Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I'm new and go to Slimming world meetings on Wednesday nights but in the past week I've binged every day and put on 3+ pounds!! I'm going to weigh at home this Sunday to keep myself motivated mid-week.

ps. Am I the only one who actually eats more in hot weather? lol! xx

OMG i've been so bad! Went to London Wednesday evening as i was going to a conference on Thursday and i drank my weight in beer! Plus its my star week this week so i'm not expecting good things on Sunday. I'm a bit annoyed with myself as i never intended to drink that much and i've also eaten crap as well. Sigh. Well the scales will tell me the damage on Sunday but i really hope its not too bad as i've only just gained my half stone award.

Jenna88 said:
Fuuuudge! I had a burger in a white bap with tomato ketchup! Anyone know how many syns? I'm not home to check online .

Doing the 'basic' brand....burger grilled 7.5, white burger bun 5, 1 tbsp ketchup 1
So total is 13.5
Hope that helps

Hi lovely Sunday people!! It's been a while since I was last here. The whole security breach thing happened and then I felt pretty uncomfortable, didn't really get what was going on and so I stayed away. Predictably I've been rubbish since I haven't been here, plus I've been through the first anniversary of the death of someone I adored so I haven't even tried.

A few days ago I found a pic of me in a wetsuit from about 5 years ago when I last successfully lost weight with Slimming World. I was about 3 stone lighter. How do I get my brain focused to do it again? I know the health benefits .... which are important to me.... which is why I feel like I'm rebelling against myself when I'm off the rails. I remember back then the self-discipline felt relatively easy, now it feels like an impossible task. How do I get my head back in the right place again??

Anyway, I guess coming back on here and seeing how motivated you all are might help! :)

Goody said:
Hi lovely Sunday people!! It's been a while since I was last here. The whole security breach thing happened and then I felt pretty uncomfortable, didn't really get what was going on and so I stayed away. Predictably I've been rubbish since I haven't been here, plus I've been through the first anniversary of the death of someone I adored so I haven't even tried.

A few days ago I found a pic of me in a wetsuit from about 5 years ago when I last successfully lost weight with Slimming World. I was about 3 stone lighter. How do I get my brain focused to do it again? I know the health benefits .... which are important to me.... which is why I feel like I'm rebelling against myself when I'm off the rails. I remember back then the self-discipline felt relatively easy, now it feels like an impossible task. How do I get my head back in the right place again??

Anyway, I guess coming back on here and seeing how motivated you all are might help! :)

Well done for coming back. That is the first step. I think everyone has to find their own motivation. It is no good trying to lose weight for someone else as you won't stick to it. For me, well meaning hints and encouragement from family and friends made me eat more! My motivator turned out to be competition and dare I say it "pride"! A school friend from when I was 11 had decided to lose weight and I couldn't bear the thought of being the "fatty in the relationship" It was the best thing she could have done for me and we have a good laugh about it. We talk every week (different countries) and compare progress. Once I got started the weight loss itself became my motivator. The more I lose, the better I feel so I want to lose more.
I also take it a week at a time. Yes I have a goal but it is realistic. Give it a try you might be surprised.

daisybell18 said:
Well done for coming back. That is the first step. I think everyone has to find their own motivation. It is no good trying to lose weight for someone else as you won't stick to it. For me, well meaning hints and encouragement from family and friends made me eat more! My motivator turned out to be competition and dare I say it "pride"! A school friend from when I was 11 had decided to lose weight and I couldn't bear the thought of being the "fatty in the relationship" It was the best thing she could have done for me and we have a good laugh about it. We talk every week (different countries) and compare progress. Once I got started the weight loss itself became my motivator. The more I lose, the better I feel so I want to lose more.
I also take it a week at a time. Yes I have a goal but it is realistic. Give it a try you might be surprised.

