Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Honey39 said:
MMmmmmm, sounds amazing - does it do well as leftovers for lunch? I definitely want to try that, sounds fabulous!

I had salmon and scrambled eggs with asparagus, rocket and tomatoes. Was quite light and really tasty.

Ooh I don't know - I'm a bit funny about cold rice or reheating - due to that bacteria thingie!!

Yours sounds v. Yummy. I love smoked salmon and salmon

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i'm with ya Honey!

i had the slow cooker beef strogonoff from the slow cooker thread, was nice, but watery, had to add a bit of cornflour... with mash potato and cabbage :D

I'm up for the 100% challenge - I'd love to lose 2lb on Sunday. I've got all my meals planned also - I get a bit anxious otherwise! Had chilli tonight packed out with free veg and got some home made veg soup simmering away for tomorrow night.
Big gold star for Honey - you certainly have had a good day!

Samus

I often reheat rice - haven't died yet :eek:

Thanks for your kind words honey. I agree that this is the biggest long term thing in my life and I am determined not to put it back on. I recognise that the only way to do that is by staying (more or less :eek:) on plan so that is what I intend to do. Sometimes that feels daunting but mostly I just accept that it's either that or put it all back on so that's it - decision made !

Anyway, I'm having a rubbish week in many ways (not enough food, one meal per day :() but it's nearly halfway through.......

See you Sunday as usual.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hello Gang, I'm back again :eek: and I will try and post more often.

Bad news - I had a spiral where I was binging virtually every day and broke down in almost hysterical tears at group at the fear of putting all the weight back on. It started when I realised that getting a job wasnt going to be as easy as I had hoped and getting dumped via email didnt help :cry:

On the upside, I have started a diary (not on here, too personal) so I can write down my emotions rather than trying to bury them with a mountain of food. I have also changed groups from a tuesday evening to friday morning. This has helped me as I was getting into the habit of starving myself trying to claw back a loss (it didnt work lol) But I am going to have to try and stop being such a doormat to people. Case in point, ex has just started a Masters degree where he had to do a 1000 word essay and a popwerpoint presentation (just for practice he wasnt marked on it as an assignment). He called me the night before it was due and asked me to do it. Like a complete doormat I agreed and sat up all night doing it for him. I just havent got it in myself so say 'NO! you are using me' and so I end up hating myself for letting myself being used, so i eat :(

I still have my 4.5 stone shiny (but only just) as I had a 0.5 loss last week by some miracle! I am trying really hard this week and have had 2 good days out of the 5 that I have had since my last weigh in.

Sorry for the essay - but I did warn you that I was writing it all down :p

Bad news - I had a spiral where I was binging virtually every day and broke down in almost hysterical tears at group at the fear of putting all the weight back on. It started when I realised that getting a job wasnt going to be as easy as I had hoped and getting dumped via email didnt help :cry:

On the upside, I have started a diary (not on here, too personal) so I can write down my emotions rather than trying to bury them with a mountain of food. I have also changed groups from a tuesday evening to friday morning. This has helped me as I was getting into the habit of starving myself trying to claw back a loss (it didnt work lol) But I am going to have to try and stop being such a doormat to people. Case in point, ex has just started a Masters degree where he had to do a 1000 word essay and a popwerpoint presentation (just for practice he wasnt marked on it as an assignment). He called me the night before it was due and asked me to do it. Like a complete doormat I agreed and sat up all night doing it for him. I just havent got it in myself so say 'NO! you are using me' and so I end up hating myself for letting myself being used, so i eat :(

I still have my 4.5 stone shiny (but only just) as I had a 0.5 loss last week by some miracle! I am trying really hard this week and have had 2 good days out of the 5 that I have had since my last weigh in.

Welcome back and so glad to hear from you! Sorry things haven't been going so well but things can only get better!!

I'm so with you on the job front - it's not easy out there at all, regardless of experience, qualifications etc... You'll get there in the end!

As for your doormat qualities, I share them - I talk tough in my head about "never again" but at the first challenge I crumple and hear myself saying "yes I can do that, not a problem" - but it IS a problem, if only because it's not our responsibility anymore. If you're anything like me you put more effort into something for someone else than you would even if it were for yourself! Pffffft! We shall be downtrodden no more!! Arise all doormats and shake off the dust of oppression!! Rarrrrrrrrr!! I'm fierce this morning :8855:

Actually on the job front I have had a minor breakthrough, I have just got a job doing nightfill at the local supermarket! They only guarantee 6 hours a week but usually give you 10- 12 hours. It's not much but it's better than nothing. I think it will kill me as I am an early to bed early to rise person and I also have the muscles of a puny daddy-long-legs .... As career changes go, it's a bit of a staggering one but hopefully something more appropriate will come along soon, I'm keeping the applications flowing!

