 2.25 lb :D
Hopefully this will get me back on track again and out of the wee ditch i'd climbed into!!!

......another hello from me & welcome. Well done on your weight loss!

LambRiniGiRl said:
:welcome: and good luck!

Blimey- my finger hurts now!!
Well it's a delayed , but worth it, 3 lb loss for me out if the naughty 7 I put on whilst on hols and off plan. Why_d said it would come off.
Had a radical haircut and colour yesterday . Tried to restyle this morning and had a manic panic attack as it all went terribly wrong.
So I chilled, retried and thank goodness , I did it.
Now a bit nervous for tomorrow as what my work colleagues might think. And it's a full on staff meeting!!!!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done everyone! I have skimmed back through today's posts, but only have a couple of minutes to post, so I'm being lazy and just hitting 'like'!

I completely blew it this week, with 4 meals out and 2 parties with lots of alcohol, so disappointed, but not too surprised, to see a 2.5lb gain this week.

I am trying not to feel too disheartened, as I'm hoping it will be fast on and fast off again - so I'm not going to update my stats, or remove my 5st shiny, even though it's officially gone! Will leave it there as incentive to get the 2.5lbs off again next week - and woe betide me if it has to come down then!

Didn't think I'd been 2.5lbs worth of 'naughty', but, on the whole, it was worth it, as I caught up with lots of friends and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Just shows how easily it goes on though!

Here's hoping we all have a good week! x

Wow - that was a mammoth sized read I've just had - so many people weighing in! Isn't it great as others have said that so many of us keep on trekking in week in week out! I'll tell you what I find now though is that I am confident that I will come in whether the result is good or bad, deserved or undeserved, because we've all been through it.

In the past (pre Sunday weigh-ers) when I didn't do so well, I would effectively "cheat" by not weighing in that week or by delaying my weigh-in by one more day in the hope that I would lose a bit and that weigh-in day was just an upward blip. However, people like our lovely sausage, why_d and Gail amongst others weigh in week in week out and take the results on the chin. No-one thinks the less of their commitment for having put on the odd pound occasionally, but on the contrary it inspires people like myself who don't deal with not losing well to still report in honestly and on time. I take off my metaphorical hat to you for teaching an old dog new tricks - wooooooooooof! :rotflmao:

As I am feeling all honest and inspired .... I just had a chunky kitkat .... it was my reward for installing a new modem/router! Our old one had been playing up for a few days, I just blamed the ISP but it seems it was the modem which died yesterday ... Isn't it the way though when you can least afford to buy something new yet need it most, it chooses to go kaput!

Anyway, I'm off to see if anything is happening on the job front - but I wanted to see how all of you were getting on first. See I have my priorities sorted! :D

Well done all and welcome back kwise!!

My intention this week is to cut back syns , I have been using them to their full capacity and then some...so time to have fewer methinks! Have a great week all
X

As I am feeling all honest and inspired .... I just had a chunky kitkat ....

This has made my day!!! I was having a really miserable morning and this just made me laugh :8855:. Thanks x

Moz - do you have orange kitkats in Oz? They are brilliant! :drool:

I haven't seen them but I haven't particularly looked but I will! To my eternal disgrace the chunky kitkat that I ate was one that I had bought for YoungOzMoz .... I did replace it in the afternoon after school and shhhhhhhh she doesn't know about my crime against confectionary :rotflmao:

Ooooh progress...I have just managed to remove my wedding ring!!!

This might not seem like much but I have been married for 5 years and for at least the last 4 and a half years my ring has been well and truly stuck on my finger...this has always been the one thing I have said will show me I am losing weight...I'm very pleased!!!!

Ooooh progress...I have just managed to remove my wedding ring!!!

This might not seem like much but I have been married for 5 years and for at least the last 4 and a half years my ring has been well and truly stuck on my finger...this has always been the one thing I have said will show me I am losing weight...I'm very pleased!!!!

Well done you! Mine is loose too, so much so I am worried it might fall off! I keep joking to my husband that I may have to take it off....it's only been on there 11yrs! I have an eternity that I had to stop wearing whilst pregnant that is also loose and it's a size smaller than my wedding ring (worn together). Might have to get them sized if I maintain well!! Think I need to get to target first!!

Yesterday was quite disastrous food-wise! It started strangely with a piece of old-lady cake. Not entirely sure what the cake was but my friend in her 90s gave us a bit and when I was putting some in LittleOM's lunch Esky I accidentally had some! I have no idea why, I'm not a cake fiend at all!

Then the day was good..... but our Roger the Lodger.... our friend who stays with us for a couple of weeks that has stretched out to 9 months now, offered to make dinner and I couldn't refuse it's so rare! I was going to make my own but then I came over all lazy - so I had a huge greasy burger with beef-burger, chicken burger, bacon and egg in it - with beetroot and lettuce as token healthy stuff! ... oh and cheese! It wasn't even that lovely to be honest as I haven't eaten meat for a month, it felt a bit yuck!

So having had that, I had another bit of cake and some chocolate! This is so not me! I never was an over-eater I just slowly put on weight eating the wrong foods but never in any great amount. Oh well! I won't be doing it again in a hurry!

Now I must go, puppy and cat are having a disagreement!

i feel for ya Ozzie! i had KFC for lunch today. no idea why. wasn't even that enjoyable. oh well, tomorrow's a new day!

hello all!!! How's your week going? Mine is going pretty well - I've eaten out twice, but am getting more relaxed about this, and I feel that I've crossed into a smaller world in the last couple of weeks; really hard to explain, but I feel like I've made a massive shift. Maybe it's just because I can finally see that I've lost a lot of weight?

Morning Honey...good for you, you have lost a huge amount of weight so you should feel great about it! My week is going well, been really good diet wise although I feel really bloated....quick jump on the scales this am has me STS so birthday weekend damage not caught up with me, however don't think I will be making target this week on Sunday weigh in. Need to get out and exercise but baby's overnight waking times not facilitating early start this week and I need my sleep so may have to wait till weekend when husband can take care of the boys! Would like at least a pound off for my hard efforts though!

Back