Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

The Wii Fit very kindly informed me last night that I am no longer obese, just good old-fashioned overweight - my Mii even shrank a bit :D

The Wii Fit very kindly informed me last night that I am no longer obese, just good old-fashioned overweight - my Mii even shrank a bit :D

Yay!!! Definitely a NSV - well done you :)

Honey39 said:
Oh huge well done, that's fantastic - congrats! When do you start?
thanks every1 :)
I have a month to work at my old job (retail) then I start at the hospital. I feel really weird about it all lol been with my current job for over 5years. I'm feeling like I'm a whole new person lol going to log exactly wat syns I had yesterday lol I'm determined to loose another 7lb before I start there

The mocha was 24.5 syns! Omg! I used to guzzle them most weeks with my boss Wen we were having a bad day! Also had crisps-6syns and biscuits 8 syns! I'm ment to be having a bbq to celebrate job on sat, and also eurovision, was going to drink but I don't think I will now after that lot lol

Have you any idea why? Is it your * week?

Try going right back to basics, it really works for me. Write everything down that you eat and drink and make sure you're measuring when you should - one week doing that and you'll see the reults. Hang in there :bighug:

Awww thanks Louise. I always right everything down as i think it helps keep me on track with my syns. It's not my * week, that's next week. I think i ate too many syns in 2 few days instead of spreading them out and i also had a couple of EE days which i'm not used to and i suspect i didn't eat enough Superfree foods. Aww well you live and learn. Fingers crossed for next week.

I got the job!!!! But I also had a mocha frap from Costa lol

WOOHOO, well done you. So what will you be doing at the hospital? And i don't worry about the Mocha, its just a blip!

I'm not usually one to brag but.........I've only gone and got in my size 14 jeans. I admit I have a long top over them hiding the worst of it but I got in them!!!!

All_about_the_climb said:
I've bitten the bullet and cancelled my online membership. It's going to end on the 3rd June EEK! I know I can go it alone though...well with the help of minimins :)

I cancelled my online membership six weeks ago and have been absolutely fine. I agree that the support on here is invaluable, especially for motivation, which is half the battle. From time to time I use my online diary to plan my meals but to be honest I am now in a routine that works for me. Once you understand how the SW plan works the online membership doesn't really give you much else in my opinion. Long live Minimins!

I'm not usually one to brag but.........I've only gone and got in my size 14 jeans. I admit I have a long top over them hiding the worst of it but I got in them!!!!

Oh well done, that's a fantastic achievement!!!

I've bitten the bullet and cancelled my online membership. It's going to end on the 3rd June EEK! I know I can go it alone though...well with the help of minimins :)

Good luck!!!!

I cancelled my online membership six weeks ago and have been absolutely fine. I agree that the support on here is invaluable, especially for motivation, which is half the battle. From time to time I use my online diary to plan my meals but to be honest I am now in a routine that works for me. Once you understand how the SW plan works the online membership doesn't really give you much else in my opinion. Long live Minimins!

I've been a member of Slimming World online since I started - I bought a year's membership this time, so it's not too bad. The main thing is gives me is the weighing in once a week, which I do without fail (as well as here, and other places). I would say that if you notice yourself avoiding weighing in one week for whatever reason, take note and make yourself do it!!! It's so sad, but honestly, almost everyone on this thread from the start has now vanished - I hope they're at goal, but I know that for me, avoidance is a sign that I'm regaining weight!!

But I agree, I don't use SW online much these days, apart from the weekly weigh in!

Honey39 said:
I've been a member of Slimming World online since I started - I bought a year's membership this time, so it's not too bad. The main thing is gives me is the weighing in once a week, which I do without fail (as well as here, and other places). I would say that if you notice yourself avoiding weighing in one week for whatever reason, take note and make yourself do it!!! It's so sad, but honestly, almost everyone on this thread from the start has now vanished - I hope they're at goal, but I know that for me, avoidance is a sign that I'm regaining weight!!

But I agree, I don't use SW online much these days, apart from the weekly weigh in!

Thank you for the sound advice. I have logged on Minimins every Sunday without fail since I joined - lose or gain but agree it could be tempting to avoid if all is not going well. I probably should have mentioned that I set up a small healthy eating support group in Vienna and we meet every week. I am therefore not really " flying solo" although noone else is doing SW. We get weighed and discuss our progress. This makes me doubly accountable - once a week on Minimins and every Thursday at my group.

I can't say often enough how important the "long timers" like yourself are to the rest of us. You show us that it is possible and that you are still losing even when near target. Please don't drift away - we need you!

carrot_tit said:
I'm currently an online member, think i will continue to be until i lose all my weight. I don't really use it much but i find the syns calculator invaluable. I can never remember the syn content of things!

That's wat I use my membership for and for listing my food each day. I've tried it alone before and I didn't stick to it so I'm keeping the online. Was same with group meetings...I stopped going as I can't stand them so I lost the ability to get online, and I came off plan. I hoping for a good loss on sunday. This weeks been brilliant so a loss will top it off! Get a new car on saturday aswell now :)

That's wat I use my membership for and for listing my food each day. I've tried it alone before and I didn't stick to it so I'm keeping the online. Was same with group meetings...I stopped going as I can't stand them so I lost the ability to get online, and I came off plan. I hoping for a good loss on sunday. This weeks been brilliant so a loss will top it off! Get a new car on saturday aswell now :)

I didn't like attending groups either. Had a good week so far but think i've eaten too many syns today. I had them but.... Well i guess the scales will tell me Sunday. What sort of car are you getting?

Yeah I had a blow out food wise last nite....and I'm having a bbq tonite. OH has just gone to pic the car up, its an Mitsibishi EVO 4 in silver, we used to have an evo 8 in black but sold it to buy a house. Need 1 for new job as I can't really turn up and park next to hospital wards in a noisey track car lol bit stressing really cuz I've got an occupational health test and I've got history that flags up on those sort of things.....hence the stuffing of my face last nite :eek:(

OH lied....its a good one!!! will be insured on monday so all is good......except for me :( already started the celebrations....going to hav a weekend off SW....just the one tho

OH lied....its a good one!!! will be insured on monday so all is good......except for me :( already started the celebrations....going to hav a weekend off SW....just the one tho

Aww i'm glad the car was okay after all. Hope you enjoy your BBQ. I went to one today. I think i've counted all my syns from it. There was surprisingly little free food there only some chicken. The rest was burgers and sausages, etc. So only had one burger and one sausage. I'd just worked out my syns and thought i'd done well as i'd only gone over my weekly allowance by 14 but then my partner reminded me that i'd spent a long time nibbling on some kettle chips that my sister in law had placed next to me so i've gone well over my allowance. Whoops! Well i guess the scales will tell me tomorrow. I only need 2.5lbs to finally get my half stone.... I'm not likely to lose next week as its my TOTM and i'm in London overnight at a conference on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone x

Back