Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

i've put on 2lbs this week. gonna try for a good one!

Right, I know it's early but wanted to check in with everyone to see how the rest of WI day and if you guys have any specific plans or aims for today?

My WI day was good, I only managed to use 4 of the 7syns I've allocated myself each day this week as I couldn't find anyway to get 3 syns without going over. I went to the cinema last night to see Taken 2 (very good) and was very tempted to get popcorn, my friend who is also doing SW and went with me encouraged me so that she could get pick n mix but I didn't give in as I knew I'd be playing catch up for the rest of the week! I have to say it was pretty crap at the start looking around and seeing everyone stuffing their face with the sweet goodness lol but I felt so good about myself when I came home that I hadn't given in.

I've had breakfast already today so no doubt I'll be starving before lunchtime...luckily I'm all stocked up on SF to snack on! Feeling so positive this week :) Hope you are too :)

Jenna88 said:
Right, I know it's early but wanted to check in with everyone to see how the rest of WI day and if you guys have any specific plans or aims for today?

My WI day was good, I only managed to use 4 of the 7syns I've allocated myself each day this week as I couldn't find anyway to get 3 syns without going over. I went to the cinema last night to see Taken 2 (very good) and was very tempted to get popcorn, my friend who is also doing SW and went with me encouraged me so that she could get pick n mix but I didn't give in as I knew I'd be playing catch up for the rest of the week! I have to say it was pretty crap at the start looking around and seeing everyone stuffing their face with the sweet goodness lol but I felt so good about myself when I came home that I hadn't given in.

I've had breakfast already today so no doubt I'll be starving before lunchtime...luckily I'm all stocked up on SF to snack on! Feeling so positive this week :) Hope you are too :)

Good for you on the popcorn. It's so hard when you are in situations where you would normally eat. I get the same in airports! What is that about??
Do you go to a SW group? There aren't any here so I struggle with the rules at times. Syns especially.

Today I have had breakfast, bowl of fruit salad with fat free Greek yogurt. What is the SF that you snack on? I tend to go straight for fruit but maybe need to find something savory. Ideas?

Lunch will be pumpkin soup and a salad with egg.

Afternoon snack 2 ryvita with low fat Philly and a teaspoon of jam on each.

Dinner lamb curry (tomato, courgette and pumpkin sauce) with rice, cucumber and yogurt. Sugar free jelly with raspberries.

Am. I eating everything I should be? or worse still, too much? If I can stick with this today that will go a long way to helping e feel more confident.

M Louise H - those photos are amazing! You must be so proud. How tall are you? Would love to see a photo of you in favorite outfit now.

I have to admit that I didn't even own a pair of jeans before. I now live in them!

That all looks grand to me :) I don't go to group either so understand your struggle, I went once to buy the books but by that point I'd done my three months online (which I still maintain is not set out very clearly). Everything I 'know' comes from here!

Snack wise I usually have an apple or sole carrot sticks though recently I've been obsessed with pineapple (my god it's so tasty it's almost too good to be true that its sf).

Definitely know what you mean about airports, it's like as soon as my body sees that sign I'm in holiday mode (regardless of what I'm there for and to hell with calories/syns)

I honestly don't know what we'd do without minis, it's like our own 24hr sw group!

Well I WILL be having a massive gain tomorrow. Apparently in Dublin I felt the need to have potato skins and fried chicken for dinner (soooo sw friendly) and then after I'd drank the bar dry that night I ate a WHITE baguette Ffs! So annoyed! Looking at a 3/4lb gain at the mo boooo! All my own fault though!

Yum Im hungry.

xx

I have weighed in yesterday. I've lost another 3.5lbs. Yay
That takes my total weight loss in my first 4 weeks to 13.5lb.
I am really happy with that but can't help wishing I had got another 0.5lb off to get my shiny 1stone sticker.
I have a pack of stars. I stick one in my book for myself for every half and full stone, like I'm 8 years old. lol

M Louise H - those photos are amazing! You must be so proud. How tall are you? Would love to see a photo of you in favorite outfit now.

I have to admit that I didn't even own a pair of jeans before. I now live in them!

Aw thank you. I'm 5' 5" so am still technically in the overweight bracket :mad:

I went to the gym Wen I was about 20stone....I wouldn't worry. Every1 is too busy looking at themselves or the tvs un there lol .....unless you have really squeeky trainers and don't realise cuz you have your ipod on....I got new trainers straight after lol I'm thinking of going back to gym Wen I get my car sorted. Walking 5miles a day to n from work will do untill I do tho lol
Have fun at the gym!

