Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

An STS here too. Always happens after a big loss!
I've never had a big mac either - probably cos I hate beef more than I hate chicken lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wowee! Congrats Spanx on your cracking 5 lb loss this week! :bunnydance:

Vicky - well done on maintaining this week and for having a great attitude. Have a fab week :D

Hey Potato Girl - LOL Go us yaay!!! :party0011:

Honeybun - 7.5 stone is mindboggling. Huge congrats :winner: Loving your clean eating regime. Glad to see you are not afraid of avocados. They get bad press for being as synful as mars bars, but they are epic superfoods . You know Capricorn? She eats them all the time and she is a SW queen. Your head is in the zone and you are a real ambassador for us home weighers :) x

Kwise - you are a closet veggie. Admit it lol. Well done on your STS :D

I am feeling very motivated and am batch cooking today.

silly sausage said:
Wowee! Congrats Spanx on your cracking 5 lb loss this week! :bunnydance:

Vicky - well done on maintaining this week and for having a great attitude. Have a fab week :D

Hey Potato Girl - LOL Go us yaay!!! :party0011:

Honeybun - 7.5 stone is mindboggling. Huge congrats :winner: Loving your clean eating regime. Glad to see you are not afraid of avocados. They get bad press for being as synful as mars bars, but are they are epic superfoods . You know Capricorn? She eats them all the time and she is a SW queen. Your head is in the zone and you are a real ambassador for us home weighers :) x

Kwise - you are a closet veggie. Admit it lol. Well done on your STS :D

I am feeling very motivated and am batch cooking today.

Lol - nah I love my bacon !!!!!

Kx

silly sausage said:
You couldn't be tempted by quorn bacon then? Tastes like salty insoles...mmmm :p

Bleurghhhhh - trust u to choose something I work with- lol

Hello ladies! Well done on some good losses again this week. You are an inspiration! I have STS again this week, although a sneaky check on weds showed a pound gain so I'm thankful I've not gained overall. Think it was down to last weekends birthday extravaganza which I thought I'd got away with (no gain so in reality I have). Not been able to exercise this week due to a needy baby and I think I have man flu....there has to be at least a pound of fuzziness in my head! It's always when I have my heart set on reaching a target too...needed a pound for two stone award! But am going to go for it again this week... I will get there!

Good luck for next week people!!

Not too bad, 2lbs off

1 21/08/2011 15 st 1 ½ lbs -
2 28/08/2011 14 st 11 ½ lbs - 4 lbs
3 04/08/2011 14 st 8 ½ lbs - 7 lbs
4 11/09/2011 14 st 7 ½ lbs - 8 lbs
5 18/09/2011 14 st 5 ½ lbs - 10 lbs

Well my week went wrong half-way through and for no good reason I just went off the rails. I've put on 1lb this week and deserve it. I can't even say, it was worth it as I've had a great time, I haven't and I'm p'd off with myself. Only good thing that I see from this, is that I have come in and owned up to/faced my gain.

In other news and perhaps explaining a bit my week being derailed, I'm slowly but surely giving up all hope of finding work. I feel like at 47 I've been consigned to the scrap heap and I can't see a way out.

All I can do is keep plugging a way at it though. It's at times like this that I really miss having my parents.

Oh poor Ozzie. I know things are pretty bad at the moment. I think we all understand that feeling of done 'stupid' things and then regretting it. However it is only one week. You had a couple of good weeks before that so you can get that back.

I know things aren't going well with regards to work (understatement I know) but I remember you saying something about an organisation that may be able to help you but not for a couple of months. I hope that if you have to get to that stage that they will be able to help ?

Big hugs from me (for what they are worth)

I've never had a KFC either...or a big mac come to think of it :p

:eek: Really ??? You and Kwise have led a deprived life........:rolleyes:

Well done for our losers this week. Especially honey for her new milestone and Spanx for a BIG loss (and for being a feather now !). Sorry if I missed anyone out.

Sorry for delay in posting and for being brief. I had a week a bit like Ozzie's in food terms. So I STS. Deserved (in fact if I hadn't had such a humungous gain last week I would have gained this week I suspect). So I feel a bit ashamed but I don't think I am worried that I am spiralling out of control. I feel ok and I am doing some good things. Hopefully that will prevail eventually !

See you next week.

Gail x

Another Sunday weigher here! First week weigh in today, lost 2lb. Glad of the loss but a bit disheartened as I've stuck to it 100%. When I've done it before my first week has always been between 4 and 6lb, i know where ive gone wrong though, ive not eaten enough! That's why I love sw, how many diets do you know of where you get a better result if you eat loads! Lol

Thanks for all the kind wishes. You have no idea how much they mean to me :)

I think I just need to give myself a kick up the bum and get on with things. I keep thinking it would be good if I had an idea for my own business, but quite frankly I don't :8855: Anyone got any ideas for me?

