Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

OzzieMoz said:
Yesterday was quite disastrous food-wise! It started strangely with a piece of old-lady cake. Not entirely sure what the cake was but my friend in her 90s gave us a bit and when I was putting some in LittleOM's lunch Esky I accidentally had some! I have no idea why, I'm not a cake fiend at all!

Then the day was good..... but our Roger the Lodger.... our friend who stays with us for a couple of weeks that has stretched out to 9 months now, offered to make dinner and I couldn't refuse it's so rare! I was going to make my own but then I came over all lazy - so I had a huge greasy burger with beef-burger, chicken burger, bacon and egg in it - with beetroot and lettuce as token healthy stuff! ... oh and cheese! It wasn't even that lovely to be honest as I haven't eaten meat for a month, it felt a bit yuck!

So having had that, I had another bit of cake and some chocolate! This is so not me! I never was an over-eater I just slowly put on weight eating the wrong foods but never in any great amount. Oh well! I won't be doing it again in a hurry!

Now I must go, puppy and cat are having a disagreement!

What is old lady cake lol??

why_d said:
i feel for ya Ozzie! i had KFC for lunch today. no idea why. wasn't even that enjoyable. oh well, tomorrow's a new day!
Dya know, I have never eaten a KFC in my whole life!!?!?!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What is old lady cake lol??

I have no idea! Just a sponge cake that my old lady friend made :8855: I'm not entirely sure what it was.

I feel really rough this morning - not sure if I'm coming down with something but I just want the world to go away and leave me alone. Having said that I have loads to get done, so I better stop whining and get on with it!

I had another day where I didn't eat properly. Not as bad as the previous day, just not on plan. I think I need to kick my heels up every so often and rebel, so that I can remember why I have to watch what I eat carefully. Today I need to get the halo polish out and work hard at regaining my angel status :)

Well my week went wrong half-way through and for no good reason I just went off the rails. I've put on 1lb this week and deserve it. I can't even say, it was worth it as I've had a great time, I haven't and I'm p'd off with myself. Only good thing that I see from this, is that I have come in and owned up to/faced my gain.

In other news and perhaps explaining a bit my week being derailed, I'm slowly but surely giving up all hope of finding work. I feel like at 47 I've been consigned to the scrap heap and I can't see a way out.

All I can do is keep plugging a way at it though. It's at times like this that I really miss having my parents.

Good luck to everyone else with the weigh-in! Sorry to have got it off to a bad start - next week will be better! No more old-lady cake for me!

Oh Oz so sorry to hear of your gain. Big well done for coming on and fessing up. I have had another emotional week this week so hardly been on but been trying to post up a food diary as regularly as I can. Been sticking to plan but had more syns than normal but still less than 70. I feel fat and bloated and dreading the scales tomorrow but it has to be done. Thinking I might go out for cake if I have gained. I'm missing it. x

Oh Oz so sorry to hear of your gain. Big well done for coming on and fessing up. I have had another emotional week this week so hardly been on but been trying to post up a food diary as regularly as I can. Been sticking to plan but had more syns than normal but still less than 70. I feel fat and bloated and dreading the scales tomorrow but it has to be done. Thinking I might go out for cake if I have gained. I'm missing it. x

Cake when you're feeling down doesn't cure anything and just leads you to beat yourself up. Cake when you're celebrating something positive is a whole different matter. Calorie/syn-wise they amount to the same but it's the psychological effect that is different. Sad-cake will lead to more ..... happy-cake is more often a one off treat/reward that you factor in and then can draw a line under. That's my pseudo-psycho-bibble-babble for the day :8855:

You might get a better result than you think, just because you feel bloated doesn't necessarily mean it will be a gain. Just weigh in and if it is a sts or gain, then join me in a week of unrelenting goodness!

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

Cake when you're feeling down doesn't cure anything and just leads you to beat yourself up. Cake when you're celebrating something positive is a whole different matter. Calorie/syn-wise they amount to the same but it's the psychological effect that is different. Sad-cake will lead to more ..... happy-cake is more often a one off treat/reward that you factor in and then can draw a line under. That's my pseudo-psycho-bibble-babble for the day :8855:

You might get a better result than you think, just because you feel bloated doesn't necessarily mean it will be a gain. Just weigh in and if it is a sts or gain, then join me in a week of unrelenting goodness!

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

i have celebration cake all the time! as long as i'm sensible with what i'm eating at other times then fri night is usually cake night in my house. never feel guilty unless i'm eating leftovers on a sunday morning after weigh in - looks longingly at huge wedge of left over cake that NEEDS to be eaten, lol

a STS for me this week, but it was a tough one. hope to cram a few green days in this week

Ok, confession time - I wasn't going to weigh in this morning as I was fully expecting a bad week, had my excuse all planned out, but then after popping on to see how everyone was I thought s*d it I'm going to do it and by some bizzarre miracle have managed an STS.

