Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I have to say, I do rely on the scales A LOT. I think it's because I personally find it very hard to see a difference in myself...at least if I see a difference in the scales I know I'm heading in the right direction.

I really need to get my a$$ in to gear and start doing exercise but I just find it so booooring.

All_about_the_climb said:
I have to say, I do rely on the scales A LOT. I think it's because I personally find it very hard to see a difference in myself...at least if I see a difference in the scales I know I'm heading in the right direction.

I really need to get my a$$ in to gear and start doing exercise but I just find it so booooring.

Have you tried going to a Zumba class - they are anything but boring lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use the scales a lot aswell however I've been doing the plan for a while now so I know to only count my weekly weigh. It is a good idea if Ur just starting to keep off them tho as u do get a bit obsessed lol plus it puts on Ur head yeah its ok to have that cuz scales say this...or I can't have that cuz my weights up this morning...so u starve lol I gained last week and I kno it was due to exercise. However my thoughts were more in the scale values for today....so I didn't exercise as much...which is bad. Like most things sw plan is all about learning from mistakes....but the point is to keep going. So this week....I'm exercising like I should have done this week lol and with the amount of garlic I've put in tonites dinner I dont think I'm going to be smelling great whilst I do it lol

I can find it hard to fit exercise in to the day sometimes. I have a Wii at home with a balance board which I leave set up in a spare room so I don't have set it up each time. I use this mostly for cardio doing the cycling, but I also have both Zumba games and Just Dance 2 for the Wii, which is fun and definitely gets me sweating.
I have also found that the 30 day shred is quite easy to fit in as it is only a 20-minute workout...not easy to do mind you, my face is so red afterwards that I can't go out in public for at least an hour :)...fortunately we live about 20 minutes out of town so by the time I've had a shower and got into town I'm almost respectable!

All_about_the_climb said:

I used to weigh myself every day and if I lost I used it as permission to eat more bad things and if I gained I was depressed and obsessive about what I ate. In other words I was creating my own roller coaster of emotions. A number of things happened to change that - first I did a no weigh challenge with a buddy on here and that got me out of the habit. I also started a weight loss group here in Vienna (not diet specific) and get weighed on a Thursday evening in kilos. I don't convert to stones and pounds so I have a sense of continually losing week to week. I now know that in the long run I am losing weight so the odd blip isn't the end of the world.

Exercise was a complete no no for me until I discovered kettle bells. I can do as little as 8 mins in a day and I am seeing the results after three weeks!

im going to look into this kettle bells stuff....heard it mentioned alot....although it will prob end up with the rest of my exercise purchases and ideas lol one step at a time kim one step at a time lol

kimmie2709 said:
im going to look into this kettle bells stuff....heard it mentioned alot....although it will prob end up with the rest of my exercise purchases and ideas lol one step at a time kim one step at a time lol

I understand there are classes in the UK so you could try it out first to see if it's for you.

I dont know your starting weight but if you dont weigh on the higher scale you may not see huge losses but you will see steady losses overall...which is good. In the past at my biggest weight i lost nearly a stone in 2 weeks....but i had over 10stone to loose in total. Now im not as big i dont tend to get the big losses, but bearing that in mind i still did have small losses at a higher weight...its all about how your body works.

Think of it like this....you weigh 1lb less then before.....your making an effort to loose and you are....if you werent doing SW you may have even put on 1lb or even more...and you wouldnt of weighed yourself to notice it...untill your clothes dont fit

make sure you keep a food diary as it does work when you start out....theres loads of hidden syns lurking about sometimes such as going over HEX allowance, i managed to have twice the amount 1 day as i forgot i had already had toast. Also it may take a week or so for your body to realise whats going on, therefore make sure you are eating enough, that you are getting your free foods in aswell, and that they are free. I had a friend who started SW few years ago and struggled to loose at all...when i asked her what she was eating i discovered that she was keeping syns low....but thats all she was eating low syn foods so basically her body was starving and storing the syns. Plus make sure you drink enough....this is hard- i struggle with this myself but ive switched to trying to drink min 3 green teas a day which is helping and keeping my milk intake to my allowance. Also sounds silly...but keep your scales in the same spot and make sure you calibrate them (if digital, touch them so they turn on then leave them to go off- should say on instructions)..and try to wear same type of clothes as week before.....wearing jeans and a jumper last week then weighing naked the next does have a difference lol.....so does you OH moving your scales about cuz his feet are bigger. oh and a good one is....make sure your puppy hasnt got his naughty little paw on it when you weigh- could have killed him the little bugger.

Main thing is KEEP GOING DONT GIVE UP....it will show up eventually xxx

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It means a lot! I will include some syns each day then. I have not had many this week.