Welcome to the thread spookess! We're a friendly mob and the support here through good times and bad is second to none! Fingers crossed that you have an even better week next week, although 2lbs is still a great loss!

I was back to being saintly yesterday and am going for 100% this week again. I'm going to have to be strong when I visit Daphne as old lady cake was the start of my downfall but not in truth the cause.

Just heading out soon to take LittleOM off to a pool party for her best friend's birthday. She's a lucky girl, she lives just up the road from a beautiful beach! It's mad really we live so close to all these beaches and we rarely go!

Anyway, well done to all the losers, there didn't seem to be too many gains this week! Honey you are a superstar as always and a HUGE well-done to the sausage and mash! Spanx - what can I say? 5lbs!! Big whoooooooooop!! nearly typed a big whoops then, but that should be for my gain :8855:

Fingers crossed for a great week for all of us! :fingerscrossed:

Hiya, i am a sunday weigher too. I started slimming world about 4 weeks ago and i recorded my first 2lbs loss yesterday. My target is 60lbs loss.

Last edited:
Hiya, i am a sunday weigher too. I started slimming world about 4 weeks ago and i recorded my first 2lbs loss yesterday. My target is 60lbs loss.

Welcome Slimnfit! You will find lots of very supportive Sunday weighers here. Hope you are finding the Slimming World way easy, if not there are lots of very knowledgable people on here that can help with any questions/problems you may have! Good luck!

It's not recommended as they contain the correct amount of calcium and fibre that you need, whereas syns don't. I do know people that do use them as syns as an occasional one off if they are going to a wedding or party etc to try to limit the damage. If you choose your syns wisely hopefully you won't need extra.

It's not recommended as they contain the correct amount of calcium and fibre that you need, whereas syns don't. I do know people that do use them as syns as an occasional one off if they are going to a wedding or party etc to try to limit the damage. If you choose your syns wisely hopefully you won't need extra.
I agree with you.

Hi everybody, am weighing in a day late, due to a rubbish week I have put on 2 pound. Just can't seem to get my mojo back at the moment. Have had a read through here and there have been some great losses this week, am hoping that this will give me the kick I need to get back on track. Well done everyone x

:welcome: Hello Spookess and Slimnfit!

Gail- I am frankly shocked to hear you say you feel ashamed. Hopefully that was a typo :) x

Hi Moz - what kind of things do you do? Apart from amusing me at breakfast time, what are your talents? Give us a clue and we can all put on our thinking heads :hmm:

Hi Moz - what kind of things do you do? Apart from amusing me at breakfast time, what are your talents? Give us a clue and we can all put on our thinking heads :hmm:

Apart from being an administrative whizz-kid ... but without the "whizz" and I'm a bit old to be referred to as a kid .... well apart from that, I think I have no particular talent :8855: Honestly! I was talking to my old lady friend, Daphne about this the other week, we were both lamenting people that are really artistic, whether it be with craft stuff, art, needlework etc... she said that she was a talentless old heap ... but I pointed out that she was a wonderful cook. Truly she is! She just pooh-poohs her talent but her baking is second-to-none! So that left just me in the talentless corner - d'oh! :8855:

The only thing that people ever comment on is my writing/chatting and say that I have a way with words and make people smile. However, that in itself is nothing remarkable so I don't think I could use that! I used to re-write/edit and format reports on a regular basis as part of my job so I do like words, and I can write properly when I have to ... I just choose not to!! :p :D

I talk alot too! That's not a skill though apparently, as far as my OH is concerned it is a curse :eek: :cry: :D

Yesterday, I was positively angelic again, apart from a mini pie thing which accidentally fell in my mouth after first bouncing in a little puddle of tomato sauce! It was tragic but I took it on the chin ... I think I would have stayed within my syns as it really was a little pie! a party pie I believe it is called. LittleOzMoz had a whale of a time at her pool party, considering she doesn't swim and has been scared of the water a bit, apparently she barely came out of the water all day! I have high hopes that she might be swimming soon! I'm taking her back there in a few days for another play day, it's school holidays at the moment.

Sneaky peeking at my weight suggest that my pound has gone again, so I'm determined to make progress this week! I want my 1.5 stone award back and there is no good reason why I should not achieve it. Not yet there isn't anyway :8855:

Well I have wibbled on for too long as usual and better go do something vaguely productive! Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

silly sausage said:
Gail- I am frankly shocked to hear you say you feel ashamed. Hopefully that was a typo :) x

LOL !! Thanks sausage for your unending support.

Moz, I am going to have a think about what you could do. What kinds of stuff have you been applying for ?

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back