Managed a fairly good day yesterday. Have borrowed a SW food optimizing book from a friend so that I can double check I am doing the right things. Jenna got me thinking about super foods yesterday - I eat masses of fruit but could up my veg intake a fair bit if I tried. It might stave off the cravings for sweet stuff. Off to the market to stock up. Will rustle up a ratatouille to have with chicken this evening and make some smoked salmon or mackerel pate for lunch (with soup and salad) Will be doing a kettlebell session with my 8 kg bell today. That should set me up for the day.
Good luck with the gym. Many moons ago I was given some advice by a personal trainer to focus on interval training on the aerobic machines. Apparently 10 mins is worth an hour of steady jogging or cycling. Don't use a gym here as so expensive but it worked for me then.

Hi Jenna, hope you feel better soon. Yes, sounds like you pushed too hard. Next time go in much more gently and listen to your body. You will be feeling fitter before you know it, but don't push too hard too soon cos you will put yourself off!

Jenna88 said:
Omg just back from the gym I obv pushed too hard for my first session, it's v rare that I feel unwell or complain about sickness (hangovers not included) but my vision went completely blurry and I felt like I was going to throw up. Slightly worrying that I'm THAT unfit! It can only get easier, def scared me though

Hope you've recovered Jenna. Lessons not to overdo it, but easy to say that with hindsight. I had another good day yesterday, taking a leaf out of your book and filling up on SFs. Today my plans B'fast: fruit salad, lunch: soup and egg salad, dinner: vegetable curry followed by tofu chocolate mousse. Snacks, apples, banana, 3 walnuts and an iced coffee.

Must do the kettlebell session I missed yesterday. Knew I should have done it early in the day before events overtook me.

What are you plans for the day, "blast it buddy"?

Hey mrs! That sounds like a lovely lady of food...dinner in particular has me wanting to lick the screen hehe! Also well done for being 100% yday :) I think my arms would fall off using a kettle bell lol

Have just posted this in another thread but it sums up my day pretty well!

Have my interview for the chase this morning (honestly not expecting much as when asking my mum and stepdad for things that make me interesting the 3 of us were stumped lol).

Going for lunch with a friend after (baked potato for me) and then to see her new apartment!

After that I plan to go to the gym, definitely going to go easier than yesterday (even if it was short and sweet I def went too hard) as temporary blindness and nausea are rather unpleasant lol!

Also will hopefully fit in buying a swimming costume in there and will be spending this evening googling beginner advice/circuits for the gym!

Food wise...the plan ( though it could change based on how hungry I am at dinner)

Breakfast-shreddies, banana and milk

Lunch-baked potato, beans and a side salad

Dinner
Chilli and vegetables!

Going to snack on a banana before the gym too and god know how many chunks of pineapple and melon ill shove in to me hehe!
Hope you've a fab day!

I'm still here and focused having had a couple of good days including meals out where I was able to make healthy choices. I listen to some podcasts from a programme called Fat2Fit radio and they are brilliant. They don't believe in diets just healthy eating and having the lifestyle of the thin person you want to be. This works for me.

Plans for today are kettlebells followed by a hike in the Vienna Woods. My walking companion is preparing lunch and she knows no fat or sugar so I'll be fine. Evening meal will be chicken stir fry. I have taken to eating apples as my main snack food thanks to Jenna's reference to SF snacks. can you believe I had to work out that it was super food snacks! Definitely not tuned in to SW properly.

Have a bit of a challenge ahead of me tomorrow as I have foolishly offered to bake a birthday cake for a friend and host a small champagne and cake in the afternoon. I will of course only have a small sliver of cake, it's the lickings during baking it that kill me!

Good luck to us all on Sunday.

I'm not going to be able to weigh on Sunday as I won't be home until the evening - will have to wait until Monday morning instead (or next Sunday if this weekend doesn't go well!).

Ooh have a lovely weekend Louise and I agree it's licking the bowl that's the hardest. A champagne and cake afternoon would destroy me but you can do it!

I had planned on going to the gym today but genuinely had such a **** day that I can't even entertain the idea.

Have been 100% and have been to the gym three times this week (will do 4 next week) so I fear that it could balls up my weigh in which will be tomorrow as I'm drowning my sorrows tomorrow night and getting sozzled!

Back