Hope everyone else is having a good week!

Welcome back Smartie - great to see you. Congrats on keeping the 4.5 stone shiny. That is no mean feat when things are going badly, so please be proud of that, even if you're not proud of how things are going overall.

Sorry to hear that things are not great in life in general. Definitely need to learn to say 'no' more - if you're not sure then try to say to EVERYONE (even if you're pretty certain that you'll say yes because it's a reasonable request) that you need to go away and think about their request for at least 5 mins (but ideally overnight) which might help you step back and think. And remember that if you do say 'yes' to an unreasonable request, it is ok to change your mind. You would probably get some complaints if you did that but if the request was unreasonable In the first place (as the one you described) that isn't your problem. Please remember that.

Great to hear from you though.

Ozzie - well done on the job. I know it isn't what you want but it will bring some money in and hopefully help raise your self esteem too. It's a first step.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Smartieeee!!! Great to have you back safely in the bosom of the thread! xxx

Sounds to me that you are doing everything you can to get back on course, stay sane and become the very best version of yourself you can. Take SW gently and celebrate any loss. And don't wander off again!!!

BS - so pleased to have you back, I have missed u :(. It sounds like u are getting back on track and sorting everything out which is the first step. We are all here for you as always , and know u can do it.

OzMoz - well done on the job front - things are looking up. Has pup been behaving itself ?

100% again Honey - so far so good!! I do hope (and pray) that a loss is imminent this weighin as next week (wed) is my birthday , and I'm going out to eat with DH , and again for a Chinese the weekend after!

Kx

i'm with ya Honey!

i had the slow cooker beef strogonoff from the slow cooker thread, was nice, but watery, had to add a bit of cornflour... with mash potato and cabbage :D

Mmmmmm, that sounds so nice - am determined to use my slow cooker a bit more this year, because the food is so good for you.

I'm up for the 100% challenge - I'd love to lose 2lb on Sunday. I've got all my meals planned also - I get a bit anxious otherwise! Had chilli tonight packed out with free veg and got some home made veg soup simmering away for tomorrow night.
Big gold star for Honey - you certainly have had a good day!

Samus

Woo hoo! Hope your week is going well Samus!

I often reheat rice - haven't died yet :eek:

Thanks for your kind words honey. I agree that this is the biggest long term thing in my life and I am determined not to put it back on. I recognise that the only way to do that is by staying (more or less :eek:) on plan so that is what I intend to do. Sometimes that feels daunting but mostly I just accept that it's either that or put it all back on so that's it - decision made !

Anyway, I'm having a rubbish week in many ways (not enough food, one meal per day :() but it's nearly halfway through.......

See you Sunday as usual.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone
Awwwwww, Gail - why are you having such a rubbish week? Sounds miserable, poor you (((((((((hugs))))))))))

Blue Smartie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge welcome back - I'm sorry things have been tough, but it's so nice to see you again. We missed you, and we need you on this thread!!!!

Welcome back and so glad to hear from you! Sorry things haven't been going so well but things can only get better!!

I'm so with you on the job front - it's not easy out there at all, regardless of experience, qualifications etc... You'll get there in the end!

As for your doormat qualities, I share them - I talk tough in my head about "never again" but at the first challenge I crumple and hear myself saying "yes I can do that, not a problem" - but it IS a problem, if only because it's not our responsibility anymore. If you're anything like me you put more effort into something for someone else than you would even if it were for yourself! Pffffft! We shall be downtrodden no more!! Arise all doormats and shake off the dust of oppression!! Rarrrrrrrrr!! I'm fierce this morning :8855:

Actually on the job front I have had a minor breakthrough, I have just got a job doing nightfill at the local supermarket! They only guarantee 6 hours a week but usually give you 10- 12 hours. It's not much but it's better than nothing. I think it will kill me as I am an early to bed early to rise person and I also have the muscles of a puny daddy-long-legs .... As career changes go, it's a bit of a staggering one but hopefully something more appropriate will come along soon, I'm keeping the applications flowing!

Hope everyone else is having a good week!

Great news on the job front - I know it's a small start, but am so pleased for you to see this has worked out!

Congratulations Moz on your new job :D Does this mean we will all be awake at the same time?