I have been miles off plan this week - skipping meals then compensating with chocolate, sweets, cakes etc - I think the only reason I've not gained is because I haven't eaten three meals in any day this week - even now I have not had breakfast and have no plans to have any!!!

I need to have a serious word with myself as just not feeling it at the mo...not good. This is usually around when I chuck the towel in and regain all of the weight I have lost - I so desperately don't want to do that but really struggling.

Think I might go and buy Sept SW mag and see if I can find some inspiration in there!!!

Good luck to everyone xxx

Oh dear have I started a cake war? Come on you know me that I don't eat that stuff but once in a while anyway. Happy to say it will be a celebration eat as I lost 2.25!!!!!! Just goes to show you really can't go by how you feel. I feel crappy today with a sore throat, thudding head and achy. So that has cheered me up.

*hugs for Moz* I hope your feelings of job hopelessness are a temporary glitch. You will have to start oozing positivity and confidence to hook an employer. Chin up and start oozing, woman! A pound is nowt, so no worries :) xxx

Congrats to Lucyloo, Blubex and Why_D. Hope you feel better soon Lucyloo.

Blubex - well done for weighing in this week. Hope you have a good week this week. Just 3 meals a day with a couple of snacks in between...dead easy! One day at a time and all that, it really works :D

I've never had a KFC either...or a big mac come to think of it :p

Morning sexy sizzling saucy sunday weighers!!!!

Well my week went wrong half-way through and for no good reason I just went off the rails. I've put on 1lb this week and deserve it. I can't even say, it was worth it as I've had a great time, I haven't and I'm p'd off with myself. Only good thing that I see from this, is that I have come in and owned up to/faced my gain.

In other news and perhaps explaining a bit my week being derailed, I'm slowly but surely giving up all hope of finding work. I feel like at 47 I've been consigned to the scrap heap and I can't see a way out.

All I can do is keep plugging a way at it though. It's at times like this that I really miss having my parents.

Good luck to everyone else with the weigh-in! Sorry to have got it off to a bad start - next week will be better! No more old-lady cake for me!

((((((((((((((((((huge hugs))))))))))))))))))) you're our fab founder, ozzie, we love you and you're doing brilliantly. Just draw a line under it, and have an amazing week next week.

a STS for me this week, but it was a tough one. hope to cram a few green days in this week

Sorry Why_D - I hate hearing it was a tough week, but huge well done for maintaining and coming here and logging in and blogging in! You're doing awesomely well, and every time I moan a little and then read your story, I feel ashamed of myself - you're a true inspiration to me! :)

Ok, confession time - I wasn't going to weigh in this morning as I was fully expecting a bad week, had my excuse all planned out, but then after popping on to see how everyone was I thought s*d it I'm going to do it and by some bizzarre miracle have managed an STS.

I have been miles off plan this week - skipping meals then compensating with chocolate, sweets, cakes etc - I think the only reason I've not gained is because I haven't eaten three meals in any day this week - even now I have not had breakfast and have no plans to have any!!!

I need to have a serious word with myself as just not feeling it at the mo...not good. This is usually around when I chuck the towel in and regain all of the weight I have lost - I so desperately don't want to do that but really struggling.

Think I might go and buy Sept SW mag and see if I can find some inspiration in there!!!

Yay, well done on the STS despite the cakes etc! You're doing so well!

Oh dear have I started a cake war? Come on you know me that I don't eat that stuff but once in a while anyway. Happy to say it will be a celebration eat as I lost 2.25!!!!!! Just goes to show you really can't go by how you feel. I feel crappy today with a sore throat, thudding head and achy. So that has cheered me up.

Fabulous - huge well done you!!

3 lbs off for me this week. Very close to the next stone category which is exciting :D

You are a powerhouse, silly - that's an amazing result to get, well done you! I'm so excited to see your stats go down and you're doing fabulously well - yay!!!!!!!

Morning all,
Congrats to all that lost and those who didn't, dont worry tomorrows another week.
No loss for me this week, I think its my first STS and I'm OK with that. Better than a gain and I know I didn't eat great this week so everything fine.
Got absolutely loads of cleaning and tidying today. Flat mate started to gut the flat and never finished so the place looks worse than we he started :sigh:

Sausage and Mash - together at last!! 3lbs for me too!!! Get us!

You said we'd lose this week - you are now my official guru..:worthy:

I'm in the 17's again and STAYING there...

All the best to those still to WI...:0)

My weigh in this morning was good - I lost 2 lbs, taking me to 105 lbs lost, or 7.5 stones. Unbelievable!!!! Am so pleased.