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your words of wisdom. It's really nice to hear that someone else has problems with encouragement and well-meaning words. I get things like 'should you really be eating that chocolate?' or 'you know how miserable you'll be if you put that weight back on'. I allow comments like that to make me feel like I'm failing and rather than motivating me, I get annoyed and eat more.

I think you're right about competition, all the times I've done well on Slimming World have been when I've gone along with a friend. I can not fit a class in any more which is why I thought this might be the next best thing. And I'm wondering if I should buy scales that weigh in smaller increments, I might find it more motivational to find I've lost 0.2lb rather than maintained.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to me and good luck for Sunday. X

Jenna88 said:
Not sure you were here when I started sw goody but welcome back all the same and I really hope you find the motivation you need :)

Feeling positive about tomorrow, just need to behave myself today! I can do it! Hope everyone else is feeling good :)

Thanks Jenna, I hope so too. I've put the thin picture of me as my phone wallpaper as a constant reminder If what I've managed to achieve before, hopefully that, being here with you lovely positive folk and trying not to give myself too much of a hard time will do the trick.

Good luck for tomorrow. I shall do my starting weigh tomorrow. :)

Welcome back Goody :) I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress.

I feel so bloated and full and i had a sneaky weigh in this morning and according to the scales i've gained 2lbs. There's no way i'll have been able to shift them today so looks like a gain for me this week. Oh well. Good luck tomorrow everyone :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Sarah.

My mum bought me brown bread today, it's Irwin's small high fibre. It doesn't say the words wholemeal on it so I don't think it can be used as a HE? When I search syns online it comes up as 4 syns per slice, so I'm assuming it's too high to be a hea? Given that a whole hea is roughly 6 syns? If anyone could shed a little light I'd be grateful.

carrot_tit said:
Welcome back Goody :) I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress.

I feel so bloated and full and i had a sneaky weigh in this morning and according to the scales i've gained 2lbs. There's no way i'll have been able to shift them today so looks like a gain for me this week. Oh well. Good luck tomorrow everyone :)

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the welcome back. It's going to make it so much easier knowing that people are watching me!! I guess that's why class works.

You might surprise yourself tomorrow. I've lost 3lb over night before now. Your weight can fluctuate so much in one day. I won't have anything to report tomorrow but I'll check in and see how you've all done.

Good luck everyone. X

Jenna88 said:
Will keep my fingers crossed for you Sarah.

My mum bought me brown bread today, it's Irwin's small high fibre. It doesn't say the words wholemeal on it so I don't think it can be used as a HE? When I search syns online it comes up as 4 syns per slice, so I'm assuming it's too high to be a hea? Given that a whole hea is roughly 6 syns? If anyone could shed a little light I'd be grateful.

I think it depends how absolutely strict you're being. If it doesn't say wholemeal then it won't be a HE. However, I know someone who is at target who always counted any brown bread as a HE. It probably wouldn't make much difference really but perhaps you could count it as a HE plus 2 syns if you have 2 slices. X

Good thinking :) I've just found out though she bought some nimble for herself so I think we shall swap lol!

I'm having one of my weird moments. I've just eaten an apple and I'm feeling guilty. WTF? It's clearly because weigh in is as soon as I wake up but I need to catch a grip!

I think you'll be okay for the moment with brown. The last time i did SW i ate white nimble because i hated Wholemeal so much, but then my weight loss slowed down so i begrudgingly changed to wholemeal. I now get the Warburton's 400g wholemeal loaf and i actually like it. See how you get on with the brown and change if its starts not to work for you.

First weigher as usual but I am one hour ahead of most of you. 2.25lbs for me this week.
I am holding a Jubilee Party in Vienna for a dozen or so people. Thankfully as I am doing the catering I have been able to slip in some SW friendly dishes including Jubilee Chicken (Jamie Oliver) and summer pudding. Bulk the first out with salad and the second with fat free Greek yogurt and I have a banquet fit for a queen! I always allow myself a bit of leeway on a Sunday after weigh in so I might succumb to a Union Jack cupcake. Enjoy the holiday.

Back