My week is going well so far. 100% and even managed a bit of exercise yesterday (which I can feel today!)

Woo hoo on 100%, silly sausage - you're an awesome sausage this week :D

BS - so pleased to have you back, I have missed u :(. It sounds like u are getting back on track and sorting everything out which is the first step. We are all here for you as always , and know u can do it.

OzMoz - well done on the job front - things are looking up. Has pup been behaving itself ?

100% again Honey - so far so good!! I do hope (and pray) that a loss is imminent this weighin as next week (wed) is my birthday , and I'm going out to eat with DH , and again for a Chinese the weekend after!

Kx

Great news about a 100% week, that's what I want to hear from all of us!!!!

Had three 100% days this week, so pleased about that. I'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds on Sunday, but more than that, I'm really pleased to be eating healthily and on track after a blippy week last week. I find it reassuring that this seems to be my default position, and that the longer I'm doing this, the more 'normal' it becomes. I cannot imagine just now how I used to eat, because this seems normal after 14 months. Anyway, planning for another good week. I have lunch out at a local Indian restaurant, but I'm going to have plain boiled rice and chickpea curry, so that should be fairly healthy. I'm going to avoid the naan and the ice cream.

Then for tea I'm planning scrambled eggs and salmon again, so a light tea, with a salad. I've got my snacks prepared for work (chopped apples and carrots), so I think I should be okay and eat well today.

Hope everyone has a great day - half way through the week, come on gang, let's have a terrific weigh in on Sunday!!

Well done Honey. Great to hear you so fired up again.

Smartie - how is Sum getting on ? She popped up a few weeks ago then disappeared again. Please send her my/our best and tell her that we miss her.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Another 100%- yay.

Didn't shop in time for today so was contemplating a takeaway - but DH just phoned and is popping to tesco - so I have requested ingredients for my creamy smoked salmon pasta - yum - how good am I lol

Kx

What's happened - my subscribed threads are not working and keep crashing - aaarrrgghhhh

Hey guys!!! How's it going? Am pleased to report a totally 100% on track week so far - I feel good about myself for that, it's been really positive. I'm hoping to see a loss tomorrow, just got to stick to eating well and healthily today. The plan is to have chickpea curry at lunchtime, and maybe lash out on a steak and stir fry tonight. But I feel great overall, despite a few health issues.

How's everyone else doing?

Well here goes 'twas the night before my first weigh in ,had a crap week but stayed mostly on plan feel very affected by Pms yes that's right mother nature on my first week and a full moon to boot , wondering if any one on red days has more probs with pms than usual ,very strange anyway here's hoping some good news tomorrow

Hiya Cilla :) I don't do red days, but believe green days may be good for pms. Eating starchy carbs, little and often, keeps you blood sugar levels on an even keel. This can help prevent mood swings and cravings. Good luck for weigh in tomorrow!

My week has been good. Over my syns a tad yesterday, but not too bothered. I am off work for a week...yeeehaaaa! :D

Had a great week 100% so far.

Finding this app a complete pain in the ar** as it keeps crashing when I try to look at my subscribed threads - so having to trawl through the threads to find what I am after - humph!!

Kx

Sorry not been around much, things are a bit hectic at the moment and I'm feeling fairly down.

Induction at work on Thursday and then my first evening proper work was yesterday. Was fine, started with a nice group of new people. They work you hard though but it's ok. I found myself quite puzzled though by the number of different sponges and wipes you can get, several different manufacturers and the variety within that is HUGE. FFS it's only a bloody sponge!! :8855: Only real downside to the job is that it's only looks like it will amount to 8 hours in the week. Just not enough really. Got to get my head down and apply for a heap more jobs this weekend.

On the weight side, I haven't weighed for a couple of weeks or so, but i weighed this morning and I have sts which is I think a lucky result as I haven't paid much attention to what I eat. I knew I haven't been bad as such as we don't have money for sweets, crisps, biscuits etc... but I haven't been following red, green or EE although perhaps I have to a degree without realising it :eek: I have no idea!

Anyway, I'm going to try and pay attention this week and see how I go. I don't work til Wednesday evening and even then I start work after dinner time so I should be fine.

Ha! I had to wear a uniform, I haven't worn one since 5th form at school, 6th form didn't have to wear uniform - that I worked out yesterday was 31 years ago :eek: :8855:

Anyway, good luck to everyone for weigh in, and I'll try and drop in more often. It helps keep me on track when I do!

Back