I will keep up the effort. I have posted a diary but it hasn't appeared yet. So that might give some insight also

Ugh, that's the last time I shall be 'rewarding' myself with food. I feel like absolute $hit and from about 20minutes after I ate my chinese I've regretted it. Eating crap is officially not worth it.

that is exactly how i felt last night!! and you know what....it gave me a real slap round the face to get with it! if i had put weight on this week i dont know how i would of coped!!

it was at a top class restaurant yet i felt like i had eaten a thick greasy kebab due to the guilt and the fact my body seemed to be rejecting the food. What i had was also amazing quality food but i just felt awfull. the worst part was i was feeling rubbish but i kept eating it :( i was awake til gone 3am feeling so rubbish

im bloody glad im not the only one out there that felt this tho.

im hoping its a boost i needed!!

that is exactly how i felt last night!! and you know what....it gave me a real slap round the face to get with it! if i had put weight on this week i dont know how i would of coped!!

it was at a top class restaurant yet i felt like i had eaten a thick greasy kebab due to the guilt and the fact my body seemed to be rejecting the food. What i had was also amazing quality food but i just felt awfull. the worst part was i was feeling rubbish but i kept eating it :( i was awake til gone 3am feeling so rubbish

im bloody glad im not the only one out there that felt this tho.

im hoping its a boost i needed!!

Mine isn't even 'feeling rubbish' physically, it's a mental thing. I didn't enjoy it enough to warrant spending 25 syns on it. Plus with being a serial weigher and jumping on the scales just before typing this (I'm in bed)..my weight is showing 11st 4lbs which is FIVE lbs heavier than what I weighed in this morning. Obviously it will go down somewhat by tomorrow but not back to where I was. I feel awful having done it to myself and will be gutted if I get to next Sunday and have put on.
I'm SO annoyed with myself. Hopefully it will really put me off for a while to come.

I imagine it's going to be a long ass week of syn free stir fry's for me, which at the minute I don't mind. I just want this weight off!

Have had a bad couple of weeks. weighed in this morning (i Know I'm late, but was unexpectedly away all weekend) and have gained 4lbs. so determined now. Going to have a green week instead of EE.

Iv been enjoying the gym this last month but over the last week I just really have not wanted to go.
I dont know why and I'm feeling guilty about it. Taking my gym gear to work tomorrow and will head in after.
I think its because my workouts are long about 1.5 hours. I might try doing shorter ones to get me back in the mood

I've looked into joining the gym near where I work, it's £31 a month which seems reasonable as I'd be going 3 times a week to train for Race for Life (must get a link on here so you can all sponsor me haha) but they then tell me there's a £30 registration fee! How ridiculous! No wonder people don't use the gym if you have to pay double upon joining!
I asked if it would be cheaper since I'd been a member before but they said no. Bit gutted now as the gym where I live doesn't do a monthly membership so it costs more, and the town I live in is built in a bloody valley! So if I go run outside it's all uphill in every direction! Grr!

That's my rant over... :) think calm.

i get angry just thinking of gym payments....a group of friends extended their 6 week trial that we all did and i couldnt afford to at the time to extend mine after the 6 weeks...so i had to rejoin again 2 months later when i could afford to....within a 2 weeks of me paying out for a contract they decided to no longer go...even though i asked them numerous times if they would definatly still be going...thus i had no way of getting to the gym....so i had to pay out my contract...meaning i spent over £100 on nothing!!!

I now exercise by walking the puppy (ironically my OH was one of the gym lot that let me down and he paid for Arnold and he cost £1000 so thats my revenge :) lol)

And i also use exercise dvds....which i get for free
I refuse to pay to exercise when theres other options which you dont have to pay for. However I have in the past had other gym memberships and a personal trainer....but that was when I was single....and i did enjoy it....when the personal trainer turned up...grrrr he lasted a month then i got rid. I even did aerobics once....the once was enough!!!

By the looks of it everyone is working hard as ever this week...YAY us!!! team hug and hi 5s and all that other really cheesy stuff.

i can feel some good losses coming our ways this week

daisybell18 said:
Suspense is over and I have done a bit better than expected. 1 3/4 lbs which takes me just over the two stone mark. Was ultra good yesterday with only 4 syns so it obviously did the trick! Kettle bell plateau still to come.....

How often do you do kettlebells? I do it once a week in a class, I'm enjoying doing something a bit different but I've discovered I have no strength in my abs!

PinkToaster said:
How often do you do kettlebells? I do it once a week in a class, I'm enjoying doing something a bit different but I've discovered I have no strength in my abs!

I do it nearly everyday but for different times 3 x 8 mins on abs and 3 x 20 - 50 mins of whole body. I have been doing it for three weeks plus and am now ready to move up from a 4kg weight for quite a few of the exercises. I use the Kettlercise DVDs and have bought the kettleworx DVDs as my reward for reaching 2 stone (3 and a bit to go!)
I love the kettlebells and chose this instead of gym membership. I also use Nordic poles for power walking. I still struggle with the abs exercises more than the others - the 8 minute session is the hardest by far strange though it may seem.

Yet again my *week is turning into a *fortnight and my poor family are suffering as much as me with the PMS! Due to measure again in 5 days too as I'll have completed the 30 Day Shred but just feel ENORMOUS :boohoo:

Awe chin up Louise, I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised!
I have to say all of this negative talk surrounding weight loss and periods makes me very glad I run my pill packs together to avoid mine as often as possible! Though I did get it during my 2nd week of sw but I guess that was just my body getting used to the change in diet :)

Anyways , hoping for a 2lb loss this week... Reckon I'll probably get 1lb but I'm keeping a positive mental attitude!

Back