Also, I'm absolutely delighted to be seeing these regular steady losses again - I found the 10 lbs leading up to a 100 lbs loss really difficult, I think it was psychological or something. Now it just feels like business as usual.

I'm not walking so much, but I think I've made a bit of a breakthrough on my meals - I've been eating 'clean' (is that right?) instead of processed low-cal foods, I've been eating food from scratch most of the week. Nothing fancy, but sweet potato and cottage cheese at work twice, chicken and avocado salad at home twice, that kind of thing. I wonder if that's making a difference? I am definitely finding the last few weeks much easier, and I don't entirely know why, because I'm not doing anything differently.

I can't believe how much my stats have changed. I used to feel like I had such a long long long way to go, and I still do have some ways, but I've well and truly crossed the mid point. I feel a bit teary this morning, sort of grateful and awed and happy.

People are also asking me more and more what I'm doing etc - like there's a secret to it. And I feel baffled, because I can't help them; the only thing I've noticed is that time seems to be the most important thing of all. Losing weight for 14 months is more important than losing 105 lbs, if that makes sense.

Anyway, getting philosophical here - hope everyone gives themselves a gigantic pat on the back for turning up and weighing in this Sunday morning. We are so fabulous for doing this week after week!!!

Hi Oz, sorry to hear you've been having a bad week. Didn't you mention that you weren't feeling well earlier in the week? If so, that could well be the reason for the small gain.

Have you considered freelancing? I'm not sure what it is that you do, but could working for yourself be an option? I set up on my own at the start of this year, and while it's been slow to build business up, it's been extremely rewarding.

You are certainly not on the scrap heap at 47!

Hope you have a great week. x

Well done Why_D - a STS can be as good as a loss after a tough week. Hope you have a great week this week! x

Well done on sneaking a STS! Hope it gives you the inspiration you need to get back on plan!

Well done crafty, that's a fab loss - hope you feel better soon! x

3 lbs off for me this week. Very close to the next stone category which is exciting :D

Woohoo! Brill result Sausage - hope you have another good week this week and get that next stone shiny! x

Morning all,
Congrats to all that lost and those who didn't, dont worry tomorrows another week.
No loss for me this week, I think its my first STS and I'm OK with that. Better than a gain and I know I didn't eat great this week so everything fine.
Got absolutely loads of cleaning and tidying today. Flat mate started to gut the flat and never finished so the place looks worse than we he started :sigh:

A STS, when you know the reason why, is no bad thing. It can remind you to get back to basics when you've become a bit complacent - hope you have a good week! x

Sausage and Mash - together at last!! 3lbs for me too!!! Get us!

You said we'd lose this week - you are now my official guru..:worthy:

I'm in the 17's again and STAYING there...

All the best to those still to WI...:0)

Woohoo! Lovely to get into the next stone down bracket - and always a challenge to stay there! Hope you have another fab week and well and truly kiss those 18s goodbye! x

My weigh in this morning was good - I lost 2 lbs, taking me to 105 lbs lost, or 7.5 stones. Unbelievable!!!! Am so pleased.

Also, I'm absolutely delighted to be seeing these regular steady losses again - I found the 10 lbs leading up to a 100 lbs loss really difficult, I think it was psychological or something. Now it just feels like business as usual.

I'm not walking so much, but I think I've made a bit of a breakthrough on my meals - I've been eating 'clean' (is that right?) instead of processed low-cal foods, I've been eating food from scratch most of the week. Nothing fancy, but sweet potato and cottage cheese at work twice, chicken and avocado salad at home twice, that kind of thing. I wonder if that's making a difference? I am definitely finding the last few weeks much easier, and I don't entirely know why, because I'm not doing anything differently.

I can't believe how much my stats have changed. I used to feel like I had such a long long long way to go, and I still do have some ways, but I've well and truly crossed the mid point. I feel a bit teary this morning, sort of grateful and awed and happy.

People are also asking me more and more what I'm doing etc - like there's a secret to it. And I feel baffled, because I can't help them; the only thing I've noticed is that time seems to be the most important thing of all. Losing weight for 14 months is more important than losing 105 lbs, if that makes sense.

Anyway, getting philosophical here - hope everyone gives themselves a gigantic pat on the back for turning up and weighing in this Sunday morning. We are so fabulous for doing this week after week!!!

Well done Honey - you are inspirational. I agree with you that following the plan for a long period of time is a victory in itself! I've been on SW for 15 months now and I think I've finally got to the stage where I know that the changes I've made to my diet are permanent, I can use the basics of SW for life!

A fab week for me - I not only lost the 2.5lbs I gained last week, but another 2.5lbs besides!!! Cheshire Cat grinnage this morning!

I too had a back to basics week, and I think it really helped - and re-focused me!

I am now the lightest I've been for possibly 20 years!!!! :D

Good luck to everyone still to WI xxx

Back